Promos not up to high standards.

I'm playing Carlito's 1997 mod (verison 2) and for some reason, whenever I have Scott Hall cut a promo (even if its just by himself), the segment will get a D rating even though his Entertainment skills are way higher than that. This has happened on a consistent basis.

Anyone know what the problem could be? :confused:

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TNAfan123" data-cite="TNAfan123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>he is drunk most likely</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the problem. Check out the performers personal stats. You'll see a complete flip flop of the segment grade if you change it to zeros across the board.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greg McNeish" data-cite="Greg McNeish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jake 'The Snake' Roberts pulls D segments for me, when he's got Gene Okerlund helping him, and talking about people with at least C+ Popularity.<p> </p><p> Oh, alcohol; You truly are a cruel mistress.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have the same problem. . . he regularly pulls an E+ in promos against Hulk freakin Hogan in the 1992 mod for me.</p>

Yeah but while alcoholism is bad and Hall's and Roberts levels of it are high they didn't always or generally didn't effect their performances. The way Alcoholism is rigged now is that you can't do anything about it as it doesn't show up in drugs tests or creates incidents where you can do anything about it, while at the same time having a degrading effect 100 percent of the time. I am not sure if this is true of low levels so maybe set him on that.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah but while alcoholism is bad and Hall's and Roberts levels of it are high they didn't always or generally didn't effect their performances.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say not showing up at all for an event you're scheduled to be on, would affect a worker's performances. I don't think there's an easy way to program 'fairly high chance of no-showing due to an all night bender'. Or, 'caught by the police in a car with the person you hate onscreen, with cocaine and weed in plain sight'. Perhaps more palatable to have workers take invisible hits to their stats due to their 'personal demons'.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah but while alcoholism is bad and Hall's and Roberts levels of it are high they didn't always or generally didn't effect their performances. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WCW had him in a storyline about him being drunk all the time.</p><p> </p><p> I'd take it that alcoholism have an affect on match ratings aswell? I havernt really taken much notice of it.</p>

<p>The no show effect and the higher risk of police stuff are fine but it screwing with every performance if they do arrive and the fact that as a booker at this time you can't do anything about it and it effects matches less (if at all) then promos is kinda weird atm.</p><p> </p><p>

And yeah I remember the storyline but if you watch him during that period it didn't effect his matches or promos (much).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say not showing up at all for an event you're scheduled to be on, would affect a worker's performances. I don't think there's an easy way to program 'fairly high chance of no-showing due to an all night bender'. Or, 'caught by the police in a car with the person you hate onscreen, with cocaine and weed in plain sight'. Perhaps more palatable to have workers take invisible hits to their stats due to their 'personal demons'.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> /nod..</p><p> </p><p> Also, when simming Tommy's mod, we found something interesting. It appeares if you have a worker with mid levels on many different personal problems, that the seemed to compound... meaning more of a chance of something happening bad, the more different personal problems they had. Best example I can give is if Worker "A" has 20% in three different things, they are more likely to suffer a problem with one of them, then someone that has 40% in one area. Kind of like the game does a check for A, then for B, then for C. Which to me makes sense... However, we tend to think of things going like:</p><p> Game checks if there is a problem</p><p> No problem move on (OR) Problem found, Check if A, check if B, etc.</p><p> </p><p> However, it seems to me more like </p><p> Game checks for A, then</p><p> Game checks for B, </p><p> Game checks for C</p><p> </p><p> I have no idea if this is true, or even close (either way). I am going by eyeballing sims, and this seems to be the way the game decides... NOTE that checking for each problem gives a worker an increased chance of something happening per each problem they have.</p>

Yeah, this is the only stat I have a major problem with. Raven, as we all know, is a heavy drinker but his promo's are consistently gold. Same with Hall and Roberts. I believe the drink stat should not be linked to a constant destruction of rating but instead link to how regularly a worker may drink whilst at work which would then lead to lower ratings AND personal choices.

E.g. Raven turned up tonight drunk which heavily effect his segments. He then proceeded to throw up in the locker room. (options would then be the same as a backstage prank/drugs)

<p>This is interesting because I'm playing the same mod and I have the same exact issues with Scott Hall, Shawn Michaels and Syxx. That damn kliq was dragging my promotion to the dirt! Luckily Nash is a cool guy and doesn't cause near the amount of problems Hall and the rest do. So I have since fired Hall and Syxx and HBK got his neck broken by Taz so he's out for another 9 or 10 months anyway.</p><p> </p><p>

So am I to understand that if I were to edit these guys to give them no issues with drinking/drugs then their performance, whether it be matches or promo work will improve?</p>

Haha, in my D.O.T.T. game (though ive edited the database significantly) ive given Flair a drinking problem and his performances in MACW are suffering (interviews and such) because of it...he is still my champ though, and GCW has also picked him up and made him their champ as well, some interesting stuff. A drunk flair better than most other people in the industry though probably haha

Bah. TEW is flawed when it comes to intoxicating substances effecting job performances. Just look at Shawn Michaels. He cut his best promos when he was coced out of his mind. Hell, Hall and Waltman were either drunk or high for the most parts of their careers. A lot of people during the boom period in the 90s used amphetamines because of the grueling schedule they had to endure.

Archived