Police Issue an Official Statement on Jeff Hardy's Arrest by Nick Paglino

darthsiddus2

eptember 11, 2009

Sheriff Lane Carter reports the arrest of an individual on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills, and possession of anabolic steroids. Sheriff Carter reported a joint investigation conducted by officers from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, Moore County Sheriff’s Office Select Enforcement Unit, and Fayetteville Police Department led to the arrest.

Officers executed a search warrant at a residence located at [----Adress Deleted--] near Cameron, North Carolina. During the search officers located and seized approximately 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills (Soma’s are non-controlled prescription pills), 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and items of drug paraphernalia. Vicodin and anabolic steroids are included in Schedule III within the North Carolina Controlled Substances Act. The estimated street value of the drugs seized is $2,500.00.

Arrested was:

Jeffrey Nero Hardy - 32 years of age Cameron, North Carolina

Jeffrey Nero Hardy was arrested on September 11, 2009 and charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Jeffrey Nero Hardy received a $125,000.00 secured bond and was placed in the Moore County Detention Center.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So much for us only knowing "just what the news sites are throwing out" like somebody said in the other thread. It's good to be skeptical of what the media reports, but this isn't the media, it's the police. They don't have a story to sell, I doubt they're lying or exaggerating.

tut tut tut, if I'm perfectly honest, I'm not surprised, but I'm very dissapointed. If anything, I don't really care.

I've had enough of caring for Jeff Hardy, somebody who has been lavished with opportunity and then wastes it away.

I'm fed up of caring for someing who keeps on trying to convince me he is trying to change, but keeps on screwing up.

From now on, I just don't care what happes to Jeff Hardy, what I'm more worried about, is Matt Hardy postin $125000 bail. DAMN. I'd be well pissed-off at Jeff.

tut tut tut, if I'm perfectly honest, I'm not surprised, but I'm very dissapointed. If anything, I don't really care.

I've had enough of caring for Jeff Hardy, somebody who has been lavished with opportunity and then wastes it away.

I'm fed up of caring for someing who keeps on trying to convince me he is trying to change, but keeps on screwing up.

From now on, I just don't care what happes to Jeff Hardy, what I'm more worried about, is Matt Hardy postin $125000 bail. DAMN. I'd be well pissed-off at Jeff.

On a human level, I'll still care. Just how I was made. But I tell you what, Brother Orange. You sum up quite well here why I could never believe in the whole Hardy/Punk feud. Punk was shooting fish in a barrel picking on Jeff.

Yeah you pay ten percent if you get a bailsman but you have to put like a house or a car or some kind of property. That way if he doesn't go to court when its his date the bailsman keeps the money and the property.

Oh and then someone calls Dog The Bounty Hunter.... and Jeff goes to jail.

Matt would also be responsible for helping them find Jeff. Obviously I don't know Jeff personally, but from what I do know, I would never take on the responsibility of posting bail for him.

But it's entirely possible Jeff and/or Matt have the money to post the full bail themselves. You get it all back when you show up in court if you do that, whereas you don't get the 10% back if you use a bondsman.

On a human level, I'll still care. Just how I was made. But I tell you what, Brother Orange. You sum up quite well here why I could never believe in the whole Hardy/Punk feud. Punk was shooting fish in a barrel picking on Jeff.

Off-topic, but why couldn't you believe a feud that was both well-done and completely rooted in reality? It's up there with whining about HBK/Jericho from last year, in that it's been the best feud of the year, easily.

Because $125,000 is a lot of money to you. I'm fairly certain that's not the case for either Matt or Jeff (especially not Jeff). WWE compensates their workers extremely well (even when they don't use them). Remember what Punk said when he first signed with WWE when people asked him if he was afraid they'd misuse him like Shannon Moore ("Then I'll go buy me a brand new Hummer like Shannon did"). When you consider the fact that Lance Storm is still getting checks from WWE (and he was never a main event star/world champion/poster boy), you have to think Jeff and Matt are doing okay financially.

But it's entirely possible Jeff and/or Matt have the money to post the full bail themselves. You get it all back when you show up in court if you do that, whereas you don't get the 10% back if you use a bondsman.

I'd say it's probable they both have more than enough to handle such a low bail amount (and yes, it's low. I know of people who have had bail set at more than 3x that amount, for lesser offenses).

