The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I know. I mean I get why they went that way. This way they have a name for him that they can control but yet is still close enough that those who are already familar with him still know it's him. The thing I don't get is Bryan as a last name. Why not add the T at the end? Bryant has always sounded better as a last name to me than just Bryan or Bryans.

I remember last fall telling ppl they should name him Daniel Bryant.

Arrest warrant issued for Jericho (Failure to show up at his hearing for the public intoxication charges from a few weeks back).

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100216/SPT/302160040/Report++Warrant+issued+for+WWE+star

EDIT:

He apparently called in, pled guilty and paid his fine as well:

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/WWE-Wrestlers-Plead-Guilty-Pay-Fine/FtUyEMivQkOLQ9eCR4qG2w.cspx

So with ECW closing tonight and NXT debuting this is apparently the roster:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/130047/Roster-For-WWE-NXT.htm

Roster For WWE NXT

Posted by Larry Csonka on 02.16.2010

See who is set for the show…

- According to Pwinsider.com, the following talents are scheduled to be on the roster for WWE NXT:

* FCW Champion: Justin Angel

* Daniel Bryan

* Kaval

* Skip Sheffield

* Joe Hennig

* Brett Dibiase

* Darren Young

* Heath Slater

* Michael Tarver

Read that early, some of them look good. Only thing I'm not fond of is Brett Dibiase b/c im beginning to like Ted and I'm afraid they will side track him with Brett instead of letting him shine on his own as an individual (as of now I see WWE putting him over Rhodes when they eventually feud to end Legacy or Priceless w/e they are)

So, who will be the 'Pros' who get paired with the 'Rookies'? I'm guessing that people like Matt Hardy, Finlay and Charlie Haas will be in the training roles, rather than HHH and Cena?

Hopefully. Cena & Co don't need more screentime or character development. A good 'trainer' role could do wonders for folks careers. Maybe Charlie Haas is an awesomely entertaining guy.

I'm sorta bummed Croft & Baretta got called up before this came about. They strike me as fun guys who'd do well on a show like this. Better than jobbing to Cryme Time at any rate.

I noticed it said for season 1. Meaning that they go through the "program" and then get assigned to a brand? Intresting if that is how it works. If it is a "reality" program i wonder how they are going to handle guys like lowki who has been wrestling for 10+ years and was a big name in tna. Wonder if they will address that.

I noticed it said for season 1. Meaning that they go through the "program" and then get assigned to a brand? Intresting if that is how it works.

See..if that's how it works, I'm on board. Because that seems genuinely interesting. I'm worried it's going to be like the last round of Tough Enough where everyone was already playing a character and it was "worked-reality"

Here are some of the pairings: SPOILERS

*Chris Jericho mentoring Wade Barrett.

*Matt Hardy mentoring Justin Gabriel.

*MVP mentoring Skip Sheffield.

*Carlito mentoring Michael Tarver.

*Miz mentoring Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan Danielson) - No, really.

*Christian mentoring Heath Slater.

• CM Punk and Darren Young

Other coaches include R-Truth, and Morrison. The show is also scheduled to run 16 weeks long and will be teams of heels vs faces

fire him so he can come back home? lolz. Same goes for Danielson to a lesser extent.

Never understood why people would want that. I know it's hard to believe, but even if a wrestler DOESN'T like the WWE, it would be nothing but good for them to make a name for themselves with that product... It would open alot more doors then what is already open, and better pay on top of it. Not saying that either of them couldn't get a job tomorrow working for TNA, but if they establish a name in the WWE, you know they would be able to go to a company like TNA with a better contract, and position for that matter.

Just saying, if you like a wrestler, I would think you would be very happy with them getting on a WWE show.

most wrestlers would do almost anything ANYTHING to get a shot at the wwe even if it is for a short time. look at what a basic wwe contract pays. 250k is nothing to sneeze at. when you figure a worker on the indy level is lucky to pull down 20k a year. if they work for multiple promotions.

Here are some of the pairings: SPOILERS

*Chris Jericho mentoring Wade Barrett.

*Matt Hardy mentoring Justin Gabriel.

*MVP mentoring Skip Sheffield.

*Carlito mentoring Michael Tarver.

*Miz mentoring Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan Danielson) - No, really.

*Christian mentoring Heath Slater.

• CM Punk and Darren Young

Other coaches include R-Truth, and Morrison. The show is also scheduled to run 16 weeks long and will be teams of heels vs faces

Actually, think about it. Does Danielson need much mentoring? Would he benefit with Jericho, or would Wade benefit better with someone like Jericho?

To me it makes sense, and I understand where other's might not think so, but I have to state that this is exactly how I would do it. I would pair up my bigger names with the more unknown wrestler's, and the ones that do have a name outside of the WWE I would pair with my lesser talent, perhaps they could learn from each other. ON a reality show, it will probably make Danielson look alot better with MIZ as his mentor (meaning, he might outshine Miz, where Jericho is not going to be easy to outshine).

Just saying, I think it makes sense.

See..if that's how it works, I'm on board. Because that seems genuinely interesting. I'm worried it's going to be like the last round of Tough Enough where everyone was already playing a character and it was "worked-reality"

That isn't how it's going to be though because every single one of these guys are FCW Talent's with characters coming in.

Last ECW Champ

...and that, my friends, was Vince McMahon laying an Ezekiel Jackson-sized turd on the gravedirt of ECW.

*sarcastically claps*

For what it's worth, Tiffany (Taryn Terrell) was EXTREME-ly hot when she did her run-in. God, that was hot.

Well, I guess the next question is...

Will NXT be in the next SvR game?

Actually, think about it. Does Danielson need much mentoring? Would he benefit with Jericho, or would Wade benefit better with someone like Jericho?

To me it makes sense, and I understand where other's might not think so, but I have to state that this is exactly how I would do it. I would pair up my bigger names with the more unknown wrestler's, and the ones that do have a name outside of the WWE I would pair with my lesser talent, perhaps they could learn from each other. ON a reality show, it will probably make Danielson look alot better with MIZ as his mentor (meaning, he might outshine Miz, where Jericho is not going to be easy to outshine).

Just saying, I think it makes sense.

I agree that it makes sense but not with your reasoning

What is Danielson's weakness? Mic work, promos, character. So pair him up with the obnoxious heel and then he doesn't have to worry about. He gets over as a character by standing up to the heel that fans love to hate.

I've liked what I've seen out of a few of those FCW guys. I'm not sure many of them will work out to be stars, but guys like Slater and Angel might work out.

The Danielson-Miz thing is funny. then again, it could work for a good storyline. And honestly, Miz might be able to help out Danielson's mic work a bit.

I actually am looking forward to this. I haven't watched ECW in forever so atlesat this will peak my interest.

As far as the whole reality thing and FCW, remember the majority of WWE's target market doesnt even know what FCW is (or care enough to be bothered) so they can do w/e they want with it. I bet we will get atleast one start out of it, theyre throwing so many people to you at once someone has to hit that they didnt screw up...don't they? (fingers crossed)