The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Always heard he was a bully. For as much as someone that small can be. Overly stiff with outsiders. Napoleon complex.

If true, I hope he fails.

I'm nowhere near an expert on Japanese wrestling, but the only time I've ever heard him really go out of his way to be overly stiff with an outsider was when Eddie Edwards gave him an unneeded stiff kick to the head when Kenta was on the apron and not even the legal man in the match. Kenta's partner through Eddie out of the ring and Kenta kicked the crap out of him.

That's just standard practice in wrestling though. If you stiff someone, you'll get stiffed back.

Always heard he was a bully. For as much as someone that small can be. Overly stiff with outsiders. Napoleon complex.

If true, I hope he fails.

It's commonplace in Japan for them to go a bit harder on first timers I even remember Austin or Jericho saying it recently on their podcast. Everyone who has worked with him in ROH has laws spoke highly of him, wrestling isn't ballet. I've watched more KENTA than I can even remember at this point and his entire style is about stiff striking regardless of who the opponent is and it has been for over a decade

I think Punk's peak would be about 87-88 with clear potential to go higher but then they beat him 4 straight PPVs when he returned in 2011 and it was clear he was never at the same level arguably until the Rock and Taker feuds as a heel and he lost both of those too.

I would generally agree, the obvious exception being Chicago, where he's pretty obviously an A-A*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Devitt

I heard about this guy from OSW Review on YouTube and I decided to look him up. He looks quite talented from the YouTube footage of him against Low Ki , then I nearly lost it when I heard that he was Irish and he signed for WWE. But with the representations of Irish people in WWE (Sheamus, which isn't too bad, and Becky Lynch, which is a disgrace) I'm a bit worried about what might happen to him. I hope they use one of these incarnations of him. But I don't think the Joker one would be allowed.

http://superpoweredfiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/zombie-princedevitt.jpg

14241560156_7f90bf1f36_z.jpg

what you guys think?

None of them would be allowed and the body paint gimmick isn't even half as awesome as his actual gimmick. I personally think all of the comic gimmicks are overshadowing how awesome he really is

http://youtu.be/fXF8AG86ly4

http://youtu.be/ULGm0kGBPbI

I agree with that, although the Real Rock N' Rolla might be too Chris Jericho-like for him to bring that to WWE. But the dude is just a great wrestler, he has that aura about him, every time I watch him wrestle I'm just glued to the TV. He has the potential to be very big in WWE, the fans will love his wrestling style and he'll pull out moves that that audience have never seen before (Shingata Prince's Throne for example). If he gets the right gimmick, there'll be no stopping him.

Smackdown Review:

Fandango (/w Layla) vs Rose (/w Summer) - The inevitable catfight took center stage. Rose got decent pop during his entrance with Summer at his side.

Rusev, Lana & Reigns - Lana and Roman cut promos, then Lana forced Rusev to back down.

Cameron vs AJ - OK match. Cameron tried to get a count-out but Naomi tossed her back in the ring to eat a Shining Wizard. Cameron busted out a decent version of Cattle Mutilation which surprised me!

Titus & Slater vs The Usos - Squash match.

Jericho vs Orton - Good match. Orton hit the RKO after Bray's entrance sting played.

Layla vs Summer - Fandango was guest referee. There was lots of kissing. Then Fandango started dancing and both ladies attacked him. Then Summer and Layla danced together. I can put up with the over-the-top soap opera storyline but the lack of wrestling stops me from giving a crap. The balance is better in the NXT womens division. Summer needs to turn heel again before Sasha gets called up.

Axel vs Goldust - Stardust's theatrics were better than the match.

Diego & El Torito vs Dallas - OK match. The bull never got tagged in. Bo tossed El Toritio in the ring after winning, pretended to be concerned about hurting him, then hit his finisher. "We bolieve!" chants and lots of puntastic signs. The added comedy combined with his nasty streak is getting him over. That's fine for now but he needs a proper feud at or after SummerSlam.

Rusev vs Reigns - Solid match. Reigns was going for the spear when Orton caused a DQ. Reigns Superman Punched him before Rusev layed him out. Lana and Rusev left Reigns in the ring for Orton to RKO him.

Verdict: Weakest Smackdown in some time.

This is totally relevant to something somewhere so I'm posting it.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large_lightbox/public/photo/image/2014/07/40_WorldCup5580b.jpg

The

As mentioned before in this thread I find Paige hawt...

Always had a thing for pale goth chicks...

So, what does everybody think of the KENTA signing? Will he defy the odds and be a Daniel Bryan? Or will he become the next Funaki?