And honestly, I can't salt Jeff for possession. I probably have as much, if not more, pills than he was busted for in my house right now (I don't believe in pain meds so I still have prescribed meds from the last millennium in my house). Vicodin, Percocet, Percodan, Tylox, Codeine, prilocaine, prescription strength naproxen, etc. Also, the definition of 'drug paraphernalia' is so specious in many jurisdictions that it defies reason. I have several custom made hookah setups on display in my house. Do I use them? No. But I've had them made when traveling through the Middle East (it's a bit more unique than a rug or some other tourist trap item). In some jurisdictions, that's drug paraphernalia (despite the fact that they're obviously ART pieces). There are places in the US where legal tender rolled a certain way can be called 'drug paraphernalia' (women's compacts too). If that's the case, you might as well call broken wheelchairs 'bomb making materials' since MacGuyver once used the pieces of one to blow out a safe door.

I'm not saying Jeff isn't wrong. What I am saying is that things are not always what they seem, even when they come from "official" sources. Laws in different places can differ wildly (like interracial relationships being illegal in the state of Louisiana until 1998 or so) as some parts of the country haven't left the Nancy Reagan era of drug policy.

What I want to know is why they are trying to charge him for intent to sell when he has millions of dallors and only had 2,500 dallors worth of drugs at his house. That is like his daily spending money to him.

My guess is that he was going to transport it, not sell it. The way it reads, it wasn't intended for himself. "Oh, Don't worry, I can get you that dude!"

I'm with Remi though, there is alot of folks (especially elderly) that has that and more in their medicine cabinet. Think about it this way. There are a ton of people that take pain and other medications (to include forms of steriods) several times a day. I'm talking around 6 to 8 different pills each time.

262 Vicodin prescription pills,
262 pills, but if you read it wrong, looks like prescriptions. 262 is only three prescriptions (or partials). This could actually be Hardy just not taking every pill from every bottle (saving for later). How many people have done that? I know I have. This is just getting the prescriptions he probably was prescribed, and not taking them all. My guess anyways.
180 Soma prescription pills (Soma’s are non-controlled prescription pills),
This one gets me a little... Why is this even a problem? It's a muscle relaxer used to help with injuries, etc. Something I would expect him to have... and again, is 180 pills that much? Or is it that he just didn't use them all. More to me looks like he isn't taking his medicine, unless he feels he really needs it.
555 milliliters of anabolic steroids,
Uh oh, the steriod issue again: "Anabolic steroids help to rebuild tissues that have become weak because of serious injury or illness." They didn't say if they were prescriptions or not. IF So, then no real problem again. If not, Tisk/tisk on Jeff, as he knows better by not.
a residual amount of powder cocaine, and items of drug paraphernalia.
This is what I would be concerning myself with more then anything. Cocaine? At least it's not crack, then he would have seen that bigger bail amount, lol.
Vicodin and anabolic steroids are included in Schedule III within the North Carolina Controlled Substances Act.
Let's put this in it's place right now... First off there are two Schedule's (I and II), that are much worse to be found. Schedule I has no medical use (worthwhile), very easy to get hooked on, Schedule II has exceptable medical usage under strict rules, because of being able to be addictive. Read for yourself about Schedule III.

Schedule III.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.

(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

© Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence." (*)

These drugs are available only by prescription, though control of wholesale distribution is somewhat less stringent than Schedule II drugs. Prescriptions for Schedule III drugs may be refilled up to five times within a six month period.

While reading it, it really didn't sound that bad to me, and the bail is pretty low... especially for a semi-celebrity. The Cocain found is more a problem then anything for me... but then again, it depends on what and where they found it *how much. IF it wasn't anymore then you can find on many US bills (yes, there has been quite a bit of coke powder found on money), then I wouldn't even try to put it on Jeff. It's all circumstancial to me right now. All I know is the charges, without knowledge if there were prescriptions for Jeff, I don't know where the powder was found, and I don't know what the use of the steroids were for... Pain pills, we all know what the Pain and Muscle relaxer's were for.

I've had more then him in my medicine cabinet on a few different occasions, and it was all totally legal.

My question is, who tipped the police off? I mean, a lot of wrestlers, heck, REGULAR CITIZENS (though also many don't), have a lot of drugs in their medicine cabinet. It must been a serious tip off, because a lot of other wrestlers are likely to have a lot of those as well.

A lot of regular citizens have cocaine in their medicine cabinet?

Anyway, I may be wrong on this but I believe if you have possession of more than X amount of drug Y it automatically qualifies for "intent to sell" where X varies depending on what drug Y represents. I could be wrong on that. I'm not an expert on drugs by any means, and I only stayed in a Motel 8 last night. :(

A lot of regular citizens have cocaine in their medicine cabinet?

