(Download) 1999 Mod

I dont really have time to lend much of a hand myself. I did have time to glance over the data and it looks really good, though I feel some of the rosters are a little light.

Another fantastic site for title histories is titlehistories.com, run by EWB alum Adam Fenwick.

Keep up the great work!

~PhreaK

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Road Dogg seems to be missing from the WWF, and I can't find under any other alias that I can think of...

Also, Gillberg (Duane Gill) should be in the WWF, as he was the Light Heavyweight champion at the time (not that anyone cared about the title at the time...).

Kendall Windham left wrestling in late 1999 after losing the tag titles and getting released from WCW. I could add him but honestly until now I didn't think anybody would even care/notice. I'll add him though.

Gillberg slipped my mind for said reasons. He was inactive for months. Consider him added too.

Road Dogg is in under B.G. James.

If anybody could throw out some more from the rosters I'll add them. WCW and ECW are pretty much complete (I think they are both fairly spot on), but I didn't start watching the WWF consistently until WCW REALLY started to go downhill with Russo, so like Gillberg I might be missing some people.

Thanks and I'll keep you guys updated.

Kendall Windham left wrestling in late 1999 after losing the tag titles and getting released from WCW. I could add him but honestly until now I didn't think anybody would even care/notice. I'll add him though.

Gillberg slipped my mind for said reasons. He was inactive for months. Consider him added too.

Road Dogg is in under B.G. James.

If anybody could throw out some more from the rosters I'll add them. WCW and ECW are pretty much complete (I think they are both fairly spot on), but I didn't start watching the WWF consistently until WCW REALLY started to go downhill with Russo, so like Gillberg I might be missing some people.

Thanks and I'll keep you guys updated.

Yeah, Road Dogg was my bad, I accidentally made corrections to the wrong database (2001, I guess, and that would explain why he wasn't in the WWF).

In terms of title histories, I've already corrected the AJPW Triple Crown history, from WCW I've done the Tag, World and Cruiser titles and plan on doing the WWF and rest of WCW titles tonight if I can. Maybe I'll finish AJPW, NJPW and ECW by tomorrow...

BTW, Russo booking and hotshoting the belts around constantly is really annoying when filling in the title histories. I'm very thankful for the looong title reigns of 70s and 80s...

BTW, I don't think Kendall is such a crucial addition, I doubt anyone will miss him and for the sake of title histories (I think he only appears in that WCW Tag title reign anyway) he is not critical. Add him if you like, but not necessary.

Also, as someone mentioned, Jarrett left the WWF in mid-October. However he was still the Intercontinental champion in the beginning of the month and didn't lose until the October 16th to Chyna, so I think he should be in the WWF and have his contract with one month remaining. His bad relations with Vince will guarantee him being kicked out, though not that sure whether WCW will pick him up or not... Tough call...

It has a good majority of them, yes, and I plan on adding more every update. That was a major importance to me when updating the files, to include a lot of new workers.

As for the Jarrett thing, if that's what people want I'll definitely put him in with a strong dislike with Vince and a strong friendship with Russo, in addition to a one month contract.

EDIT: And thanks for the title histories kp86. I'll of course give you credit in the update.

Another thing, The Fabulous Moolah is missing and she did win the WWF Womens title a few weeks after this mod is set to start, I imported her from the 2002 data for the sake of title histories but she should probably be added along with Mae Young.

On progress note, WWF is completely done, WCW is only missing the TV and US titles partially. One question though, should I do the history for the Royal Rumble as a tournament title or just leave it out? And also should I add the NJPW and AJPW tournament titles (e.g. Real World Tag League, Champion Carnival, G1 Climax, Best of Super Juniors etc.)?

Another thing, The Fabulous Moolah is missing and she did win the WWF Womens title a few weeks after this mod is set to start, I imported her from the 2002 data for the sake of title histories but she should probably be added along with Mae Young.

On progress note, WWF is completely done, WCW is only missing the TV and US titles partially. One question though, should I do the history for the Royal Rumble as a tournament title or just leave it out? And also should I add the NJPW and AJPW tournament titles (e.g. Real World Tag League, Champion Carnival, G1 Climax, Best of Super Juniors etc.)?

Edit, Prince Iaukea seems to be missing also, or he is under an alias I don't recognize.

And it seems to be getting way too late because I didn't mean to quote myself...

Price Iaukea is in under Mike Haynor, or something spelled of that sort.

Mae Young I never really considered adding due to her useless stuff, but I suppose I'll add both her and Moolah to the WWF.

