The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm disappointed that Punk is already back.

I am, I think that while everybody is just relieved he isn't gone it would make sense for him to be back later, is this saying that the doofus has just resigned him then, simple as that, or is that the cliffhanger? But, anyway I agree, but we'll see where it goes.

If Punk loses at Summerslam, we riot (seriously though if Cena were to win at Summerslam, the Punk hype would be ruined, not to mention who actually wants to see another Cena title reign?). Anyway they're making it a bit obvious that there's going to be a company split between those that support McMahon and those that support Triple H. The segments with Cole, Miz and Truth confirmed that. I can see similar segments coming on Smackdown aswell.

Think the Cena/Punk thing is good, but def. did it too quick. Two title matches on one show when you usually get none for six months? Would have liked to see them build Cena/Rey for the PPV then have Punk return then for the feud. Now it is just panifully clear Rey was just used as a tiny pebble of a stone for the main feud to take over. Also really diminishes their 8 man tourney they had been hyping. "Hey win this EPIC tournament its the biggest thing ever! Oh yeah, then when you do we are just going to job you out to Cena since we don't want you in our main storyline anyways"

I'm a little disappointed that Punk is back so quickly but the Punk/Cena staredown did have the feeling of something special that you very rarely get in WWE. If I had to guess the finish of Punk/Cena at Summerslam, I'd say we get the original ending of the MitB with Punk winning and then ADR cashing in but who knows when ADR is finally getting the title.

Think the Cena/Punk thing is good, but def. did it too quick. Two title matches on one show when you usually get none for six months? Would have liked to see them build Cena/Rey for the PPV then have Punk return then for the feud. Now it is just panifully clear Rey was just used as a tiny pebble of a stone for the main feud to take over. Also really diminishes their 8 man tourney they had been hyping. "Hey win this EPIC tournament its the biggest thing ever! Oh yeah, then when you do we are just going to job you out to Cena since we don't want you in our main storyline anyways"

Cena/Rey would've just been a passover main-event, when they're trying to go big for SummerSlam. I agree the way Cena got his title shot was so dodgy, but it was the only way for this to come full circle.

People all over literally said before MITB, WWE would be fools not to strike a deal with Punk and keep him around. They ended up doing just that. But people still are restless. WWE truly can never win... even when they're gaining steam. :p

If Punk had to come back last night he should have done it after like a suicide dive spot from Mysterio with both men down. Cue the new music, and a double count out and leave Punk standing on the ramp holding the WWE title.

I don't really mind him back so soon but having a match at Summer Slam would be too soon. If they would have drawn out the WWE title tourney they would have been able to hype other matches on the show too and Punk could have came back after that, which would be at least more than 1 week not on TV

Could it not be Vince he hired Punk back? It's still his company, is it not? What if Vince went home after last weeks RAW and was pissed off with what happened so brought Punk back, offering him a huge contract.

I really dunno where it's gonna go and that's a good thing. But, with Punk now seemingly back, why would anyone accept Cena as the legitimate champ? Punk won the title, left for a short while, and then came back.

Could it not be Vince he hired Punk back? It's still his company, is it not? What if Vince went home after last weeks RAW and was pissed off with what happened so brought Punk back, offering him a huge contract.

I really dunno where it's gonna go and that's a good thing. But, with Punk now seemingly back, why would anyone accept Cena as the legitimate champ? Punk won the title, left for a short while, and then came back.

IT would be nice to see them have a nice storyline out of this, but as someone who last week defended the weak follow up raw by saying "wait and see" I have to say i'm thoroughly disappointed now.

There were some things i liked, but overall Punks hasty return felt like the WWE going "Oh no! our epic "i love you, pop!!" ending didn't play well and we got a 3.2!!! quickly, speed up punk's return and lets have a Cena title win for the kiddies as the M/E!!!

it just felt to me like rey winning, then cena winning, then punk's return was about 4 shows worth of drama mailed into on hot shot show.

It would have made alot more sense to have Rey win the belt in the M/E, punk bash him on social media, Cena want his rematch at SS, which punk bashes on social media, and then have Cena win at SS and have punk crash that to ruin John's moment.

We shall see, but to me this felt like a panic hot shoot, and if it leads to punk losing clean to supercena at SS, they will have thoroughly botched the follow up.

Edit: while I love Cult of personality, does anyone else think that it just doesn't lend itself to huge moments? It's not really a "drag you out of your seat" song.

