The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I seem to recall Orton beating him in a tables match as well last year or so, through a lame finish where Orton turned the Attitude Adjustment into an RKO. The thing was: he still crashed through the table first, so how he won on that is beyond me.

That's entirely myth perpetuated by Cena haters. They don't change the ending of a match because of a missed spot or whatever. Huge bull****.

With a table set up in perfect position and Sheamus seeming to slip, it's kinda suggested he was supposed to fall and blew the spot. Cena fell, it was too late for Sheamus to do so.

I disagree whole heartedly on the basis that your interpretation of events and the 'falling' as opposed to consciously throwing yourself backwards through a table.

I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change my mind, just one of those things. But for anyone that's unsure watch it first and make up your mind before accepting this as fact in any way.

That's entirely myth perpetuated by Cena haters. They don't change the ending of a match because of a missed spot or whatever. Huge bull****.

To be fair, if it happened, and Sheamus for some reason didn't fall but was meant to, they couldn't do much about it.

However, I imagine if that did happen, we wouldn't be seeing Sheamus in the main event scene any more.

I disagree whole heartedly on the basis that your interpretation of events and the 'falling' as opposed to consciously throwing yourself backwards through a table.

I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change my mind, just one of those things. But for anyone that's unsure watch it first and make up your mind before accepting this as fact in any way.

There was a table set up outside the ring.

Perfectly placed where Sheamus would have taken a fall into it had he gone off.

Another perfectly placed for Cena(Safely, of course), in the ring.

Cena took his bump. Sheamus seemed to botch his while up top.

It was either set up to look like that was the finish, and Sheamus did a BRILLIANT act on a slip instead of actually slipping and missing the cue, or he botched it.

And now to something that could make next year's Wrestlemania one of the biggest ever... Austin responds to rumors about facing off against CM Punk at WM28, saying that he won't say it will happen but more importantly he won't say that it won't happen either. He also says that if he were to have one last match, having it against CM Punk would be the way to go. Check it out:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/VIDEO_Steve_Austin_Talks_CM_Punk_Movies_More.php

Imagine The Rock vs. Cena and Austin vs. Punk on the same card. What kind of wrestling fan would *not* want to see that event? :eek:

And now to something that could make next year's Wrestlemania one of the biggest ever... Austin responds to rumors about facing off against CM Punk at WM28, saying that he won't say it will happen but more importantly he won't say that it won't happen either. He also says that if he were to have one last match, having it against CM Punk would be the way to go. Check it out:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/VIDEO_Steve_Austin_Talks_CM_Punk_Movies_More.php

Imagine The Rock vs. Cena and Austin vs. Punk on the same card. What kind of wrestling fan would *not* want to see that event? :eek:

Was figuring Miz/Austin. Wouldn't mind seeing Austin/Punk though.

Was figuring Miz/Austin. Wouldn't mind seeing Austin/Punk though.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if Miz was still a heel to pull off a Miz/Austin match at WM28. Unlike the ever elusive Cena heel turn of the Serengeti, the Miz face turn of Manchu Picchu seems a strong possibility, what with his ability to connect with the crowd, and PR machine mentality.

Also somewhat unrelated, but my future ex-wife (even if she doesn't know it yet) Michelle Beadle did a podcast for ESPN along with some other WWE fans, about Summerslam. Rather interesting listen, what with it being sportscasters who are more mainstream in their fandom, discussing the go home edition of Raw. If you're interested.

I saw one Austin interview where he said he actually thinks he could actually wrestle a regular schedule for a few months or something like that, but chose not to because he wanted to be fit enough to wrestle for a long time, or wanted to continue being able to live without much pain - maybe both, I don't really remember. That interested me - I dunno if he was talking out of his ass or what, but it gives me the feeling he'd be able to do a match.

Punk vs. Austin and Cena vs. Rock would not only make for a badass event, but it also interests me because of the contrast there. Cena and Punk are basically fighting to see who the best of today is right now, and if these matches do happen, they will then go up against the best of yesterday, basically. Maybe make it into a little theme for this WrestleMania... :p

Considering those two match-ups, the fact that I can't help but think they'll do Taker/HHH II, and the fact that - if Cena doesn't go in as WWE Champion - they'd also have two world title matches on there... they could very well make WrestleMania the must over-stuffed card in history. :p

To be honest, I'd be surprised if Miz was still a heel to pull off a Miz/Austin match at WM28. Unlike the ever elusive Cena heel turn of the Serengeti, the Miz face turn of Manchu Picchu seems a strong possibility, what with his ability to connect with the crowd, and PR machine mentality.

