American Fight Club - Pioneers of MMA

AFC 10: Christmas Time

--- Preliminary ---

Jack Cobblepot (1-3) vs. Phil Verdigree (1-2)

Milton Harvey (0-3) vs. Rick Stanley (2-2) -Semifinal!

Bence Bodor (1-1) vs. Bruce Lee Thomas (5-3) -Semifinal

Greg Atteveld (0-1) vs. "The Jobber" Shawnte Kingston (1-2)

--- Preliminary ---

Taufik Wijaya (1-1) vs. Lars Bohlin (1-2)

Stanley vs. Thomas -Final

Jeff Carlton (0-0) vs. Veeti Kuqi (2-2)

Co-Main Event: Dai Towe (1-2) vs. Francesco Marazzina (3-3) © for the AFC Lightweight title!

Main Event: Jim Carpenter (3-2) vs. "Devil Dog" Scott Roy (5-1)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC 10: Christmas Mayhem

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x320/Synticha/WMMA/AFC/AFC.jpg

AFC 10: Christmas Mayhem!

Held in: Los Angeles, California

Date: 24th of December, 1989

Attendence: 319

---

Preliminaries:

Jack Cobblepot beat Phil Verdigree via Submission in 8:58 of round 1. (Poor)

Rick Stanley beat Milton Harvey via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Poor)

Bruce Lee Thomas beat Bence Bodor via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Average)

Shawnte Kingston beat Greg Atteveld via Knock Out in 5:46 of round 1. (Great)

---

Main Card:

Lars Bohlin beat Taufik Wijaya via TKO in 4:03 of round 3. (Good)

Bruce Lee Thomas beat Rick Stanley via TKO in 3:08 of round 1. (Good)

Jeff Carlton beat Veeti Kuqi via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Decent)

Francesco Marazzina beat Dai Towe via Submission in 6:32 of round 1 to retain AFC Lightweight Title. (Fantastic)

Jim Carpenter beat Scott Roy via Submission in 4:33 of round 3. (Great)

---

Show Rating: Great

---

Predictions:

sr_roy97: 7/9

ShortShortsarentdead:4/9

---

Oh yeah! It's back bitches. I just had a little break. The new rule is that everyone can have 2 fighters so those who already have a character in the game can have another one! Also, the show reports will be like this but I will still do previews of the shows!

1989 MMA Awards Ceremony

Fighter of the Year: Klein Riddick

Rookie of the Year: Troy Hayes

Rise of the Year: James Foster

Promotion of the Year: AFC

Show of the Year: AFC 1: Roid Rage

Fight of the Year: Troy Hayes vs. Veeti Kuqi (AFC 6)

Worst Fight of the Year: Robun Yamazaki vs. Milton Harvey (AFC 4)

Knock Out of the Year: Klein Riddick vs. Matthew Hall (AFC 7)

Submission of the Year: Francesco Marazzina vs. Matthew Hall (AFC 8)

Main Event of the Year: Klein Riddick vs. Scott Roy (AFC 3)

Upset of the Year: Troy Hayes defeat Klein Riddick (AFC 9)

Preview of AFC's roster:

Lightweights:

We actually have only one MAJOR lightweight and that is Francesco Marazzina. Dai Towe, Dan Halvorsen, Lars Bohlin, Matthew Hall and Taufik Wijaya are the secondary stars in the lightweight division so getting a #1 contender wont be very hard.

Middleweights:

Jim Carpenter is our Major star in Middleweight division. We have 5 secondary stars including Mac Fuller and Shawnte Kingston. We need to have a tournament between 4 of our secondary stars so we can have Jim Carpenter to fight against the winner for the AFC Middleweight title!

Heavyweights:

Where should I begin? We have Troy Hayes, the AFC World champion. Then we have Logan Harrison, the AFC Heavyweight champion. We have Klein Riddick, the best striker in the world, James Foster, the King of Ground and Pound, then we have Scott Roy, the inventor of MCMAP. Oh! And we have Bruce Lee Thomas, the best Muay Thai fighter in the world. Then we have more than 10 secondary stars. So our Heavyweight division is pretty much a perfect one.

Remember to get a new fighter everyone!

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6945/34887455dc45b70m3.png

#1/1990

AFC Re-Signs 4 Fighters

AFC has re-signed 4 of their fighters. Their #1 Middleweight, Jim Carpenter made a 8 fight contract. Heavyweight fighter Jack Cobblepot made a 4 fight deal as Finnish Heavyweight Veeti Kuqi made a 6 fight contract. AFC Also made a 4 fight deal with Heavyweight competitor, Rick Stanley.

