DOTT - MIDSOUTH (the Watts Way)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good show, but how long were those angles? The length of the angles could probably tell you why you got a C+

the first 3 segments were "dark" (it's the only way I can "squeeze" more into my hour time limit since they want a 20-30 minute main event).

The opening Dibiase segment was 6-8 minutes B-

The JYD-Dibiase video was also 6-8 minutes C+

Kamala vs TRON could have been another B-ish match if they have clicked better. Both can deliver for me on some nights. The angles are hit or miss (same angle is a B one night, C the next)

and you are correct - had it been before the actual matches instead of after it, the rating could have been higher. (C+ angle sandwiched between the B- and B matches could have been all it took to move it down a bit). Just confusing how the computer leagues can get B's and B- ratings with only a single B rated segment (in the main event like I had). Maybe I'll be the best C+ league (unless I can eke out a B- at the Supershow) so I don't get buried in the regional wars. Most of the others playing real world mods are at Cult level (GCW, WWF, AWA, TNA, WWE, etc), so you don't get to experience this heartburn at the end of every month. LOL. But maybe once a few more guys get better known, I'll be ruling the wars at the end and can start looking ahead to them. :D

thanks to everyone for your feedback, your thoughts and comments, and your encouragement. Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas.

the worst part about these cross-country treks, is now I have to drive back. Looks like the weather should hold up until I get back home - just didn't relish crossing any mountains in a foot of snow.

I'll fire up my August supercard once I get back home, so be looking for it somewhere around New years (give or take a day). Thanks for following along!!

Hey Olympia and MDW great to see you back again

I've been away from the forum for a while, so I read some of the past shows so I could catch up. I am wondering, did Dutch Mantell ever get lower on his monetary demands? I hope you can sign him, because I always loved the Dutchman. I actually thought he was highly underrated as a wrestler, and even as an announcer, I swear his work as a commentator in SMW was some of the best I had ever heard, and he was the perfect companion to Bob Caudle. I seem to remember a match on an early TV shows (I believe it was the Fantastics vs. The Heavenly Bodies) And Bob made some remark about how the 'tastics wanted to be champs and Dutch said something along the lines of "well, that's what he wants, but what you want and what you get are often two totally different things...Charlie Manson WANTS out of prison, doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen though!" I used to also love his gimmick of starting to say something, only to have Bob cut him off.

Anyway, how was your Christmas? Mine was awesome, I had a great time, ate, drank (non-alcoholically) and made very merry with my family, which is what Christmas truly is about for me. I am excited because the big present I got for Christmas was a pair of lower balcony seats to WWE Raw on 1/18/10. With me and my Dad going together! It'll be just like old times, I can't wait!

Anyways, I'll get off. This is the only thread I still check, since NWA Beyond the Glory seems to have stalled out.

Be safe, and stay cool

Brian~

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JepMasta" data-cite="JepMasta" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24735" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey Olympia and MDW great to see you back again<p> </p><p> I've been away from the forum for a while, so I read some of the past shows so I could catch up. I am wondering, did Dutch Mantell ever get lower on his monetary demands? I hope you can sign him, because I always loved the Dutchman. I actually thought he was highly underrated as a wrestler, and even as an announcer, I swear his work as a commentator in SMW was some of the best I had ever heard, and he was the perfect companion to Bob Caudle. I seem to remember a match on an early TV shows (I believe it was the Fantastics vs. The Heavenly Bodies) And Bob made some remark about how the 'tastics wanted to be champs and Dutch said something along the lines of "well, that's what he wants, but what you want and what you get are often two totally different things...Charlie Manson WANTS out of prison, doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen though!" I used to also love his gimmick of starting to say something, only to have Bob cut him off.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, how was your Christmas? Mine was awesome, I had a great time, ate, drank (non-alcoholically) and made very merry with my family, which is what Christmas truly is about for me. I am excited because the big present I got for Christmas was a pair of lower balcony seats to WWE Raw on 1/18/10. With me and my Dad going together! It'll be just like old times, I can't wait!</p><p> </p><p> Anyways, I'll get off. This is the only thread I still check, since NWA Beyond the Glory seems to have stalled out.</p><p> </p><p> Be safe, and stay cool</p><p> </p><p> Brian~</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dirty Dutch was actually bery interesting;he may have looked like a typical cowboy type but when he spoke, you could tell he was not your typical cowboy type you saw in wrestling...like Ole he always spoke in a calm,matter of fact manner and didn't act like your typical bad guy....he was more of a free-spirited, "I know I want and whoever I have to go through to get it,I will" type of guy....you could tell he was intelligent and always found a way to make his point in a way which made sense;I'd really like to see him in MSW one day.</p>

