The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I honestly can't see them letting him go now though. Would be really cool if something like someone else said happened... IF he took the title to ROH, and even if it's all just a "part of the plan" for the WWE, and something they want to do, it's going to be interesting to see if John Cena or someone goes to ROH to get the title back for storyline purposes, it would be the first cross-promotion storyline in I don't know how long.

I can't tell you how much I'd love to see John Cena show up in ROH for one night, in an unannounced surprise. It will obviously never happen, but the reaction that would generate would be so much fun.

I can't tell you how much I'd love to see John Cena show up in ROH for one night, in an unannounced surprise. It will obviously never happen, but the reaction that would generate would be so much fun.

Here the thing if they did that would have to edit the crowd, they would BOO him so bad it not funny.

My thoughts on how it would go? I'm glad you asked:D.

CM Punk goes to ROH with the WWE title. John Cena is fired (all a part of the storyline in a cross promotional deal, WWE "helps" ROH type thing). John Cena (masked) signs to ROH to get the title back (only way Vince will hire him back). Cena starts gaining support, since he's such a nice guy, by standing up for what is right here and there. The good guys start flocking over to Cena, the bad guys go with Punk, etc.

Anyways, it could all happen very quickly if ROH get their new TV Show deal soon enough (I think it's in November or something like that though..). No matter though, since WWE will be helping out, and having their "Glimpse into Cena's quest for the Holy Grail" (WWE TITLE). Finally getting the title match, in which he then reveals himself by taking off the mask (although it's obvious it is him).

Anyways, the match would be on PPV (WWE), but ROH would gain all the benefits of having WWE coverage, etc. Of course, the whole time Punk's really signed with WWE, but it would be fun of course.

Here the thing if they did that would have to edit the crowd, they would BOO him so bad it not funny.

Wouldn't that be the point though? Kind of like when Cena went to ECW: One Night Stand against R.V.D?

I think it would be obvious that the ROH fans would definately be booing Cena... but don't forget if people knew Cena was going to be there, Cena fans would probably show up... IF the word was out "via" WWE.

It would play right for the storyline though... I Mean, I don't see Punk getting boo'd much anymore, even in WWE, outside of his nack to say the right thing about people's hometown or sports teams. Pretty sure Punk is now a Stone Cold Face, so to speak.... I mean, he's automatically a face, no matter what they try to do with him now.

I think it would be obvious that the ROH fans would definately be booing Cena... but don't forget if people knew Cena was going to be there, Cena fans would probably show up... IF the word was out "via" WWE.

It would play right for the storyline though... I Mean, I don't see Punk getting boo'd much anymore, even in WWE, outside of his nack to say the right thing about people's hometown or sports teams. Pretty sure Punk is now a Stone Cold Face, so to speak.... I mean, he's automatically a face, no matter what they try to do with him now.

Chris much respect but I think you couldn't be farther off base in this post if you tried.

Cena in ROH and Cena fans flocking to ROH to see him? I don't think the 10 year boy's parents are going to take their kids to some high school gym packed wtih 18-24 year old male wrestling nerds just to see John Cena.

I also don't think ROH's television deal is going to be anything major from what I understand its a very small syndication programming thats going to hit and miss throughout the states.

Even if Cena fans did show up they've shown they're not louder than the anti Cena fans so the dude is still going to get booed out of the building and what would be in this for ROH?

They get some promotion and marketing from the WWE? They're a completely different product and fans of the WWE the casual fan who didn't know about them before is going to look at the gyms, the bad production and the "boring" wrestling and say "these guys suck".

ROH would be selling out their already rabid and dedicated fan base for a bit of WWE pub that wouldn't lead to any real change in business for them.

Not too mention John Cena might get hurt working a show in front of 300 people in a gym in some town nobody's heard of.

