Barnett test postive

GatorBait19

MMA -related..

As expected, UFC 100 was the biggest event in mixed martial arts history. The total number of pay-per-view buys is in excess of 1.5 million. The UFC's previous top selling PPV was UFC 66, which pulled in 1.05 million buys. Not only was the event the most bought MMA PPV of all time, but it is also one of the top selling PPV events of all time.

Here is a list of the top five selling PPV events ever:

1. 5/5/07 - Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. - 2,400,000 buys

2. 6/28/97 - Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II - 1,990,000 buys

3. 11/9/96 - Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield - 1,600,000 buys

4. 8/19/95 - Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeely - 1,580,000 buys

5. 7/11/09 - UFC 100 - 1,500,000 buys

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z48/Bulletproof_photo/DanaIsComing.jpg

:o

Just to add to all of this:

Affliction Dead. (As expected)

Official UFC Sponsor.

Tito Ortiz re-signs with UFC.

Gegard Mousasi is frustrated with Barnett and speculates that he may sign with the UFC now.

Other Affliction fighters are still up in the air, although Vitor is another likely name to sign with the UFC in short order.

Just to add to all of this:

Affliction Dead. (As expected)

Official UFC Sponsor.

Tito Ortiz re-signs with UFC.

Gegard Mousasi is frustrated with Barnett and speculates that he may sign with the UFC now.

Other Affliction fighters are still up in the air, although Vitor is another likely name to sign with the UFC in short order.

ik hes not an affliction guy, but i hope they sign brett rogers. cuz i wanna see what this guy has really got and imo the ufc is the best place to find out

You sure? I don't think he is fighting on the upcoming show unless he is replacing Alistair Overeem

Affliction inquired about him and were told that he wouldn't be available. I believe he will be fighting Werdum for an interim Heavyweight title, but that's not confirmed.

isnt he fighting overeem?

No. Overeem was set to defend the title vs. Werdum but is still battling a hand injury and is off the card.

Affliction inquired about him and were told that he wouldn't be available. I believe he will be fighting Werdum for an interim Heavyweight title, but that's not confirmed.

Maybe it was because Rogers wasn't ready for a big fight against the #1 heavyweight in the world or a fight at all or he would of been fighting against Overeem instead of Werdum in the first place.

That's Strikeforce's booking, not Rogers' personal decision. I think Strikeforce, as far as Overeem was concerened, probably wanted Rogers to fight the winner afterwards. And by the time Barnett went down Overeem was already pulled. A loss to Fedor would not have hurt him or Strikeforce in anyway, and I don't believe the fight ever made it to Brett in the first place.

oh man did barnett mess up the mma universe. i've just read on mmajunkies.com that affliction quit promoting ufc events and now r going back to ufc as a sponsor. than the biggest new is that their talking about bringing back tito! also on july 31st dana is making a huge announcement! i can only think is that fedor has signed! dana said fedor will get a straight title shot! does anyone know if we can watch these announcements online or on tv? man can u imagine tito coming back?

Ok, trying to decipher some of that... let's clear things up.

affliction quit promoting ufc events and now r going back to ufc as a sponsor.

Affliction decided to cancel Affliction Trilogy and subsequently made a deal to stop promoting events in turn becoming an official UFC Sponsor again. From sources this apprently was offered to the UFC the week of UFC 100 and turned down, and Strikeforce and Affliction were planning on merging. However, Scott Coker (head man at Strikeforce) never got the papers signed and went to Italy on vacation. Then all of this happened, poor timing for a vacation.

And Affliction never promoted UFC events, they promoted MMA events.

than the biggest new is that their talking about bringing back tito!

That's not the biggest news. The biggest news is of Affliction. Last week when Dana and Tito buried the hatchet this was a foregone conclusion that he'd be making his UFC return.

also on july 31st dana is making a huge announcement! i can only think is that fedor has signed! dana said fedor will get a straight title shot!

Dana has been adament about wanting to sign Fedor for some time, and he mentioned that if he was signed that he would fight for the title straight away - none of this is ground breaking news.

From the sound of things this press conference has been in the works for some time because Dana said he had a "laundry list" of things to talk about. Affliction closing isn't a laundry list. Furthermore, Fedor just learned about this yesterday and his family was on their way to Anaheim already. The odds that he just learned about the cancellation and went back in time to sign a deal with the UFC are slim. However, I wouldn't be totally shocked to hear him signing a contract with Zuffa next Friday --- it just hasn't happened yet.

There has been a lot of speculation with the UFC recently prior to Affliction closing leaving a lot of fighters out there. The Ultimate Fighter 10 is gearing up, two events in August, trying to book 103, and the potential for the UFC to have a primetime event on ABC.

