The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Cole/Bryan/Miz is leading somewhere I think.

The threat of Nexus is gone imo. Why would they beat WWE now, when they couldn't last night, when everything went their way. Unless they add somebody to the group, it's pretty pointless. Nexus really should have went over last night if they wanted this program to go on.

Just one loss doesn't make them look weak. Honestly, what does everyone think that losing at the PPV was the worst thing ever for the nexus? They're a team of rookie's who have made themselves known by attacking people like cowards (as a pack of wrestlers). They're going to lose. Sure, a win would have really put them over the hump; however, I don't think they are 'pointless' at this point.

Just one loss doesn't make them look weak. Honestly, what does everyone think that losing at the PPV was the worst thing ever for the nexus? They're a team of rookie's who have made themselves known by attacking people like cowards (as a pack of wrestlers). They're going to lose. Sure, a win would have really put them over the hump; however, I don't think they are 'pointless' at this point.

What is their point then? Everything was stacked in their favour last night. 5 of team WWE were taken out by others, one way or another. They still couldn't win. How are they supposed to look like a threat now. I don't really get the rookie thing either. Loads of guys shoot straight to the top(Sheamus most recently) so why should they be cut a break for being "rookies".

What is their point then? Everything was stacked in their favour last night. 5 of team WWE were taken out by others, one way or another. They still couldn't win. How are they supposed to look like a threat now. I don't really get the rookie thing either. Loads of guys shoot straight to the top(Sheamus most recently) so why should they be cut a break for being "rookies".

Sheamus is his own 'beast'. Honestly, I don't think he should have been booked the way he has thus far either. It seems more realistic to have a group of youngsters, ones who are the first class of this NXT show, to look like they are a little 'green' even post-show (NXT). Again, yes, a win last night would have been great in which to push them to the forefront but I don't think it was needed really. All it takes is a show like tonight, where they end up defeating alot of the WWE as they are, to make them look like legit contenders again.

I guess, what I'm saying is, them losing at the PPV is not the end of the world for nexus. Yes, this storyline needs to go somewhere now that they have lost; however, I'm holding my thoughts about the matter until after I've seen where they're taking it. A loss could be better for them all together; from a storyline perspective as it may evolve the story all together.

Sheamus is his own 'beast'. Honestly, I don't think he should have been booked the way he has thus far either. It seems more realistic to have a group of youngsters, ones who are the first class of this NXT show, to look like they are a little 'green' even post-show (NXT). Again, yes, a win last night would have been great in which to push them to the forefront but I don't think it was needed really. All it takes is a show like tonight, where they end up defeating alot of the WWE as they are, to make them look like legit contenders again.

I guess, what I'm saying is, them losing at the PPV is not the end of the world for nexus. Yes, this storyline needs to go somewhere now that they have lost; however, I'm holding my thoughts about the matter until after I've seen where they're taking it. A loss could be better for them all together; from a storyline perspective as it may evolve the story all together.

I guess thats my point. Storyline wise, I don't know where they could go from here. Target the titles?

I guess thats my point. Storyline wise, I don't know where they could go from here. Target the titles?

Yea, from that standpoint I get ya. They do need to do something with the group now that a big loss like that has happened. I, for one, wouldn't mind to see someone lose tonight so that way some fat 'is trimmed'. That way they could say, next week, that we are 'new and improved' since losing our dead weight. Maybe, in the end, those who are cut from the group could 'see the light' and join Daniel Bryant in which to feud with those who are still in nexus? Then again, if they go that route, then I'm afraid that the group will dwindle in the backround as the storyline won't be as important as Cena vs. nexus.

Either way, something needs to evolve just for the sake of the storyline in general. That being said, a simple loss won't 'kill the group'. It does call, though, for a shift within the fray.

Its like Cole gets worse every freaking week...

I don't know, Lawler is really bad, so it doesn't help Cole to not sound like a complete idiot. Cole/Stiker interactions sounded okay or at least much better than anything involving Lawler.

Summerslam was really average overall, pretty much what the card looked on paper. Orton/Shaemus and the main event were above average, while the rest of the card was forgettable. I'm not sure what is the appropriate way to go with the Nexus angle. I mean, it's a single loss, why would they change anything in their behavior ? It's not like the RAW lockerom is finally united or like Bryan's going to crush them all. The 7vs7 didn't have any kind of stipulation either, so I never saw the big deal out of it anyway. They need to come up with something to justify a change of pacing at least, maybe some internal dissension in the Nexus after this loss, which is probably the only way this group is going to end anyway.

I'm still not sold on most of the Nexus guys either. I can see a valuable asset in Barrett, he could be someone of high calibre some day; Gabriel will probably make a decent midcarder down the road; Slater has a strange form of charisma that can save his ass a couple of times; but the others, not so much.

I'm still not sold on most of the Nexus guys either. I can see a valuable asset in Barrett, he could be someone of high calibre some day; Gabriel will probably make a decent midcarder down the road; Slater has a strange form of charisma that can save his ass a couple of times; but the others, not so much.

I agree with you here. Wade is someone who really has an aura to him; even early in his career. A great delivery and a calm, and cool, demeanor. Gabriel has the look, and the athleticism, to be a strong midcarder (as you said). However, outside of that, they all seem pretty bland to me actually. That said, with more development, they could all be good characters. Then again, the WWE doesn't really produce characters much anymore. Sure, you have some characters but I miss the days where everyone had a specific gimmick (vs. bad ass).

Well that raw was pretty bad the whole show and only two clean wins? I have to question the booking here.

I agree. Miz getting involved in the Bryan match made sense, but having Slater and Gabriel win by count out was pointless. Especially in Gabriel's case, as they could have used anyone from the roster in place of Hart. Why not give him a clean win over, say, Evan Bourne or Tyson Kidd or someone like that?

I agree. Miz getting involved in the Bryan match made sense, but having Slater and Gabriel win by count out was pointless. Especially in Gabriel's case, as they could have used anyone from the roster in place of Hart. Why not give him a clean win over, say, Evan Bourne or Tyson Kidd or someone like that?

Yea I liked that they used miz in the Bryan match because that is a feud I want to see. And even Kidd in place of Bret would have made since or DH Smith. But like you said it was pointless and another thing your world champion was used on this show for about two minutes he's not going to get over like that they need to do more with him and put him in Main Events to even make him and the title look credible

They needed to put Orton/Sheamus on the show. They probably had to have the two overlap due to time constraints.