DOTM: July Nominations

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just going to throw out that I appreciate the hard-working that Mistaken and any others put into all of this, then I'm going to quietly tip-toe back out of the thread...

Oh for ****'s sake Papa how you gonna try to avoid a fight! Typical behavior to be expected from such ... um ...

Okay, I got nothing.

Take the bait anyway *bats eyes cutely*?

Jesus christ, handbags at ten paces and all that...

Self laid out the "Bunch of guys nominate possible inductees > Bunch of guys vote on those nominations > Top 3 get in > Hall of Fame Class of '09 > High fives ensue", which makes PERFECT SENSE, and now you're all flapping about with sand in your vaginas.

You can protest you're calm and chilled all you want, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Jesus christ, handbags at ten paces and all that...

Self laid out the "Bunch of guys nominate possible inductees > Bunch of guys vote on those nominations > Top 3 get in > Hall of Fame Class of '09 > High fives ensue", which makes PERFECT SENSE, and now you're all flapping about with sand in your vaginas.

You can protest you're calm and chilled all you want, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, fair point. For my part, I apologise. However, no insult was intended at any point and I think, originally, this was all perfectly civilised.

As I say, the only thing that winds me up is if I'm accused of being boastful since I prefer to think of myself as a helpful bloke and I think I have been throughout my time here. Actually, this reminds me, Nedew, I was supposed to be doing some MoSC cuts for you, wasn't I?

Oh dear... I'll get on that. Finally.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

Yeah, fair point. For my part, I apologise. However, no insult was intended at any point and I think, originally, this was all perfectly civilised.

As I say, the only thing that winds me up is if I'm accused of being boastful since I prefer to think of myself as a helpful bloke and I think I have been throughout my time here. Actually, this reminds me, Nedew, I was supposed to be doing some MoSC cuts for you, wasn't I?

Oh dear... I'll get on that. Finally.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

For the record, I wasn't specifically aiming that at you as much as the whole clique of slapsies that was occuring here :)

No rush on the cuts, was merely something i was interested in. As and when you like it really...

2 - Nominate mistaken's Money To Burn (A really under-rated dynasty. I can't believe it wasn't nominated already)

I like mistaken's diary just because of how straight forward it is. There isn't this epic backstory or convaluted plot lines, it's basically "grab a bunch of wrestlers and have them wrestle around the country."

I will say that some really amusing stuff has come out of there, though. Especially the hippy stuff. Everyone loves hippies :D

Especialy super computers, but that is such a nerdy joke I doubt anyone will get it.

WE are up to date

2 - Nominate mistaken's Money To Burn (A really under-rated dynasty. I can't believe it wasn't nominated already)

It's been fun diary, hopefully it doesn't take itself to seriously

on another note, how goes the prep for our side project? or did it get pulled?:cool:

Oh for ****'s sake Papa how you gonna try to avoid a fight! Typical behavior to be expected from such ... um ...

Okay, I got nothing.

Take the bait anyway *bats eyes cutely*?

From such a Canadian? Is that where you were going? Go ahead and say it then! You big... jerk!

Come on, Papa. You know that whenever defending your nationality, all Canadians are required to include the word "hoser" in at least one sentence.

True Story. I once got called a "hosier" or "hoser" or whatever the devil it is while working at Bennigan's a couple of years back by a Canadian.

He was trying to get me to be impressed that "he was from a foreign country, how cool is that?" Sadly, I don't find being from Canada all that impressive.

Other true story. Same night, a group of Norwegian businessmen came in, order steaks, and left me a massive $50 tip. Indeed, proof there are such thing as Alpha Norwegians.

Come on, Papa. You know that whenever defending your nationality, all Canadians are required to include the word "hoser" in at least one sentence.

By Canadian law, we are also supposed to type "eh" at the end of every post more than three words long. But I'm a badass rebel Canadian. More DeColt than Stone.

True Story. I once got called a "hosier" or "hoser" or whatever the devil it is while working at Bennigan's a couple of years back by a Canadian.

He was trying to get me to be impressed that "he was from a foreign country, how cool is that?" Sadly, I don't find being from Canada all that impressive.

Other true story. Same night, a group of Norwegian businessmen came in, order steaks, and left me a massive $50 tip. Indeed, proof there are such thing as Alpha Norwegians.

I hope to hell that isn't the lone Canadian you've met, Comradebot. We're not all losers. Uh, well... not that much of losers, anyway....

Was in Houston in April. No one knew we were from Canada unless we told them. There are little giveaways - saying "thank you" a lot, holding open doors for people, and compulsively apologizing for everything - but manage to avoid the really obvious giveaways like "hoser" and "eh".

I know "eh" and "hoser" are kinda stereotypical but are they truly used to any degree in Canada? Such as a friend of mine in England says that nobody but old people say "bloody" there.

I can't say I've heard "hoser" used in any manner other than someone intentionally wanting to sound stupid. As for the "eh", I really don't hear it people are using it. I've been all over the US and can honestly say I don't think anyone has identified me as Canadian due to verbal mannerisms.

I know "eh" and "hoser" are kinda stereotypical but are they truly used to any degree in Canada? Such as a friend of mine in England says that nobody but old people say "bloody" there.

I think that depends on region. In London, it's pretty prevalent.

If you don't want a full-on offensive swear word, you say "bloody". It's a kind of half-swear that you can get away with in almost any situation and, thus, is rather useful.

I, at least, use it a lot but, then, I commonly use c0ckney slang without even realising it. So, maybe I am a talking stereotype.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

If you don't want a full-on offensive swear word, you say "bloody". It's a kind of half-swear that you can get away with in almost any situation and, thus, is rather useful.

I, at least, use it a lot but, then, I commonly use c0ckney slang without even realising it. So, maybe I am a talking stereotype.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

Bloody's common currency oop North, lad.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

c0ckney slang beats ebonics, that's for sure :(

c0ckney slang beats ebonics, that's for sure :(

Here here!

As for Canadian slang, "eh" is used a lot, but it's not glaring.

The most common usage of "eh" is as a stand in for "wouldn't you agree". For instance:

Cool t-shirt, eh?

She's a looker, eh?

I truly am a marvel to behold, eh?

The other common usage of the word is as part of a phrase expressing jubilant agreement:

F*ckin' eh!

Archived