The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I think not having lowki was a great movie. There is one dominate person on the show right now. That is danial........if you brough in ki would you want him to play second fiddle to him. Or would you want to take some screen from danial to give to ki?

Low ki would be a clear second fiddle. The only problem I have with the show right now is that no one seems that interesting beyond Danielson.

But of course, that could change as the show goes along.

We'll see...I just don't think it would've been a bad idea to have another more seasoned worker in this batch of rookies.

Low ki would be a clear second fiddle. The only problem I have with the show right now is that no one seems that interesting beyond Danielson.

But of course, that could change as the show goes along.

We'll see...I just don't think it would've been a bad idea to have another more seasoned worker in this batch of rookies.

The problem then is that you are splitting the focus. Whereas they could hold off on Low Ki and have a similar dominant dynamic on the next "season" of the show.

The problem then is that you are splitting the focus. Whereas they could hold off on Low Ki and have a similar dominant dynamic on the next "season" of the show.

Possibly. I guess the difference is I dont think the WWE sees Low Ki as a 'star' the sameway they do Danielson, so that even if he wereon next "season's" show he's not going to be the focus regardless.

lol,dont you just love how he rips into Darren Young.

What the show didn't accomplish: Making me ever want to see Darren Young again. Somebody put Ricky Ortiz, Mark Jindrak, Orlando Jordan into a blender. Stop giving me guys like this. Seriously. Stop it. They should've named him "Orlando Pippen." <- :D

I'll give it another chance, but i didn't like it. I just don't think the line between reality show and live show isn't going to be successfully straddled. The crowd was so dead the entire time, which added to the akward. I hope this dies soon and they just go back to the ECW format. I like seeing veterans mixing with rookies, but I'd rather it just be another brand as opposed to this non-reality reality show.

I liked David Otunga. The botch of the move isn't really all his fault as it was...um...Young? The human Troll. See. They look alike. I think Otunga could get a decent push from his look and his gimmick. Danielson is by far the top pick from everybody. I can't wait to see Justin Gabriel or Ryan Reeves. I'm rooting for Gabriel and Otunga to get a decent push after this. I've seen a couple of their matches in FCW and I enjoy their characters and matches.

As interesting as a concept as it is, you'd think they'd try to create something like the Generations in NJPW. You have the HHH/UT/HBK old guard, the Cena/Orton/Batista group, Legacy/Swagger/etc as a group and then these rookies. Not only could you have some feuds as one class tries to surpass another, but even within the classes it would create rivalries. Ki and Bryan could be kept apart until a PPV and then be presented like the Ultimate Fighter finale where the winner gets placed on one of the main brands.

To really advance book, you could have Ki win that battle and then Miz attack Bryan for losing. Ki gets a bump from winning and moving forward, DB gets to have a feud with the Miz before moving on. They've laid the foundation for two more stars (maybe not world champs, but two guys who people can get behind and like.

Just a thought.

As interesting as a concept as it is, you'd think they'd try to create something like the Generations in NJPW. You have the HHH/UT/HBK old guard, the Cena/Orton/Batista group, Legacy/Swagger/etc as a group and then these rookies. Not only could you have some feuds as one class tries to surpass another, but even within the classes it would create rivalries. Ki and Bryan could be kept apart until a PPV and then be presented like the Ultimate Fighter finale where the winner gets placed on one of the main brands.

To really advance book, you could have Ki win that battle and then Miz attack Bryan for losing. Ki gets a bump from winning and moving forward, DB gets to have a feud with the Miz before moving on. They've laid the foundation for two more stars (maybe not world champs, but two guys who people can get behind and like.

Just a thought.

I'd even have Miz cost Danielson the match.

Just finished watching NXT, and without reading any reviews or opinions... I was disappointed. I wanted to see a new style, a new format, a new way of doing wrestling. The show had its charm, but it didn't rock my world. It was same old WWE with a little twist. A good twist, but I got my hopes up for something groundbreaking. The ground didn't even crack.

