The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Last year at this time there were rumors that Warrior might be going into the HOF. How crazy would it be if it was Ultimate Warrior? :D

Otherwise, Rock or Justin Bieber are my guesses.

Vince Sr.'s driver is in their HOF, so I would not be shocked to see anyone go in there. That HOF is a total joke.

Personally, I really apply X-Pac heat just to X-Pac... any other use just stretches the definition.

You mean you wouldn't apply it to Nintendo's Wii campaign, Raiders owner Al Davis, Lakers role player Luke Walton, or Wesley Crusher? Aren't these textbook examples? I guess you don't write for TVtropes. Also, I agree with you.

You mean you wouldn't apply it to Nintendo's Wii campaign, Raiders owner Al Davis, Lakers role player Luke Walton, or Wesley Crusher? Aren't these textbook examples? I guess you don't write for TVtropes. Also, I agree with you.

Actually, Wesley Crusher cuts it pretty close... but still, no. He's not X-Pac.

Okay I do not have an opinion on X-Pac heat in regards to if it is true or not. I mean I personally have always disliked him (and all of DX for that matter), and this is not me coming on here to disagree with you because we often tend to disagree.

All that being said I do believe that if there was such a thing, Al Davis is a prime candidate for it. I just read a poll on Yahoo a couple of days ago that listed Al Davis as the most hated person in pro sports. And I thought to myself, "Why?".

Besides his recent firing of Coaches, what relevant thing has he done in the NFL in the past twenty years or so. I can see some older fans being bitter towards him because he was the commissioner of the AFL, he has moved the Raiders twice, and his team used to be a safe haven for players that other teams did not want. However, that is all in the far past. Now he is just an old man that has not done much, a yet people still hate him.

Even though I am a Yankees fan, when he was alive I could understand why many hated George Steinbrenner for all the things that he did. However, he was almost always relevant in baseball for the most part. Al not so much.

Random thing to point out. I almost booked a trip to this year's Wrestlemania. For about a week in October I was pricing everything up, getting ready to pull the trigger. So glad I decided to save my money, as I've never been less interested in WWE programming. I've seen some predicted Wrestlemania cards, and they do absolutely nothing for me.

I've always said I must go to at least one Wrestlemania in my life, and 2012 is in Miami... Which was always my favourite flavour of CSI. We'll see if anything happens in WWE to get me back into it, as otherwise I'd be spending £500 on a plane ticket for RoH and Dragon Gate USA.

Random thing to point out. I almost booked a trip to this year's Wrestlemania. For about a week in October I was pricing everything up, getting ready to pull the trigger. So glad I decided to save my money, as I've never been less interested in WWE programming. I've seen some predicted Wrestlemania cards, and they do absolutely nothing for me.

I've always said I must go to at least one Wrestlemania in my life, and 2012 is in Miami... Which was always my favourite flavour of CSI. We'll see if anything happens in WWE to get me back into it, as otherwise I'd be spending £500 on a plane ticket for RoH and Dragon Gate USA.

I'm shocked that you even considered it in the first place. Then again, I'm absolutely awed in positive way from your behavior. :)

Well ROH usually follows Wrestlemania around, I am not sure if they are doing a show in Atlanta this year (I assume they are). If you were to go see it you could catch the ROH show down there. I am happy that ROH is coming back up here in March, they put on one hell of a live show.

I do agree with you, I thought about going to Atlanta this year myself but I just do not care enough about the WWF to do so. I even thought about going last year as well but it had more to do with it being in Phoenix than anything else (I have always wanted to go to Phoenix for some odd reason.).

I have not watched a Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 22, and it does not bother me in the least.

Maybe the HoF is a worthy event in-it-of-itself? I always liked WWE's HoF.

I have no problem with the HOF as an idea, despite what I said before. I just wish it would be more like a real Hall of Fame, and not a place where only people who Vince is currently not mad at will get in. Also, I there are a ton of people that just do not belong there.

Koko B. Ware? Nothing he did in the WWF merits him being in the HOF. In fact nothing he did before or after merits him being in there.