One of the ESPN suits was at UFC 100 as a special guest of Dana White, and there was speculation as to if this would mean a television deal or expanded UFC coverage. Dana has talked about a negotiating a deal to bring the UFC to a major network. The Spike TV deal is exclusive to cable ruling out ESPN, however Disney folded ABC Sports and as they own ESPN named it ESPN on ABC and they control sports programming. So it's completley logical to think that ABC would be the frontrunner for a UFC event.

I am skeptical due to Disney owning both and that has been a hangup in the past.

that's pretty much a given since Affliction has pretty much died out.

LOL. A given. Absolutely not.

Do I expect Fedor to sign at some point? Yes. Would I be surprised to hear of him sign? No. But is it a given? 100% No.

His management and feelings toward the UFC are known and they have been FAR apart. He has many many demands and some of the ones previous were: Competing in Sambo competitions, all Fedor UFC fights would be billed as UFC and M-1 presents to co-promote under the M-1 banner, Red Devil teammates to be hired, a UFC Russia event, and more including his management suggesting Dana and Zuffa even build a venue in Russia --- yes, build a venue.

Needless to say they are FAR apart, and Fedor doesn't have to sign with the UFC. He can easily return to Japan and even fight under M-1 which he has done in the past.

To just assume he has signed with the UFC is incredibly short-sighted and naive to the whole process and where the two sides are the last time they talked.

lol sorry man i didn't mean affliction promoted ufc events, sorry i got bad english lol. well thanks for clearing these up. i didn't mean tito signing was bigger then fedor im just saying thats its going to be big not big as fedor but still big i always like the guy even though hes on a losing streak now.

"This is the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about. Fedor and I are here in the States. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations. Of course it still doesn’t imply we are ready to accept any conditions they’ll throw at us. We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."

*facepalm*

A long way to go before we see Fedor in the UFC, and if they don't remove that last bit... it'll never happen.

Yeah I just read those statements. I don't think UFC has a problem giving a few M-1 or Red Devil fighters a shot since it won't cost too much and you never know, they could do well, they obviously don't have a problem paying him as I'm sure they would give a $1 mill flat fight rate similiar to Brocks flat $500 K but money isn't really an issue for Fedor. The Sambo events aren't the problem since UFC said before they could give some on that, it's clear Finkelchtein is just using Fedor to improve himself and his company. I believe Fedor has some financial stake in M-1 otherwise he should just dump them and go to UFC and make loads, but of course what if he signs a 3 fight deal and loses all three? then where does he go?

lol sorry man i didn't mean affliction promoted ufc events, sorry i got bad english lol. well thanks for clearing these up. i didn't mean tito signing was bigger then fedor im just saying thats its going to be big not big as fedor but still big i always like the guy even though hes on a losing streak now.

Losing streak? In his last 4 fights he is 1-2-1, he beat Shamrock, lost to Liddel, drew with Rashad and then lost to Lyoto. 3 losses in a row is a losing streak, winning, losing, tying then losing is not a losing streak at all.

Losing streak? In his last 4 fights he is 1-2-1, he beat Shamrock, lost to Liddel, drew with Rashad and then lost to Lyoto. 3 losses in a row is a losing streak, winning, losing, tying then losing is not a losing streak at all.

Yes, he's clearly in top form :o

I don't think UFC has a problem giving a few M-1 or Red Devil fighters a shot since it won't cost too much

I don't think this is a sticking point either as normally campsof top fighters see their counterparts inside the Octagon.

they obviously don't have a problem paying him as I'm sure they would give a $1 mill flat fight rate similiar to Brocks flat $500 K but money isn't really an issue for Fedor.

Brock makes a lot more than 500k that's just a base pay that is reported to commissions. I believe he earned 3mill+ for UFC 100. The UFC has already offered him a deal in the past worth around that same number.

The Sambo events aren't the problem since UFC said before they could give some on that

Source? I'm just curious and want to read that as I haven't heard any official statement on the Sambo.

it's clear Finkelchtein is just using Fedor to improve himself and his company. I believe Fedor has some financial stake in M-1 otherwise he should just dump them and go to UFC and make loads, but of course what if he signs a 3 fight deal and loses all three? then where does he go?

Yeah, it's all about promoting M-1 and getting money for him. Hopefully the UFC does meet with them and talk to Fedor face-to-face for the first time and can hash some kind of deal out. However, it's unlikely since they always want M-1 to co-promote and other stuff... just not going to happen.

i swear i just read on mmajunkies that he has a 4 loss streak but ur right i looked on wiki and based off that info ur correct. i tried looking back on mmajunkies but couldn't find the article about dana talking about tito signing

Archived