The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hellboy2" data-cite="hellboy2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Kana is a brilliant signing, i always sign her in my WWE games, i think i read somewhere they signed Rich Swann too which to me is an excellent signing<p> </p><p> I figured the whole Sting thing, does anyone else think it will lead to him winning the US Title, as WWE made a point a while ago he was the greatest ever US Chamion or something</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd hate that, but I'd hate it less than the rumors that they want to put the WWE title on Sting for a short run, for more "juice" to a Taker- Sting match up with Taker winning, and then having Brock win it back from Taker to avoid Brock beating Rollins clean. (pure rumor, take with massive grains of salt) </p><p> </p><p> but I don't think they can just have sting lose to Rollins, unless Sting has just told them privately "yea screw it, I'll do the Job to everybody here, just happy to be here and working with people."</p><p> </p><p> Having him lose to Hunter kinda puts them in a tough spot. If Rollins beats Sting, what is Sting even doing here? what purpose does he serve? and why would Sting agree to sign with WWE if he's just going to be squashed?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Lana/Rusev/Ziggler/Summer angle is pure trash. Rusev and Summer are so damn good they are making it mildly entertaining but the longer it goes on the harder it will be to rebuild Rusev as a threatening heel. Ziggler won't suffer because he's been given nothing but scraps since Survivor Series last year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed. This is one of the worst wrestling storylines I've ever seen. That's saying something.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The angle with Sting destroying Seth's statue reminded me of Cesar Romero's Joker and I loved it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think last night's entire shenanigans was the best work Sting's done in the WWE. Crowd seemed to agree, good promo work and his star presence finally seemed to come across.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Rollins is solid on the mic but his promos are as long as Bray's used to be but not even half as interesting.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bray had interesting promos at one point? Ever since the lead up to the Cena feud, all I remember is "Blah Blah Blah..." followed by leading the crowd in song. Spare me.</p>

<p>NXT is still so awesome. I like the team with Gable. It just proves once again that it's not that hard to transition from a legit athletic background, though Angle might not be a good example as he was just really good in everything for some reason.</p><p> </p><p>

Like most I don't get why they're pushing EvaMarie. She's not hotter than the others. Her match with Carmella (that I just watched, had some catching up to do) was all kinds of AWKWARD, going from her screaming "SAWFT", raking the armpit and doing all kinds of random stuff. Her entrance movements seemed weird. What baffles me even more is that the commentators put her over as "really hardworking" and "rapidly improving". The latter could be correct (god knows from how far she's come) but if this is the result of hard work, she's just not made for the business. It may be harsh for fans to boo her (and hard too, as they try to maintain positive), but it's just hard to watch her work in general. It's not an eyesore or plain horrible, but it gets perceived like that in a card that just oozes with talent and great performances. In TEW terms, you'd get an E-. It must be Vince's influence. Maybe he has a fetish for fake red hair now?</p><p> </p><p>

@CQI: He did, actually, but that was perhaps a year ago (indeed before the Cena feud).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bray had interesting promos at one point? Ever since the lead up to the Cena feud, all I remember is "Blah Blah Blah..." followed by leading the crowd in song. Spare me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He was doing great, including building a feud WITHOUT the other guy even bothering to be present, leading into his match with Taker this year at Mania.</p><p> </p><p> Then Taker squashed "the new face of fear" in a horrid match that WWE doesn't even seem to acknowledge happened. Seriously, how many more times are we going to hear "And here is Taker, BACK AFTER 16 MONTHS!" </p><p> </p><p> Every time i hear that I'm like "uh...he came back at Wrestlemania. that happened." </p><p> </p><p> I don't get that booking, he was on a pretty good singles role, had built a feud that should have ended with him beating taker to pass the torch on the "supernatural" gimmick. Instead Taker did nothing in the match and made him look like a joke. "so Brock can crush this guy, and a year later Bray can't even hang with him?"</p><p> </p><p> Since then he's just been floundering, you had him get a major build up twice to get squashed by a vet for no real purpose that i can see. And in Taker's case, it seems to have really been for no actual purpose, because as I said, WWE doesn't seem to acknowledge that match ever took place now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He was doing great, including building a feud WITHOUT the other guy even bothering to be present, leading into his match with Taker this year at Mania.<p> </p><p> Then Taker squashed "the new face of fear" in a horrid match that WWE doesn't even seem to acknowledge happened. Seriously, how many more times are we going to hear "And here is Taker, BACK AFTER 16 MONTHS!" </p><p> </p><p> Every time i hear that I'm like "uh...he came back at Wrestlemania. that happened." </p><p> </p><p> I don't get that booking, he was on a pretty good singles role, had built a feud that should have ended with him beating taker to pass the torch on the "supernatural" gimmick. Instead Taker did nothing in the match and made him look like a joke. "so Brock can crush this guy, and a year later Bray can't even hang with him?"</p><p> </p><p> Since then he's just been floundering, you had him get a major build up twice to get squashed by a vet for no real purpose that i can see. And in Taker's case, it seems to have really been for no actual purpose, because as I said, WWE doesn't seem to acknowledge that match ever took place now.</p></div></blockquote><p> They do this stuff quite often, although it took me watching every single episode of Raw and Smackdown for a few years to notice it. I haven't been able to watch anywhere near as much recently because of work schedule and not really wanting to go through a whole show for only 15 or 20 minutes of greatness (if any at all), when I can just watch a recap or something on youtube.</p><p> </p><p> The other thing they do is all the sudden acknowledge it out of the blue, to build or build on a feud that they all the sudden want to have. It's not totally unexceptable to me or anything like that, but it does bother me. I can actually forget all about something if it looks like they feel they made a mistake and just ignore that it happened... I can play along. It's the bringing it back after I've played along for so long that can get me irritated. I'm like... Really (Miz voice), Really???? The flip side is, if it's something I wish they didn't ignore and bring it back then I'm like "It's about time!!" So... I try to stay objective either way, but I still feel the same anyways.</p>

