The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<p>The man who beats WALTER should be Devlin after a slow babyface turn. Both of their OTT World Title matches are highly regarded.</p><p> </p><p>

1st match for free -

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/cZVtb7Ua3E4?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="🚨Free Match🚨 Jordan Devlin Vs Walter #WrestleRama2"></iframe></div></div><p>

Promo for the rematch -

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/YNv4fGQvKQQ?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="WALTER VS DEVLIN II #ScrapperMania 5"></iframe></div></div>

Trips really is undefeated at killing crowds stone dead and clearing the building.I feel like if they ran this card over two nights they'd have been much better off. Because the only thing you could hear during the ME was the girls calling spots.

I thoroughly enjoyed that Wrestlemania but the ending to the main event was super weird. It looked like they had to call an audible because it ended out of nowhere. No hyperbole here that was an all time great wrestlemania and this is coming from someone who hasn't been a fan of the overall product since like 2016.

<p><strong>Becky Lynch defeated Ronda Rousey (Raw) and Charlotte Flair (SmackDown)</strong> - Grade D-, I honestly have to watch the Wrestlemania 11 ME over to see if this beat it. Botched(or shoot?) finish that the commentators didn't know was coming. In a match that was so cold it was absolute zero. You could hear the girls screaming spots like it was a training match. And it was sloppy. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Finn Bálor defeated Bobby Lashley © (with Lio Rush)</strong> Grade: F - waste of time TV match, did nothing for nobody, didn't need to be on the card. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Baron Corbin defeated Kurt Angle</strong> Grade C - Crowd was fatigued but Kurt did the best he could with what's left of his broken body. Even got one last, don't do that Kurt, moment. Exceeded expectations</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Triple H defeated Batista</strong> Grade: 25mins of my life they owe me back. This was such a waste of human suffering. The crowd had no time for it, neither did I and people on twitter I follow in the building showed videos of people leaving during this match. Just SMH.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roman Reigns defeated Drew McIntyre</strong> Grade: D - This was a RAW after mania match. Nothing wrong with it. it was just a RAW after mania match.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Samoa Joe © defeated Rey Mysterio</strong> Grade N/A - If a guy is hurt, cancel the match. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kofi Kingston (with Big E and Xavier Woods) defeated Daniel Bryan © (with Rowan)</strong> Grade: A* This was the best match I've seen in WM history, and it's not close. I'm not sure it was better than White-Okada, but to be in that ballpark with the limitations that company puts on you? Unbelievable. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) defeated The Boss 'n' Hug Connection (Bayley and Sasha Banks) ©, Nia Jax and Tamina, and The Divas of Doom (Beth Phoenix and Natalya)</strong> Grade: A - This was a great match. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Shane McMahon defeated The Miz</strong> - Grade C+ - Hokey, and stupid. But massively exceeded expectations.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) © defeated Aleister Black and Ricochet, Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura (with Lana), and The Bar (Cesaro and Sheamus)</strong> Grade C - Good match, same o;e Usos stuff I've seen for 15 years or w/e. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AJ Styles defeated Randy Orton</strong> Grade C+ - Best stuff between the two but still far below what Styles is capable of. It's time to call a spade a spade. Randy Orton isn't a top-level guy.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar © (with Paul Heyman)</strong> Grade: B+ I predicted a 3min squash match... but I didn't see this coming, so yay?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trips really is undefeated at killing crowds stone dead and clearing the building.I feel like if they ran this card over two nights they'd have been much better off. Because the only thing you could hear during the ME was the girls calling spots.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did not watch the show (I do not recall the last WM I saw) but yeah HHH needs to go somewhere. He is not relevant anymore (I would argue that he never really was), he should just keep to the backstage and allow more interesting workers to have their time to shine.</p><p> </p><p> The whole Kofi being the first black champion (people on Twitter are saying this, not the company to my knowledge)...what the what? So Mark Henry, Booker T, and the Rock do not count? Okay...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did not watch the show (I do not recall the last WM I saw) but yeah HHH needs to go somewhere. He is not relevant anymore (I would argue that he never really was), he should just keep to the backstage and allow more interesting workers to have their time to shine.<p> </p><p> The whole Kofi being the first black champion (people on Twitter are saying this, not the company to my knowledge)...what the what? So Mark Henry, Booker T, and the Rock do not count? Okay...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was hamfisted because everything they do is, but it was over him standing in the ring with his kids after having that match drowned it out, perfectly for me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did not watch the show (I do not recall the last WM I saw) but yeah HHH needs to go somewhere. He is not relevant anymore (I would argue that he never really was), he should just keep to the backstage and allow more interesting workers to have their time to shine.<p> </p><p> The whole Kofi being the first black champion (people on Twitter are saying this, not the company to my knowledge)...what the what? So Mark Henry, Booker T, and the Rock do not count? Okay...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Apparently in their book, Rock doesn't count because they put him with the Samoan family, and Mark Henry and Booker T won the World Heavyweight title, not the WWE title (or maybe the other way around?) so Kofi is the "first" black champion in this lineage.</p>

