I have a massive amount of trouble booking B shows. I love the idea, because I can put over-the-hill workers against youngsters, and get some much needed exposure to jobbers without hurting my Raw and SD ratings. But in the end, I just don't have the time or patience to deal with B shows.

My current ECW is currently a 30 minute program, with 2 ten minute promos that are just one guy with good ENT skills and 7 Non Rated- just gives them a nice little boost. And then I might have a match that I know is gonna suck, so I put it on ECW to, again, keep my A Show ratings from declining. It's a good way to get people on programming and get some exposure and popularity, but if you're intending on having a long term game, then it depends if you have the time, energy and patience to put up with booking a show that means very little.

Given that my roster is too big anyway, I'm just waiting for my contract to run out so I can attempt to get a prime time deal for a real 3rd brand. But, if i didn't have the patience for booking 2 A shows and B show, what chance do I have of being able to do properly book 3 A shows.

I haven't played a mod with Superstars as a show yet. What are the ratings like? If you made it an A show, would there be a chance of decent ratings?

Given that my roster is too big anyway, I'm just waiting for my contract to run out so I can attempt to get a prime time deal for a real 3rd brand. But, if i didn't have the patience for booking 2 A shows and B show, what chance do I have of being able to do properly book 3 A shows.

I haven't played a mod with Superstars as a show yet. What are the ratings like? If you made it an A show, would there be a chance of decent ratings?

Fun bit of history.

Back in the day, when people were clamoring for three brands and B shows, a few people kept saying 'You're not going to want to book all of those shows every week' but were shouted down (in text). Seriously, anyone who has played this game regularly can tell you how booking eleventy million shows a month can really kill the long term viability of a game. It's different when you start from nothing (or nearly so, if not a full-on 0/0/0) and work your way up since that gives you the 2-4 game years before you start moving into multi-TV show territory. But when you start as the E, you're thrust into booking 4 shows a week and one pay per view a month. That's 17 shows a month to book. 204 shows a game year. Not hard to get burned out quickly at that pace.

Superstars would get 'decent' ratings as an A show...if you booked it like your other A shows. But then the question becomes, do you really want another A show to have to book?

Oh and for bigguy, what I do sometimes is make a concession to playability and put ECW as the B show on USA (being a brand) and Superstars as a B show on 11 or MyNetworkTV or whatever they're called now (still the WB to me, with the frog :p). This way, you can KEEP the show and not automatically lose it. Even though I don't play as WWE, it really irks me to see them (effectively) lose two shows in the first year.

It's different when you start from nothing (or nearly so, if not a full-on 0/0/0) and work your way up since that gives you the 2-4 game years before you start moving into multi-TV show territory. But when you start as the E, you're thrust into booking 4 shows a week and one pay per view a month. That's 17 shows a month to book. 204 shows a game year. Not hard to get burned out quickly at that pace.

Amen. My longest-running game on '07 had me running 13 or 17 (can't remember which) shows a month, including one TV show and one PPV by the time '08 came out. That was fun - every worker on my roster was a personal project or someone who'd evolved into a star under my guidnace, and even with some 90 workers I could give you chapter and verse on them.

Starting out that way, with a company as unbalanced as WWE and trying to justify not scrapping it all to start again... Yeah. I aven't played RW in eighteen months or so. That's one of the reasons why :p

But when you start as the E, you're thrust into booking 4 shows a week and one pay per view a month.

Two pay per views in some months!

Stupid WWE and their aggressive programming.

Remi, you have inspired me to can ECW immediately and possible even SD. I wonder how I'm gonna go at attempting to give 80 superstars a spot on a 2 hour Raw.

I was able to re-negotiate the "B" show. Started with TCW with GNN Network (I think, cant verify it cause I am not using my laptop at the moment), then acquired a B show. I did not renew the A show cause I opted to use a bigger network (I think it was CBN or the Huge size network) because I only wanted two tv shows( one A and one B) at the time. Been able to renew the B show every time so far even without the A show on the same network. Could be a glitch, if no one is able to duplicate it.

Two pay per views in some months!

Stupid WWE and their aggressive programming.

Remi, you have inspired me to can ECW immediately and possible even SD. I wonder how I'm gonna go at attempting to give 80 superstars a spot on a 2 hour Raw.

No no no no no! Don't do that! You're cutting your nose off to spite your face if you do that.

Use ECW and Superstars as advanced development promotions. It's the purgatory of WWE. Where your FCW workers are promoted to earn overness and TV-specific skills. Look at it like this:

RAW Smackdown!

| |

ECW Superstars

\ /

FCW

Midcard and above can work the A shows and below midcard can work ECW/Superstars with maybe a midcarder/upper midcarder as the 'star' of the B shows (like Christian, or like how Phantom Stranger uses Rick Law in his TCW diary). Depending on how large your roster is, you can give Superstars two titles (singles and tag) and ECW one (an addition of tag titles) and it allows you to develop both types of workers. This way, ECW and Superstars becomes your laboratory, where you test your 'wild' and 'outlandish' ideas to see how they do, before possibly risking it on an A show. It lets you flex your 'Paul Heyman' with little to no repercussions. Use your workers from the A show that aren't actively in programs to make special appearances, just so they have something to do.

Archived