AFC Introduce 10 New Fighters

The president of AFC, Lucas Lindbell has informed us that the AFC has signed 10 new fighters. Lindbell said that some of the new fighters might just make it to the top. Few of the names that popped up were Sean Morrison and Rob Baines. We will tell more about the new fighters when they have an upcoming match in the AFC!

Main Event and Co-Main Event Confirmed for the AFC 11!

AFC's owners have informed us about their upcoming event, AFC 11. They said that the event will be called AFC 11: The Return. They also confirmed that the main event will be held between the AFC World Champion, Troy Hayes and the "King of Ground and Pound", James Foster!

We will also see a rematch from AFC 5 as the former AFC World champion, Klein Riddick will take on the Muay Thai master, Bruce Lee Thomas. Thomas said to us in our interview that he is sure to win. Read the interview on the page 13.

AFC 11: The Return card revealed!

Lucas Lindbell has sent us the full card of the AFC 11. Here is the whole list. We'll release our preview in the next magazine. Only one of the new fighters is debuting and that is Rob Baines. But here is the full card:

Prelims:

Ralf Puce (0-1) vs. Rob Baines (0-0)

Mac Fuller (3-3) vs. Zaco (0-2)

Seigo Tsuda (0-1) vs. Gustavo Bautista (0-1)

Cliff McAddam (0-1) vs. Geoff Cahill (1-0)

George Laurent (2-5) vs. Stafford Alois (1-0)

Solomon Austin (1-1) vs. Harry Milne (3-3)

Main Card:

Dai Towe (1-3) vs. Dan Halvorsen (1-2)

Jeff Carlton (1-0) vs. Rick Stanley (3-3)

Fernando Amaro (2-2) vs. Shawnte Kingston (2-2)

Lars Bohlin (2-2) vs. Matthew Hall (3-2)

Bruce Lee Thomas (7-3) vs. Klein Riddick (6-1)

Troy Hayes © (7-2) vs. James Foster (6-1) for the AFC World Title!

Ay Mates! Predict!

Yay youre back...i was on the end of KO and Tapout of the year, i went from 3-0 to 3-2. Hopefully i get back on track against Bohlin.

Main Card:

Troy Hayes © (7-2) vs. James Foster (6-1) for the AFC World Title!

Well, you still have a win over Troy Hayes! I might do the preview today and if I do that, then I'll release the results in the morning. I also write a different kind of a review from the event!

Edit. Oh! Remember to do your second character in the application thread!

AFC 11: The Return Preview

AFC 11: The Return Preview by Adam Mahoney

Hi guys, this is Adam Mahoney. I'm the head writer of the MMA Magazine and today I'll preview the upcoming AFC event, AFC 11: The Return! Today I have a special guest as the AFC Heavyweight champion, Logan Harrison is here with me! The whole card looks interesting and we get to see fights in the all weight classes. The debut of Rob Baines is also an interesting thing to see as some of the other fighters believe that he will be the name of the year. Only time will tell but here are mine and Logan's predictions!

A.M: This is a tough one as we don't know much about that Baines guy. Truth is that he doesn't even need to be a good fighter as Puce is one of the worst in the middleweight division! I'm pretty sure that Baines will take this one!

L.H: This sure is an easy one! I've trained with Baines for a couple of a weeks and god damn he can do nice submissions! His only problem is that that's just about all he can do but I think that it'll be enough for this match! Baines will take this one via Submission!

A.M: Mac Fuller's takedown defence might be good enough today and if it is, then he'll take the match via Knock Out! Zaco is a wrestler which is a bad thing when you fight against a guy with a great takedown defence like Mac Fuller. My prediction is Fuller via TKO!

L.H: Zaco is a solid wrestler but his problem is that he doesn't have skills to end the match on the ground so he'll just have to get the win via judge's decision which is a bad thing against Fuller! I'm sure about Fuller's win as Fuller is one of the strikers in the Middleweight division and he has an amazing takedown defence!

A.M: They both lost their first matches which is kind of a big factor in this match-up. Bautista is a pretty solid fighter as Tsuda has just one thing in him and that is the strength of his punches. Bautista will probably take this one via decision!