<p>Smarkamania was entertaining. Most of the weakest matches were OK or at least fun. Nothing I hated except Angle vs Corbin and Rey squashed too quickly. I'm happy with most of the results. MOTN was Kofi vs Bryan. I was still super into Becky vs Charlotte vs Ronda even if it was sloppy.</p><p> </p><p>

I only took 2 breaks, once after the pre-show and once after Kofi vs Bryan which is crazy because I never watch live and still usually take several multiple breaks for PPVs half the length. Still, cut a few matches next year or make it a 2 day event.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know nothing will come of it and they're just trying to legitimize him for the chamber, but nothing would make me happier than Kofi winning after his performance on Smackdown.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They actually did it, the absolute mad men. Not gonna lie, I teared up. Wrestlemania was worth it for that match alone.</p>

Hope Dash Wilder doesn't get into too much trouble. But he did suckerpunch a restrained, defenseless man, even though it was fully deserved...

Think it was actually Teddy Hart, not Dash.

Best Wrestlemania in years, good booking other than Reigns beating McIntyre which was utter BS.

I really hated Cena burying Elias. Who does that help? And being meta and self-aware about it doesn't make it better.

Apparently in their book, Rock doesn't count because they put him with the Samoan family, and Mark Henry and Booker T won the World Heavyweight title, not the WWE title (or maybe the other way around?) so Kofi is the "first" black champion in this lineage.

I think that's right. Mark Henry and Booker only won the WHC, not the proper WWE championship with all the history and lineage. Rock is obviously half black / half Samoan, so I guess Kofi is the first fully black world champion. Which is a cool thing. It's actually amazing that it's taken til 2019 for that.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They actually did it, the absolute mad men. Not gonna lie, I teared up. Wrestlemania was worth it for that match alone.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Match of the night, by far. To me, that was the main event and the crowd believed it too. I don't think they'd have been as hot if it went on last, after 7 hours of pre-show and wrestling before them. One reason the "main event" the past few years haven't been the greatest in my opinion. The crowd is absolutely dead by that point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Drew McIntyre jobbing to Roman Reigns was worse</div></blockquote><p> Definitely the wrong result. I can just about accept it since Drew did dominate for most of the match and looks strong in defeat. I would rather have seen him go over though.</p>

<p>Post-WM rumors:</p><p> </p><p>

- Styles has a minor injury.</p><p> </p><p>

- Ronda broke her hand during the match.</p><p> </p><p>

- Originally Becky was going to tap out Ronda but someone made the decision not to do it because Ronda's never tapped out in her Judo/MMA/Wrestling careers before. So they went for a simple pin finish.</p><p> </p><p>

- The only botch was that Ronda's shoulder accidentally came off the mat during the ref's count.</p><p> </p><p>