Also CM Punk a stone cold face? People CHEERED when they cut his mic off. This guy is easily the most hated heel since Triple H was able to gain relevant heel heat (2000?). I promise you that the next time you see Cm Punk on RAW he will get booed out of the arena and there won't be a hint of the phenomenon that turned Stone Cold into an uber face .Not only will he get booed but he won't have to resort to the city, sports team cheap tricks you suggested. He'll be booed the minute his music hits.

Punk would be cheered by an ROH crowd. Punk would represent wrestling and ROH while Cena would represent entertainers and the WWF. Of course Cena would be booed.

Chris much respect but I think you couldn't be farther off base in this post if you tried.

Cena in ROH and Cena fans flocking to ROH to see him? I don't think the 10 year boy's parents are going to take their kids to some high school gym packed wtih 18-24 year old male wrestling nerds just to see John Cena.

I also don't think ROH's television deal is going to be anything major from what I understand its a very small syndication programming thats going to hit and miss throughout the states.

Even if Cena fans did show up they've shown they're not louder than the anti Cena fans so the dude is still going to get booed out of the building and what would be in this for ROH?

They get some promotion and marketing from the WWE? They're a completely different product and fans of the WWE the casual fan who didn't know about them before is going to look at the gyms, the bad production and the "boring" wrestling and say "these guys suck".

ROH would be selling out their already rabid and dedicated fan base for a bit of WWE pub that wouldn't lead to any real change in business for them.

Not too mention John Cena might get hurt working a show in front of 300 people in a gym in some town nobody's heard of.

Also CM Punk a stone cold face? People CHEERED when they cut his mic off. This guy is easily the most hated heel since Triple H was able to gain relevant heel heat (2000?). I promise you that the next time you see Cm Punk on RAW he will get booed out of the arena and there won't be a hint of the phenomenon that turned Stone Cold into an uber face .Not only will he get booed but he won't have to resort to the city, sports team cheap tricks you suggested. He'll be booed the minute his music hits.

ROH would gladly accept the publicity from WWE. It's no different than your favorite local band accepting a big record deal. Money is a motivating factor in about 95% of peoples lives if I had to guess. If that wasn't true you would stick with a crummy job just to stay loyal and turn down promotions and such.

I don't think there will be a match between Cena and Punk in ROH though. Maybe a face to face confrontation. That would be cool and possibly the actual contract signing for a Cena vs Punk match at Summerslam!

After watching the press conference for the ROH/Sinclair deal that went up a few days ago, I'm going to go out on a limb (not really) and say that they're not going to turn around and actively participate in promoting a WWE storyline. But don't let common sense and logic stop the fantasy booking some of you have got going.

After watching the press conference for the ROH/Sinclair deal that went up a few days ago, I'm going to go out on a limb (not really) and say that they're not going to turn around and actively participate in promoting a WWE storyline. But don't let common sense and logic stop the fantasy booking some of you have got going.

Fun fact the Nexus was first created on June 1st 2010. So just one year ago this month eight guys jumped the railing on RAW and destroyed the set envoking people to have dreams of an nWo type of revolution. I'm sure if I went back a year there was all sorts of fun fantasy booking in here. In reality its been a year and Wade Barrett is the most successful member and he's currently buried deep on Smackdown long forgotten about as the main player he was presented as last year.

I can't tell if people really believe there will be something that happens with ROH or they're just saying "wouldn't it be cool in a fantasy world if" but if people really expect the WWE not to screw this up please don't get your hopes up. Every big angle they have had for ten years starting with the Invasion has imploded for them and this promo from Punk will wind up being the peak of this entire angle.

So yeah I agree with you.

Fun fact the Nexus was first created on June 1st 2010. So just one year ago this month eight guys jumped the railing on RAW and destroyed the set envoking people to have dreams of an nWo type of revolution. I'm sure if I went back a year there was all sorts of fun fantasy booking in here. In reality its been a year and Wade Barrett is the most successful member and he's currently buried deep on Smackdown long forgotten about as the main player he was presented as last year.