Anyway, I may be wrong on this but I believe if you have possession of more than X amount of drug Y it automatically qualifies for "intent to sell" where X varies depending on what drug Y represents. I could be wrong on that. I'm not an expert on drugs by any means, and I only stayed in a Motel 8 last night. :(

Yeah you're getting it pretty much right. Intent to sell depends on the actual amount on the premesis/persons.

As for lots of regular citizens having cocaine in their medicine cabinet? No. Lots of regular citizens taking cocaine in general? I'd say so, yes.

As for Hardy, I still say tsk. The man will have to take the consequences, maybe this will shake him up a bit.

Off-topic, but why couldn't you believe a feud that was both well-done and completely rooted in reality?

Because Jeff just doesn't seem credible as the downtrodden, put-upon face. I'l agree he did the best he could with it and that I'm in a very distinct minority. But WAAAAAH, Punk is picking on the poor widdle cult figure who gets every chance in the world and who's made his own bed for years now.

:: plays air violin::

Feeeeeeeeelings

Nothing more than

feeeeeeeeeeelings

Give me a break

-- New information has come out regarding Jeff Hardy's Friday arrest for drug trafficking, specifically, what led police to search his home in the first place. According to North Carolina's fayobserver, Chief Deputy Neil Godfry of the Moore County Sheriff's Office says that the Fayetteville Police Department actually received a tip several days ago that Jeff Hardy was in possession of a large quantity of drugs. That tip led to an investigation and subsequently, a search warrant.

-- Lance Storm posted a message on his website (stormwrestling.com) on Friday reflecting on September 11, 2001 as well as Jeff Hardy's arrest. Storm says he believes police charged Jeff with drug trafficking simply because of the large quantity of drugs found, not because he was actually a drug dealer. Storm said:

"I think having your own personal drug problems (no matter how severe) and being a drug trafficker are two completely different things. If the quantities of drugs, reportedly found in Jeff’s possession, are accurate then we have to assume he has a very serious drug problem, and that, even more so than his pending legal woes, is my biggest concern.

When Jeff was suspended from WWE the last time, for a Wellness violation, and then shortly there after lost his house and dog in a fire my heart went out to him. I think a lot of people (myself included) thought and hoped that was a turning point for Jeff and he had gotten his life in order since. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case."

Several current WWE stars have posted thoughts on Jeff Hardy's arrest on Twitter. Below are comments:

Chavo Guerrero: "Hey guys, just heard about jeff Hardy. Don't know details yet but i want to give my support. Jeff is a classy person and also have his back!"

Chris Jericho: "Don't think of judging Jeff Hardy until you've walked a mile in his shoes. I will always have Jeffs back..."

Matt Hardy: "Thanks for the support on SD tonight-I know I'm not 100% yet, but I promise you I'll get there. And remember, innocent until proven guilty... It's been a long, stressful day for me.. But, everything will be ok.. Guaranteed. Like Public Enemy said "Don't Believe The Hype!"

Yeap.

This guy's a looser (much like several of my personal family members)...

Even, if he wasnt selling the stuff, he had the stuff. I cant stand people that continue to throw their life away. He chooses to have these vices. The WWE has offered rehab to him... Yet, he'd rather just be a constant F^(K up.

It irritates me also that people seem to defend him, with the dont believe the hype... You cant have hype here, without a seed of truth...

Because Jeff just doesn't seem credible as the downtrodden, put-upon face.

Really? Who's better? I'd say his ability to do this is what makes him so special. People will cheer him no matter what, always have. He doesn't need to look invincible, so the way he's been booked throughout his career has been much more interesting (and beneficial for those around him) than pretty much any other top guy.

This guy's a looser (much like several of my personal family members)...

Even, if he wasnt selling the stuff, he had the stuff. I cant stand people that continue to throw their life away. He chooses to have these vices. The WWE has offered rehab to him... Yet, he'd rather just be a constant F^(K up.

Wow, at a guess, you've got a massive grudge against drug users. You allude to someone in your family having a drug problem... and whether that be alcohol, crack, heroin, whatever, i'm assuming they've wronged you at some point, and since then you've gone all self-righteous.

People don't use drugs because they go "oh hey, i'm gonna be a f*ck up in life!". That's not how it works and if you really think it's that simple, i pity you. Everyone has their own personal reason, but it's usually something to do with having an escape, a way out. Something to block the pain out. And again, everyone has their own kind of pain.

