The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWA4kvq2Bc- John Cena vs Bryan Danielson from Velocity years ago. Good little match. I wish Cena still wrestled this style personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyqvP5nCsY&NR=1- John Cena vs Paul London from Velocity years ago. Seriously, I'm not a fan of Cena, but the guy is talented.

I did like him back in the day though. The face Cena just bores me and I wish he'd wrestle his older style

*edit*

Also, I miss the hell out of Ernest Miller

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/307/192/prototype_display_image.jpg?1279648527

Holy f... this pic is ridiculous! When I first skimmed it, I nearly thought it was a young Sid Vicious. :eek:

Or maybe that somebody had shrunk Lex Luger. :)

Okay, do you not see a certain paradox here? Because my tone is "arrogant," I am "beeing" incorrect, even though you seem to acknowledge it's an opinion. But you're the one that said you had a right to an opinion.

Again, I believe your statements about being picked on were ridiculous, so I called it ridiculous. Not you, not your actions. You're the one that have apparently said it's "unfair" for people to pick apart the things you say. I have not disrespected you or insulted you in any way, nor have I flat out dismissed the things you say (the way you have).

Also I love the "this is the last thing I will say" line. It never gets old.

I try to make it the last thing, but you always have to start answering in that tone. Don0t justify your actions with "it's my opinion", cause you do have the right to have one, but you don't need to say that you disagree with me in that tone. I've been doing a whole lot of an effort not to disrespect you. And with that tone...it hasn't been easy. :D So...when in comes to the whole Cena thing...and the rest of the debate...let's agree in disagee. Ok? Cause seriously, i have nothing against you, and the only thing getting ridiculous here will be us if we keep this up. So yeah...i'd really like this to be the last line in this discussion, the last thing i say about it. So...let's virtually shake hands and call it a day. ;)

I try to make it the last thing, but you always have to start answering in that tone. Don0t justify your actions with "it's my opinion", cause you do have the right to have one, but you don't need to say that you disagree with me in that tone. I've been doing a whole lot of an effort not to disrespect you. And with that tone...it hasn't been easy. :D So...when in comes to the whole Cena thing...and the rest of the debate...let's agree in disagee. Ok? Cause seriously, i have nothing against you, and the only thing getting ridiculous here will be us if we keep this up. So yeah...i'd really like this to be the last line in this discussion, the last thing i say about it. So...let's virtually shake hands and call it a day. ;)

You should watch the links I posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWA4kvq2Bc- John Cena vs Bryan Danielson from Velocity years ago. Good little match. I wish Cena still wrestled this style personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyqvP5nCsY&NR=1- John Cena vs Paul London from Velocity years ago. Seriously, I'm not a fan of Cena, but the guy is talented.

I did like him back in the day though. The face Cena just bores me and I wish he'd wrestle his older style

*edit*

Just re-watched that Cena/Danielson match. Good for Cena and the agent for making Danielson look that strong as an unsigned talent. I mean he obviously had plenty of skill but Cena very easily could've no-sold him or otherwise treated him like a minor league guy.

*edit*

I also miss Ernest Miller. :D

About the matches...that was the first time i enjoyed a match by Cena in a loooong time. Especially the Danielson one. I enjoyed his selling better then his offense, but he's still not my cup of tea. But of course you didn't expect me to start liking the guy because of those mathces, i know. Part of my dislike towards him is the way he was shoved down my throat when i really enjoyed watching the E back in the day. And sadly i think that will never change. It's like a phobia, (not saying it is one, just giving an example) once it grows on you, you may never get rid of it. Besides, he's really not that good in the ring. Not to the extent to be called a great one. But i won't go there again, so the discussion doesn't start again. :D

Edit: Glad to announce that me and lazorbeak have reached good terms. :D

Edit: It's B squared...SQUAREEEEDDDD!!!! Don't know why...but i lmao with that. Was i the only one laughing with it?

Going by the Colt Cabana interview I posted who is punk's best friend. It genuinely looks like he might leave. Even after that superb promo. This would be a huge blow as Punk is arguably WWE's most talented superstar right now and WWE's roster is short on guys who are over as it is.

Wow. Maybe it's just me, but... is that really considered to be a *good* match? Half of it is armbar variations and the other half, while certainly not being bad (but not spectacular in any way), is pretty much Danielson's work. I did enjoy Cena as a heel though, first time I ever saw him in such a capacity. And much more awesome wrestling gear he had back then... I mean, yellow pants? Pure gold. :D

Going by the Colt Cabana interview I posted who is punk's best friend. It genuinely looks like he might leave. Even after that superb promo. This would be a huge blow as Punk is arguably WWE's most talented superstar right now and WWE's roster is short on guys who are over as it is.

