The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

What do you guys think will be the title match at Capital Punishment? Looks like a triple threat or a fatal four way, not sure what I'd prefer in all honesty. Think it's pretty obvious we will see a Christian heel turn soon, hopefully sooner rather than later, his face promos just don't do it for me compared to his 2005 work.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nathers7" data-cite="Nathers7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you guys think will be the title match at Capital Punishment? Looks like a triple threat or a fatal four way, not sure what I'd prefer in all honesty. Think it's pretty obvious we will see a Christian heel turn soon, hopefully sooner rather than later, his face promos just don't do it for me compared to his 2005 work.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Most likely Henry to come down to ring and attack Orton after he RKO'd him this week. Christian to come down and make the save and there you have your fatal four way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Had they had wanted to could WWE have signed Hogan, Nash, Hall, Goldberg and co. if they wanted to at the start of the invasion, or did their contracts with Time Warner prevent them from doing so?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They could have. If said men wanted to come work for Vince at a lower pay when they could just sit on their asses and get paid millions and keep their options open.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They could have. If said men wanted to come work for Vince at a lower pay when they could just sit on their asses and get paid millions and keep their options open.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you think any of them could have been convinced to join?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you think any of them could have been convinced to join?</div></blockquote><p> Not really in my honest opinion because the bulk of them that had the mega contracts also had the huge egos. No way Goldberg takes a salary 1/4th of what he makes and he actually has to be on the road.</p><p> </p><p> Even though a Goldberg/Austin angle would have made so much money</p>

In theory, Vince could have worked with them a little; put together a deal where they would work the big cities on house shows, in return for a 'only' getting a high six-figure guarantee, but in exchange get a good deal on merchandise and PPV payoffs where, when it's all added up, the would make close to or as much as their Time Warner deal, especially if the angle hit big. And even botched, the actual Invasion PPV did the record number of buys for non-Wrestlemania PPV.

The problems with that are Vince being able to put ego aside to do the Invasion right (which he didn't, and he's never done the outsider angle correctly because he can't make even a perceived outsider that he actually owns look good at the expense of his own guys) and the WCW guys either not having a passion for the business (Goldberg) or simply being lazy (Nash and Hall) and not wanting to get off the couch for less than a $1.5M per year.

Okay, so on this one wrestling site/forum I go to, I'm the admin there and I have my own little site where I post joke stories and such. One of them is this little "article" I started writing this about a year ago - albeit only got about a paragraph in... only just recently started working on it again. Thankfully, I still feel it's pretty relevant. It's all completely made up, of course, but I doubt I really have to tell you that... :p

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 30th, 2011

Z-News: WWE puts out a ban on concussions!

For a very long time now, concussions, and the repercussions (Rhyme~) they have on the post-career lives of professional athletes, have been a hot topic in many a sport. As well as the short-term pain and anguish, the head injuries sustained could potentially alter the rest of your living days, the effects ranging from memory loss to paralysis, and of course death. So it's really no surprise that athlete's unions and support groups have called for action from the commissioners of the professional leagues. The NFL Players Association, in particular, have been very vocal in their campaign in taking concussions out of play, and the NFL have responded with new guidelines and rule changes designed to both make concussions less likely, and change the way the injury is handled when it is sustained.

But the breaking news today regarding this issue doesn't have anything to do with the NFL. Rather, it is the WWE that is taking action, as word out of Connecticut today is confirming the rumors that have been buzzing around for months now. Effective May 1st, an official ban on concussions has been declared. Anyone that sustains a concussion while under WWE contract will receive a 30 day suspension on the spot. They are really putting their foot down with this, and are showing no mercy at all to those who break this rule. In fact, it is being treated as part of the wellness policy, and thus counts as a strike on one's record, three of which would get you fired. As is predictable, this news has spanned quite a reaction from many wrestling personalities. But not all of them are giving quite the response one might expect...

"I don't get what the big deal is with these concussions," said a perplexed Kurt Angle, as he was writing an autograph for an orange, who he claimed was his biggest fan. "I got three concussions before breakfast this morning, and I'm totally fine." When told of some of the risks concussions pose, Angle just scoffed it off. "Look," He explained. "some people are just total pussies about this kind of thing. 'Oh, help me, help me, I can't feel the right side of my body' - quitcherbitchin'! Seriously man, just because you think one time that you're going to die if you keep going a single inch further, you let that slow you down? Hell, I felt like that yesterday morning. My heart hasn't beaten in three years, for God's sakes! And you're going to complain about one little arm that you can't use anymore?! Ugh..." He shook his head in utter disgust, before proceeding introduce me to his biggest fan, Naranja.

