The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Nah, the fact that Ambrose just kept fighting was the good part of the match...but Seth should have pushed him down and retrieved the title cleanly in the end. I get that they tried to do something unique but it didn't work and Seth looked stupid.

I kept playing that finish over and over in my head and I couldn't make myself like it. I know they wanted a finish to make Ambrose look as strong as possible but I rather he stayed buried under the ladder and chairs or the barricade powerbomb...or them slugging it out up top and Seth grabs the title and gets clocked but holds on to it on his way down.

I understand they were going for an innovative finish but it probably sounded way better them going over the match then it ever looked.

I kept playing that finish over and over in my head and I couldn't make myself like it. I know they wanted a finish to make Ambrose look as strong as possible but I rather he stayed buried under the ladder and chairs or the barricade powerbomb...or them slugging it out up top and Seth grabs the title and gets clocked but holds on to it on his way down.

I understand they were going for an innovative finish but it probably sounded way better them going over the match then it ever looked.

Should have been declared a draw with Seth retaining to avoid confusion. Maybe they will address it on Raw with Trips declaring it a draw to placate Ambrose but refusing to allow a rematch.

I hope you don't watch Lucha Underground. The next episode is a 60 minute iron man match for the Championship between Puma & Mundo that has had minimal build. Personally, I don't mind. These types of matches are few and far between these days.

There is a difference between a long match that peaks far too early and a long match that doesn't feel like overkill by the time the finish comes. It was the longest match in years (since Punk/Cena MITB and longer than that) but they still worked it like a 20 minute match to me.

A ladder match isnt exactly the best type of match to make the longest in years when the drama is in seeing a guy climb up a ladder slowly.

I hope you don't watch Lucha Underground. The next episode is a 60 minute iron man match for the Championship between Puma & Mundo that has had minimal build. Personally, I don't mind. These types of matches are few and far between these days.

I wouldn't say minimal build they have built this story perfectly. Mundo has been trying to get a title shot desperately. El Patron comes in months after Mundo and winds up beating him in a match Mundo needed to win for the title. Mundo freaks out and puts his face through a glass window. Its no longer about the World Title its about Mundo proving he belongs, its about Mundo proving he's better than the guy who got a fluke win over him in his eyes. What better way to do that than in an Iron Man match where there can't be any fluke wins? I think the story has been perfect and I disagree its been "minimal build".

I really enjoyed Rollins vs. Ambrose. I'll go with **** for that, nice match, good story, fairly well-paced. It didn't feel that long even though it ran 35 minutes. Rollins proved he can work, Ambrose proved he's a real player, both are better having had that match.

Cena vs. Owens was about the same as their first match. I'm on ****1/4 for both bouts. From what I gather, Owens is being underestimated by Cena, who think he's a plucky rookie but quickly found out he isn't. LOVED the line where Cena said Owens' story was Never Give Up, very smart, but the matches don't feel like they were wrestled to that story at all. It's just been moves, kick out, more moves. It's action movie wrestling basically, but there's a time and a place for that, so I have no problems with it.

how has no one mentioned Owens nearly dropping the hometown boy? I straight up have never been more scared of a potential botch. He like half dropped him, caught him and powerbombed him..

And btw, WWE, if you didn't notice, the fans didn't care for some bad musician, even if he is in his hometown. They cheered him, literally, for getting thrown off the stage..

Raw Highlights:

The Good - Rollins' speech. Ambrose vs Sheamus. Owens vs Ziggler. Ryback: "I've got Miz all over me!" Bray Wyatt promo (the bit at the end with the photo and Roman's reaction was gold). Owens powerbombing Machine Gun Kelly (it was Kelly's idea apparently and props to him for taking the bump). New Day vs Neville & PTP. Seth's face when Bork showed up.

The OK - Paige vs The Bellas (Hopefully it leads to Paige pairing up with Natalya or Charlotte at Battleground to beat them).

The Bad - Barrett losing again. Orton vs Kane. Big Show vs Miz.

Verdict: Solid show.

Anyone know what promo dusty does the wined and dined with kings and queens line? Youtube and other people keep saying its hard times but ive watched it like 20 times and either its so subtle im just missing it or people are steering me in the wrong direction

It's not Hard Times. They show a clip of him saying the line in his Hall of Fame highlight video and he's wearing different clothes. I've spent most of the day looking around YouTube and DailyMotion for the promo and can't find it.

I wouldn't say minimal build they have built this story perfectly. Mundo has been trying to get a title shot desperately. El Patron comes in months after Mundo and winds up beating him in a match Mundo needed to win for the title. Mundo freaks out and puts his face through a glass window. Its no longer about the World Title its about Mundo proving he belongs, its about Mundo proving he's better than the guy who got a fluke win over him in his eyes. What better way to do that than in an Iron Man match where there can't be any fluke wins? I think the story has been perfect and I disagree its been "minimal build".