I've been away from the forum for a while, so I read some of the past shows so I could catch up. I am wondering, did Dutch Mantell ever get lower on his monetary demands? I hope you can sign him, because I always loved the Dutchman. I actually thought he was highly underrated as a wrestler, and even as an announcer, I swear his work as a commentator in SMW was some of the best I had ever heard, and he was the perfect companion to Bob Caudle. I seem to remember a match on an early TV shows (I believe it was the Fantastics vs. The Heavenly Bodies) And Bob made some remark about how the 'tastics wanted to be champs and Dutch said something along the lines of "well, that's what he wants, but what you want and what you get are often two totally different things...Charlie Manson WANTS out of prison, doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen though!" I used to also love his gimmick of starting to say something, only to have Bob cut him off.

Anyway, how was your Christmas? Mine was awesome, I had a great time, ate, drank (non-alcoholically) and made very merry with my family, which is what Christmas truly is about for me. I am excited because the big present I got for Christmas was a pair of lower balcony seats to WWE Raw on 1/18/10. With me and my Dad going together! It'll be just like old times, I can't wait!

Anyways, I'll get off. This is the only thread I still check, since NWA Beyond the Glory seems to have stalled out.

Be safe, and stay cool

Brian~

DUDE! Christmas was great, glad urs was as well. I'm truly humbled by your words. If this is your "only read" then I need to get things cranked up again very soon. Hope I can deliver to your expectations. Judging from some of the views, I'd say Mid-South has gone from playing in front of nearly empty National Guard Armories to having near capacity crowds....may have to find a bigger venue. haha. I'm going to redouble my efforts to sign Dirty Dutch Mantell just for you. I have a couple contracts due to expire over the next couple months, so I might can find the funds to drop on him.

on to real world news: Enjoy your WWE show!! My dad and I always go to some local independent promotion matches at Christmas (Season's Beatings). We dubbed their Thanksgiving show "Redneck Heaven" but I don't get home too often any more to see those.

I'm sure everyone has seen the news that Dr. Death Steve Williams passed away. Sad to lose so many wrestling stars in the past couple years.

Be safe, and stay cool

Brian~

DUDE! Christmas was great, glad urs was as well. I'm truly humbled by your words. If this is your "only read" then I need to get things cranked up again very soon. Hope I can deliver to your expectations. Judging from some of the views, I'd say Mid-South has gone from playing in front of nearly empty National Guard Armories to having near capacity crowds....may have to find a bigger venue. haha. I'm going to redouble my efforts to sign Dirty Dutch Mantell just for you. I have a couple contracts due to expire over the next couple months, so I might can find the funds to drop on him. He was a fun announcer, good booker, and his matches with Jerry Lawler have to be ranked among the best when it comes to classic brawls.

on to real world news: Enjoy your WWE show!! My dad and I always go to some local independent promotion matches at Christmas (Season's Beatings). We dubbed their Thanksgiving show "Redneck Heaven" but I don't get home too often any more to see those.

I'm sure everyone has seen the news that Dr. Death Steve Williams passed away. Sad to lose so many wrestling stars in the past couple years.