L.H: I said to Lindbell that I could fight at AFC 11 but no! He came up with sh** like this and now I have to do predictions for this match? Come ON! Well, I have to predict so I put my moneys on Bautista.

A.M: McAddam is some kind of a wrestler who I doubt that will never get any wins. Cahill on the other hand is a solid boxer which is atleast enough for this fight! Cahill via KO I say!

L.H: Cahill takes this one! McAddam's biggest skill is his skill to lose. Just wait and see as Cahill destroys him via TKO! End of story!

A.M: Laurent is a veteran from all the way to the AFC 1! Back then he got to the finals but after that, he has lost every match he has been in! Stafford is an upcomer who got a win from his first match via first round KO! Stafford's kicks are very dangerous so Laurent's better to look after them! Alois takes via KO!

L.H: I've fought against Laurent. I submitted him which isn't a big suprise when you talk about me. I'd say that Alois wins today as his Muay Thai knee strikes in his debut match were pretty amazing! Alois wins via KO. Let me see those knees again!

A.M: Austin won Laurent in the AFC 9 and I'm very VERY suprised of that. Milne is a good wrestler who also has a win over Laurent AND he has a win over Jim Carpenter! Milne will probably take this via decision.

L.H: Austin is a BIG BIG BIIG piece of sh*t! I still wonder how Laurent lot to him. Well, Milne's last fight was against me and he lost so what can I say? I'm better than him but I still think that Milne will take this one!

A.M: Halvorsen is a very smart fighter who is always a serious opponent! He doesn't have any big mistakes which might be enough for him tonight. Towe on the other hand, has a win over Seigo Tsuda which doesn't prove much. He has good high kicks and he can make you submit but that is all he has. Halvorsen via Submission!

L.H: For some odd reason I've liked Towe ever since I've seen him fight. I loved his armbar against Tsuda and I hope that I can see it here again. Halvorsen is a good solid fighter who just doesn't have IT. Towe via Submission!

A.M: Carlton won Veeti Kuqi via Unanimous decision at the AFC 10 and now his back for more. His GnP skills are very good so he'll most likely take Stanley down and work his way to the mount. Stanley on the other hand, is an old competitor from all the way down as AFC 1. He lost to George Laurent in the semi-finals. Stanley has huge punching power! I think that Carlton wins via TKO!

L.H: Stanley is a great puncher! He hits as hard as Klein Riddick which is amazing! Carlton is a normal wrestler who works his way to the ground and pounds you away! I think that Stanley will take this via KO!

A.M: Kingston is having a good streak which will make sure that his in winning mood. Amaro also pulled out a win in his last fight. Kingston's kicks are maybe the best in the world of MMA. If you ask me, well you did ask me that who's going to win and I have to say that Kingston via KO! Mark my words!

L.H: Come on, this ain't fair! Amaro is totally outgunned in this one if you ask from me. Of course Amaro has won Dai Towe and Ralf Puce but so what? I mean, Towe and Puce. 2 of the worst in the Lightweight division if you ask from me! But Kingston has a winning streak and he has beaten Mac Fuller and Greg Atteveld via KO! That's something if you ask from me! Kingston will dominate this one!

A.M: 'Ice Cold' Lars Bohlin against Matthew Hall... One of my favorite match-ups in the history of AFC. We may see some great clinch work today and if Hall gets his Muay Thai knees to land, it is all over. And if Bohlin uses his great tactics and takes Hall down he gets the win via Decision! But I must say that I just can't decide that which one is going to win here so I say a draw!

L.H: I dunno. Bohlin and Hall... Yet another Lightweight match in the AFC 11. Well, if everything goes as I expect, Bohlin will be caught in the clinch and he shall taste the knee of Hall. This is pretty much a #1 contendership match for the title. So I pick Hall to win via TKO!

A.M: Is Riddick's punches enough today? I think that they will be. In the AFC 5 Riddick won via Unanimous Decision after that Thomas has been in bit of a rust. He has 2 wins over Rick Stanley but his performance's have been pretty dull. Riddick on the other hand! He just lost his title so we see how that has gotten into his head. Riddick is a beast while standing but he doesn't have much of a skills in ground fighting. This sure is a tough one but I have to go for Thomas! Thomas wins via KO I say!

L.H: Thomas via KO? Give me a f**king break! Riddick is THE BEST striker in the world, end of story! Thomas might get a change if he gets his Muay Thai clinch done but if not, bye bye baby! So I say Riddick via KO!