- Danielson is better on the microphone than I expected. I'm not sure how he came off to those that don't know his history, but he was a great babyface to me. Miz, Striker and Cole were gigantic heels.

- Would have been nice if Mr 1.9 had actually... you know... knocked someone out. KO Slater to get the gimmick over, then walk into the Unprettier. Put him over as a powerful fighter, but lacking a veteran's ring awareness.

- CM Punk is a great, great man

- Is Punk's rookie black? Or very, very tanned? I have a wager going.

- Disappointed with Jericho vs Danielson. Wasn't expecting a 5-star match, but hoped for more than that.

- Sick table bump.

- I dug Jennifer Hudson's husband. Good heel gimmick.

Bit too much focus on 'personality' in my opinion, as in claiming that the rookies showing personality is the number one priority. It should matter in a behind-the-scenes kind of way, but in kayfabe it should all be about fighting ability... not to be confused with wrestling ability.

I haven't watched RAW in maybe two or three months, but I did catch Cole last night. Has he been favoring the heels on RAW or is this just a NXT only thing?

And I was glad that they did not have Matt Striker on play-by-play or color because I personally hate having to listen to him call a match. Not a huge fan of Josh Matthews either but I would much rather listen to him then Striker.

I haven't watched RAW in maybe two or three months, but I did catch Cole last night. Has he been favoring the heels on RAW or is this just a NXT only thing?

And I was glad that they did not have Matt Striker on play-by-play or color because I personally hate having to listen to him call a match. Not a huge fan of Josh Matthews either but I would much rather listen to him then Striker.

It's an NXT thing and there starting a storyline Michael Cole vs. The Internet Wrestling Community.

He's starting to be, after his dashing spear on Jericho and promos on SD! it's safe to say he's in a good spot babyface-wise. He gets the reaction and all. They'll only go from there now.

I think in some FCW show, they had Edge save Daniel Bryan from a beat-down, and raise hands with him afterwards.. won't be surprised if they do something similar with Bryan/Jericho/Edge. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the NXT show. Something different, but not too different. Exactly as it was pegged to be. I like David Otunga's look, he could go far.

Just watched NXT and Daniel Bryan didn't impress at all. He actually screwed up 3 different spots in that one match. I just see no way possible for him to get over huge in WWE. He is way to small and he isn't a Chris Benoit to get over with his in ring ability alone

I still hold out hope for him. He showed a great deal of promise to me.

Possibly. I guess the difference is I dont think the WWE sees Low Ki as a 'star' the sameway they do Danielson, so that even if he wereon next "season's" show he's not going to be the focus regardless.

While I agree that I doubt Low Ki would be a major focus next season regardless, I moreso meant that having Low Ki on this season and doing the same thing essentially as Danielson would take away from what they are doing with Danielson (or Bryan, whatever). Even if its clear that Am-Drag is the focus more than Low Ki, I just think it would take away to an extent.

Just watched NXT and Daniel Bryan didn't impress at all. He actually screwed up 3 different spots in that one match. I just see no way possible for him to get over huge in WWE. He is way to small and he isn't a Chris Benoit to get over with his in ring ability alone

There is so much I'd like to say in response to this, but it's mostly opinion and personal preference, so I'll refrain from that. But what spots did he screw up? I didn't notice anything.

So I'm popping around different sites, and ended up on the Rajah, which I occasionally glance at. And something caught my eye. Something that made me chuckle in that "wow, I know it's kind of wrong, but I love that someone thought this" kind of way.

Now I preface this by saying I knew who Danielson was before his first appearance on NXT or even FCW. I appreciate Danielson. But this is still awesome to me, for some reason.

-- Vince McMahon was reportedly pleased with Daniel Bryan's performance on last night's premiere episode of WWE NXT as he felt they made him "a star" in one night as a result of his interaction with The Miz and match with Chris Jericho.
[Credit to Rajah, via Wrestling Observer newsletter, through however they obtained the info]