The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Colour me surprised, but I am really enjoying the Diva's match so far. I think Eve is a lot better than people give her credit for (her dancing is poo though) but she has really stepped up tonight.

EDIT: Yeah, great match. Both women put on a great show!

Hadn't seen any WWE for about 2 months; caught Smackdown and thought the build-up for the divas match was light years ahead of the stuff for nearly every other match, and really enjoyed the match itself tonight.

Yay! People like wrestling!

Henry's recent build was kinda cool. I am curious to see where it goes from here. Some of his feuds were awesome. The Big Show stuff doesn't really do much for me but it's certainly not anything I care enough to complain about.

Henry was badass against Orton though for awhile there. When Randy couldn't beat him. I thought both guys did some exciting stuff for their run. It was one of the less predictable outcomes WWE has had recently, as most people seemed to think Henry was holding Orton's belt for him and ultimately Randy would prevail and find away to defeat the monster heel.

Obviously... that hasn't happened... yet :-)

I Thought that the PPV tonight was one of the best that they have done all year, every match was good and even the divas match was enjoyable. Sure no titles changed hands but thats fine I am just glad that Cena didn't win the WWE title again because then we would have 9 different champions in about 90 days. The last few PPV's the WWE Title has changed hands but I am glad that they decided to keep it on Del Rio tonight.

And as if the pointlessness of the PPV wasn't enough, Zack Ryder lost to a guy who ate two finishers from the tag champs in a match five minutes earlier, CM Punk got pinned for a fourth straight PPV, and Cody Rhodes lost a non-title match where his finisher couldn't put his opponent away. Why put Rhodes into a feud with Orton if they're not even going to let Rhodes pick up one win? (Other than the obvious, that it was total and complete filler.)

It's not even that the WWE is struggling to create new things that are working, it's that they seem to be actively sabotaging the few things that have fallen into their laps.

Maybe because Cody is gonna go at it long-term with Randy...

Nothing wrong about Ryder losing, him getting a PPV spot should be the headlines. lol. The superkick was well done anyway.

Punk well.. I can't ignore the backseat on him anymore, bit of a shame but he will get his due pretty quickly. This chapter is clearly to elevate Miz/Truth.

I didnt watch it due to homework and lack of funds but from a results standpoint it didn't seem like a bad show. Punk lost. But so did Cena. Cena's supposedly "out of the title picture" now so maybe Punk will find himself in that spot? I don't know.

Cena lost. Pretty cool idea there. I do wish they'd just let Del Rio beat him clean once. People have clean beaten Cena before it's not a crazy idea. Cena ain't losing steam going into a program with the Rock. And Del Rio could use some on-screen "legitimacy". ADR seemed like this badass that was tough as nails and brutal and now they seem to want to paint him as a "Miz-type" heel champ; meaning someone who doesn't deserve to be beating people at that championship level. I personally would prefer a tougher seeming ADR especially if the rumors are true and he goes into a long program with Punk.

Again though, allow me to stress that I didn't see the PPV and am talking about it rather blindly so maybe ADR came off more badass than the results made it seem.

Maybe because Cody is gonna go at it long-term with Randy...

Nothing wrong about Ryder losing, him getting a PPV spot should be the headlines. lol. The superkick was well done anyway.

Punk well.. I can't ignore the backseat on him anymore, bit of a shame but he will get his due pretty quickly. This chapter is clearly to elevate Miz/Truth.

Are we still playing the "wait and see" game with Orton's feuds? I forgot. Christian says hi, by the way.

How were storylines not furthered? Nash just came back and isolated Triple H, clearly setting up a feud between them. Sheamus and Orton beat men clean they've been feuding with for a while now. Miz and R Truth destroyed the main event once again.

It was a great PPV. Main event was really strong, Cena is such a good and underrated worker and that type of match has probably got ADR more over than he has been for about 2 years.

Zig Swag v Air Boom - Kofi and Bourne are looking like a cohesive tag team. I hope they stay together long term.

Ziggler v Ryder - Ryder booked strong. Good exposure for Ziggler getting the opening 2 matches on a PPV.

Christian v Sheamus - Solid open match. The rise of Sheamus continues.

Awesome Truth v Punk/HHH - Entertaining tag match. I knew Awesome Truth would win. I didn't see Nash returning.

Orton v Rhodes - Good match, predictable result. The loss shouldn't hurt Cody too much.

Show v Henry - Epic big man match. I can't believe they recreated the Lesnar v Show ring break! The ROH style Holy **** chant was awesome but the crowd didn't pop near as loud as as they did in 2003. Only letdown was the announcers conveniently forgot it happened before aside from a quick mention by King.

Del Rio v Cena - The decimated ring and last man standing rules added something special to the match. Good to see Cena in different clothes. Both guys stepped up and put on a thrilling match.