THE AUGUST BLOW_OUT

our monthly supershow comes to you this month from Amarillo Texas where 1882 fans have come to watch some great Mid-South action.

Skandar Akbar kicks things off with a promo hyping the Giant Kamala who is carving a path thru Mid-South and he will not stop until he has championship gold around his waist. "No one can stop my monster Kamala....not Magnum Ta and not even Dick Murdoch. It's all just a matter of which title he wants to set his sights on."

Dr. Death vs Phil Hickerson.

Dibiase did everything in his power to help his body guard, holding his stuffed pig hostage during the match. Hickerson holds Williams - Dibiase loads up his black glove to knock him out - but Doc moves and Ted hits Phil by mistake. Williams pushed Dibiase from the ring apron and picks up Hickerson for the Oklahoma Stampede and the win at 10:08. Dibiase was furious and stomped the pig and kicked it around after the loss. He hollers at poor Phil Hickerson and tells him there are some changes in store for him. "I've already placed a call to a friend of mine who is going to help train you more and make you tougher." Hickerson sulks with his head down...he knows he has let down his boss once again (or maybe he's looking around trying to find where Ted kicked the pig to).

Bill Watts touches base with Steve Williams after the match. "Doc, that was a mighty fine win there - you've got a couple matches on the horizon against guys like Chick Donovan and Brickhouse Brown. But I want you to know that after seeing you defeat the giant Phil Hickerson of the Rat Pack, that I'm putting you in contention for the North American title!!! (Doc is overjoyed at the news). At the September Supershow, it's going to you vs Dick Murdoch, or whoever the champion is at that time. (E+)

Dick Murdoch comes out to hype himself up "I am the North American Champion, the best champion you've ever seen. Tonight, I'm going to prove that when I beat the former champ JYD once again in the center of the ring. Skandar Akbar has been out here running his mouth about how Kamala can beat anyone and not even I can stop him. The Bill Watts tells Dr Death he's the new top contender. Well Akbar, Watts, Williams....after I'm done with JYD just get in line. I'm taking on all contenders. (B)

Rat Pack vs Tiger Conway and Terry Taylor.

Once again Dibiase looks excellent and carries the match. Borne is off his game and seems content to let Ted do his thing. Dibiase catches Tiger in the Cobra Cluth (wonder if Buck Owens can spin that into a song) to get the win. 11:49 -- Rat Pack still look good as a team and are in contention for a rematch for the tag titles at some point.

It's time to find out who the mastermind is behind the Mr. Wrestling II attacks. Mr. Olympia comes out holding up Mr. Wrestling II's mask. He runs down the attack that took place during MWII's retirement ceremony. Jim Cornette wants to make everyone think he was responsible, but he doesn't have the brains for such an operation. Standing right here back stage is the true mastermind....the man who dreamed up the scheme to not just retire Mr. Wrestling II, but to embarrass him and make sure he'd never set foot in Mid-South again.....his brilliant plan put Mid-South on the map!! And now without further delay....he pulls the curtain to reveal none other than JJ Dillion. Dillion gives an evil laugh, and warns the world that Mr. Wrestling II was just the beginning. "Magnum TA you're next!!! Shine up that TV belt boy and get ready to hand it over to us" Mr Olympia holds up the mask he took from Mr. Wrestling II..."this is what it's all about Magnum. Tonight either you get your mentor's mask back, or I become the new TV Champion. Just how big a man are you??" (D)

Texas Death Match for the TV title: Magnum TA vs Mr. Olympia.

