The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

They need to trim the fat obviously, but the timing is just despicable. I know this isn't solely on Vince's hands, but this is right up his disgusting alley. 

Most of the talent will rebound just fine. There's plenty of alternatives these days thankfully. It would be neat for Shelton to join Archer and a returning Suzuki to do a mini Suzuki-gun reunion and trios title run. 

Dolph would be a big fish in a small pond if he joined NWA or Impact. I mean that in a good way. Not saying he'd bring in a ton of eyes to the products, but he'd bring some. NWA is holding a ppv in Cleveland, Dolph's hometown. I wonder when his non compete expires because that would be a cool as hell moment. 

To be fair, there rarely is good timing in firing a bunch of people. It sucks for them, but looking at them, I know at least Ali wanted out earlier so he might be happy, and he shouldn't have any trouble finding work. I think Brian Danielson loves him so he'll probably vouch for him.

Sucks for Emma and Moss who are getting married in a month.

Dolph, if he wants to continue wrestling I'm sure AEW will grab him asap. Shelton shouldn't have any trouble either.

Hopefully everyone lands on their feet eventually.

More cuts are coming, NXT later today and I'm sure we'll see a couple of more main roster releases over the next few weeks. There are plenty of wrestlers to release, such as the ones today, that won't affect WWE and their shows at all - not that I'm advocating it, just saying that it makes sense for the business side to want to trim the fat and streamline the expenses. Big corporations suck 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, James The Animator said:

Matt Riddle got released two hours ago. I can't say I didn't see this coming, but it's unfortunate for him. Read here.

He'll do fine if he can keep his nose coke free. Impact would be a good pace for him to rebuild his career. They're like a rehab center for pro wrestlers who eff'd up.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Watching Raw for the first time in awhile and holy crap, Nia's promo was so bad. I don't remember her being that bad at talking?

Felt like a meta promo, like she was being bad on purpose even. Not that it makes it any better.

7 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Earlier in the year, Sami Zayn main evented Elimination Chamber (not coincidentally, the highest viewed Elimination Chamber event ever) and Wrestlemania. Now, Sami Zayn is doing the pre-show for Crown Jewel.

People complain when the Kickoff match means nothing, and they complain when WWE puts on a match with an actual storyline that is worth watching. Oh well...

8 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Earlier in the year, Sami Zayn main evented Elimination Chamber (not coincidentally, the highest viewed Elimination Chamber event ever) and Wrestlemania. Now, Sami Zayn is doing the pre-show for Crown Jewel.

AEW was doing pre-shows with Bryan Danielson. The match is meant to bring people in, they way WWE had been doing the kickoff under Vince made no sense.

• Like 1