The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

To me, the entire story has been The Authority screwing Roman. You don't need the title for that story. I would've rather had Bray win. Brock is pissed that he was screwed and chases Bray until Mania. Roman could've re-entered the title picture after beating HHH. I just can't see a good reason to have the title on Hunter. That's what I'm most disappointed about. The rest of the show was solid.

The match was built up to screw Roman though, no better way than for the dudes who have been against him to take his belt. I'm looking at this purely as a dude brought back for the Rumble. I'm excited for Mania because of this event.

I might be in the minority too but I don't think HHH/Reigns will be terrible. It won't be a MOTY candidate but really? If you're expecting that, you're expecting too much.

Great show besides the mega predictable ending... So HHH vs Reigns at WM. Reigns overcomes the odds to win. Im sick ofReigns. Im sick of the Authority. Im tired of them both. Reigns is pure crap. HHH is retired/semi retired and winning a rumble? Way to bury the entire roster. For once I would like to see WWE build a rumble where the winner isnt obvious for once.

The match was built up to screw Roman though, no better way than for the dudes who have been against him to take his belt. I'm looking at this purely as a dude brought back for the Rumble. I'm excited for Mania because of this event.

I might be in the minority too but I don't think HHH/Reigns will be terrible. It won't be a MOTY candidate but really? If you're expecting that, you're expecting too much.

I have no expectations. :p

I leave them to be dealt with at EWR.

Great show besides the mega predictable ending... So HHH vs Reigns at WM. Reigns overcomes the odds to win. Im sick ofReigns. Im sick of the Authority. Im tired of them both. Reigns is pure crap. HHH is retired/semi retired and winning a rumble? Way to bury the entire roster. For once I would like to see WWE build a rumble where the winner isnt obvious for once.

I agree

and now do you feel the same? completely predictable.

I don't actually - if that's not been obvious by prior postings :p - but I'm not looking at this as anything more than a part time fan. No doubt the endless hours of TV will dull this high I'm on but I just sat and watched what I thought was a really good show. The undercard was great - a Last Man Standing match that had an actual LMS finish! Kalisto/ADR put on a nice little match. Tag titles match was fun. Outside of Ric's stuff, Charlotte/Becky was great and the post-match has me hyped for what is to come.

Even the interactions in the Rumble itself. Owens vs The World. Brock/Wyatts. HHH/Reigns. I'm excited for all of this. Hoping we get Brock vs Harper at one point because that's just going to be a vicious and ugly brawl.

I'm surprised the reaction for the ADR/Kalisto match has been mostly positive. I thought it was a total dud. Once they botched once it felt like they were botching everything for the rest of the match.

Other than that, I enjoyed the rest of the show. Could've done without a retiree winning the Rumble, but disappointing winners are par for the course at this point.

It was great to see AJ, I'm hoping his interaction with KO is the start of a feud between them.

I'm surprised the reaction for the ADR/Kalisto match has been mostly positive. I thought it was a total dud. Once they botched once it felt like they were botching everything for the rest of the match.

Other than that, I enjoyed the rest of the show. Could've done without a retiree winning the Rumble, but disappointing winners are par for the course at this point.

It was great to see AJ, I'm hoping his interaction with KO is the start of a feud between them.

I agree. I thought the match was poor. I also cared in no way about this match because I've seen in multiple times on tv the past couple weeks, and they hot shotted the belt. So ADR won the first one, Kalisto took the title in the second one, ADR regained in the third, and now Kalisto won the title again. 50/50 booking, yet again. Trash. I was actually genuinely happy when he won the title and stopped caring about him the very next day when I saw he lost it.

That was a great Rumble. And it was the right finish for the story. Loved the Ambrose swerve. Loved the debut. Loved the Brock stuff. I was surprised at how good this PPV was.

BTW, a fresh HHH coming in at #30 and winning is not burying the entire roster. It's like whenever anyone the IWC doesn't want to win wins there's a burial. He made Ambrose look like gold, and he's going to make Reigns look great at Mania. This isn't an ego trip for HHH, this is natural progression of a story.

Why is HHH is still winning titles? This was utter trash him getting the nod. I'm sorry I spent most of my 20's seeing him with a belt I don't want to see him in my 30's as well. Ambrose would have been a much better story. I'm done with the Mchmahon-Helmsley story regurgitation. I had a bad feeling HHH would win it but I didn't think they were that dumb.

It would have been better if HHH was used to pull Roman away from the title. All this does is keep them both in it. Bray vs. Ambrose would have been a damn fine WM main event.....rant over i guess but this is starting to feel like 2014 all over again to me. HHH can't stop wrestling and CM Punk the day after rumble walks out.

Why is HHH is still winning titles? This was utter trash him getting the nod. I'm sorry I spent most of my 20's seeing him with a belt I don't want to see him in my 30's as well. Ambrose would have been a much better story. I'm done with the Mchmahon-Helmsley story regurgitation. I had a bad feeling HHH would win it but I didn't think they were that dumb.