- There are tentative plans for Rousey vs Lynch at WM36.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Post-WM rumors:<p> </p><p> - Styles has a minor injury.</p><p> </p><p> - Ronda broke her hand during the match.</p><p> </p><p> - Originally Becky was going to tap out Ronda but someone made the decision not to do it because Ronda's never tapped out in her Judo/MMA/Wrestling careers before. So they went for a simple pin finish.</p><p> </p><p> - The only botch was that Ronda's shoulder accidentally came off the mat during the ref's count.</p><p> </p><p> - There are tentative plans for Rousey vs Lynch at WM36.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Translation, Vince thought he could get her back for another match, sacrificed the moment for tomorrow. Which, in retrospect was the right call, the right finish wouldn't have got over anyway, everybody was trying to beat the Uber surge. </p><p> </p><p> Ronda botched the whole sequence it was supposed to be all one fluid motion but she couldn't sit up with Becky on her shoulders and her hand was jacked so she had to crawl to the ropes like a dweeb and then Becky didn't have the momentum for a clean roll through and Ronda was too green to know she needed to force her shoulders down. That's my read from rewatching the finishing sequence a few times. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I wouldn't count on Mania 36 unless you think she's a fertility goddess. She'd have to be already baking for that time table to work out with her back in shape in time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Translation, Vince thought he could get her back for another match, sacrificed the moment for tomorrow. Which, in retrospect was the right call, the right finish wouldn't have got over anyway, everybody was trying to beat the Uber surge. <p> </p><p> Ronda botched the whole sequence it was supposed to be all one fluid motion but she couldn't sit up with Becky on her shoulders and her hand was jacked so she had to crawl to the ropes like a dweeb and then Becky didn't have the momentum for a clean roll through and Ronda was too green to know she needed to force her shoulders down. That's my read from rewatching the finishing sequence a few times. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I wouldn't count on Mania 36 unless you think she's a fertility goddess. She'd have to be already baking for that time table to work out with her back in shape in time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To be fair on Ronda, her hand was broken and her leg was gashed and swollen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Drew McIntyre jobbing to Roman Reigns was worse</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Definitely the wrong result. I can just about accept it since Drew did dominate for most of the match and looks strong in defeat. I would rather have seen him go over though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right result, wrong match. Roman had to win the match - a face returning to singles action after conquering a life threatening illness losing? Not going to happen. Putting him up against Drew was the mistake. If Drew gets the win back (on TV, with interference) it might work, but I'm not really sure what's next for Reigns.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="eayragt" data-cite="eayragt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right result, wrong match. Roman had to win the match - a face returning to singles action after conquering a life threatening illness losing? Not going to happen. Putting him up against Drew was the mistake. If Drew gets the win back (on TV, with interference) it might work, but I'm not really sure what's next for Reigns.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> MitB win, Summerslam ME. It's so obvious, that that's the plan, they'll get him back in shape over this year and make sure he's ready, everybody is expendable to make that goal happen.</p>

<p>I thought I was the only one who ever noticed the green shirt guy who sits in the front row of every major event. I also thought I was the only one who ever noticed the Geddy Lee twin who is usually sitting in the front row with I assume his mother. But I guess I am wrong, people all over the internet noticed them.</p><p> </p><p>

I just wonder how can they afford to go to all of these shows around the country and pay to sit front row at each of these shows? Also, why would they want to (that is more on me not enjoying the product, if you enjoy it and can afford to go to all of those shows by all means do so).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought I was the only one who ever noticed the green shirt guy who sits in the front row of every major event. I also thought I was the only one who ever noticed the Geddy Lee twin who is usually sitting in the front row with I assume his mother. But I guess I am wrong, people all over the internet noticed them.<p> </p><p> I just wonder how can they afford to go to all of these shows around the country and pay to sit front row at each of these shows? Also, why would they want to (that is more on me not enjoying the product, if you enjoy it and can afford to go to all of those shows by all means do so).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dad's probably in the microloan business.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MitB win, Summerslam ME. It's so obvious, that that's the plan, they'll get him back in shape over this year and make sure he's ready, everybody is expendable to make that goal happen.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But what does he do now, until MitB? Just stomp over Drew and Corbin for a while?</p>