She was delicious!

Angle wasn't the only one who would know about concussions. Mick Foley is another man that certainly knows what a concussion is like - or atleast, should. Unfortunately, talking to him about this let us know about the horrors of concussions in a way that we truly didn't expect.

"You're asking me about concussions?" Asked Foley with a quizzical expression on his face - as well as the slightest smile, strangely enough. "Now why would you think I'd know something about that? I've never had one of those. Nor have I ever been in danger of it due to my job. I mean, come on, I just sell shrimp out of a van." He continued, with an inexplicable chuckle.

It was worse than we ever could have imagined. After so many concussions, the poor man has completely lost his mind. He doesn't remember going through them, what he does... he likely has no idea who he even is.

He continued this disturbing behavior by suddenly blurting out, "Nah, but I think their place is in the right heart on this one." As if suddenly bringing up that which he just told us he forgot wasn't bad enough, his words were starting to be fashioned in a comedic switch. And once again, he ended his statement with an odd laugh. He went on to say, "The on-going concussion problems definitely need to be attended to, and while I'm not quite sure how effective this method will be, I'm glad to see they're atleast trying."

Of course, at this point, I had stopped listening to his insane ramblings. I offered my sympathies to the poor man, putting my hand on his shoulder in comfort, which just seemed to perplex him.

"Um, I don't think you're reading me right, here..." He tells me, much to my dismay. As if it weren't tragic enough, now he was speaking gibberish. "I was just screwing around with you."

Screwing around. This is poor Mick Foley's life now.

This heartbreaking experience told me all that I needed to know about this issue. It needs to stop, here and now. But unfortunately, even after the totally just banning on this horrid affliction, people are still making the career - and life - ruining mistake of getting concussions. Such was sadly the case with young Cody Rhodes at a recent SmackDown! taping. The injury reportedly occurred during a match with Kofi Kingston, in which young Rhodes took the Trouble In Paradise in a very bad way. He stumbled his way back - no officials wanting to help him, due to their utter disgust - where everyone's worst fears were confirmed.

"Let me tell you," Said a humbled Cody Rhodes. "this was the biggest mistake I've made since the time I decided that wearing knee pads on your ankles would make you look cool. Seriously, what the hell was I thinking? I think that kick knocked something loose, 'cause suddenly I realize I've been looking like a total douchebag for the longest time. But, um... wait, was I talking about?" Upon being reminded of the purpose of the interview, Cody continued, "Ah yes, the concussion... sorry, my head's a little screwy right now... sorry, my head's a little screwy right now... but, uh, this was really a humbling experience for me. I really don't think I'll ever do it again."

Not only was Cody suspended for 30 days, but just to make sure the message was sent home, he was also fined $500,000 of Daddy Dusty's money. "I've totally learned my lesson." Said Cody with a weak smile. Or, atleast, one half of his mouth was smiling. The other side wasn't really working very well.

On a related note, the wild allegation that Cody's concussion was in fact somehow the fault of Kofi Kingston has started to arise. In response, Kingston was quoted as saying "Noooooooooot even!"

But despite this reminder that concussions are most certainly not on their way out of the business quite yet, many are still very hopeful of the future now that this law has been passed. And no one seems more excited than the man that arguably started this movement in the first place.

"This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for." Stated a very pleased Christopher Nowinski. "You know, I'm just... so fulfilled by this news. It makes me feel like all of my hard work in this field has really paid off... y'know, for once. I mean, finally, people are taking concussions as seriously as they've been needing to. I've gone through these things first-hand, and let me tell you, it's just... it's just unGodly. I mean, I... I lost everything, man." He continued with a saddened sniff. "It was... it was like Heroin all over again..." He finished, with a bit of a whimper, putting his hand over his mouth, trying to calm himself down.

"Speaking of Heroin," he continued, after regaining his composure, "I plan on basically being the Nikki Sixx of Pro Wrestling. 'Cause I mean, we've both been through it all - he's sucked Heroin out of a fire hose, I've had fluids drained from my brain with a fire hose - and we've both set out to help those that made the same mistake we made, as well as help keep people from making them in the future. Heh, so yeah... you can just call me Harvard Sixx~!"

We most certainly will not be calling him Harvard Sixx.