Wich makes confusion grow on my hand...why would vince let him shoot knowing that we will leave? That will only bring heat on vince as many will say and think: Vince...once again screwing up with a talented guy.

Besides, what's the point on creating controversy if CM Punk won't be there so the WWE can cash on the buzz genereated? I don't know...i don't buy it! I don't buy Punk leaving... Maybe i'm wrong...but i hope i'm not...:eek:

Wow. Maybe it's just me, but... is that really considered to be a *good* match? Half of it is armbar variations and the other half, while certainly not being bad (but not spectacular in any way), is pretty much Danielson's work. I did enjoy Cena as a heel though, first time I ever saw him in such a capacity. And much more awesome wrestling gear he had back then... I mean, yellow pants? Pure gold. :D

I wasn't meaning it's like a stellar performance or anything, just saying it showed Cena's versatility a bit more than his current stuff does.

I agree, because the positive thing i saw in there was a better selling than than now a days. But still it was the first time in a looong time i enjoyed a Cena match. And yes, Danielson makes most of the good work. So i don't see that as "changing my mind" material, but i also said that before. Still, the guy clearly sucks much more as super Cena. That's a fact.

I agree, because the positive thing i saw in there was a better selling than than now a days. But still it was the first time in a looong time i enjoyed a Cena match. And yes, Danielson makes most of the good work. So i don't see that as "changing my mind" material, but i also said that before. Still, the guy clearly sucks much more as super Cena. That's a fact.

No, its an opinion. Fact is something that can be proven. Opinion is what you believe.

Wich makes confusion grow on my hand...why would vince let him shoot knowing that we will leave? That will only bring heat on vince as many will say and think: Vince...once again screwing up with a talented guy.

Besides, what's the point on creating controversy if CM Punk won't be there so the WWE can cash on the buzz genereated? I don't know...i don't buy it! I don't buy Punk leaving... Maybe i'm wrong...but i hope i'm not...:eek:

If I don't miss my guess, IF he leaves then it will be the same concept as when Danielson left; he leaves, does some indie stuff, with the understanding that when he's ready he'll return. Plus, it adds a sort of legit confusion about the whole thing to have him actually doing one-night-only type shows in NJPW and ROH.

It worked with Danielson, at least in the sense that they convinced everyone his firing was legit, and when he came back it could've been big.

Punk will be back. There's no rush, the WWE can let him leave.. Punk's probably let them know he has no intention of going to TNA, of course ROH is doubtful but even there he must be making/promised good money in the WWE, and upon his return. I think Punker mostly has the intention of taking a well-deserved break.

As for Cena, I agree on certain points. Yes, he doesn't have as much natural talent as the cream of the crop, and I'd dare say for a while he was a tad overrated in the ring, half of his "great matches" I didn't really perceive as(except Cena/Umaga and Cena/HBK(at Mania... not the 1-hour fest). His psychology was still dreadful most of the time. However, what he took to get to where he is.. mostly Cena's doing. Not just the workrate but he's overwhemingly confident on the mic, enough to make ad-libbed promos on a consistent basis, according to Orton. Indeed, the merch selling isn't entirely Cena's doing either, what with WWE treating him like a walking billboard after all, milking it for all it's worth right now. All that said though, I still don't think a lot of people could fill Cena's shoes. You have to at least give him that.

As for my personal fantasy booking, my simple idea was to get The Rock involved rather than Vince(though of course Vince could pass around for a sec). Rock overhearing the comments, gets in between the two, possibly takes Cena's side reluctantly while Punk fires back about Rock himself leaving the business seven years ago, and getting in his face as to why. :D

If I don't miss my guess, IF he leaves then it will be the same concept as when Danielson left; he leaves, does some indie stuff, with the understanding that when he's ready he'll return. Plus, it adds a sort of legit confusion about the whole thing to have him actually doing one-night-only type shows in NJPW and ROH.

It worked with Danielson, at least in the sense that they convinced everyone his firing was legit, and when he came back it could've been big.

True, but wasn't Daniel's release because of some choking he did with a cable or something? I don't even remember that well. Still, i see your point. THough i don't like the fact that punk will leave now that the storyline just got interesting.

Punk will be back. There's no rush, the WWE can let him leave.. Punk's probably let them know he has no intention of going to TNA, of course ROH is doubtful but even there he must be making/promised good money in the WWE, and upon his return. I think Punker mostly has the intention of taking a well-deserved break.