I can't tell if people really believe there will be something that happens with ROH or they're just saying "wouldn't it be cool in a fantasy world if" but if people really expect the WWE not to screw this up please don't get your hopes up. Every big angle they have had for ten years starting with the Invasion has imploded for them and this promo from Punk will wind up being the peak of this entire angle.

So yeah I agree with you.

Just a few ideas i'd like to add to this. I do agree with you Stennick (i generally do) but let's think this trough. WWE has screwed their big angles in the last ten years, that's right, and that's on Vince and his dufus son in law, idiotic daughter and the rest of Vince's yes men. I agree! But we've been 'begging' for a Steve Austin/The Rock type of superstar for years. You know...the type of guy that is actually capable of having a 3:16 moment. That may just have happened. And if it did, maybe not even Vince can screw this up.

Sure...i'm entering that dream world where the impossible happens...but hey...maybe i'm right. And i'm pretty sure that not even the Nexus debut or Matt Hardy's worked shoot were as big as this, contrary to what some of you guys said. So...the point in all of this beeing, maybe...just maybe, the WWE can't screw this up...no matter how much they 'try'.

Ups...i just woke up! :D

On a side note: Punk impersonating Shawn Michaels for a few seconds on that HBK/Nexus promo was hilarious. I enjoyed that promo and that brief impersonation. Was i the only one?

Just a few ideas i'd like to add to this. I do agree with you Stennick (i generally do) but let's think this trough. WWE has screwed their big angles in the last ten years, that's right, and that's on Vince and his dufus son in law, idiotic daughter and the rest of Vince's yes men. I agree! But we've been 'begging' for a Steve Austin/The Rock type of superstar for years. You know...the type of guy that is actually capable of having a 3:16 moment. That may just have happened. And if it did, maybe not even Vince can screw this up.

Sure...i'm entering that dream world where the impossible happens...but hey...maybe i'm right. And i'm pretty sure that not even the Nexus debut or Matt Hardy's worked shoot were as big as this, contrary to what some of you guys said. So...the point in all of this beeing, maybe...just maybe, the WWE can't screw this up...no matter how much they 'try'.

Ups...i just woke up! :D

On a side note: Punk impersonating Shawn Michaels for a few seconds on that HBK/Nexus promo was hilarious. I enjoyed that promo and that brief impersonation. Was i the only one?

My wife said he sounded just like HBK when he did that. Your not alone, lol.

@Stennick: It's all a "Wouldn't it be cool" thing, nothing more. I don't think for a minute that anything I said would happen, it's all just a fantasy.

And I agree that no matter if Cena fans showed up or not, Cena would be boo'd over top of any cheers he got. Has nothing to do with the whole over-all fantasy booking though. Fact, it would probably fit the storyline very well.... WWE title goes to ROH, Punk becomes ROH hero, Cena is the enemy coming in trying to win a spot to get it back. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN: It's just a fun thought, at least to me.

The only way any of that would happen, is on WWE programming anyways, which means Cena would be in his element, and ROH wouldn't... IF anything even remotely similar happened in the real world, that's the only way I see it going... Kind of like ECW worker's showing up on WWF programming, not the other way around. I don't see it going on in the first place, but any remote possibility would have it on WWE not ROH.

I just like the thought of it going the other way, just for fun.

EDIT: And yes, every summer they come up with something to get everyone buzzing about it, to help their ratings. Summer is traditionally a slump in ratings, so they seem to do something yearly right around this time to get viewer interest.

My wife said he sounded just like HBK when he did that. Your not alone, lol.

@Stennick: It's all a "Wouldn't it be cool" thing, nothing more. I don't think for a minute that anything I said would happen, it's all just a fantasy.

And I agree that no matter if Cena fans showed up or not, Cena would be boo'd over top of any cheers he got. Has nothing to do with the whole over-all fantasy booking though. Fact, it would probably fit the storyline very well.... WWE title goes to ROH, Punk becomes ROH hero, Cena is the enemy coming in trying to win a spot to get it back. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN: It's just a fun thought, at least to me.

