TNA on Freeview

wilts

Yes yes yes :D

Nothing like actually watching it on TV! This is more of an impetus to keep up with it too. Great move.

Edit:

On the official website:

TNA FANS IN THE UK: Virgin 1 is giving Freeview viewers and TNA fans the opportunity to watch “TNA iMPACT!” on Virgin 1 on Fridays at 21:00 staring on October 30, 2009. TNA fans can continue to watch “iMPACT!” at its regular time on Bravo on Saturdays at 21:00 with encores Sunday 21:00 on Bravo 2, Saturday 09:00 on Bravo, Saturday 19:00 on Bravo 2, Sunday 08:00 on Bravo 2 and Sunday 10:00 on Bravo 2

Good move. Can't argue with that. Unfortunately I'm pretty much done with the whole 'scheduled television' thing. I'm so used to downloading stuff and watching things whenever I feel like the idea of having to stop what I'm doing to watch a specific program at a specific time just seems foreign to me now.

Good move though. Freeview is pretty widely available. I would have been all over this during my University days.

Is there actually any site that reports the global collective ratings for the shows? I know the US is the biggest market but TNA seems to be doing pretty good outside of it or actually better in comparison.

PS its a permanent deal at least the way PWI reported it some time ago.

PS its a permanent deal at least the way PWI reported it some time ago.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2683871/TNA-Impact-will-air-on-Freeview-channel-Virgin-1-in-the-UK-from-October-30.html

Sadly, it is currently only a temporary measure to boost interest in the product, rather than a permanent move to screen wrestling free in the UK.

A Virgin spokesman told SunSport: "As the TNA Wrestling brand continues to grow in the UK, we wanted to give the Freeview audience a chance to catch all the action.

"So, for a limited time, we will be giving wrestling fans the opportunity to see TNA's weekly flagship show TNA Impact a day earlier on Virgin 1.

"It will be premiering on Friday nights at 9pm from Friday 30 October to Friday 4 December."

He added: "This is a scheduling and programming decision to widen the brand to a Freeview audience on Virgin1 for a limited time. TNA's official home will still be Bravo.

"Once new fans get a taste of it they can tune into Bravo for all the action as usual. It's even more of an incentive to subscribe to Virgin Media or Sky."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2683871/TNA-Impact-will-air-on-Freeview-channel-Virgin-1-in-the-UK-from-October-30.html#ixzz0UUD9rnUL

Bollocks.

That is a shame. I always thought that if TNA (or any wrestling company) could get a deal on free TV within the UK, they'd have a chance to overtake WWE over here. Maybe Virgin 1 isn't the station to do it on, and I don't know how much benefit that would bring in the grand shceme of things, but it's a theory I'd love tested one day.

That is a shame. I always thought that if TNA (or any wrestling company) could get a deal on free TV within the UK, they'd have a chance to overtake WWE over here. Maybe Virgin 1 isn't the station to do it on, and I don't know how much benefit that would bring in the grand shceme of things, but it's a theory I'd love tested one day.

Well, WCW used to have Nitro on TNT on Friday night at 21:00 I believe which was immediately after Cartoon Network finished. It may not be now but that channel used to be free, although you did have to have a Sky Box and dish so maybe this doesn't count.

Well, WCW used to have Nitro on TNT on Friday night at 21:00 I believe which was immediately after Cartoon Network finished. It may not be now but that channel used to be free, although you did have to have a Sky Box and dish so maybe this doesn't count.

I remember Worldwide on Five, and Sunday Night Heat and PPV's for free on Channel 4. Ah, those were the days...

I remember Worldwide on Five, and Sunday Night Heat and PPV's for free on Channel 4. Ah, those were the days...

Ah yes, Channel 4 used to be brilliant for the lesser quality PPVs.

When I was growing up the term Pay-per-view used to confuse me because I never paid to watch it on 4....

When I was growing up the term Pay-per-view used to confuse me because I never paid to watch it on 4....

Haha, likewise!

Untill the Rumble when Mae Young ruined it for all of us!

Was that actually part of the reason? I mean, i remember the 2001 Rumble (year after Mae) being the last one - and i've still got that on video! - but it wouldn't surprise me if they'd saved that up all Mary Whitehouse style :p

Archived