Due to their recent parking lot brawls, Bill Watts knows we need extra stipulations to help make sure we finally have a winner...and right here in Amarillo Texas, the birthplace of the Texas Death Match, what better way for these two men to settle things!!!!. It doesn't matter where they go, they can fight in the ring, in the stands, or in the back alley. Anything goes and we will have a winner." WHAT A WAR!!!! These two used everything that wasn't nailed down (you'd think they might be members of the Tennessee basketball team as many weapons as they used - just a little humor on the recent actions of my college team). JJ Dillion made true to his word as he helps Mr. Olympia defeat Magnum - he gives Olympia a branding iron which he uses to knock out TA. Olympia covers and Magnum cannot answer the 10 count. We have a new TV Champion! Excellent match - one of Magnum's best (especially considering the lack of chemistry between these two - C-)

As Magnum is being helped to the back by medical personnel, Mr. Olympia taunts him from the ring. "That's right Magnum, crawl out of here with your tail between your legs like the whipped dog you are. I destroyed your mentor Mr. Wrestling II. He's laying in a hospital bed somewhere in Atlanta. I have his mask right here. You thought you could get it back for him, but it just didn't happen. oh so sorry. HAHAHAHA. You go back and tell your teacher that he didn't teach you squat. You couldn't get the job done." The bloody Magnum tried to go back to the ring, but the officials hold him back. (C-.....Magnum's winning streak storyline had been riddled with D+ matches after another. glad that he was able to close it out with a couple good segments).

Bill Watts reminds us of the stipulations for the next match…..if Iron Sheik defeats Butch Reed, he will get a title shot with a tagteam partner of his choice (D+)

Iron Sheik vs Hacksaw Butch Reed: what a war!! Reed wailed on the Sheik and Bill Watts cheered him from the announce table with Jim Ross. They were joined by Hangman Bobby Jaggers who took turns putting over and putting down each man….pointing out each's strong and weak points. Reed looked to be getting the best of Iron Sheik until an errant shot knocked down the referee. At that point, Skandar Akbar distracted Reed and grabbed his foot, and pulled him from the ring. Reed wailed on Akbar, but then he was caught from behind by Giant Kamala. Sheik nailed him the back with one of his clubs and Reed went down hard. Then Kamala delivers the Ugandan Splash on Reed on the concrete floor. They roll him back in the ring and revive the referee. Iron Sheik applied the Camel Clutch - Reed is not a man to submit, but he was out cold. The ref raised his hand 3 times and it dropped 3 times. Iron Sheik was announced as the winner and Bill Watts called it highway robbery (C+)

JYD comes down to help Reed - he tells Sheik to laugh it now…and go get your big nasty Russian partner….bring him to Oklahoma tommorrow night and get your title shot. Sheik and Akbar continue to laugh it up and point to the injured Reed. Will Hacksaw be in any shape to defend the titles against Shiek and Volkolff? C-

JYD vs Dick Murdoch: 29:59, Murdoch wins with the Texas Brainbuster. It was a good match, but JYD was obviously distracted and had to be worried about the condition of his partner was. If you're not 100% against a man like Murdoch, you are going to pay for it. B

final show rating was another C+

that was just good enough to help us finish 8th in the regional wars (out of 9-12 promotions in most territories). I just want to keep building a good base and have to think these regional wars will take care of themselves some day. We end up making approx $53,000 for the month (lowest amount ever, due to lost TV revenues).

Wow, Mid South Wrestling.

I grew up on Houston Wrestling first and foremost and well remember the merger Paul Boesch and Bill Watts had.

I was a huge JYD mark as a high school kid. I was hugely disappointed when he went with Vince.

Add me as a new reader.

welcome aboard Rob!!

MID-SOUTH goes on tour back to the Southeast

Tonight's MAIN EVENT will be a Mid-South Tag team title match

Hacksaw Butch Reed and JYD will defend against The Iron Sheik and Nicolai Vokolff, led by Skandar Akbar. Devastation inc. is in hot pursuit of a title - could this be their night? The other match the local fans are looking forward to is Terry Taylor vs Wild Bill Irwin.

in other news around the world of wrestling, Mid-Atlantic held their Clash of Champions supershow. It was a great success, drawing a .53 rating on closer circuit tv - and high praise from the fans (B rating). In main event, Ric Flair defeats Rowdy Roddy Piper to retain the NWA World Title.