Neither. To defy the odds the odds must be against him and I don't think the odds are against him, and he certainly isn't going to "become the next Funaki". It almost feels like KENTA has been around for decades but in all actuality he should be in the prime of his wrestling career since he's in his early 30's. WWE have already shown him a huge amount of respect by firstly allowing him to keep the name KENTA and, secondly, doing the contract signing in Japan and with Hulk Hogan no-less. Quite simply, I don't think KENTA would have signed with the 'E if he had even the slightest inkling that they were going to screw him around - it's not like he needed to because I think it's safe to say he was doing alright for himself in Japan. As someone else already mentioned too, I think WWE have learned from their mistakes by sending him to NXT first and not relying on the fact that someone is over in another country. Am I sure that he's going to be a superstar? No, of course not but I think he's got the best chance out of all the Japanese wrestlers WWE have ever signed. I'm just dreading all the comments from people if/when KENTA uses Daniel Bryan's knee and/or CM Punk's GTS. There's bound to be some close-minded groups on the internet who'll think KENTA has "stole" these moves when we all know what the reality is. xD

Neither. To defy the odds the odds must be against him and I don't think the odds are against him, and he certainly isn't going to "become the next Funaki". It almost feels like KENTA has been around for decades but in all actuality he should be in the prime of his wrestling career since he's in his early 30's. WWE have already shown him a huge amount of respect by firstly allowing him to keep the name KENTA and, secondly, doing the contract signing in Japan and with Hulk Hogan no-less. Quite simply, I don't think KENTA would have signed with the 'E if he had even the slightest inkling that they were going to screw him around - it's not like he needed to because I think it's safe to say he was doing alright for himself in Japan. As someone else already mentioned too, I think WWE have learned from their mistakes by sending him to NXT first and not relying on the fact that someone is over in another country. Am I sure that he's going to be a superstar? No, of course not but I think he's got the best chance out of all the Japanese wrestlers WWE have ever signed. I'm just dreading all the comments from people if/when KENTA uses Daniel Bryan's knee and/or CM Punk's GTS. There's bound to be some close-minded groups on the internet who'll think KENTA has "stole" these moves when we all know what the reality is. xD

Yep, I agree 100% with that. I'm a little worried about when he starts doing the GTS and the Knee, because the commentators aren't going to admit on national TV that their "superstars" CM Punk and D-Bry jacked their moveset from a Japanese newcomer. That just won't fly. But KENTA does seem to have the right mindset about this - he's said that improving his english is his priority right now, he's willing to work with any name he's given and he's willing to spend as much time in NXT as he needs to. I have a good feeling about this. WWE have signed him, Devitt and Steen, I think all three could be big stars.

I don't think KENTA, Steen or Devitt would sign with WWE given their popularity in their former companies unless they were promised a high profile run in WWE. That doesn't mean WWE won't drop the ball creatively down the track. I'm excited to see them on NXT first, where WWE can build some buzz about them for fans who don't follow non-WWE wrestling.

Raw wasn't that good. The best segments were the Ambrose beatdown, Ziggler getting the ladies, Lana/Rusev/Zeb/Swagger debate, Stardust, Paige/AJ pow-wow, and Bo Dallas (who made a Khali match entertaining). Budget cuts, product hawking and Network pimping won't help WWE if they can't consistently put out strong shows.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/034/265/Meme_3xa5c3_original.jpg?1377899347http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/27.jpghttp://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsi8nY-CQAAlo88.jpg

The

As mentioned before in this thread I find Paige hawt...

Always had a thing for pale goth chicks...

Never had a 'thing' for goth chicks, never had a 'thing' for fussball and not a fan of the outfit. But for some reason that eludes me, this picture is just really hot. But be the pose I guess?

Never had a 'thing' for goth chicks, never had a 'thing' for fussball and not a fan of the outfit. But for some reason that eludes me, this picture is just really hot. But be the pose I guess?

For me its a combination of her skin and the colors of the uniform. It makes it magical for some reason.

And her eyes are fixed exactly on the ball. Great shot all in all.

After watching RAW, I felt it didn't really qualify as an appetizer for a PPV. I'm more excited for Paige vs AJ and that didn't even got build up well (the pic absolutely has nothing to do with it :rolleyes:). It leaves the 'universe' wondering what plan B and C are, but Cena will probably win anyway. Plan C is probably the MitB cash-in, after Cesaro softens up Cena or something in order to get the first shot.

And Flair bowing down to Cena was more disgusting than the Mae Young stinkface segments. Him picking 'Cena' just came out of nowhere in a futile effort to push him to the moon.

No, no, that doesn't add up at all. My version has more C's in it: Cesaro, Cena, Cash-in,... :p

Are you referring to Lesnar making an appearance (seems unlikely?), or Heyman choosing a new client?

I'm thinking Lesnar shows up at the end and Heyman tells Cena who he's Summerslam opponent is. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooccccccccckkkkkkkk Leeeessssssssssssssnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr