The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I agree i think hbk got what he wanted lost fair and square and retired. Thats what i got out of the storyline. They could make this about hhh wanting to 1 up hbk and so something he nor anyone else could do.

I will agree, though. There is potential for a relatively interesting story where Trips is portrayed as selfishly being mad about HBK leaving and blaming Taker for it, as long as Trips played the heel in it.

Problem is HHH is retiring and I dont see him wanting to go out a heel.

Like... I guess they could go the easy route and have Undertaker insult Shawn's manhood or something. Except that Trips already called him out. Oops.

On the other hand, Cole is heeling it right up. I'm impressed.

EDIT: Welp, there goes the farm.

Cole vs. Lawler,

Trips vs. Taker...

My main problem with this is that Sheamus put Triple H on the sidelines for such a long time, and Triple H has just returned without seeking retribution. Undertaker's feud with Kane ended abruptly when Nexus helped to bury him alive, yet The Undertaker won't be getting retribution on either of them at the moment. My first impression is that this just seems too random.

Has Christian been a main eventer at any point since he's been on Smackdown? If the answer is no, why would he be boosted to the main event for Wrestlemania of all pay per views?

Edge & Christian is a WAY bigger draw than Del Rio, no matter how much they've been trying to push him everywhere.

Stone Cold, Booker T & Trish on TE

The Rock, Triple H and Undertaker on Raw

Do you see the pattern? WWE is seeing the need for Attitude Era stars in order to really get the buyrates going. Del Rio vs Edge and Cena vs Miz simply don't have enough substance to do it by themselves.

Edge & Christian is a WAY bigger draw than Del Rio, no matter how much they've been trying to push him everywhere.

Stone Cold, Booker T & Trish on TE

The Rock, Triple H and Undertaker on Raw

Do you see the pattern? WWE is seeing the need for Attitude Era stars in order to really get the buyrates going. Del Rio vs Edge and Cena vs Miz simply don't have enough substance to do it by themselves.

Wow, even I didn't see that...you are correct, they ARE depending on past stars right now...

Why is the WWE so desperate now? The situation has been like this for years...