Troy Hayes © (7-2) vs. James Foster (6-1)

For the AFC World Title!

A.M: This is sure to be the match of the night. Foster is the MOST solid fighter in the world. He can fight in the ground and while standing. Actually he might even be the best ground fighter in the world. Hayes on the other hand, is a great boxer, good wrestler and has good Muay Thai knees. He also won Klein Riddick via Submission which is a big achievement. This is maybe the toughest call of the night but I'll say James Foster via Submission!

L.H: Hayes vs. Foster... For the AFC World title... I've beat 'em both. I've lost to Foster but that was some time ago. Foster sure is "The King of Ground and Pound" but he's just no match for the skill of Hayes! Hayes is a tough mofo but his weakness is that he doesn't have much of an experience! I have to say Hayes via TKO! Then I shall beat him up in a rematch and I shall be both, the AFC World and Heavyweight champion!

• 3 weeks later...

AFC 11: The Return Results

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x320/Synticha/WMMA/AFC/AFC.jpg

AFC 11: The Return

Held in: Los Angeles, California

Date: 6th of February, 1990

Attendence: 455

---

Preliminaries:

Rob Baines beat Ralf Puce via Submission in 2:38 of round 1. (Fantastic)

Mac Fuller beat Zaco via Knock Out in 0:52 of round 2. (Fantastic)

Gustavo Bautista beat Seigo Tsuda via TKO in 1:00 of round 1. (Great)

Geoff Cahill beat Cliff McAddam via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Poor)

George Laurent beat Stafford Alois via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Average)

Harry Milne beat Salomon Austin via Submission in 2:17 of round 1. (Great)

---

Main Card:

Dai Towe beat Dan Halvorsen via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Decent)

Jeff Carlton beat Rick Stanley via TKO in 3:03 of round 1. (Great)

Fernando Amaro beat Shawnte Kingston via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Average)

Lars Bohlin beat Matthew Hall via Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3. (Decent)

Bruce Lee Thomas beat Klein Riddick via Knock Out in 5:26 of round 1. (Good)

James Foster beat Troy Hayes via Submission in 9:07 of round 1 to win the AFC World title. (Great)

---

Show Rating: Excellent

---

Predictions:

1234: 6/12

---

REMEMBER TO GET YOUR SECOND FIGHTER 'CUZ IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY BETTER :)

NEW MMA ORGANISATION FORMED

In Japan a British businessman Jerome T. McCallum has formed a new MMA promotion. McCallum has already signed 10 fighters to his Organisation which is called ALPHA-1! 2 of the signed fighters were AFC veterans, Gunnar Nilsson, who has wins over Logan Harrison and Hunter Russell, and Phil Verdigree who has 1-3 record with a win over Manol Sirakov.

AFC SIGNS NEW FIGHTERS, AFC VETERAN QUITS

American Fight Club informed us that AFC has signed a new fighters. Edilberto, a Brazilian fighter who has trained Muay Thai for some time. AFC also signed Japanese fighter Go Yamamoto who is a very talented fighter. They signed Heavyweight fighter, Tony McCall and a lightweight fighter Davi Carlos Ramos.

Also an AFC veteran, Manol "The Smasher" Sirakov has decided to quit his career. Sirakov had a 0-4 record. We contacted him after his decision. To read the interview click here.

AFC 12: Ignore the Rest card revealed!

AFC informed their next card which will include many debuts. This is actually pretty bad card so...

Prelims:

Taufik Wijaya (1-2) vs. Go Yamamoto (0-0)

Dokuohtei Kuroki (0-0) vs. Yoshinobu Tanaka (0-0)

Mark Cohen (0-0) vs. Edilberto (0-0)

Gustavo Bautista (1-1) vs. Yee Tsuji (0-0)

Koji Hashiranti (0-0) vs. Mario de Souza (0-0)

Veeti Kuqi (2-3) vs. Hunter Russell (2-3)

Main Card:

Robin Wisniewski (0-0) vs. Tony McCall (0-0)

Ricardo Fernandes (0-0) vs. Ernie Bruns (0-0)

Davi Carlos Ramos (0-0) vs. Indriyanto Setyo Nughoro (0-1)

Sean Morrison (0-0) vs. Ichisake Miyagi (0-0)

Rob Baines (1-0) vs. Jim Carpenter © (4-2) for the AFC Middleweight Title

Scott Roy (5-2) vs. Logan Harrison © (6-2) for the AFC Heavyweight Title

Archived