NCAA 10 Gripe Time

slack

I love the game. But damnit. Top ten gripes.

10. Injuries to starting QB, impact TE, and Impact RB on the road. Three consecutive plays.

9. Computer scoring on 45 second drives before every half ends. (Well, at least 5 games in one season.)

8. Rivalry games getting insane. Up 28-7 at half, I get ball start 2nd half, by the end of the 3rd Quarter 28-28.

7. Road to Glory mode calling plays for plays sake, not to win games.

6. CPU w/ unbelievable pass rush no matter the matchups

5. D-Lineman returns EIGHTY yard Pick 6.

4. CPU block only XP in history, making sure I'm up 2.

3. 70 Overall FS catching a ONE Handed INT in the snow.

2. Losing a game on a bogus fumble as time expire with no chance to challenge.

1. CPU forcing fumble on a QB KNEEL DOWN and getting the ball at the 20!

There, I feel better.

*I play on All-American Difficulty

Still playing on my offline dynasty in Varsity. Will probably up it next season. I've been playing quite a bit, and have yet to encounter much of what you mention. I've seen huge kickoff returns for a TD after a long drive a few times though. I almost ran into the "No way in hell game" against Troy (as FAU). Up 14-3 in the first half, I wasn't able to score ANYTHING until 20 seconds remained in the game. With that score, it was 21-17 (they scored twice in the second half). My offense was essentially neutered, like the computer wasn't going to let me win that game.

what I dislike is well...... the whole game to tell the truth

I mean everything is pretty much the same, like oh yeah you can make your dynasty better, but you have to buy this stuff, that's great why can't I earn that stuff during the season.

Listen EA is one of the biggest gaming companies out there, but I truly believe they have lost there way in the sports department, Basketball, Football, and Hockey has been the same for years now, and 2K sports just keeps getting better with theirs

what I dislike is well...... the whole game to tell the truth

I mean everything is pretty much the same, like oh yeah you can make your dynasty better, but you have to buy this stuff, that's great why can't I earn that stuff during the season.

Listen EA is one of the biggest gaming companies out there, but I truly believe they have lost there way in the sports department, Basketball, Football, and Hockey has been the same for years now, and 2K sports just keeps getting better with theirs

I believe you can earn all of that stuff in the dynasty, you don't HAVE to buy them.

And I beg to differ, EA's Hockey game was superior to 2Ks. EA's NHL game was probably the best sports game last year.

Also, wasn't 2K's baseball game a mess the last time around?

the NBA 2K series is by far the best and way ahead of NBA Live, but in general, sports games have simply stagnated this generation.

Madden hasn't gotten much better because EA is working like a business. When they got the exclusive rights to Madden and moved Madden to the 360 (whichever order it was), they took LOTS away from the game. Madden 04 and 05 are STILL better games than the current gen games. I'm not even saying for their time either. In general, if you ignored the graphics, the PS2 versions from those years were the best!

However, they could do that. They did it so they could incrementally build things back up and make it seem like they never stopped progressing!

This year's version looks and plays (in the demo) very well. They finally took the time to set things back parallel "real logic" as opposed to "Madden logic". Before, you had to get used to the "Madden universe" where all deep passes had to pass dangerously close to the top of the stadium and a QB was sacked if a defender got within 6 feet of him. Now, it seems like those issues have been addressed!

I didn't get NCAA Football last year, so this year's version is perfectly fine for me. :D

the only gripe i have about the game is everytime i have a PA play set up some one always gets threw my line and sacks me or when i don't get sacked my WR or TE drops the ball as they get hit happens about 80% of the time

Could be the team/difficulty. My offense is predicated on the PA, and I think my TE was getting about a ¼ of my catches. With few (if any) drops.

Seems likely CQ has the answer. I use ALOT of PA passes, most recently using UL Monroe, who I've transeferred into the SEC in an attempt to get the "What Competition?" achievement. I just managed to pull a miracle upset over the South Carolina Game****s, with about half my passes being play actions. Times I got sacked? Zero. Couple of times I had to throw it out earlier than I wanted, but thankfully none were picked. This was done on All-American, for the record.

My only quip is, again, the AI sucks on running plays. It just doesn't try all that hard, and seeing them break 100 yards rushing is a rarity.

Honestly, I haven't seen too many issues that slack listed above. Yeah, a few games get insane, but to me that's college football. But the unbelievable pass rush no matter what? Hardly. If they bring alot of guys, then yeah, but if you're good you'll find one of the guys who has been left wide open over the middle.

As for the CPU scoring before half in 55 seconds... well, the two minute drill IS hard to stop, just like real life. It can be stopped, you just gotta learn how. Setting your zones to be wider and telling the DBs to just knock down balls tends to force them to try and check it down underneath, which is a huge help.

Having never played a different NCAA game on the 360, I must say I love thise game. Easily the best football game I've bought in ages.

It's a really small thing but I don't like how you, as a coach, are no longer all that important in the game. I use to love to create my own coach in a dynasty and go forward with the main focus being on me as a coach.

Now, I know you can go in and edit things after you're already in the dynasty... But you're coaches name doesnt' show up anywhere but there. Just kind of a slight boo.

they basically half-assed the game for making Madden 10 a better game.... come on EA. I mean yea they've added some marching bands in the game and road to glory presentations but its essentially the same game as last year. there are SOME AI improvements but even so I have a balanced 5* QB who's basically Tim Tebow on Steroids and when I run the outside linebackes just stay in the QB contain. they don't actually go after the QB.

Archived