The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but a tournament (which is what I hear is happening) seems a great time to try to elevate more guys.

Were I fantasy booking it (tempting to go find a mod and do so), it'd probably be Ambrose, Reigns, Cesaro, Neville, Kane, Wyatt, Seamus & Barrett (ideally Rusev over one of the other heels but he's out) as 8 guys going for the belt.

Roman & Dean go to a draw (double count out? double 10 count in ring?) and are both eliminated.

Wyatt beats Kane in the first round and it's almost a squash. Kane seems drained and beaten and Wyatt revels in his newfound powers. Due to the double elim, Wyatt gets a bye to the finals.

Cesaro beats Seamus in a hard-hitting bout, especially because they have such great matches against each other. Cesaro gets attacked by Seamus after the match.

Barrett beats Neville, because Barrett beats Neville every time.

The only semi-final is Barrett vs Cesaro and Cesaro guts through and gets past Barrett as well.

The finals are Wyatt vs Cesaro. Wyatt has to win that, but Cesaro could be made to look like an extremely legitimate title contender here.

I know some guys are missing (Del Rio, Ziggler, Owens, Ryback, off the top of my head), but I had to limit it somehow. Ziggler could be subbed for Neville, Owens & Del Rio for Seamus & Barrett, they have plenty of options.

I like the idea of the participants here. I'd take Neville over any of your alternate options. Del Rio and Owens are current champs, I'd keep them that way.

Ziggler's feuding with Breeze and coming out of one of the worst storylines in recent history, I'd keep him away from the title picture for now.

Ryback is the worst... That's about all I have to say about him and why he should stay away from the title picture.

It's the perfect time for Vince to drum up some IWC goodwill by pushing Cesaro or Ambrose to the moon. Then have Sheamus cash in at TLC and Reigns chase the title as a babyface. Or just turn Reigns heel against Ambrose or Cesaro. The easy storyline is that he's p***ed because he got screwed out of his 1v1 title match at Survivor Series and he doesn't want to wait any longer to get his hands on the belt. Just copy this week's NXT and make him conflicted at first.

Today a record as been set, because Vacant is the only man in history to hold both the TNA and WWE championships at the same time. :D

https://twitter.com/WWEVacant

Seth Rollins is out injured for at least six months after suffering right ACL/MCL/medial meniscus tears last night on a house show in Dublin.

Was it against Ryback? :p

Might freshen things up a bit, but I doubt we'll be surprised here. A tournament doesn't seem 'it'. I'm so curious I'm thinking of continuing my subscription to the Network.

Actually, the network has been a decent deal so far. Whenever there's a special show on it (this week it was 'giants of the ring' or something) I can't stop watching. There's the historical PPV's that I don't have to search for in my closet, and we have something that might be worth 10 bucks.

I'm thinking it's going to come down to Reigns and Ambrose as well. They will have Reigns win, because they've wanted him to have the belt all year anyway, and Ambrose will go psycho and attack him after the match. Bottom line is someone HAS to turn. They've buried every heel on the roster (with the exception of Rollins) so none of them look like champions at the moment.

I'm thinking it's going to come down to Reigns and Ambrose as well. They will have Reigns win, because they've wanted him to have the belt all year anyway, and Ambrose will go psycho and attack him after the match. Bottom line is someone HAS to turn. They've buried every heel on the roster (with the exception of Rollins) so none of them look like champions at the moment.

I'd prefer they let a fan-favorite babyface like Ambrose or Cesaro beat Reigns for the title. The crowd reaction would be great. Give them a clean win with no shenanigans. Then on Raw you have Sheamus cash-in or Reigns attack them. The heat from that would be fantastic if they do it right.

It's an interesting situation. PWInsider have said that Reigns was set to win the title from Rollins, could have been at Survivor Series or could have been at TLC (remember that The Shield's first ever match as a unit was their fantastic 6-man against D-Bry, Kane & Ryback so TLC makes sense in that regard)

So maybe nothing changes here? Reigns will probably win it, although I'd like to see them use the Sheamus cash-in here and get that out of the way.

Ambrose turning heel makes little sense at this point. He's not main eventing Mania this year (nowhere near enough momentum) so turning him just to feed him to Reigns is not the way to go. That's a program they can use post-Mania for a few of the B-tier PPV's.

I would assume Lesnar is a lock to win the Rumble at this point but I've heard rumours for a while about Brock vs. Rock so I wouldn't be at all surprised if The Rock interfered and eliminated him to set that match up. If it's not Lesnar vs. Reigns, it has to be Cena and I'm all for a torch-passing here.

If Reigns Vs Cena headlines WM it would SUCK badly. I for one would hate it. My two least favorite WWE wrestlers headlining WM. As much as I dislike Cena I would cheer him against Reigns because I can't stand Reigns. I hope the fans boo if Reigns win the title at Survivor Series, maybe pelt the ring with garbage.

As someone who studies that stuff a lot, I'm 90% sure it was just a graphics error. It happens all the time. It's probably just a really strange coincidence.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/a/ac/Joke_over_your_head.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150210143007

You set me up perfectly for that!

Anyways, The Boogeyman signed a Legends contract. Many may scoff at that idea, but I always thought he was incredibly entertaining. He was a terrible in ring worker, but he was a great entertainer.

He has a gimmick like Ron Simmons when he can just appear on a backstage segment and gets a pop. I think he deserves it.

Yes because sticking the belt on the old guys worked so well for the AWA and WCW didn't it? :rolleyes:

I would have no problem with HHH as champ, just as long as he defends it and loses it to a younger guy like Reigns or Ambrose and isn't to long. Plus you can't compare 80's AWA and 90's WCW to current day WWE. The older guys now are in much better shape then back then.

Yes because sticking the belt on the old guys worked so well for the AWA and WCW didn't it? :rolleyes:

In WCW's case, it coincided with the second-biggest boom in wrestling history, so I'd say it worked out okay. It was more an issue of staleness in '99 leading to over-correcting.

AWA was similarly able to consistently draw around Verne for literally decades; it was having their talent raided in the mid-80's that killed them (after Verne had gone into semi-retirement), during a time when they were putting the belt on guys under 30 like Rick Martel and Curt Hennig.

Putting the belt on veteran wrestlers had nothing to do with the demise of either.

AWA went under because primarily WWF kept stealing their talent along with Verne Gagne doing some good old fashioned embezzlement with their funds.

WCW went under due to a mix of shoddy Russo-esque booking decisions and a poisionous backstage environment.