Stay tuned for the results for the SE tour show

801 fans attend our little southern tour show

Things are kicked off by Dr. Death Steve Williams clobbering Chick Donovan. Powerbomb in 7:45. Chick really riled up the fans at ringside with his antics and they were happy to see him get his comeuppance. (E+)

JYD and Butch Reed come out to try and fire up the crowd some - they have their Mid-South Tag titles and say there's no way that Devastation Inc is going to take them away. Iron Sheik, you may won your chance at the titles, but the Big Russian is not going to be able to help you take them away from us. Especially here in the heart of Dixie! (cheap pop, but D+ result)

Terry Taylor vs Wild Bill Irwin

great chemistry between these two, Akbar was very active at ringside - but Taylor pulls out the surprise and gets the pinfall at 15:45. He says he's ready for a title shot - to bring on Murdoch or Olympia (D+)

Mid-South Tag Title match

JYD-Reed vs Sheik & Volkolff:

good match with these 4 going at it. Akbar's team tried to isolate Butch Reed and work him over - it was obvious Butch was still feeling the effects of Kamala's attack and injury from last night. He makes the hot tag to JYD who cleans house and brings the fans to their feet. Dog is throwing that "soupbone" to knock both the Iron Sheik and Volkolff flying. Reed is laying on the ring apron catching his breath. Then Sheik and Volkolff begin to wear down the Dog with doubleteams....the referee tries to hustle Iron Sheik out of the ring - when Butch Reed gets to his feet and charges across the ring...he slams Shiek hard into the turnbuckle and rolls him up. The referee drops to the mat and administers the 3 count. Skandar Akbar's protests that neither were the legal man seemed to fall on deaf ears and JYD and Reed have their hands raised in victory and leave with their titles intact. along the way, Reed improves his technical skills and gets a measure of revenge when he pins Sheik's shoulders to the mat at 30:36. (C rating)

overall rating was D+ which is good enough to raise our popularity here in the SE. The main event could have gotten a much higher rating in our home territory, but I'll take it. we lost some steam in the SE after last month's Regional Wars, so we need some time to rebuild here.

We may hear more about the controversial ending in the main event tag title match this week on TV, so be sure to tune in!

Mid-South TV

Dr. Death Steve Williams dominates Brickhouse Brown, 10:45 powerbomb. Doc really looks ready for his pending showdown against Dick Murdoch (E+)

The cameras take us to a hospital room. From his sick bed, a battered and bandaged Mr. Wrestling II cuts an interview where he graciously thanks the many phone calls and cards he has received in the past few days. He promises his fans that he will make a speedy recovery -- "and even though I am retired from wrestling now, I do still have some friends. You can expect to see some of them come in to get my revenge for me....and to get my mask back."
(C-)

Video to hype the upcoming North American title match - Murdoch vs Reed

Magnum TA vs Kendo Nagasaki: these two have great chemistry, but always had shaky matches in past encounters. Not this time! They have improved their craft and give the tv audience a thrilling match, capped off by Magnum's Belly to Belly Suplex at 10:21. Magnum says that one way or another, he's going to get back his mentor's prized mask. JJ Dillion helped out with the color commentary and did a good job; he and Jim Ross have pretty good chemistry together. Dillion is the mastermind behind the Secret Society. Dillion mocks Magnum over and over as not being able to get the job done when it counted the most. 'He wasn't able to beat Mr. Olympia and get his mentor's mask back. That loss will haunt him for the rest of his life. ©

