The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

RAW should go back down to two hours.

This!

Last night's RAW was no good IMO and that's too bad because I needed it to sell me properly on Money In The Bank which it did not do, aside from the Owens Neville NXT Title match the show didn't do anything for me. I know I have the network and I will watch MITB eventually but this Sunday I won't be watching live due to there being another PPV going on at the exact same time that carries more interest for me.

This!

Last night's RAW was no good IMO and that's too bad because I needed it to sell me properly on Money In The Bank which it did not do, aside from the Owens Neville NXT Title match the show didn't do anything for me. I know I have the network and I will watch MITB eventually but this Sunday I won't be watching live due to there being another PPV going on at the exact same time that carries more interest for me.

Over saturation is killing them!!!! I know they are trying to sell the network but if they can't properly build the PPVs then its going to cut the legs out from under them!

Over saturation is killing them!!!! I know they are trying to sell the network but if they can't properly build the PPVs then its going to cut the legs out from under them!

3 hours and over-saturation actually hurts the network. Why would casual consumers pay for more content when there are so many hours available for free? 3 hours is purely down to their television deals. Doing a 3 hour show earns them more money than a 2 hour show, and I can't imagine the costs are all that much more. Financially it's a tremendously positive deal... even if it's hurting them creatively. I'd prefer a 2 hour show (actually, even that's too long for me) but it's a business.

Unrelated note, Marcus Louis is my new favourite wrestler.

3 hours and over-saturation actually hurts the network. Why would casual consumers pay for more content when there are so many hours available for free? 3 hours is purely down to their television deals. Doing a 3 hour show earns them more money than a 2 hour show, and I can't imagine the costs are all that much more. Financially it's a tremendously positive deal... even if it's hurting them creatively. I'd prefer a 2 hour show (actually, even that's too long for me) but it's a business.

Unrelated note, Marcus Louis is my new favourite wrestler.

That guy has the look of a serial killer! They should give him an epic heel push based on that alone!

They aren't buying anything but it's looking like a very close working agreement and maybe their shows on the network

HHH has already talked about needing smaller shows for rookies so that they wouldn't be compared to the likes of Zayn and Owens while they have just started wrestling

They aren't buying anything but it's looking like a very close working agreement and maybe their shows on the network

HHH has already talked about needing smaller shows for rookies so that they wouldn't be compared to the likes of Zayn and Owens while they have just started wrestling

I saw that they were buying them. If they do buy WWN they are getting EVOLVE/Shine/and one more.

But even if they "buy" them they can still let whoever is running it run it the way they have been just give them the production ablity of a bigger company and the Network.

After seeing Finn Bálor's "Inner Demon" video on WWE.com, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gearing him up to win the NXT Championship when he faces Owens in Japan. They must surely be thinking about taking the title away from Owens due to his call-up to the main roster and Bálor should get a really good crowd reaction from the Japan audience, after making his name in the country.

NXT Review:

Ryder & Mojo vs Jobbers - Solid match. They seem to have improved Mojo's awful moveset. He'd make a better heel, though.

Finn Balor - Cool demon promo but his monontone delivery is still a problem.

Emma vs Blue Pants, Becky vs Jessie - Solid matches but Leva & Jessie both looked a little clunky (for lack of a better word).

Breeze vs Bull - "Bull is gorgeous!" chants and Breeze doing laps of the ring to make Bull gassed made for a fun squash match. Bull's segment with Regal was good.

Corbin vs Dawkins - Yet Another Squash.

Dawson vs Joe - Solid match but too short. The Muscle Buster is an awesome looking finisher. Owens was good on commentary. I enjoyed their mic exchange.

Verdict: Solid show.

tumblr_nprcvnFIzo1s5g0jgo1_500.gif

After seeing Finn Bálor's "Inner Demon" video on WWE.com, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gearing him up to win the NXT Championship when he faces Owens in Japan. They must surely be thinking about taking the title away from Owens due to his call-up to the main roster and Bálor should get a really good crowd reaction from the Japan audience, after making his name in the country.

I think that would have been Itami's spot with Owens retaining before dropping to Zayn later in the year but 2 injuries and the call-up have changed that. Finn's the best choice they have for NXT Champion right now. I'd like to see him turn heel as champ and feud with Joe.

I think that would have been Itami's spot with Owens retaining before dropping to Zayn later in the year but 2 injuries and the call-up have changed that. Finn's the best choice they have for NXT Champion right now. I'd like to see him turn heel as champ and feud with Joe.

10 bucks says he is the one that "attacked" Itami and that is going to be his heel turn....kind of reminds me of Rikishi running over Stone Cold.