The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wrestling Century" data-cite="Wrestling Century" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmmm, if what I've heard on the dirt sheets is true, John Morrison's contract will be expiring after the next Raw.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> and if what I read is true and that TNA wants him to work a program with Austin Aries, then it can't happen soon enough.</p>

<p>I think it was a test. They wanted to see how a crowd would react to him winning the belt. This is both good and bad.</p><p> </p><p>

It's good because the crowd ate it up. So obviously from a popularity standpoint, Bryan is ready to be the champion.</p><p> </p><p>

It's bad because when he does eventually win the belt, it won't have the same magic to it anymore because it's been done before (even if it was taken back).</p>

<p>Another cryptic video</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KN9FWb0zKm8?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="second2012"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

I am 100% sure it is Jericho.</p><p> </p><p>

Apparently they have a twitter itbegins2012 that talks about Rahab the Harlot which is from a bible verse that discusses the Kingdom of Jericho</p>

<p>A promo with Kane playing and his mask was shown with the words 'Kane Resurrected' I wonder if there's a chance he'll return with his mask as so many people have wanted for years...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I also think Miz's next attack if they want to go by 'people who held him back' the checklist would have to include Big Show, but I really don't see Miz being able to hurt Show too much, he'd have to use something that would ensure Show wouldn't get up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jjohns44" data-cite="jjohns44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A promo with Kane playing and his mask was shown with the words 'Kane Resurrected' I wonder if there's a chance he'll return with his mask as so many people have wanted for years...<p> </p><p> </p><p> I also think Miz's next attack if they want to go by 'people who held him back' the checklist would have to include Big Show, but I really don't see Miz being able to hurt Show too much, he'd have to use something that would ensure Show wouldn't get up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Judging from earlier, I'd say that Alex Riley is next as far as 'people who held The Miz back.'</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jjohns44" data-cite="jjohns44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>^ are they pretty much done with him because it seems like everytime the guy comes out to the ring he gets beaten to the point of putting him on the shelf...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His contract expired after RAW last night. The plan was for Brodus Clay to end John Morrison but switched to Miz last minute.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Astil" data-cite="Astil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On WWE.com they were reference Jannety so I think he's done. IW bound no doubt, and from what I read maybe a fued with Austin Aries?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've read that they are going to feud him with Aries but I feel like that wouldn't be enough for him. If TNA was going to give anyone a push from the WWE it should be Morrison. He is better than Jeff Hardy (personal opinion) and will be recognized as a guy who was one of the top WWE guys in the last few years.</p><p> </p><p> Personally I would love if he debuted feuding for the X-Title and won it. Then maybe bring in Joey Mathews and Melina to reform MnM after his X-Division Title run is up. They could win the tag titles and build on Hennigan's TNA success. Basically by next Bound for Glory he could have established himself as one of the top TNA guys and feud for the World Title thanks to Melinas help.</p><p> </p><p> I think Hennigan could be a good heel with Melina by his side. He could play up his true feelings for how people talk about him and Melina. It could get over if he did it right. He could even be the possessive bf like Randy Savage and Elizabeth or Jeff Jarrett and Debra. It would work for him I think.</p>

<p>I must say, I've really been enjoying the WWE lately. It seems crazy that the company of the last few weeks is the same company of the last few months.</p><p> </p><p>

Survivor Series was good. I thought it could have been great if they would have done more with Zack Ryder and more with the main event, but still, it was good, and it was easily the best PPV since MitB.</p><p> </p><p>

And the shows since then have been very good. Guys like Ryder, Barrett, Ziggler, Rhodes, and Bryan are getting smart pushes, Punk is doing great cutting promos against actual heels, all of the angles are simple yet effective, and they've been showcasing quality wrestling in the ring. I can't really ask for more. I hope this pays off for the WWE in the short term in terms of ratings, merch sales, and whatnot, because I'd like to see them continue in this direction.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've read that they are going to feud him with Aries but I feel like that wouldn't be enough for him. If TNA was going to give anyone a push from the WWE it should be Morrison. He is better than Jeff Hardy (personal opinion) and will be recognized as a guy who was one of the top WWE guys in the last few years.<p> </p><p> Personally I would love if he debuted feuding for the X-Title and won it. Then maybe bring in Joey Mathews and Melina to reform MnM after his X-Division Title run is up. They could win the tag titles and build on Hennigan's TNA success. Basically by next Bound for Glory he could have established himself as one of the top TNA guys and feud for the World Title thanks to Melinas help.</p><p> </p><p> I think Hennigan could be a good heel with Melina by his side. He could play up his true feelings for how people talk about him and Melina. It could get over if he did it right. He could even be the possessive bf like Randy Savage and Elizabeth or Jeff Jarrett and Debra. It would work for him I think.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Joey's training at FCW so I doubt he'd jump, even if that'd be cool.</p><p> </p><p> Also ... I dunno. JoMo's cool, but TNA's main event is ALREADY over populated. He could help make X matter again, if TNA truly wants that...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Astil" data-cite="Astil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Joey's training at FCW so I doubt he'd jump, even if that'd be cool.<p> </p><p> Also ... I dunno. JoMo's cool, but TNA's main event is ALREADY over populated. He could help make X matter again, if TNA truly wants that...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree he could make the X-Division really stand out again. I just feel like of all the former WWE guys other than Angle and Anderson he is the best. Never thought Jeff Hardy or RVD were really main eventers. They were on the brink and stuff but weren't in my opinion credible as the top guys. Morrison is in that group but I feel he is/was better than both of them.</p><p> </p><p> To me he is equal to Scott Hall 1995 basically... without the drugs and alcohol.</p><p> </p><p> If it were up to me TNA's main event in a year would be...</p><p> </p><p> John Morrison, Bobby Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Pope, Mr. Anderson, and Samoa Joe</p><p> </p><p> Then the guys who could float to main event down to midcard occasionally (Kane, Miz, and Big Show fall into this category in the WWE)...</p><p> </p><p> Jeff Jarrett, Matt Morgan, Crimson, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, and Bully Ray</p><p> </p><p> Morrison either way though could be really good for TNA. It also will give WWE some room to push other guys up into that position.</p>