My point was that compared to Rollins/Ambrose, there has been minimal build. I only remember one match between Mundo and Puma a long time ago and maybe a tag match and the odd backstage segment, but nothing directly leading to this match aside from the heel turn.

The interesting thing is everyone seems to be excited about a 60 minute iron man match in a promotion known largely for being a spotfest, albeit often accompanied by sound ring psychology. Yet with all the history between Rollins and Ambrose lots of people thought a 30-40 minute match was too much.

I think the last time WWE fans were excited about the prospect of an iron man match was Punk vs Bryan when they had a champion vs champion series, or Punk vs Cena, or Zayn vs Cesaro in NXT, but we never got an iron man match in any of the feuds. Maybe people have more faith in the match bookers and performers in Lucha Underground than WWE or we have been conditioned to expect short matches in WWE and it's a shock if they pass the 30 minute mark. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone know what promo dusty does the wined and dined with kings and queens line? Youtube and other people keep saying its hard times but ive watched it like 20 times and either its so subtle im just missing it or people are steering me in the wrong direction

"I've eaten Pork & Beans...I've dined with Kings & Queens"

Dusty used it as one of his catch-phrases waaaay back when, then he used it at the end of his HOF speech... "Tonight I have truly dined with Kings & Queens."

Trying to find a youtube video with the catchphrase

Does anyone else think that Finn Balor is the guy with the most potential? I just watched the Who is Finn Balor? segment NXT had and I just been thinking this all day long.

Anyways this is just opinion in the end:

Kevin Owens won't be the face of the company. He's regular dad who happens to be a dick works very well but dude really lacks in the looks to be the face of the company. One of the top heels yes but not the guy people will go crazy for.

Sami Zayn is just too good as the face to be the cool badass that WWE needs. It just feels that his position will never be #1 good guy simply because he's looks too much like a nice dude. Give him a major emotional storyline and people will get behind him but I just don't think he has that immediate charisma. It's seems every promo and storyline makes you like him more little by little but if he's not doing anything for a couple of PPV cycle's I feels people slowly forget him.

Hideo is older and has been a star somewhere else. The could make him a badass but I think he lacks the ability to connect with an American crowd where strong style isn't the thing people look for.

Neville is probably the best wrestler of the bunch but he's kind of bland tbh. Both him and Hideo could use a manager just to hype them up so they don't have to speak often. Neville could be a great cocky midcard champion.

Finn on the other hand has everything in my eyes.

He's a great wrestler and has wrestled everywhere (like Daniel Bryan)

His entrance is entrancing (like Undertaker's).

His calm and collected persona is unique in WWE.

He has the Demon Balor persona which seems like a merchandise fortune.

Dude is a supermodel (Some of the forums have who's the hottest poll and Balor always ends up top 3 and this polls are for both men and women.)

He has that cool factor especially with a suit.

NXT Review:

Enzo, Cass & Carmella vs Sweet Boys & Bliss - Solid match.

Who is Finn Balor? (Part 1) - Great documentary so far. Bonus points for Becky Lynch.

Charlotte vs Cassie - Solid match. Charlotte was more agressive, schooling the rookie.

Dana Brooke - Solid backstage promo on Charlotte (ignoring her looking at the teleprompter off camera). Even though her character annoys me, if she works hard to get her wrestling up to par, I'm sold.

Owens vs Joe - More of a brawl than a match which was fine this early in the feud. Still the worst theme song in NXT.

Verdict: Solid show.

Bayley might have a broken arm, although she's still wrestling live events. The current injury list: Rusev, Kidd, Itami, Bryan, Zayn, Riley, Jey Uso, Zahra, Sasha, Goldust & Bayley.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/bb8eb6c86a10f854d3849d0b68f17a20/tumblr_inline_nbseqqs3nv1t0oxfi.png

Apparently, Ziggler is leaving in July.

He's had quite the career considering he started at Chavo Guerrero's golf caddy. People will say WWE dropped the ball with him, I don't agree, he was never headline material for me, but given his modest beginnings, I hope he holds his head up high. Not everybody can be a 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He's had his moments and he'll be missed, that's for sure.

Apparently, Ziggler is leaving in July.

He's had quite the career considering he started at Chavo Guerrero's golf caddy. People will say WWE dropped the ball with him, I don't agree, he was never headline material for me, but given his modest beginnings, I hope he holds his head up high. Not everybody can be a 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He's had his moments and he'll be missed, that's for sure.

He said he would stay if he got a major push. Let's all pray as we know protests wont work. (wink wink)