Average PPV until the final 2 matches when it kicked into high gear. They've been sowing seeds for Survivor Series for a few months now and continued to do so on this PPV, so I'm really looking forward to SS.

How were storylines not furthered? Nash just came back and isolated Triple H, clearly setting up a feud between them. Sheamus and Orton beat men clean they've been feuding with for a while now. Miz and R Truth destroyed the main event once again.

It was a great PPV. Main event was really strong, Cena is such a good and underrated worker and that type of match has probably got more over than he has been for about 2 years.

1) Nash and Trips have been feuding for like two months now. They've already had physical confrontations and Trips fired him.

2) I doubt either Sheamus or Orton are done with Christian or Rhodes. I'd like to be wrong, but I bet we see Sheamus/Christian and Orton/Rhodes probably another 2-3 times over the next month or two.

3) Miz and Truth have already been interfering in main events. They did it at the last PPV.

That's what I mean. Nothing new happened at the PPV. It was the same stuff that's been happening. Nash interfered with Punk and/or HHH for the third time in four PPVs. Miz and Truth ambushed the main event for the second straight PPV. And with how redundant the WWE's matchmaking has been on their weekly shows, it's highly doubtful we saw any blow off matches at the PPV.

Vengeance was always going to just sort of get in the way of the build for this year's Survivor Series, but I still hoped they'd do something to justify the PPV. Collapsing the ring isn't enough.

But ultimately, I guess it probably doesn't matter. Survivor Series is what was always going to determine whether these last couple months of crap were remotely near worth it. Let's hope for something good. At the very least, I imagine Punk will get to pin someone.

you guys are forgetting Rhodes went over Orton 2 times recently.

One was CLEAN on SD and then the next Raw when Henry watched and then sat on Orton with the chair.

Selective memory is a bad thing

This is how their matches went:

-Orton pinned Rhodes clean in a champion vs. champion match.

-Rhodes won after Mark Henry distracted the ref and Orton allowing Rhodes to use his mask as a weapon.

-Orton got DQ'd in their next match after hitting Rhodes with the mask. Orton then proceeded to destroy Rhodes.

-Orton pinned Rhodes clean in a tag match.

-Orton pinned Rhodes clean at the PPV.

So only once can you even half-consider Rhodes going over Orton. Meanwhile Orton won clean three times, even kicking out of Rhodes' finisher. Great feud for Rhodes.

Being in a feud with Orton is still a rub for Rhodes. Now he hasn't won and that is ok it just means he isn't quite there yet. I like him as IC champ and don't want him to go for the Heavyweight title. Him beating Orton would leave that as the next step for him.

Sheamus is going to go on and feud with Henry very soon. I wouldn't be shocked to see Sheamus with the Heavyweight title in a couple of months.

Nash attacking HHH gives Punk and HHH a reason to lose without looking weak. So Punk may have been pinned again but it was 1 vs 2 there. I think this is a nice build for this storyline.

Miz and Truth getting involved in the main event is keeping them relevant. I like that they are interfering in these matches.

If you think the WWE is crap and you only like 1 show in every 14 shows why watch? WWE sticks mostly to a proven formula that has kept them as the #1 company in North America for 30 years (give a couple to WCW). It's not going to change drastically.

I've actually been enjoying Smackdown and Superstars quite a bit recently. Both those shows have become TV that I'll watch while doing my cardio. And I'm liking them because they've largely been sticking to simple, proven wrestling formulas.

What has annoyed me about the WWE has been their bigger-picture, Raw-and-PPV stuff. That's the stuff that I think is failing miserably, and the stuff that prevents me (and a lot of others) from becoming really excited about the product.

Like I said, though, hopefully they turn the corner at Survivor Series.

Are we still playing the "wait and see" game with Orton's feuds? I forgot. Christian says hi, by the way.

Christian says hi, from his much more established position than ever before. Unless you rather had him be this year's Jack Swagger.

They're developing Cody's acension right now. I thoroughly believe they'll go at it again for SS. Of course, if Cody doesn't get his due, it's not like it'll bother me much.

Being in a feud with Orton is still a rub for Rhodes.

Disagree. WINNING a feud with Orton gives Rhodes a rub. Being in matches with Main Eventers does not make them a main eventer. That's like the Royals winning 1 out of 4 against the Yankees and people saying the Royals got the rub just by playing them. Yes I know sports are different, but it's more or less the same concept.

Until recently, look at how strong they booked Henry and how many matches he won. Same for Sheamus. Winning >>>> being in the ring and losing. Infact, I would say it makes Orton look weaker that he can't beat Rhodes clean. Why not have Cody take him to the limit and then make a mistake (top rope move misses, goes back to the same move too many time, etc). Cody flips out and attacks Orton after the match. You want Rhodes to be at that level, he's got to do something that "endangers" Orton to the point of people are concerned if he can come back and beat Rhodes.