The only way any of that would happen, is on WWE programming anyways, which means Cena would be in his element, and ROH wouldn't... IF anything even remotely similar happened in the real world, that's the only way I see it going... Kind of like ECW worker's showing up on WWF programming, not the other way around. I don't see it going on in the first place, but any remote possibility would have it on WWE not ROH.

I just like the thought of it going the other way, just for fun.

EDIT: And yes, every summer they come up with something to get everyone buzzing about it, to help their ratings. Summer is traditionally a slump in ratings, so they seem to do something yearly right around this time to get viewer interest.

Indeed he did sound like HBK. I really lmao when he did that.

Edit response: They usually make something up for the summer, i was thinking about that too, as obviously this is the 2011's summer creation. Wich probably means that Punk has already signed (or agreed to sign) an extension, but, just like it happened in the shoot, Vince is probably the only one knowing it. I just don't see Vinnie Mac dropping the ball on a chance to make money and controversy. So allowing Punk to shoot that way and not coming to an agreement would be counter productive. Vince may be a lot of things, but he's not an idiot in what comes to business. Allowing a guy to insult him in his own show, as well as insulting his personally created icons, and then letting him leave would be pretty morronic!

Indeed he did sound like HBK. I really lmao when he did that.

Edit response: They usually make something up for the summer, i was thinking about that too, as obviously this is the 2011's summer creation. Wich probably means that Punk has already signed (or agreed to sign) an extension, but, just like it happened in the shoot, Vince is probably the only one knowing it. I just don't see Vinnie Mac dropping the ball on a chance to make money and controversy. So allowing Punk to shoot that way and not coming to an agreement would be counter productive. Vince may be a lot of things, but he's not an idiot in what comes to business. Allowing a guy to insult him in his own show, as well as insulting his personally created icons, and then letting him leave would be pretty morronic!

I think most think if he leaves, it's just temporary time off... Maybe a three month Hiatus or something.

Then again, I here he is good friends with MVP, and I think MVP is doing OK in NJPW (I don't know for a fact, but that's what I heard). Never know, maybe he heads there for a year or so?

I'm open for whatever, but I do agree that I think there is going to have to be some re-thinking on this. I know they mess things up alot, but it's ussually just normal stuff that people dissagree with their path. I don't recall anything that has had this much buzz about it in a very long time. Sure, plenty of things got the internet buzzing in the past, but there is speculation that thousands of people are googling CM Punk that normally wouldn't look to the internet for answer's in the past. This is the "Generic" WWE fanbase, the casual fans that are doing it with this. There are casual fans all over the internet talking about it, not the normal players this time. Every single wrestling sight is giving this promo a thumbs up. Every legendary wrestler, is giving Punk props. The only negative thing I have heard anyone say is "Dwayne's" responce, "It's simply bussiness, I'm headlining wrestlemania because I draw more then you will in a lifetime." It's the only thing I found negative, and I believe Rock was in character for that responce, nothing more.

It really depends on whatever agreement they have to be honest. I heard a few times in the past his contract wasn't up till September (Punks), reguardless of all the rumor's going around. I don't know what to think, because so many "good" sights are saying he is already in an extension. Other's say it was up in mid-July, but extended to the PPV. IF it's truly not up till September, then they have time to figure out what to do, and be able to re-think everything if they haven't already decided to take the ball and run with it already.

Everything points to all of this just being a huge WWE storyline though. Something they have already planned out, in other words, and probably already know exactly where it's heading, with or without Punk.

I was with you down to here. CM Punk did not get booed out of the arena people were still cheering for him even after he said they were losers for flocking him at the airport at 5 am. After they cut of the mic the camera pans down the ramp and their are kids bowing to him in the front row. Now matter how heelish he acts people still cheer for him because he's just that good. I have a friend who was in the audience of the show and although I've been ignoring spoilers and told him not to tell me what happens next week he said that there were just as many cheers if not more for punk through the whole promo start to finish.