It would have been better if HHH was used to pull Roman away from the title. All this does is keep them both in it. Bray vs. Ambrose would have been a damn fine WM main event.....rant over i guess but this is starting to feel like 2014 all over again to me. HHH can't stop wrestling and CM Punk the day after rumble.

It's the Rumble, Mania is 2 months away - they're pushing Reigns as the face of the WWE. I would have loved an Ambrose or Wyatt or Brock win, but this is the way it had to be. Bottom line is Ambrose vs. Wyatt isn't selling tickets as a Mania ME with the way those guys have been inconsistently booked.

Reigns vs. HHH for the belt isn't ideal, but it's the way to go for what we have set up right now. They did it tastefully and no one important got buried in the process.

It's the Rumble, Mania is 2 months away - they're pushing Reigns as the face of the WWE. I would have loved an Ambrose or Wyatt or Brock win, but this is the way it had to be. Bottom line is Ambrose vs. Wyatt isn't selling tickets as a Mania ME with the way those guys have been inconsistently booked.

Reigns vs. HHH for the belt isn't ideal, but it's the way to go for what we have set up right now. They did it tastefully and no one important got buried in the process.

.....I have as much hate for Hunter as Warhawk does for Roman...this is not a conversation you want to have with me. HHH should not be winning titles in 2016....HHH should be giving rubs not being the champ at 46. This is about as dumb as when Vince won the rumble. I know I was the same guy that said Stone Cold should win it but that would have atleast been fresh. It's kind of sour to me if the guy who wins the rumble to become champ is one of the bookers. It's like giving yourself the Employee of the Month award.

.....I have as much hate for Hunter as Warhawk does for Roman...this is not a conversation you want to have with me. HHH should not be winning titles in 2016....HHH should be giving rubs not being the champ at 46. This is about as dumb as when Vince won the rumble.

Gotcha :p . I'll leave it be then. While I agree it isn't ideal, I don't think there's anything wrong with it with the state of the storylines heading into the PPV.

Gotcha :p . I'll leave it be then. While I agree it isn't ideal, I don't think there's anything wrong with it with the state of the storylines heading into the PPV.

I edited my previous post to elaborate but I'm going to bed....no hard feelings but I'm already let down by Mania and Fastlane isn't here yet.

I personally found the Royal Rumble to be an insanely entertaining show. Everyone worked their asses off and the night was full of good matches, fun surprises, and some good story telling. Ah well, can't please everyone I guess.

Triple H is someone who I don't want as champion in 2016, but the story is at least good in my opinion. It makes sense in a story telling sense and in a business sense.

As great as Ambrose would be as champion, it's not like people are going to line up to see him headline Wrestlemania. Triple H has name value him putting over Reigns in the main event at Wrestlemania makes Reigns look stronger.

Rumble was great from top to last 10 minutes...then it turned into mass effect 3 for me. Why does Triple H have to headline mania? Dosen't Vince trust his other stars? Are the Mcmahons the wrestling version of Reapers? Triple H winning the belt....what color should the universe blow up in red, green or blue?

Triple H is someone who I don't want as champion in 2016, but the story is at least good in my opinion. It makes sense in a story telling sense and in a business sense.

Triple H was someone I didn't want to see as champ in 2006 let alone 2016. To this day I can call one of his matches spot for spot and that is not a good thing. Guessing by that crowd reaction AJ Styles needs to be put front and center. They didn't need the title to be a good story. It would have been compelling enough without it because now everybody is playing the justification game.....sorry now I'm going to bed.

was pretty disappointed here, how long will it take wwe to realize that the key to a good rumble is unpredictability If most of us can guess the finish going into it it feels like a slow slog until that happens, at least keep the other possibilities around 'till the end,why was bray out quite a bit early compared to the few others we felt had a chance, with brock it made sense, as they were setting up a feud and took people off guard, the way i see it the crowd reaction tells the story here, roman and trips got boos and silence, bray, brock and aj and ambrose were who the crowd cared for the most here there were others as well. the rumble has pissed off the crowd 3 years in a ****ing row.

Triple H got cheered when he made his entrance and cheered whenever he interacted with Reigns. This crowd was even more Reigns friendly than most are.

I agree that the story didn't need the title, but it adds more importance to the feud.

Like I said the other day, there wasn't even a remote chance that someone other than Reigns, HHH, or Lesnar was going to win. Being predictable isn't always a bad thing. Quite a few people were made to look like stars tonight in my opinion. Kalisto, AJ, Ambrose, and Owens all came out of the Rumble show looking like legit stars regardless of the results of the match.