Any histories you have would be great, of course I could use wikipedia to do all of them but I didn't think their was a "market" for them. Since people do indeed want them in, I grealty appreciate the help, and because of kp86's title histories the next update will be much more complete.

I'd like to thank everybody for the help, especially kp86 as mentioned and wilts.

I have almost finished the American Big Three (ECW, WWF, WCW) and am now working on the major Japanese companies (AJPW, NJPW) which will most likely be done by the end of today.

Edit: OK, I've complete all title histories for WWF, WCW and ECW and am now working on Japan. The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles seem to missing from the data so I've took the liberty of adding as a low-level tag title for Lightweights just for the sake of title histories, you may of course edit the belts in properly yourself.

As far as title histories go for WWF, I personally like to see the Royal Rumble in there, but completely understand when it is left out.

As for Mae Young and Moolah, I know for the sake of realism they should be there, but really? With the game mechanics they are going to retire in the first month anyway and that point they will become even more useless (if that is possible). If they would add something to the game then I would say add them, but they won't, they will just be clutter. And on that point, I would remove all the workers that are deceased. I know there aren't a lot, but I did notice a couple.

I am really enjoying this mod, so thanks for all the hard work.

Also, I might be wrong, but reading up on Wikipedia it seems that the Undertaker should be injured at this time. I will try and find where I read it.

Finally, with Shawn Michaels, not sure exactly what to do, maybe give him a long term injury where he is able to participate in angles or something. Again, this is just preference though.

OK, NJPW and AJPW are done, including the tournament titles (for AJPW; Champion's Carnival, Real World Tag League, for NJPW; Best of the Super Juniors, G1 Climax and the G1 Climax Tag League). Only the incredibly lenghty AJPW All Asian Tag Championship lineage is still in the 'to do' -pile but I think it can wait, as the titles are not that important compared to the others.

On that note, should I send you the title lineages and title files, as I have edited the titles (ie. adding the tournament titles) or how should I proceed. This is the first time I'm modding something for someone else so I need some info.

The US and Canadian indies as well as Mexico are next to be done at some point but I think most players don't really even play others than ECW, WCW and WWF. Also the dreadfully long All Asian Tag title lineage will be done later, right now just thinking about adding a lineage stretching back to '76 with plenty of short reigns is too much for me to bear, at least I can comfort myself with thought that I don't have to add all those damn reigns before the belts came to AJPW all the way from 1955..

Now that I have finally had a chance to look at the date in the game as well, I have a few things to note regarding the WCW and WWF.

Firstly the rankings place WCW as the #1 promotion, putting WWF in second place. By October 1999, I think it was pretty clear that WCW were nowhere near the #1 spot anymore.

In WCW, some workers overness should probably be checked. It is mostly very good and accurate but I'm gonna list some people on the roster who I think should have a lower or higher overness.

Lower overness; Meng , The Barbarian, The Villanos, Brad Armstrong

Higher: Shane Douglas (maybe)

Otherwise WCW seems quite spot on in terms of the roster.

And the WWF...

Higher overness: Test (involved in a huge storyline with Triple H & Stephanie McMahon (who BTW is not in the WWF, nor is Shane) (it seems he is set at 0% overness, which might be a mistake...)

Lower: Mosh (autopushed as upper midcard!), or maybe it has something to do with the amount of guys on the WWF roster, I don't know.

Oh, and Michael Cole need a serious boost to his announcing skills. I know he's not that good but definately not an E+, maybe a C?

Undertaker wasn't actually injured, just was beat up to the point he needed some time off, but if I remember correctly he injured himself while working out. I'll give him an injury though for realism. I'll also give Shawn a back injury that allows him to be in angles.

I'll edit said overness for the people and raise Cole's announcing (Even though he was REALLY awful in 1999 ;) ). Steph and Shane were added but I think that might have been after I updated the data so I can understand the error report though.

Just send me the titles and title histories files, assuming you didn't delete any of the titles I added in there (Which I doubt you did anyway). Thanks guys. :)

I'll edit said overness for the people and raise Cole's announcing (Even though he was REALLY awful in 1999 ;) ). Steph and Shane were added but I think that might have been after I updated the data so I can understand the error report though.

Files sent.

And Cole may have been quite bad, I know, but he's no Mark Madden or Steve McMichael, them guys were atrocious.

taz was still in ecw at this time. he was heading to vince but was still in ecw as he was on the november to remember pay per view putting over rvd so i would put him in ecw still just on a shot contract till december

That's true, but Taz signing was a big deal at the time, and in game WWE wouldn't hire him because of his overness.

Taz actually signed in September but he didn't come into the WWF until January. So people here agreed it would make more sense to put him in WWE.

Archived