<p>I could see Taker cheating at WM against Bray so Bray looks strong. But losing back to back takes away from Lesnar's win and Heyman's claim of being the one behind the one.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll have to go back and watch some of those promos, but his stuff against Cena was yawn inducing save for the part with the little kid. But then they did nothing with that. </p><p> </p><p>

Could also be I don't buy into him just appearing out of nowhere to win matches or that interference at MITB this year. If you're going to do that, just appear and take the briefcase!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I could see Taker cheating at WM against Bray so Bray looks strong. But losing back to back takes away from Lesnar's win and Heyman's claim of being the one behind the one.<p> </p><p> I'll have to go back and watch some of those promos, but his stuff against Cena was yawn inducing save for the part with the little kid. But then they did nothing with that. </p><p> </p><p> Could also be I don't buy into him just appearing out of nowhere to win matches or that interference at MITB this year. If you're going to do that, just appear and take the briefcase!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Then just don't have the match. That is what they are pretending happened now, that Taker just stayed away 16 months.</p>

So, it's official. Nikki Bella is now the longest reigning Divas Champion of all time.....and you know what?

It had to happen. It was going to happen anyway. Charlotte's getting her rematch at Night of Champions anyway, and that one is an almost guaranteed victory for Charlotte.

Everyone knows records are meant to be broken...but at least find somebody who would've represented better. Paige would've have been a better canidate...Layla would've have been a better canidate if she didn't retire from getting poorly used...Hell they could've paid Trish Stratus a boat load of money to come back and really legitimize that title. Hell I would've stomached Alicia Fox better than Nikki....

Everyone knows records are meant to be broken...but at least find somebody who would've represented better. Paige would've have been a better canidate...Layla would've have been a better canidate if she didn't retire from getting poorly used...Hell they could've paid Trish Stratus a boat load of money to come back and really legitimize that title. Hell I would've stomached Alicia Fox better than Nikki....

this

I personally would have loved to see Paige or Becky screw Charlotte out of the title, as I felt it would have been the foregone conclusion. Nonetheless the ending could have been FAR worse. (Rosa Mendes anyone?)

A DQ ending is fine but to use the ridiculous "twin magic" angle to do so (again) is moronic. They would of been better off having Brie or Alica Fox jump in and attack Charlotte to cause the DQ.

Thank god they brought back the stupid bra stuffing part of the act from 3 months ago too, that's not demeaning and childish at all.

Think that's straight Vinny Mac?

"yea see, it works cause you don't have implants! hahaha"

Nikki certainly proved one thing, if your ah-hem "in" with the correct people, you can hold a title for the longest period in history and defend it an average of once every 4 months.

Face it. They both proved it, neither woman was innocent in their shot to the top.

Well... to be innocent, you have to have done something wrong in the first place. Neither Nikki nor AJ have done anything wrong, they were highly favoured by the office so they just rolled with it because you'd have to be an idiot not to. It's good business on WWE's part to keep them happy since they help keep their top male stars happy. Cena likes having Nikki on the road with him, Punk liked having AJ on the road with him so Vinny Mac does his best to keep all parties happy. It's just smart but simple business on his part.

That and people always forget that being a wrestler is a job and being higher on the card usually means an increased paycheck. You have to ride that wave for all it's worth since wrestling is a short career and you need options after you retire. Nikki has probably made a good million or two off increased merchandise sales alone since becoming Diva's Champion. She sure as hell sells more than every other diva not named Paige, I know that much.