The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just caught this week's RAW. Was pretty shocked that Vince had the balls to sacrifice AJ's merch money in favor of a heel turn. I'm glad I have the Hulu version because it seemed to cut out alot of the stuff that people were complaining about this week.<p> </p><p> I'm curious of where this is going but it seems to me that they will just end up feeding the club to Cena and they get shot down to the mid card that now has a gaping hole from Cody, Sandow and others.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its Cena vs the Wyatts all over again...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its Cena vs the Wyatts all over again...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Except that AJ Styles vs John Cena is a dream match people have been asking for years now.</p><p> </p><p> And that Gallows and Anderson will most likely be better off if they beat The New Day for the tag team titles. (Preferably at Summer Slam)</p><p> </p><p> Also the chances Styles actually ends up buried because of this is zero to none because AJ is pretty much a made man in the wrestling world anyway.</p><p> </p><p> And what about the long-shot chance that a BULLET CLUB REUNION might come into play here?</p><p> </p><p> There's also the even longer shot chance that A.J might actually win clean ala Kevin Owens, you never know.</p><p> </p><p> See; the key phrase is "The bigger picture" which is something most people don't tend to see to.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm curious of where this is going but it seems to me that they will just end up feeding the club to Cena and they get shot down to the mid card that now has a gaping hole from Cody, Sandow and others.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good. The Club do not belong anywhere near the WWE main event scene. Just look at them: bland and average with no personality having forgettable matches and putting hashtags on their attire because those old men sure are hip and cool! Who would ever hashtag Karl Anderson's name FOR GOD'S SAKE.</p><p> </p><p> Yeah no, I'd be very happy if I never had to see their godforsaken act ever again.</p><p> </p><p> P.S. AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world and his match with Cena will rock. And he's 38, so it's not like he needs to win. Bray Wyatt needed to win, so the comparison between the two programs ends there to be honest.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Except that AJ Styles vs John Cena is a dream match people have been asking for years now.<p> </p><p> And that Gallows and Anderson will most likely be better off if they beat The New Day for the tag team titles. (Preferably at Summer Slam)</p><p> </p><p> Also the chances Styles actually ends up buried because of this is zero to none because AJ is pretty much a made man in the wrestling world anyway.</p><p> </p><p> And what about the long-shot chance that a BULLET CLUB REUNION might come into play here?</p><p> </p><p> There's also the even longer shot chance that A.J might actually win clean ala Kevin Owens, you never know.</p><p> </p><p> See; the key phrase is "The bigger picture" which is something most people don't tend to see to.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess this is kinda sorta still a "spoiler" but as to the Reunion:</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">NXT ran a very good promo where Graves moderated a "face to face debate" between Balor and Joe and when Finn was talking about his time in Japan Joe rolled his eyes and said something along the lines of "right, cause that was all you. You did all that on your own, right Finn?" and later there was something to the effect of "your upset because your boys aren't here to protect you from me, in NXT or in the Cage" and in General this interview Finn came off as fed up with having to put up with "someone like Joe"</span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> I dunno, maybe reading to much into it, but to me it was interesting they had Joe start to at least hint that Finn only had success because of the Bullet Club, and Finn was more arrogant then I've seen him in NXT promo's before </span></p>

Good. The Club do not belong anywhere near the WWE main event scene. Just look at them: bland and average with no personality having forgettable matches and putting hashtags on their attire because those old men sure are hip and cool! Who would ever hashtag Karl Anderson's name FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Yeah no, I'd be very happy if I never had to see their godforsaken act ever again.

P.S. AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world and his match with Cena will rock. And he's 38, so it's not like he needs to win. Bray Wyatt needed to win, so the comparison between the two programs ends there to be honest.

I think I know how the club's story will unfold....it's going to be AJ losing to John Cena at MITB. Finn Balor taking over "the club" renaming it Balor Club saying that AJ is too old and can't get the job done. This will drag out until Summerslam possibly even Hell In The Cell.

I think I know how the club's story will unfold....it's going to be AJ losing to John Cena at MITB. Finn Balor taking over "the club" renaming it Balor Club saying that AJ is too old and can't get the job done. This will drag out until Summerslam possibly even Hell In The Cell.

That sounds like the most logical thing to happen.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good. The Club do not belong anywhere near the WWE main event scene. Just look at them: bland and average with no personality having forgettable matches and putting hashtags on their attire because those old men sure are hip and cool! Who would ever hashtag Karl Anderson's name FOR GOD'S SAKE.<p> </p><p> Yeah no, I'd be very happy if I never had to see their godforsaken act ever again.</p><p> </p><p> P.S. AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world and his match with Cena will rock. And he's 38, so it's not like he needs to win. Bray Wyatt needed to win, so the comparison between the two programs ends there to be honest.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wouldn't say they are "old men" to be honest. Gallows is 32 (1 year older than Roman Reigns) and Anderson is 36 (3 years younger than John Cena and AJ Styles).</p><p> </p><p> I think they're actually extremely good at what they're doing. No nonsense, beat the hell out of people and leave the BS to other superstars. A bad ass team with no bells and whistles.</p><p> </p><p> I do think AJ needs to win the match with Cena or that's 4 PPV defeats on the bounce for AJ, and even if he has made a name elsewhere, in the minds of the WWE fans, it just says he can't cut it in their "Universe". AJ I'm sure doesn't care though as he's making enough for his family - and as he has said that is why he's wrestling. I'd say interest in AJ from the WWE fans will be close to zero if he loses to Cena.</p>

I wouldn't say they are "old men" to be honest. Gallows is 32 (1 year older than Roman Reigns) and Anderson is 36 (3 years younger than John Cena and AJ Styles).