I think most think if he leaves, it's just temporary time off... Maybe a three month Hiatus or something.

Then again, I here he is good friends with MVP, and I think MVP is doing OK in NJPW (I don't know for a fact, but that's what I heard). Never know, maybe he heads there for a year or so?

I'm open for whatever, but I do agree that I think there is going to have to be some re-thinking on this. I know they mess things up alot, but it's ussually just normal stuff that people dissagree with their path. I don't recall anything that has had this much buzz about it in a very long time. Sure, plenty of things got the internet buzzing in the past, but there is speculation that thousands of people are googling CM Punk that normally wouldn't look to the internet for answer's in the past. This is the "Generic" WWE fanbase, the casual fans that are doing it with this. There are casual fans all over the internet talking about it, not the normal players this time. Every single wrestling sight is giving this promo a thumbs up. Every legendary wrestler, is giving Punk props. The only negative thing I have heard anyone say is "Dwayne's" responce, "It's simply bussiness, I'm headlining wrestlemania because I draw more then you will in a lifetime." It's the only thing I found negative, and I believe Rock was in character for that responce, nothing more.

It really depends on whatever agreement they have to be honest. I heard a few times in the past his contract wasn't up till September (Punks), reguardless of all the rumor's going around. I don't know what to think, because so many "good" sights are saying he is already in an extension. Other's say it was up in mid-July, but extended to the PPV. IF it's truly not up till September, then they have time to figure out what to do, and be able to re-think everything if they haven't already decided to take the ball and run with it already.

Everything points to all of this just being a huge WWE storyline though. Something they have already planned out, in other words, and probably already know exactly where it's heading, with or without Punk.

Hm, September, you say? That's the same month that ROH makes it's return to TV.

Coincidence?! ABSOLUTELY!

This is such a difficult storyline to predict. It really does make good tv though, because for once we have a story which feels like the real deal. Similar to the start of the ECW brand (with the Styles and Heyman promo's and such), the Hardy/Edge/Lita thing, and the first Nexus attack. I have doubts as far as the storyline playing out the way a lot of people are predicting. I would love to see this go on to be something big, but I just can't see it after some of the comments Punk made. M.Hardy did it, Heyman did it, Styles did it, and look where they are at now.

I really think Punk is just done with WWE though, and he is just there to fulfil his obligation to the fans and give them one last good storyline.

But if Scotty Goldman and Chris Hero do lead an RoH invasion at MITB, then game on. But I think all we'll get is some Cena punches, an FU, and Cena is the saviour of WWE for the 126341824th time.

I'm going with short-term storyline that starts off hot but leads to nothing, see:

The Invasion.

Hardy/Edge/Lita

ECW revival.

Nexus

The Punk-WWE storyline.

Also, another good World Champion who wasn't treated as top star:

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

This is such a difficult storyline to predict. It really does make good tv though, because for once we have a story which feels like the real deal. Similar to the start of the ECW brand (with the Styles and Heyman promo's and such), the Hardy/Edge/Lita thing, and the first Nexus attack. I have doubts as far as the storyline playing out the way a lot of people are predicting. I would love to see this go on to be something big, but I just can't see it after some of the comments Punk made. M.Hardy did it, Heyman did it, Styles did it, and look where they are at now.

I really think Punk is just done with WWE though, and he is just there to fulfil his obligation to the fans and give them one last good storyline.

But if Scotty Goldman and Chris Hero do lead an RoH invasion at MITB, then game on. But I think all we'll get is some Cena punches, an FU, and Cena is the saviour of WWE for the 126341824th time.

I'm going with short-term storyline that starts off hot but leads to nothing, see:

The Invasion.

Hardy/Edge/Lita

ECW revival.

Nexus

The Punk-WWE storyline.

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

Styles, really? Poor man, still working for the E in a confortable backstage position with a nice paycheck. I feel so sorry for him.