I have no problem with the HOF as an idea, despite what I said before. I just wish it would be more like a real Hall of Fame, and not a place where only people who Vince is currently not mad at will get in. Also, I there are a ton of people that just do not belong there.

Koko B. Ware? Nothing he did in the WWF merits him being in the HOF. In fact nothing he did before or after merits him being in there.

While I don't disagree... well I agree, mostly, but this is WWE's own HoF, and by extension, Vince's HoF. It's not like he's doing something really wrestlecrappy with it.

The fact you mentioned Koko B. Ware before Pete Rose is very upsetting.

I forgot about Charlie Hustle.:D Yeah he is the poster child for people who should not be in their HOF. Now he does belong in Cooperstown but that is a topic for another thread...

Wasn't WM18 in the Toronto Skydome?

Yes and six was also held up there. I wonder if it has something to do with the climate up there. I did read that the high amount of taxes they would have to pay was the main reason. However, much like the Super Bowl, I wonder if they want to keep it in places that are warm.

I just want to add, Vince is running out of people induct. There's only so many legends he knows or wants to induct before he has to find outside inductions.

One induction he badly wants, but can't get, is Bruno Sammartino. As for why he can't get him, I think it's a combination of factors, but I think the main reason is he has become extremely conservative these days. He really has come to come to the conclusion that old-school (read; 1970's) wrestling was the best era of wrestling. Not surprisingly, to me, he's a Kurt Angle fan.

I just want to add, Vince is running out of people induct. There's only so many legends he knows or wants to induct before he has to find outside inductions.

One induction he badly wants, but can't get, is Bruno Sammartino. As for why he can't get him, I think it's a combination of factors, but I think the main reason is he has become extremely conservative these days. He really has come to come to the conclusion that old-school (read; 1970's) wrestling was the best era of wrestling. Not surprisingly, to me, he's a Kurt Angle fan.

There is a ton of bad blood between Bruno and Vince from the stuff that I have watched and read. I am not sure if it is one sided on Bruno's part or if Vince as ill will against Bruno as well.

Some of the things I have heard are that Bruno was not happy with the way his career was put on the backburner near the end of his career. He was not happy about the rampant amount of steroid and drug use in the WWF locker in the 1980's. There were other stuff but that is what comes to my mind right now at 4 in the morning.:D

There is a ton of bad blood between Bruno and Vince from the stuff that I have watched and read. I am not sure if it is one sided on Bruno's part or if Vince as ill will against Bruno as well.

Some of the things I have heard are that Bruno was not happy with the way his career was put on the backburner near the end of his career. He was not happy about the rampant amount of steroid and drug use in the WWF locker in the 1980's. There were other stuff but that is what comes to my mind right now at 4 in the morning.:D

You are correct about all that, but the thing is, if Vince had a HoF back then, and he asked Bruno back then, he would have done it.

Nowadays? No way. I think Bruno's was always a traditionalist at heart. His age has made it more so.

I can't confirm the validity of this because I like my computer to work properly, but PWI's Elite section is apparently claiming that the newest candidate for main event of Wrestlemania is Undertaker vs. Triple H in a Streak vs. Career match with Shawn Michaels as referee.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but they'd better start building it up ASAP. Time's starting to draw short.

That could make for some awesome segments, and would be a worthy headliner on name power alone, but the match couldn't hold a candle to the HBK matches it would inevitably be compared to and neither man would be doing anything to help out the younger talent.

If it's the case, fine, but would HHH really put his career on the line? With HBK being taken out last year, surely it'd be too telegraphed to do at Mania. Go for Summerslam and career vs. career, fine, but a month's build for a match of that magnitude seems very short.

I hate the idea that it would be a career vs streak match. HHH vs Taker would be good though without that stipulation. Then Sheamus vs HHH for HHH's career on the line. Sheamus could add that to his WWE resume. It would help make Sheamus that much better I feel.

It would add to his resume but it wouldnt sell like this HHH vs Undertaker rumor would. The way Sheamus has been pushed lately very few people would believe he could end HHH career. They are going to need a headliner as I dont think a Miz or Edge championship match can headline an event this big.

Personally Ive been waiting for Cena vs Taker at WM.