I think they're actually extremely good at what they're doing. No nonsense, beat the hell out of people and leave the BS to other superstars. A bad ass team with no bells and whistles.

I do think AJ needs to win the match with Cena or that's 4 PPV defeats on the bounce for AJ, and even if he has made a name elsewhere, in the minds of the WWE fans, it just says he can't cut it in their "Universe". AJ I'm sure doesn't care though as he's making enough for his family - and as he has said that is why he's wrestling. I'd say interest in AJ from the WWE fans will be close to zero if he loses to Cena.

I think Styles will win at least one match with Cena on the first try (be it clean or by shenanigans) but ultimately lose the feud, (if it goes on for more than one PPV, which i'm sure it will) preferably because of Finn Balor. And then we'll probably move on to that feud.

That Rollins vs Reigns (teaser?) segment was awkward. Just bad. I get that they're Reigns silent, but a fully silent segment is just weird, at least the way this one was delivered.

They seem to be setting up the RAW vs SD! thing again for sure, and these could be exciting days. I hope the next WWE game has the theme again. It had its best days during the SD vs RAW era (barring the pre-E games obviously).

I also think the AJ vs Cena feud will go the way it went against Jericho, and not the way it went against "the guy". I even have a sparkle of hope he'll come out on top, but I'm quite naive so...

<p>Ariel Helwani has announced that Brock Lesnar is close to signing a deal to work UFC 200. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The UFC is in serious talks with former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to have him fight at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, multiple sources confirmed with MMA Fighting.<p> </p><p> Both sides are close to finalizing a deal, and if all goes well, Lesnar's return to mixed martial arts could be announced imminently.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Source: <a href="http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/4/11859804/brock-lesnar-close-to-finalizing-deal-to-fight-at-ufc-200" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/4/11859804/brock-lesnar-close-to-finalizing-deal-to-fight-at-ufc-200</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ariel Helwani has announced that Brock Lesnar is close to signing a deal to work UFC 200. <p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Source: <a href="http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/4/11859804/brock-lesnar-close-to-finalizing-deal-to-fight-at-ufc-200" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/4/11859804/brock-lesnar-close-to-finalizing-deal-to-fight-at-ufc-200</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't see the man going after any titles but it shouldn't stop him from collecting some big paychecks.</p>

<p>I wonder if Brock is really popping the ratings/buyrates, selling enough merch and creating enough mainstream buzz online to justify his huge contract with WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

With his moveset basically consisting of Suplex City, F5, knee strikes and the odd submission he's getting a bit stale. I'd rather they just use him at Wrestlemania like Undertaker.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="packerman120" data-cite="packerman120" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, if Brock is in UFC, then there is no way in hell is still with WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He still is. WWE gave their approval. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.flocombat.com/article/42411-brock-lesnar-returns-at-ufc-200" rel="external nofollow">http://www.flocombat.com/article/42411-brock-lesnar-returns-at-ufc-200</a></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Update:</strong> WWE confirmed that this is a one time deal and that Brock will be back for Summerslam.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="packerman120" data-cite="packerman120" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, if Brock is in UFC, then there is no way in hell is still with WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guarantee that WWE has an open contract with him or they would have announced his release. Honestly if he is winning fights in UFC it's only going to make him draw better in WWE. The smartest thing Vince could do is let Brock fight there occasionally but still keep him close enough to wrestle at Summerslam and Wrestlemania.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He still is. WWE gave their approval. <p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.flocombat.com/article/42411-brock-lesnar-returns-at-ufc-200" rel="external nofollow">http://www.flocombat.com/article/42411-brock-lesnar-returns-at-ufc-200</a></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Update:</strong> WWE confirmed that this is a one time deal and that Brock will be back for Summerslam.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huge kudos to WWE. But I want to know how much UFC paid Vince to do this. Thankfully Lesnar is staying with WWE also instead of just leaving.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="packerman120" data-cite="packerman120" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alright, okay, he still is under contract. But if he's fighting at UFC 200, surely he isn't wrestling at SummerSlam. Unless he absolutely dominates his fight, that is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes he is. I think they will give him someone relatively easy for this UFC fight I bet.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes he is. I think they will give him someone relatively easy for this UFC fight I bet.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh, it sure as hell won't be a top guy.</p>