Madden 10

mjdgoldeneye

Figured I'd post this here rather than start a new topic.

Alright, I just broke down and traded in my old Playstation 2 and got a Playstation 3 with Madden NFL 10. The first thing I'm wondering is how to get roster updates. I never did online with my PS2 so I'm a little lost there.

Also, does anyone have any tips on the safety and care of my new PS3?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For updated rosters:

Go to the Online option on the main menu and start an online quick game.

When you get to the screen where you pick the teams, it will say you don't have the latest rosters, and in order to continue, you must download the new ones.

It will save the latest rosters (automatically).

Then you can back out without actually playing the online game.

As for safety/care:

Make sure it doesn't collect dust and keep it ventilated?

For updated rosters:

Go to the Online option on the main menu and start an online quick game.

When you get to the screen where you pick the teams, it will say you don't have the latest rosters, and in order to continue, you must download the new ones.

It will save the latest rosters (automatically).

Then you can back out without actually playing the online game.

As for safety/care:

Make sure it doesn't collect dust and keep it ventilated?

Thanks for that! I honestly didn't have to do squat with my PS2 as far as care goes. It got dust on it and it just kept chugging along for years and years. it was still working when I turned it in and I got it somewhere around when the PS2 first came out.

It talks about unplugging when not using it for long periods of time but it doesn't say how long is a long period of time. Would it be best that I unplug it before I go to work, etc?

Here's an annoying bug I just ran into:

I'm using an NCAA draft class, and I traded up during the draft, and acquired Taylor Mays.

When it came to the point in the off season to sign rookies, when I hit the A button over Mays, it didn't do anything, so I simmed to see if he'd sign with me...

Well, he signed with another random team for 310k (before I had a chance to sign him), and in order to get him, I'd have to trade away this season's 1st round pick... Which is annoying, because I traded my other SS in order to get Mays in the first place.

Anybody run into this?

Here's an annoying bug I just ran into:

I'm using an NCAA draft class, and I traded up during the draft, and acquired Taylor Mays.

When it came to the point in the off season to sign rookies, when I hit the A button over Mays, it didn't do anything, so I simmed to see if he'd sign with me...

Well, he signed with another random team for 310k (before I had a chance to sign him), and in order to get him, I'd have to trade away this season's 1st round pick... Which is annoying, because I traded my other SS in order to get Mays in the first place.

Anybody run into this?

Yeah I've had this happen to me a couple of times and it is as annoying as hell and makes no sense at all.

I think this is hapening because the player "A" doesn't like the team or "B" its a glitch that needs to be fixed and yes its happened to me too when trying to sign Tebow to the 9ners

From what I've read on the Madden boards, It's a glitch. Seemingly, while it never has happened to me, it's pretty prevelant. Mostly with first round picks and such.

Is it just me, Or does Madden 10 look like a piece of crap, kinda, after all of these glitches, lack of development, and missing features continue to creep up?

From what I've read on the Madden boards, It's a glitch. Seemingly, while it never has happened to me, it's pretty prevelant. Mostly with first round picks and such.

Is it just me, Or does Madden 10 look like a piece of crap, kinda, after all of these glitches, lack of development, and missing features continue to creep up?

I'll just say I'm very glad I decided to to finally try NCAA this year... Madden is still kind of fun, but NCAA is definitely the superior game.

Archived