Of course, you boil it down to much more simpler than that, and just think "problems? pffft, he's not as wonderful as me! He can just walk it off!". I don't know what your family member did, but try and see it from their side as well eh? And if they are/were an absolute tosser, doesn't mean all drug users/abusers are.

I don't personally know Jeff Hardy, so i can't knowingly comment on him, but i have no doubt that he has his reasons. Would he be better off without them? Most probably. Is it as easy at clicking your fingers to get to being clean? No. And it really bothers me that so many people don't understand that.

Really? Who's better? I'd say his ability to do this is what makes him so special. People will cheer him no matter what, always have.

Trick question, dude. It's not a matter of "well who's better" with me. It's a matter of the last sentence here. People have always loved him and he'll always get all these shots because the people love him. So how can he be downtrodden and put-upon when that cult following will get him all the chances a more reliable sort can only dream of?

Personally, he strikes me as that kid in the neighborhood that was something of a embarassment trying so hard to get people to love him. But yet you just had to put up with him in order to hang out with his much cooler brother. It's not something arguable or rational with me. It's visceral. I don't relate to Jeff's persona in a positive way at all. I never have. As a wrestler, I can't deny he's a really good high flyer and his fireworks do bring a dash of spice to the table. And there's definitely a place for that in wrestling. But I'm sorry. As long as he gets hand-held because of his following, I'll never be able to rally around him. Every time I see Jeff get a title shot or a main-line feud a la Punk it just makes me sad that it can't be the guy I really like. His brother Matt.

Wow, at a guess, you've got a massive grudge against drug users. You allude to someone in your family having a drug problem... and whether that be alcohol, crack, heroin, whatever, i'm assuming they've wronged you at some point, and since then you've gone all self-righteous.

People don't use drugs because they go "oh hey, i'm gonna be a f*ck up in life!". That's not how it works and if you really think it's that simple, i pity you. Everyone has their own personal reason, but it's usually something to do with having an escape, a way out. Something to block the pain out. And again, everyone has their own kind of pain.

Of course, you boil it down to much more simpler than that, and just think "problems? pffft, he's not as wonderful as me! He can just walk it off!". I don't know what your family member did, but try and see it from their side as well eh? And if they are/were an absolute tosser, doesn't mean all drug users/abusers are.

I don't personally know Jeff Hardy, so i can't knowingly comment on him, but i have no doubt that he has his reasons. Would he be better off without them? Most probably. Is it as easy at clicking your fingers to get to being clean? No. And it really bothers me that so many people don't understand that.

Hey, I get what you are saying at, and I may not know Jeff Hardy's problems, but some people out there have worse problems.

If he had enough problems to be drawn into the drug lifestyle, then fine, that happens, it's sad. But if you are earning craploads, and get an offer to be sent to rehab, and turn it down, then really you've got to prioritise.

I don't think I'm better than Jeff Hardy, I know there is some terrible sh*t out there in life, and I know there are many reasons to turn to drugs. But to me, Jeff is doing it for all the wrong reasons, and is too arrogant to try and get on the straight and true.

EDIT: Damn! I forgot I stopped caring!

Pain killers, steroids... that's one thing... Cocaine? That's a whole different thing. He's been a screw up for a long time... This isnt his first run in. He CHOOSES to live this life style. You can call me, self righteous, and pity me, all you want. There's no possible defense that makes it ok, for someone to use drugs. It would be a whole different issue if this was a first time deal for him. People screw up and deserve a second chance, as long as they dont hurt anyone. But, when it happens multiple times and you dont do something about it. Then you're a failure.

Pain killers, steroids... that's one thing... Cocaine? That's a whole different thing. He's been a screw up for a long time... This isnt his first run in. He CHOOSES to live this life style. You can call me, self righteous, and pity me, all you want. There's no possible defense that makes it ok, for someone to use drugs. It would be a whole different issue if this was a first time deal for him. People screw up and deserve a second chance, as long as they dont hurt anyone. But, when it happens multiple times and you dont do something about it. Then you're a failure.

I don't really fancy a huge "rargh drugs" debate right now, especially considering you don't seem like you're the type to ever back down, and i'm incredibly entrenched in my views similarly.

However, i will say that if you think people using cocaine instantly makes them 'failures', then there are an enormous amount of 'failures' these days. Coke is everywhere now, i'd be amazed if you can find many clubs et al that don't have something dodgy going on in the loo's. It's not just 'the posh drug' anymore.

Archived