The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Santana Garrett's entrance theme sounds like.....a remix of Emma's? The similarity is extremely obvious when they faced each other last episode. Was that deliberate?

Probably a placeholder theme. Or they sign her to a contract and she joins Emma and Dana. If Asuka beats Bayley at Takeover it would be a good storyline for Emma to create a stable to try and take Asuka down.

Eh, seems nothing more than an indy worker trying to cash in on something WWE is doing to get a bit of a buzz. I HIGHLY doubt WWE would hire an outside photographer to do that shoot and then also allow said photographer to release the pictures before the debut of said new gimmick.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone think Ambrose can actually win? HHH is gonna be strong regardless. Ambrose losing a bitch match prior to facing Lesnar wont help him. But Ambrose winning the title what happens with him vs Lesnar?<p> </p><p> Ambrose seems to be in a no win situation in terms of storyline. Why is he getting a title shot when Reigns is getting it at Mania? Whats the purpose of this PPV? </p><p> </p><p> Im also still confused as to why this is a thing since I didnt watch Raw. Also why is Lesnar vs Bray happening? They dropped the ball and are now bringing it back at this BS event? WWE botched WM heavily this year. This pathetic attempt to give fans what they wanted in the first place wont save WM.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Am I the only one that is assessing this as WWE keeping Ambrose in the World title picture?</p><p> </p><p> Yeah the matches are set at Mania, which means you can't circumvent around the upcoming results for Roadblock, but at least they're keeping Dean Ambrose in the title picture the way they're doing. That way after Mania, he could be viable enough as a title contender, whether HHH or Reigns wins.</p>

Am I the only one that is assessing this as WWE keeping Ambrose in the World title picture?

Yeah the matches are set at Mania, which means you can't circumvent around the upcoming results for Roadblock, but at least they're keeping Dean Ambrose in the title picture the way they're doing. That way after Mania, he could be viable enough as a title contender, whether HHH or Reigns wins.

Instead of caving into fan pressure like they did with Bryan, they are using Roadblock to have their cake and eat it, too. It won't stop Reigns getting booed at Wrestlemania, though.

Instead of caving into fan pressure like they did with Bryan, they are using Roadblock to have their cake and eat it, too. It won't stop Reigns getting booed at Wrestlemania, though.

They wouldn't have to "cave in" if they were truly listening in the first place. They have booked almost nobody on the heel side of the main event scene. It would have made the most sense to have turned Roman and then have a combo of Dean, Ziggler, and (I guess face?) New Day. Taking turns going after the title. Let Reigns get over as a heel Samoan Bad ass and maybe he will be more digestible as Samoan Goldberg.

I continue to groan when I keep seeing the direction this is going in.

An excerpt of a report I read on a recent Angle interview:

Kurt Angle participated in a Q&A at the London Film And Comic Con event on Saturday. Here is a recap of his comments from Reddit user SCFack:

He seems very keen on a return to the WWE on a part time basis. He expressed interest in a Team Angle reboot with Jordan and Gable. He said this would allow them to wrestle regularly in his place and he could just work the PPVs

He cites Chris Benoit as the best wrestler he has faced. He said it was like wrestling himself

He wanted to wrestle Daniel Bryan during his eventual comeback. He knows Bryan's doctor and said he was told Bryan wasn't healing how he should be.

He likes Roman Reigns, but feels he should turn heel since the crowd boo him. He understands the crowd's frustrations.

He said Vince wanted him to be serious from the get go. Bryan Gerwitz was writing all the comedy for him early on as well as for Edge and Christian and The Rock. He really put over Gerwitz. The character he played after he was shaved bald was what Vince wanted from the start.

The medals he wore at the start of his run were from Elementary School. This includes the ones Austin threw in the river. After about 3 years Vince had duplicates made of the Olympic medals. They had three and they cost $3000 each. One was stolen, Kurt has one and one is in the WWE warehouse.

He said bringing back Shane McMahon was the best thing WWE have done in 5 years. He said for Shane to come back after what happened he must "really love his family".

As a business they should give the fans what the fans want. I never got the whole, "Vince knows what what is right and the fans should just take what he gives them."

If there is a ground swell behind something the WWE should be adaptable enough to go with what the fans want because the fans are the customers.

As a business they should give the fans what the fans want. I never got the whole, "Vince knows what what is right and the fans should just take what he gives them."

If there is a ground swell behind something the WWE should be adaptable enough to go with what the fans want because the fans are the customers.

I don't have the figures to back it up but Bryan was probably doing better in merch sales 2 years ago than Ambrose is now in which case Vince made a smart business decision to change his plans and push Bryan. And Reigns is probably doing good merch figures right now or Vince wouldn't be pushing him hard as a babyface. Unfortunately, sometimes what's best for business is based on financial consideration not fan support. And sometimes Vince is just too stubborn and sticks to his guns past the point of no return.

Right or wrong, several people who have worked for Vince have confirmed that his mentality is that he'd rather have a guy who's half as popular that he got over than a megastar who he didn't create.

He's a control freak, and that includes controlling who gets over.

Sources include Matt McCarthy of the We Watch Wrestling Podcast (used to be a writer for WWE) and a couple of Meltzer articles which I can't find off the top of my head.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Devilb0y" data-cite="Devilb0y" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right or wrong, several people who have worked for Vince have confirmed that his mentality is that he'd rather have a guy who's half as popular that <em>he</em> got over than a megastar who he didn't create.<p> </p><p> He's a control freak, and that includes controlling who gets over.</p><p> </p><p> Sources include Matt McCarthy of the We Watch Wrestling Podcast (used to be a writer for WWE) and a couple of Meltzer articles which I can't find off the top of my head.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's totally believable, and to be honest I can understand why he would like it that way. I don't get where he would think he had anything less to do about Ambross though. Are you saying because the fans are behind Ambross, that Vince somehow thinks this is a bad thing for the company?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Big Boss Man is going into the Hall of Fame!<p> </p><p> YAY!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good stuff. One of my mom's favorites from back in the day. Really underrated. IMO.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Big Boss Man is going into the Hall of Fame!<p> </p><p> YAY!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Could not be happier. They just need to get Bam Bam in there now and all will be well. Two of the best big men in the business.</p>

Big Boss Man in the Hall of Fame? Hell yeah! Maybe Davey Boy Smith will get in too this year.

As for Vince McMahon being a total control freak, I am not surprised at all. He is so out of touch with the modern wrestling world. That is why I prefer TNA and ROH. Say what you will about TNA but at least they know when to give up on a bad idea when something or someone is not getting over.

Big Boss Man in the Hall of Fame? Hell yeah! Maybe Davey Boy Smith will get in too this year.

As for Vince McMahon being a total control freak, I am not surprised at all. He is so out of touch with the modern wrestling world. That is why I prefer TNA and ROH. Say what you will about TNA but at least they know when to give up on a bad idea when something or someone is not getting over.

Half of that war is fought for them to be fair. Why am I subject to a Matt Hardy push in 2016?