TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still want an easier and smoother way to change networks in the game, whether the networks are under the same umbrella or not. But I digress.

This. It would be very nice if you could negotiate a contract with a rival network in your final month of contract with your current network instead of been blocked and effectively having to eaither A) Get a cancelation authed by your current network or B) go without tv for a season untill tv networks are hireing again.

I love the new announcement tho, and i realy hope some ingame mechanic shows up to allow umbrella orgs such as NWA to realy beef up this game.

Features #45 and #46 are truly great additions. They're more like game world features which were needed for 2008 and are popping up like crazy on the "major feature" end of the spectrum so far. I really, really like the umbrella network idea. Now JSV can all be lumped together.

I love the new announcement tho, and i realy hope some ingame mechanic shows up to allow umbrella orgs such as NWA to realy beef up this game.

I'm hoping for umbrella organizations as well. It's the feature I'm really pulling for to appear. TEW 2010 already appears to be flexing its muscles, umbrella orgs would be more muscle.

My sadistic side wants to see TEW2010 released without Umbrella Organisations, just to see how the people would react to them being introduced as optional DLC for $9.99. :D

As much as i want it... id go without it if that was the case :p

Not due to the additional cost, hell if the main cost of the main game was put up due to it , thats fine... but i seriously object to the use of DLC's in other games and refuse to pay for them on principle alone.

If that was the case every man and his dog would start charging for mods :p

Only thing that might be missing (and perhaps added to the next game) is something like the Comcast-NBC thing (cable/PPV provider owning a TV network).

It's truly like a ladder system and makes those related networks (like Sky Sports or the like) more attractive since it's a way to "get in on the ground floor", so to speak.

Speaking of which... In New Zealand (Australia, and I think the UK as well), Sky TV also incorporates Sky Boxoffice, which is its PPV supply. I don't know whether it's part of one deal, or two separate deals, but WWE TV Shows (Raw, SD, ECW, Superstars) all are on a Sky TV Channel "The Box", and WWE PPVs are exclusively shown on Sky Boxoffice.

Speaking of which... In New Zealand (Australia, and I think the UK as well), Sky TV also incorporates Sky Boxoffice, which is its PPV supply. I don't know whether it's part of one deal, or two separate deals, but WWE TV Shows (Raw, SD, ECW, Superstars) all are on a Sky TV Channel "The Box", and WWE PPVs are exclusively shown on Sky Boxoffice.

Yeah good point. You not only get a place for your TV show but you get a PPV carrier too.

Wonder if thats part of the deal in TEW10

As much as i want it... id go without it if that was the case :p

Not due to the additional cost, hell if the main cost of the main game was put up due to it , thats fine... but i seriously object to the use of DLC's in other games and refuse to pay for them on principle alone.

If that was the case every man and his dog would start charging for mods :p

Why? DLC is wonderful.

Why? DLC is wonderful.

On paper it certainly is wonderful, and has potential. In practice it allows the devs to bring out unfinished products, and keep content they normally include in the full game as DLC.

Post-factum a lot of stuff CAN indeed be added. But the facts are devs are planning a game towards DLC, and that's perverse (not the perv kind a way, but DLC was nog intended for that). :D

Like he said, everyone starts charging for simple stuff.

I have a folder on my pc with 43 text files all 6kb+ , all my rosters and push plans for every game of TEW i have played in 08, i have the file next to my TEW client as i play so that no matter what screen i'am on ingame i can always have all the info open to me when i make a choice, i have a similar folder for WMMA2, i spend so much time maintaining them and adding on the useful bits of info that can lead to uber victorys and avoid failures that i often dont even play much of the game time wise during a TEW session... this feature will not only streamline my ocd regarding this .txt issue, but it will most likely bring all kinds of new info to my finger tips, im very happy with this one.

I have a folder on my pc with 43 text files all 6kb+ , all my rosters and push plans for every game of TEW i have played in 08, i have the file next to my TEW client as i play so that no matter what screen i'am on ingame i can always have all the info open to me when i make a choice, i have a similar folder for WMMA2, i spend so much time maintaining them and adding on the useful bits of info that can lead to uber victorys and avoid failures that i often dont even play much of the game time wise during a TEW session... this feature will not only streamline my ocd regarding this .txt issue, but it will most likely bring all kinds of new info to my finger tips, im very happy with this one.

Yeah same here. Really happy with this addition.

Archived