Akbar and Volkolff demand a rematch for the tag titles. It's clear from the tapes that Reed was not the legal man and neither was Iron Sheik. Volkolff confronts Bill Watts and demands another chance. Watts asks him why he deserves another shot -- "What's in for the fans?" They argue just a bit when Akbar volunteers that they up the ante a little bit. "Not only is the match for the tag titles, but the man who loses the fall will leave the Mid-South area. The fans will flock out to see the last match of their favorite JYD or Butch Reed". Watts quickly agrees to the new stipulation and signs the match. Akbar looks happy but he and Volkolff exchange heated words as they exit the interview area

Mr. Olympia vs Terry Taylor - TV TITLE MATCH. Mr Olympia makes his first title defense against a former TV Champ. The color commentary of partner Buddy Landell gave the match a boost (and it needed it). Olympia toyed with the former champ. Taylor has all the tools, but has not been able to turn out any respectable matches to save his life and not even Olympia can carry him. 9:37 in, Olympia puts Taylor out of his misery - then gloats to the crowd. (D+)

With his back turned, a figured charges out of the shadows and hammers Mr. Olympia!!! He shouts to the crowd "Somebody say summ'n about getting FARRED UP !!???" Wildfire Tommy Rich has come ot Mid-South to get revenge for his long-time friend and ally Mr. Wrestling II. Things are definitly gonna heat up!! (D+)

Dick Murdoch vs Butch Reed - Murdoch puts the North American title on the line against one half of the Tag Team Champions. Despite his injured back and ribs, Reed gave Murdoch quite a battle. He seemed to have the upper hand and was setting the champ up for his specialty when Kamala and Skandar Akbar charged down. Once again they attacked Reed and further injured his back. That made his easy prey for Murdoch who missed what happened outside the ring. He uses the Brainbuster to pin Reed at 20:05 (B)

Murdoch was not happy when he was shown the replay and how Akbar and Kamala had gotten involved. "Listen here raghead, I didn't ask for your help. I don't want your help. I'm getting tired of you coming out here and running down this great country. I'm sick of hearing you run down guys like TRON who are trying to learn the craft. But I will not tolerate any more interference in my matches. If you know what's good for you, you'll keep your nose out of my business"

C+ rated show

WWF shows

Tuesday Night Titans - 5000 watch Andre team with Morales to defeat the Samoans. Backlund gets a win over Iron Sheik

All-Star: Backlund defeats Don Kernodle in a B rated match that carries a B- card (the other 3 segments were D, E, C)

Tommy Wildfire Rich comes to Mid-South.

Dunno if you knew this but Tommy Rich once scored a pinfall victory over Kamala...well, sorta. Akbar interfered and Rich pinned Akbar with the Lou Thesz Press and the referee counted to 3.

Yeah, even sometimes the classic feds did some mind boggling things back in the day.

As always, love the Mid-South Wrestling .... or is it now Rasslin with Wildfire on board?

Not a bad pick with Rich; though he's just now starting to ease into his RL downslide after the epic feud with Buzz Sawyer, he's still definitely salvagable in TEW if he can get his backstage act together and personal demons under control as his classical southern style should work well with MSW's product.

At the same time it is good to see Magnum maturing and a little disappointing to see Taylor lagging.

Magnum always was destined for great things and thankfully in TEW there won't be any horrificly tragic accidents to cut things short on him,it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

As for Taylor I always thought in ring he was good and right now it's hard to believe this is the same guy who marqueed for later era MSW and UWF...maybe it's the wrong opponents or maybe it's bad luck; here's hoping things change and starts maturing for you quickly sometime soon.

Tommy Wildfire Rich comes to Mid-South.

Dunno if you knew this but Tommy Rich once scored a pinfall victory over Kamala...well, sorta. Akbar interfered and Rich pinned Akbar with the Lou Thesz Press and the referee counted to 3.

Yeah, even sometimes the classic feds did some mind boggling things back in the day.

As always, love the Mid-South Wrestling .... or is it now Rasslin with Wildfire on board?

don't remember seeing that match. Have seen endings where the manager is the one who gets pinned - never quite bought into their explanation for why it was allowed.