However, despite all of Nowinski's hard work in advancing this movement, it seems that there are still some people out there that just don't understand - or even worse, perhaps just don't care. And one of those people are Rey Mysterio, who, like Cody Rhodes, recently sustained a concussion of his own. However, unlike Cody, he seems to have no remorse whatsoever for his actions.

"I don't understand," Said a dazed Mysterio. "I was in the middle of a match with Sheamus at a house show last week, and we had this spot where he basically hit a Giant Throw that sent me head-first into the ringpost. Somehow, this spot didn't go very well, and... everything got all fuzzy. The match was stopped, the medics helped me to the back, and... they really seemed concerned at first. But then one of them said it looked like I had a concussion, and then it was like... like they just stopped caring. They dropped me on the floor, and they just... they looked at me like I did something criminal."

"I was just so damned disappointed in him." Said WWE's Head Medic, Simon DeVries. "I mean I really thought he put those kinds of problems behind him. He hasn't had any issues at all since he was suspended back in August of '09. To think that he's getting right back into trouble... it's just... it's just, y'know, goddammit Rey..." The poor, obviously wronged man sighs in disappointment, before burying his face into his hand. He continued on, "Yeah, we were all worried at first... ugh, to think I actually almost cried for him, that's how bad it looked. But then we got the news... a concussion? A goddamned concussion?! Now?! This soon after they were banned?! I mean, it's like he's just taunting us! He just... he just... RAAAGH!"

Dr. DeVries proceeded to punch a hole clear through the wall in anger, waking up the sleeping ring rats - otherwise known as FCW Wrestlers - that were sleeping off fatigue in the hospital beds in the process. This only made the good doctor even more angry. "Now look what he's done!" Yelled Dr. DeVries. "He just woke up these poor, starving, orphaned, abandoned street urchins! How could he do such a thing?! What is wrong with this guy?!"

The bastard Mysterio, after hearing this, had the gall to pretend that he didn't understand, like the severe ******* that he is.

"I don't get why they're all mad at me about this..." Said the bastard. "Surely they don't think I got a concussion on purpose, do they? ...Man, how is it that the guy with a screwed-up head is the only one that isn't talking nonsense?!"

And what of the other man that was in the ring that night, the other half of this injury, who some claim shares qutie a bit of the blame? Well, Sheamus has said that he is rather conflicted about this whole ordeal.

"I'm rather conflicted about this whole ordeal." Said Sheamus. "I mean, on one hand, I feel kinda bad about hurtin' 'em. But on the otha hand, he did break the rules... and I mean, that's something that you just don't do, fella."

'Something that you just don't do, fella' indeed. And to show this pitiful masked fella just how bad his behavior was, the WWE not only suspended him, but also had his daughter Aalyah turned over to Child Services. Upon hearing this news, Mysterio, like a typical worthless junkie, somehow found a way to convince himself that this punishment was unjust.

"What the hell?!" Said an alarmed Mysterio. "H-how could they do something like that?! ...Seriously, how could they do that? There's no way they have that kind of authority! And why would- I mean... why?! I didn't even do anything wrong!"

'Didn't do anything wrong'?! Oh yes, and I suppose Osama Bin Laden - or Usama, if you're a total douchebag - didn't do anything wrong either!

"That's just disappointing." Said Harvard Sixx with a sigh, after hearing about Mysterio's comment. "I mean, it's disheartening to see that some people that have fallen ill to this vice are being so resistant to the obviously pure-hearted help that the WWE is offering them."

But it seems that some things just can't be taught...

"I... I just don't understand!" Said that bastard Mysterio. "What in the holy mother of God is wrong with all of these people?! Quiero decir, querido Señor, ¿qué diablos está pasando?!" Yeeeeeaaah, I'll chalk that last bit of nonsense up to the concussion...

"What could possibly give them the right do this to me?!" He continued. "How could they deport my little Aalyah?!"

I stopped him to remind him that she wasn't deported, but was rather handed over to Child Services, to which he replied, "What's the difference?"

...Welp, he's got me there... Zeel1™ here, signing out for Z-News.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kofi v Ziggler - Good win for Ziggler. Hope he takes the title off Kofi.

Like Alex Riley's entrance music. I'm praying for a No Holds Barred match between him and Miz at Capitol Punishment.

Mysterio v Punk - Punk's finally winning matches but will his PPV losing streak continue?

Kharma - What the hell are they going to do with the diva division for the next year?

Bourne v Swagger - Decent match between 2 wrestlers I like.

Cena v Truth - Truth's antics made this mildly entertaining. Good to see Cena lose.