As for Cena, I agree on certain points. Yes, he doesn't have as much natural talent as the cream of the crop, and I'd dare say for a while he was a tad overrated in the ring, half of his "great matches" I didn't really perceive as(except Cena/Umaga and Cena/HBK(at Mania... not the 1-hour fest). His psychology was still dreadful most of the time. However, what he took to get to where he is.. mostly Cena's doing. Not just the workrate but he's overwhemingly confident on the mic, enough to make ad-libbed promos on a consistent basis, according to Orton. Indeed, the merch selling isn't entirely Cena's doing either, what with WWE treating him like a walking billboard after all, milking it for all it's worth right now. All that said though, I still don't think a lot of people could fill Cena's shoes. You have to at least give him that.

As for my personal fantasy booking, my simple idea was to get The Rock involved rather than Vince(though of course Vince could pass around for a sec). Rock overhearing the comments, gets in between the two, possibly takes Cena's side reluctantly while Punk fires back about Rock himself leaving the business seven years ago, and getting in his face as to why. :D

I know! What's the deal with that??? It was even considered PWI's match of the year!!! Not saying it was a bad match, but i really like the mania one better. Oh well. As for Cena, sure i can give him that much, but only if you give me as much as saying he's far from beeing irreplaceable. Nobody is, lets face it.

Another good SmackDown!.

For some reason, I liked the way the wrestlers came out without themes for those first couple of matches after Henry's attack. Kind of liked that part too, keeps on making impacts on the show even if he isn't getting into the main event.

Sin Cara/Christian was very solid, though it's a shame that they didn't mention the fact that Christian ended his undefeated streak.

Liked that Rhodes beat Ezekial, might mean he'll be going after the IC Title soon. For the last several months, I've kinda wanted him to be IC Champion.

Seems like we're building up for Christian/Sheamus/Orton for MITB, I'd be cool with that. Was actually the match I expected for Capitol Punishment.

While Heath Slater is lacking in the charisma department, I feel that his ring work is underrated. He is a solid talent.

His just that... solid. He's not going to have the worse match in the world with anyone, but he isn't exactly one that carry other workers, or has is well-versed in one style, or even exciting.

That being said, you could say that for a lot of workersi n the WWE these days.

I don't like his look and I don't like cruiserweights. So I crap on him. It's impolite but I'm on the internet and not being paid to be polite. So you get honest Lin instead of polite Lin.

E: I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't like... want him dead or something psycho like that. I just don't want to have to see him, and as it happens I don't. I can change the channel, I can take a leak, I can make a snack... I mean, keep him around, he seems to work hard, and a lot of people like flyers. I'm just not one of them.

I don't like his look and I don't like cruiserweights. So I crap on him. It's impolite but I'm on the internet and not being paid to be polite. So you get honest Lin instead of polite Lin.

E: I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't like... want him dead or something psycho like that. I just don't want to have to see him, and as it happens I don't. I can change the channel, I can take a leak, I can make a snack... I mean, keep him around, he seems to work hard, and a lot of people like flyers. I'm just not one of them.

...Are you mixing up Slater and Gabriel?

only if you give me as much as saying he's far from beeing irreplaceable. Nobody is, lets face it.

It depends on what your version of "irreplaceable" is. Can the WWE find someone else that will make them as much money and give them as much great press as John Cena does? (Make a wish, Fiesta Bowl, Late Night Talk TV, etc.). No, there is no one that they have ready to go right now that could move into that position as face of the company. John has no proven history of drug problems, he's not got a single story of say defecating in someone's belongings, he's never implied in an interview that anyone has slept around. He's as clean as they come. There is nobody in the company that has his degree of success, his money making power and his ability to be the face of the company outside of the WWE. Nobody right now. Could they build someone up in a year and MAYBE that person has all of those tools? Sure, I highly doubt it and the percentages are against them but its possible. He would be sorely missed in those areas.

That being said would the WWE lose a ton of money and go bankrupt like they would have if say Bret Hart had walked out in 1995 or Shawn Michaels in 1996? No they are an established brand with a basic monopoly on professional wrestling (even if they don't market themselves as such). They would move on from losing John just as they would anyone else.

Although when most people say John can't be replaced they're talking merch sales, his clean cut image, his face of the franchise, and most importantly there is no one they could have face The Rock at Wrestlemania 28 that would garner near the interest good or bad that John Cena will. So I will not give anyone the "fact" that John Cena can be replaced. Randy Orton is their second biggest superstar and the guy has admited to drug over doses, he's had a slew of backstage incidents and he just blasted Kelly Kelly in an interview. Not too mention Randy leaving the Marines (I believe it was) and getting a dis honorable discharge. Things like that would be magnified as everything is with the WWE if he was forced to be the "John Cena of the WWE".