Glad Rich was well received. Even though he's not a classic MSW alum, he would fit the mold. And he totally fits the storyline as the Mr Rasslin #2 ally (Armstrong turned me down).

At the same time it is good to see Magnum maturing and a little disappointing to see Taylor lagging.

agreed MDW. Both just need to spend some more time honing their craft on the lower/mid card. Seems I can only usually afford 3matches so it has been rough getting everyone time and experience.

Congrats on the Win. for DOTM.... And, I dont think I ever got my vote in (real world taking some of my free time away recently) Anyways hope to see you back churning out some DOTT Mid South action soon...

thanks for the support. AND I REALLY want to get back to cranking out some rasslin action. I have my ideas mapped out to carry me to the December supercard "Christmas on the Bayou" (I think is the name). I like to think it's well thought out with a few twists and turns along the way, but whoever knows. Life in general is taking a toll on me lately, but with a little luck it will all pass on by so I get back in gear and get a few cards finished. I know we all go thru these "rough patches" --- but maybe if we really do get the 10-20 inches of snow and ice this week (and don't lose power), I'll be able to sit down long enough to play again. :D

and good news. I was able to get back on track with a couple cards this weekend. To bring everyone up to speed from where we left off:

Wildfire Tommy Rich has entered the area - he's after Mr. Olympia who stole the mask of his longtime friend Mr. Wrestling II and also won the TV title from MW's protege Magnum TA.

Skandar Akbar has Devastation inc at the forefront: Iron Sheik and Volkolff will get another shot at the Midsouth Tag titles held by JYD and Butch Reed. Sheik won the right to the title match with a partner of his choice when he beat Reed (thanks to interference from Kamala). The long-running feud between Reed and Kamala has raged since the outset. Bill Watts is working on a plan to end the feud once and for all.

North American champ Dick Murdoch has his run-ins with Skandar's group as well. He warned them to stay out of his business. The next challenger in his sights is none other than Dr. Death Steve Williams.

strangely quiet of late - The Rat Pack. need to find something to get them back in the game.

The next MidSouth on Tour card from Atlanta features:

Terry Taylor vs Koko B Ware

Chavo Guerrero (w/ Skandar Akbar) vs Bobby Fulton

Tommy Rich vs Buddy Landell (w/JJ Dillion)

Junkyard Dog vs Mr Olympia (w/ JJ Dillion)

before those results, a quick look at SuperClash from the AWA

draws .58 rating and 15,000 fans to B rated show. Headlined by Brunzell & Martell over Sheiks (B). Bockwinkle A rated match defeats Wahoo McDaniel to retain AWA HW title. Other matches saw Greg Gagne defeat DR D Shultz to retain AWA TV Title (B-), Baron Von Raschke defeated Mad Dog Vachon in the opener. Ray Stevens over Da Crusher. Hulk Hogan got a win over Jake the Milkman Milliman.

some angles of interest saw brawls between Dick the Bruiser and Hulk Hogan (would love to see that one with Dick in his prime), Crusher vs Ken Patera, and Vachon & Stevens. We'll see if any of these come to fruition.

next MidSouth on Tour card from Atlanta features:

Terry Taylor vs Koko B Ware

Taylor needs to be developed into a more important role...But he needs some good wins to get him there

Chavo Guerrero (w/ Skandar Akbar) vs Bobby Fulton

TRON is looming still... Chavo is much better than Bobby Fulton

Tommy Rich vs Buddy Landell (w/JJ Dillion)

Tough one...But Rich is about as hot as nyone in wrestling right now and needs to build some momentum in MSW

Junkyard Dog vs Mr Olympia (w/ JJ Dillion)

Shenanigans from JJ Dillon will cost the Dog or we'll just see all Hell break loose with Landell interfering, then Rich getting involved... Either way Mr. Olympia keeps riding that wave of momentum as one of your better heels

Archived