Also somewhat unrelated, but my future ex-wife (even if she doesn't know it yet) Michelle Beadle did a podcast for ESPN along with some other WWE fans, about Summerslam. Rather interesting listen, what with it being sportscasters who are more mainstream in their fandom, discussing the go home edition of Raw. If you're interested.

Just seemed like after the Miz/Austin showdown, and the fact that the four cups out now are Cena, Rock, Miz, and Austin, they were heading in that direction.

Seemed... logical?

Miz has been on a downturn since this would've been a thought though, so I could see things being changed to the current major heel. Anything to make Punk look good is fine by me too.

Just seemed like after the Miz/Austin showdown, and the fact that the four cups out now are Cena, Rock, Miz, and Austin, they were heading in that direction.

Seemed... logical?

Miz has been on a downturn since this would've been a thought though, so I could see things being changed to the current major heel. Anything to make Punk look good is fine by me too.

Oh yeah, what with the TE moment they had, and Miz recently mentioning his name somewhere, I definitely agree with you. It makes sense (which makes it less likely to happen. lol) My gut tells me that he'll be a good guy going into the Rumble, though. He's becoming too synonymous with "face of the WWE" for them not to consider the spin on his character, in my opinion.

He's becoming too synonymous with "face of the WWE" for them not to consider the spin on his character, in my opinion.

Agreed, they will likely turn him babyface and try to propel him to Cena-ish levels. Everyone keeps talking about WWE not turning Cena heel untill Orton is capable (if ever) of replacing him as the face of the promotion... but maybe that spot is actually better suited, and more likely intended, for The Miz...?

I personally think he can become a great underdog babyface, and I'd like to see him in a match against someone like Alberto Del Rio at WM28. Or a heel Triple H. I have no interest in Undertaker-Triple H II, and would much rather see Undertaker face off against someone fresh. Someone who can bring energi and agility to the match at a level Undertaker for obvious reasons is no longer able to... someone like John Morrisson.

Ah yes, one can always dream...

Taking everything into account:

Main event - Rock vs. Cena - WWE Championship (HAS to be on the line on a top three match else it'll be irrelevant elsewhere)

CM Punk vs. Triple H

The Miz vs. Austin

Undertaker vs. ??? (Lesnar on a dream card lol)

...World title match

Or Trips/Taker again and Punk vs. someone else for the World Title. Punk needs a huge match though.

Rumble winner? Maybe even Austin. Or Miz depending on who he faces.

Okay, so we have exactly one SmackDown! left before SummerSlam, and there are still only four matches on the card...

Is Cena/Punk going to last an hour, or...?

I mean, looking at it right now - Diva's matches are always short, and Phoenix/Kelly could very well be a squash; could be wrong, but judging by history, I can't imagine that taking much time. Mark Henry's never been able to do long matches, I'd be rather surprised if Henry/Sheamus went past the seven minute mark. I could see Bryan/Barret maybe being added - I don't know, I don't read SD! Spoilers - and I know Miz has said he'll be doing something, but I mean, how long is this event, three hours, four hours?

Taking everything into account:

Main event - Rock vs. Cena - WWE Championship (HAS to be on the line on a top three match else it'll be irrelevant elsewhere)

CM Punk vs. Triple H

The Miz vs. Austin

Undertaker vs. ??? (Lesnar on a dream card lol)

...World title match

Or Trips/Taker again and Punk vs. someone else for the World Title. Punk needs a huge match though.

Rumble winner? Maybe even Austin. Or Miz depending on who he faces.

Could go with Bryan cashing in his MITB on Punk (before hand) for a smarks, 25 minute epic to open the show.

I'd be up for Booker / Undertaker, as well as Miz / Austin but I don't see either happening.

Could go with Bryan cashing in his MITB on Punk (before hand) for a smarks, 25 minute epic to open the show.

I'd be up for Booker / Undertaker, as well as Miz / Austin but I don't see either happening.

**** yes I forgot about DB. So that's a world title match sorted. Him vs. Punk would be incredible.

And I think Miz is Austin's most likely opponent if he does wrestle.

Here you go WWE, Mania sorted:

Main event - WWE Championship: John Cena © vs. The Rock

World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk © vs. Daniel Bryan

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

The Miz vs. Steve Austin

Biggest show ever tbh. And the polar opposition of the two title matches would be amazing.

*goes and writes diary*

Rey and Sin Cara is a near certainty too.

It's only worth putting the WWE title match into the Cena/Rock showdown if you have assurances Rock will stick around a bit after Mania which I'm not sure he would. He's only doing what he's doing now to build his Mania match as it is.