Well yeah, if you want to have a job then it's nice, I guess. Still, look at what happened to him... from announcer to... what- webmaster/columnist of their crummy website? Pretty sure Punk would rather wrestle than be on production or something though.

Well yeah, if you want to have a job then it's nice, I guess. Still, look at what happened to him... from announcer to... what- webmaster/columnist of their crummy website? Pretty sure Punk would rather wrestle than be on production or something though.

I thought it was well known that Styles didn't want to call another match in WWE due to the way they (mis)treated ECW.

It is pretty ironic that I was reading about when ECW and WWE started to have a sort of inter-promotional storyline. It started with a few ECW guys in the crowd at King of the Ring PPV. Jerry Lawler even showed up on an ECW show and fled right after for fear of his life.

I don't think we will see that, but if CM Punk is gone I do see him going to NJPW. MVP is a champion over there currently (or was as of a few weeks ago, probably still is).

I am just waiting for July 17th, MITB has huge implications regarding the immediate future of the WWE.

The Invasion.

Hardy/Edge/Lita

ECW revival.

Nexus

The Punk-WWE storyline.

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

I'm going to disagree with a lot of that. Although hot stories can propel midcarders to the Main Event, they don't have to be to be successful. To be successful, a story needs to sell PPVs.

The Invasion I'll kind of give you - for wrestling fans POV it was a disaster - but WWE only really cared about pushing Booker T and RVD from the Invaders. Both did fairly well out of it. It would have been a lot better with more workers, but it wasn't to be - the angle was actually doomed from the start.

Hardy / Edge / Lita. This was a really hot angle for a month, but the Edge / Lita "relationship" continued going forward, and Edge was barely out of the Main Event after that point. And Matt Hardy has shown the ability to not be Main Event material, so I'm not quite sure what more you'd want from this angle.

ECW revival. Yeah, you can have that one too.

Nexus. Completely disagree here. WWE could have left Barrett in the Main Event by having him go over Orton, but chose not to. That's fine. No new Main Eventer. But what they did have was a hot storyline that lasted months under really difficult conditions (having to temporarily fire their best worker, losing Sheffield and Tarver to injury, ditching Young to him not being ready) with complete wrestlers who were unknown (to WWE fans) at the beginning of the year. They sold PPV's at a reasonable rate (they being WWE, not Nexus), and by the time the angle was over The Miz was ready to step in as the company's Number One heel. The stable slipped down to midcard - but that's where they should be. Barrett will make the Main Event, but it doesn't have to be now. I'll admit, he's lost to Jackson 24 times in a row, but that's part of him no longer being the leader of a gang (which he's played for a year now). It doesn't mean permanent burial, see: Sheamus.

Also, you see that list of World Champion's who weren't treated as top stars - what's the link? Easy - they're all talented wrestlers. And that's why they aren't "treated" as top stars. They don't have to dominate like Cena or Orton to remain relevant, because their skills do that. If Cena or Orton lost as much as Punk has this year they'd slip down into the midcard pretty quickly, but Punk's avoided that, because his talent has kept him up. And like it or not, Orton and Cena sell more PPV's than Punk (although Punk's doing his bet to disprove that), so you need them established in the Main Event. And you do that by putting them over people like Beniot, Guerrero, Jericho and Punk. It's a mark of respect to those wrestlers that WWE know they can have them lose often and remain relevant (or have the ability to re-establish themselves really quickly), whereas they can't afford to do that to Cena and Orton. They are extremely valuable, but in a Sports Entertainment company Cena and Orton are also valuable, and their value needs more work to keep up.

That's a self-sufficient cycle, though. CM Punk is a really talented guy who can stay over despite a losing streak for 6 months, so you should bury him in matches and try to hope he makes it back in promos? If they gave him the Orton treatment, never mind the Cena treatment, for a year then he'd be at least as big as Orton. But he can't get THAT over with the fans because it always comes back to the fact that he can't win a match to save his life by the way he's being booked. People don't pay for a card that they can guess all the matches on.