I mean, look at the emotion and energy in Punk's entrance at MITB...I can't see cult of personality allowing something like this pop and energy of the entrance wise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYfTKHhO0xo&feature=related

Edit: what i mean is,how does one do the "it's clobbering time!!" and "What's my F'n name????" spots to something as low key as "cult of personality?"

Punk's new song is "Cult of Personality", which mentions JFK among other political figures. That along with Punk being the new voice of the people would be why I'd think he's in the entrance video.

Wasn't Cult Of Personality one of Punk's original entrance themes back in the indie days?

Wasn't Cult Of Personality one of Punk's original entrance themes back in the indie days?

Yea, and don't get me wrong i love the theme.

I just think Punk has owned his theme and the fans love that opening rift, the mello part before punk explodes up to "It's clobbering time!!" and the heavy part in the middle....

It just seems like punk stepped up and made that theme Iconic and just the right mix of gritty, alternating high and low energy that i think suits him so well...and As much as i love Cult of personality I just don't know if it has the same kick.

We'll see, i just really don't want him to turn into another randy orton eqs entrance like we saw last night, where he takes the slow walk down to the ring every time

Also I think his old theme was the best in the WWE, and the second or third best "interrupting" theme due to that awesome abrupt guitar riff (miz being first with the "awesome" followed by truth...)

We'll see, mabey i'm just being hyper critical because i think the WWE hot shot that whole episode in a panic and hurt a great storyline....it's been known to happen :D

I for one love "Cult of Personality" for his new theme. It just clicks with him. Now, the crowd last night sucked it up in terms of reaction, but I was going nuts at home.

well, you can't blame them for that, most aren't ROH fans and diddn't know who it was till he walked out.

I think that's how the E played it too, Cena's facial expression of was great, he even turned to ring side and said "Who's music is this?" to sell the "I have no idea who HHH is bringing out here..." and then changed to shock and a disbelieving look to the crowd cheering.

i thought they gave an awesome pop for punk...if i had one problem with the crowd reaction to the whole thing it's how hard they cheered Cena raising a title he won in 10 minutes from a guy who had already wrestled that night...i thought he would have gotten more boos to punk's cheers with the real title.

On a side note, I turned to my Girl during the M/E and said "damn, i have no intrest in this match but I'm really enjoying it since JR is calling it."

I really hope JR calls as many raws as he's able too. Give Cole smackdown as the other factions announcer, but keep raw JR/King im begging you WWE.

well, you can't blame them for that, most aren't ROH fans and diddn't know who it was till he walked out.

I think that's how the E played it too, Cena's facial expression of was great, he even turned to ring side and said "Who's music is this?" to sell the "I have no idea who HHH is bringing out here..." and then changed to shock and a disbelieving look to the crowd cheering.

i thought they gave an awesome pop for punk...if i had one problem with the crowd reaction to the whole thing it's how hard they cheered Cena raising a title he won in 10 minutes from a guy who had already wrestled that night...i thought he would have gotten more boos to punk's cheers with the real title.

On a side note, I turned to my Girl during the M/E and said "damn, i have no intrest in this match but I'm really enjoying it since JR is calling it."

I really hope JR calls as many raws as he's able too. Give Cole smackdown as the other factions announcer, but keep raw JR/King im begging you WWE.

I was hoping Cena beating Rey like that would signal a possible heel turn. Guess that'll never happen.

And I agree...keep Cole on Smackdown, because I never watch that. Just read the spoilers.

And I agree...keep Cole on Smackdown, because I never watch that. Just read the spoilers.

Smackdown is so much better than Raw on any given day. I just wish they'd bring Striker back and keep Cole on Raw.

Seriously: Cody Rhodes, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara, Kane, Sheamus, the Usos, Mark Henry, AJ, Kaitlyn & Natalya...

It's freaking heaven right now.

Are You Kidding Me!

I stopped watching WWE when "Super Crybaby Cena" took over. So when they did the will CM Punk walk out with the title at M.I.T.B. and it ended up being covered by others outside of the WWE it, I watched the promo that Punk did (Loved It!) Needless to say I was over joyed when I read that Cena lost the title and was "fired".

Now post M.I.T.B. not only did they fire vince, bring back Cena, have him win the title, but now I read that C.M. Punk also returned. They basically made their biggest storyline in years useless as things are "back to normal". In reading the results from past week (not watching the shows) it seems they shot themselves in the foot.