In my opinion the show was good, quality stuff. With that said, I still think there's problems. I didn't exactly like the Last Man Standing match but I don't like most in WWE because of how tame they are. When I see a "Lunatic" like Ambrose I would think he thrives in these no disqualification type enviorments, I would think his matches are filled with all sorts of crazy spots and the like, Chair shots to the head, some blood, some tacks, barbed wire. I'm just tired of these matches having chairs to the mid section, thrown into the ring steps, Kendo sticks to the mid section and some table spots. I'm expecting crazy stuff where they go through the entire building and everything. Like I said, it just seemed really tame. The US Title match I liked, a botch or two is all I noticed and it was a good match, good story, although I think Del Rio looked a bit weak, but Kalisto looked like a star. I always enjoy the "ripping of the luchador's mask" thing because it allows the commentators to go into the reason for a Mask and the respect, makes it seem very important, as it should be. Not much to say about the Tag Match except that the finish seemed a bit too clean for me. Unless Xavier actually moved Kofi's foot, the camera seemed to miss that if it happened. I just think The New Day are the type of heels that talk of big game and cheat to win. Although the clean ending does give WWE the opportunity to move New Day away from the Uso's and on to another team, but who. The Diva's Title match was good, better than I expected. Really loved Sasha coming out in front of the Orlando crowd and getting a huge pop. As for the Rumble, I think it was booked beautifully. My only complaint with it is that Rusev looked super weak getting eliminated so easily. I'm excited about AJ in WWE and marked out for all the teaser's they threw at us with him. Loved Zayn coming out and getting it on with Owens. Hopefully Zayn stays up and I'm so excited for the on going feud that Sami and Kevin will have for many years. As for the ending I think it was really good. Roman get's eliminated and not exactly screwed out of it... mainly due to his lack of selling the attack from earlier. I think that Roman vs Triple H needs the title in it because if it doesn't have the title the story is over. The Authority doesn't want Roman to be the champ, if anyone but Trips or Roman wins the title that story is over, because the catalyst for the feud is no longer there, sure you can still have Roman and Haitch go at it because Trips wants his revenge for the assault laid on him by Roman but that would be better suited to main event Fast Lane with that story. Anyways, I enjoyed the Rumble and am excited for Wrestlemania.

Triple H got cheered when he made his entrance and cheered whenever he interacted with Reigns. This crowd was even more Reigns friendly than most are.

I agree that the story didn't need the title, but it adds more importance to the feud.

Like I said the other day, there wasn't even a remote chance that someone other than Reigns, HHH, or Lesnar was going to win. Being predictable isn't always a bad thing. Quite a few people were made to look like stars tonight in my opinion. Kalisto, AJ, Ambrose, and Owens all came out of the Rumble show looking like legit stars regardless of the results of the match.

reigns had been getting cheered recently, but it's been getting weaker every raw, now there booing him again... the beloved face of the company right there...

importance that could better be placed elsewhere.

first off my complaint was about the rumble match not the rest of the show, the rest of the show was great, I agree with you that predictability isn't always bad thing but the rumble match is a time where it is, when you advertise the match every year and say "anyone can win" i know you don't really mean that, but i do expect it to be unpredictable, instead we get the one thing so many of us expected... I also don't have a problem with trips vs roman at mania but as the main event... it just make me sad.

I don't think that Roman should have slept through another 20 minutes of a long match. That's kind of his thing now. More often than not, when he's in a big, long match we know he's going to get taken out only to come back and do his big moves and get his cheap, mildly enthusiastic pop.

I hate that they left Dean dangling there to have Triple H win the damn belt. It's like, "Hey, we know you guys really want this one to win, but tough, because we know the main event you REALLY want to see is Triple H vs Reigns." Thats how I felt anyway. in the moment at least.

Upon reflection, I kind of like that I hated that Dean was left last. That was actually a decent piece of psychology as i found myself thinking Dean had a shot. I thought of the cool build Dean vs Roman could have. Just as I was getting excited the big bad Triple H unceremoniously dumped him out. Seeing as Triple H got some cheers (he's going to anyway we're happy to see him... he's a damn legend) it helped solidify him as someone we don't particularly like. Someone who gets in the way of the people we like because he wants the power for himself. That's Triple H's character and I'm fine with the writing of it. He's always been obsessed with controlling the title. It makes a lot of sense.

I don't hate HHH vs Reigns at all. In fact I think it needs to happen. But to me, it's not a big Wrestlemania main event to be excited about. We know Triple H will do the right thing and let Roman go over, and there's no drama there. Had Ambrose won, we'd have another new star rising who gets his first Wrestlemania main event and gets to have his first title reign in a build to Wrestlemania. How cool is that? We'd have all those fun story lines that could happen with their history together. So many cool options. But no, we'll get more "Roman will defy the odds against whatever The Authority can throw at him... only this time it's PERSONALLLL" match. Yay.

Oh and it looks like we'll get to see Bray Wyatt job to Brock so that should get everyone's underwear moist.