The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Question; if Danielson was legit fired and he doesn't have a 90 day clause (they don't if fired do they) then if you were TNA how much money would you throw at him to get him at Slammiversary tonight?

Nope fired is also 90 days, see Anderson Anderson, Ken. Depends on the contract etc but generally is always 90 days.

They will but in 3 months unless they have the balls to challenge that rule. But as it is a paid 90 days no real reason to do it as a performer.

I could see a bypass to the clause if TNA are smart. Here goes

Have a mysterious character show up at Slammaversary. End of the show, said mystery person locks in say The Cattle Mutilation. Boom Danielson appears. TNA probably have the money to challenge the rule. WWE are feared in case some of their cast-offs will make it.

However, almost everyone and their dead giraffe knows this thing reeks of work.

heres something very interesting iv found on the WWE Corperate website they havent got anything about Danielsons release but they do have carlitos, maby wwe are now using wwe.com as an extension of there tv shows and all real wwe news will be at there corperate website

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/releases_2010.jsp

Doesn't really mean anything, as they're only required to announce firings related to wellness issues.

found this

Virtually no wrestlers, reporters or fans would be shocked if Bryan Danielson showed up on RAW this Monday, but as of press time, the going word is that his WWE release Friday was, in fact, legitimate.

As was noted early Saturday morning on Prowrestling.com, the actual story going around is that Danielson was fired in response to the scene on Monday’s RAW in which he graphically choked out announcer Justin Roberts with his tie (a scene which was edited from later re-airings of the Invasion angle). While no one is doubting that there were other people responsible for the image–Roberts for making the cartoon-like face, the cameraman for capturing the action and the directors and producers that let the image hit the air–the word, according to F4WOnline.com, is that a very influential entity with a connection to WWE (believed to be a sponsor, affiliate or business partner) complained and that someone had to be the scapegoat.

Similarly, there is not necessarily any rationale being given for why Danielson, specifically, got in trouble for a scene that hardly ranks as WWE’s most violent or offensive of all time–it simply came down to the reality that Danielson’s actions were the ones that angered someone in a position of power.

There have been loose reports that Danielson broke a “no visual strangulation” rule that was put in place after the Chris Benoit tragedy, but it is not clear that the entity responsible for the complaint was actively thinking about Benoit at the time. Further, because this would not be the first time someone’s in-ring actions have created a connection to Benoit (Shawn Michaels, for instance, used the crippler crossface on television long after the assumed Benoit double-murder-suicide), it is not certain that the connection, alone, could get someone fired in 2010.

There has been no indication that WWE officials are holding Danielson in serious contempt; F4WOnline.com sources, in fact, say he was given the impression that the door would be open for a return down the road once everything blows over. Both the WWE executive rank and independent wrestling promotions have, however, been told he will become a free agent once his non-compete expires, so it does not seem that, at least as of press time, WWE anticipates the “cooling off” period being a week or two.

Of course, there still exists the small possibility that the release story is an elaborate work or that WWE will quickly rethink its decision and turn the release into a work. But if it is, it would mean that WWE is also working some of its most influential employees in the process, as multiple sources all maintain that some of WWE’s most senior individuals, in addition to the creative team, were assured he was gone.

Well, I decided to sleep on the whole Danielson thing and come back with a different outlook. The more I think about it and the more I look at it from different angles... I'm starting to believe he truly was fired Friday. All this time I was thinking it couldn't be possible because Vinnie Mac had to approve what happened and he was said to be ecstatic about the angle. After seeing people talk about him getting fired "without a contract" since he didn't win NXT, the more I believe he actually was fired. He didn't win NXT so he wouldn't be under contract in the angle and therefore the release can't be part of the angle.

It has to be because of Linda's campaign and someone outside of the WWE who complained big time. It's actually really disappointing now that I'm realizing the worst.