I would have had Punk win the title at M.I.T.B., keep Cena off the air (maybe he can go film another movie), Having ONE WORLD TITLE, have Punk make his appearances outside the WWE. With Cena vs. Rock scheduled to happen at WM 28 and with Daniel Bryan wanting to cash in this case at WM 28 have Punk come back and face Bryan.

Smackdown is so much better than Raw on any given day. I just wish they'd bring Striker back and keep Cole on Raw.

Seriously: Cody Rhodes, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara, Kane, Sheamus, the Usos, Mark Henry, AJ, Kaitlyn & Natalya...

It's freaking heaven right now.

It's not that I don't think it's any good...I just never have time to watch it. I'm usually busy during that time. My little brother keeps me updated on it, though...

Are You Kidding Me!

I stopped watching WWE when "Super Crybaby Cena" took over. So when they did the will CM Punk walk out with the title at M.I.T.B. and it ended up being covered by others outside of the WWE it, I watched the promo that Punk did (Loved It!) Needless to say I was over joyed when I read that Cena lost the title and was "fired".

Now post M.I.T.B. not only did they fire vince, bring back Cena, have him win the title, but now I read that C.M. Punk also returned. They basically made their biggest storyline in years useless as things are "back to normal". In reading the results from past week (not watching the shows) it seems they shot themselves in the foot.

I would have had Punk win the title at M.I.T.B., keep Cena off the air (maybe he can go film another movie), Having ONE WORLD TITLE, have Punk make his appearances outside the WWE. With Cena vs. Rock scheduled to happen at WM 28 and with Daniel Bryan wanting to cash in this case at WM 28 have Punk come back and face Bryan.

I like how people are whining about what has been thus far a well executed storyline.

Haters gonna hate.

@TLLK3: You gotta watch last week's just for DB cutting his promo on Cole and announcing his declaration to main-event 'Mania.

It's not "back to normal." There are two WWE Heavyweight Championships. That's basically the opposite of normal, and it is clearly* what they have been aiming for from the beginning. I doubt they really cared about the specifics of how well Punk's departure went over, just that it did a little bit so that they could have 2 legit title belt holders.

* - Hindsight being 20/20 and all. I didn't really see it coming weeks ago, but now that it's here I can plainly see why they rushed the CM-Punk-is-gone part of the storyline.

I like how people are whining about what has been thus far a well executed storyline.

Haters gonna hate.

@TLLK3: You gotta watch last week's just for DB cutting his promo on Cole and announcing his declaration to main-event 'Mania.

I think it had the potential to be a well executed storyline, and still has it. But the hotshot of punk coming back this week hurts it because punk had this great buzz as a rebel who had left the company and was keeping relevant in social media, building the buzz about when and if he'd return.

and they tossed that away two weeks later. It's similar to when nexus had cena "fired" but they go cold feet and put cena on TV anyway.

Can it still be a good to great angle? sure, but i think putting punk back on TV this quick because they were terrified of the 3.2 rating they got last week was a bad long term move.

I think it had the potential to be a well executed storyline, and still has it. But the hotshot of punk coming back this week hurts it because punk had this great buzz as a rebel who had left the company and was keeping relevant in social media, building the buzz about when and if he'd return.

and they tossed that away two weeks later. It's similar to when nexus had cena "fired" but they go cold feet and put cena on TV anyway.

Can it still be a good to great angle? sure, but i think putting punk back on TV this quick because they were terrified of the 3.2 rating they got last week was a bad long term move.

Punk hasn't even said anything. All he's done is show up, raise the belt and smirk at Cena. For all we know, he was backstage for negotiations with Triple H and decided to show up and be a douche to Cena while he was there.

Punk hasn't even said anything. All he's done is show up, raise the belt and smirk at Cena. For all we know, he was backstage for negotiations with Triple H and decided to show up and be a douche to Cena while he was there.

He said "I'm back." and dropped the mic in a post show promo. It's on WWE.com

I agree with those saying that the storyline could have done with being drawn out off-screen for a few weeks at least, but one of the biggest PPVs of the year being in a few weeks is a bit of an issue. In that sense, it's a shame that the feud couldn't have started a month earlier. Although with MITB being in Chicago, that moment was perfect as it was.

Raw will be a lot more entertaining with him than without him anyway, so I'm not too bothered; but like I said, being able to build the feud off screen for a few more weeks would have been ideal.