<p>What a match in the main event too. I'm definitely looking forward to tonight's match with D-Bryan and Mark Henry. Guess this doesn't mean it's a MITB cash-in either, but another test of the water.</p><p>

He really showed he could be taken seriously in his promo with Cole and Henry last night. I would've loved to see him put Cole in a Lebell Lock just to add to the hilarity of him getting put into the Anaconda Vice, but kickin Mark in the bad leg was just enough.</p>

Bryan was awesome last night. I really hope they play out a story where he gets increasingly frustrated about not being able to win the title before finally snapping and cashing in on whichever unsuspecting face takes the belt from Henry. I think Bryan as an intense, bad ass heel would be amazing. I'm much more interested in Bryan turning heel than Cena at this point.

<p>Bryan is definitely more aggressive and fun to watch. I hope they go with it as well. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm just hoping they push him to be at that status where he CAN headline wrestlemania. I love the guy's work. I'm deeply hoping for some kind of intense Punk/Bryan feud. The two have wrestled before in the indys but I'd love to see it on the grandest stage of them all someday. Probably won't happen this year but who knows? The brands are closer together now than they've been since the split so we'll see.</p>

<p>A good Raw, even if it was heavily angle-based. The WWE won't turn Cena so they do the next best thing -- have Roddy Piper try to make him turn on the Cena Haters. A little better than the Foley segment and I guess they must be building to something with Cena...</p><p> </p><p>

I like how they're using Orton to put over guys like Barrett and Ziggler while he's not in the title picture. I love the new bearded, aggressive, hypocritical Daniel Bryan.</p><p> </p><p>

Del Rio looked fantastic against Punk -- one of his best matches this year. 2 Championship matches in 2 consecutive non-PPV shows -- about time! A shame the US and Intercontinental titles aren't defended much these days.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A good Raw, even if it was heavily angle-based. The WWE won't turn Cena so they do the next best thing -- have Roddy Piper try to make him turn on the Cena Haters. A little better than the Foley segment and I guess they must be building to something with Cena...<p> </p><p> I like how they're using Orton to put over guys like Barrett and Ziggler while he's not in the title picture. I love the new bearded, aggressive, hypocritical Daniel Bryan.</p><p> </p><p> Del Rio looked fantastic against Punk -- one of his best matches this year. 2 Championship matches in 2 consecutive non-PPV shows -- about time! A shame the US and Intercontinental titles aren't defended much these days.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I personally think they are going to have Cena go through an internal struggle about himself over the next few weeks. Right now he is treading water when it comes to his WWE storylines. He knows he is getting the Rock at WrestleMania so what does he do for the next 4 months? This is going to be one of the most crucial things leading into WM. He has to stay relevant with out actually feuding with someone since we all know he is going to WM to face Rock. I am just curious what they do with him at Royal Rumble? What's the point in having him in the Rumble since we know he won't be taking on the World Champ?</p><p> </p><p> So that means he is going to need a match at Royal Rumble. Do we have him face Punk for the title to keep them both away from the Rumble? I think that's the best bet. </p><p> </p><p> I also love that they are allowing Orton to look human instead of super Cena like. Orton has reached that level that he doesn't need the title or wins to stay on top. I like how he is elevating Barrett by feuding with him. I have liked Barrett since his debut on Nxt. I think the guy has all of the 4 tools. He has a good look, good on the mic, passable in the ring, and a passion to be in the business that drives a person to be the best. I really think Barrett, Sheamus, Miz and Cody Rhodes are the future of WWE in the next 3-5 years.</p><p> </p><p> Del Rio did look good. One thing I noticed that I guess I never really paid attention too was how big Del Rio was. Especially for a former luchadore, this guy has some good size to him. I think Del Rio will be the future Ted Dibiase type. He is always going to be in that upper mid card range that can float back and forth between Main Event and Mid Card. I don't think he will be entranced in the main event scene like Cena, Orton, Edge or guys like that in the past.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the point in having him in the Rumble since we know he won't be taking on the World Champ?</div></blockquote><p> When he won the Rumble in 2008, he used his title shot at No Way Out instead of Wrestlemania. They could have him say he'll do the same if he wins the Rumble again, as he wants to win the title so it can be on the line in his match with Rock.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When he won the Rumble in 2008, he used his title shot at No Way Out instead of Wrestlemania. They could have him say he'll do the same if he wins the Rumble again, as he wants to win the title so it can be on the line in his match with Rock.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that'd be a really good idea, especially if the Rock got involved and cost Cena the match. That'd be a great PPV main event, really ratchet up the Rock/Cena heat, and allow a relatively long build for Punk's WM opponent without having them touch each other at the PPV before WM, really building the anticipation. Plus, if they really plan on playing up Cena's mixed reactions leading up to his match against the Rock, putting him in a match against Punk on the PPV before WM would really push that angle.</p>