The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I think Rollins cashes in the night after WrestleMania. I'm hoping it's Bryan. The prospect of a 30 minute Bryan vs. Rollins match makes my mouth water.

that would be pretty sweet

i just get that feeling that Reigns is going to be pushed no matter what types, and imagine him to do what Ambrose couldn't and beat Rollins

i was hoping for Bryan vs Lesnar for Wrestlemania, but i imagine that's a place for me and TEW 13 to book

Raw Review:

The Great - Sheamus vs Rusev (Quality match -- aside from the Survivor Series setup finish -- almost ruined by stupid chants).

The Good - All of HHH's segments. Swagger vs Rollins. Cena vs Ryback (The Big Guy has never looked better, shame they telegraphed his turn on the Authority with lopsided segments.)

The OK - Fox vs Paige. Ziggler vs Henry. Miz & Mizdow (ft. Mini Miz) vs Los Matadores. Kidd vs Rose.

The Bad - AJ vs Brie.

Verdict: Good show. I'm starting to enjoy the build to Survivor Series.

http://s24.postimg.org/r74yzy685/wwelol.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/B3hp2jF.jpg

That Markus promo on NXT felt nice. It looked like he's embarking on some sort of acolyte gimmick. Please have him debut as one of Bray Wyatt's acolytes somewhere along the road.

Who is Markus? That guy looked interesting at least.

Balor's debut was pretty cool, that was a pretty good episode of NXT. Excited for Sami/Neville tomorrow night.

It's hardly the same as taking a physical beating for 50 weeks a year only to be passed up for a guy who works 3 matches and from the looks of things he's at least going to be somewhat regular.

Oh its "somewhat regular"... like....uhm...BATISTA? ?

LOL

He is writing for the one of the biggest selling issues of the year. And taking a nice check i might add. There's a lot of comic book writers who do this every day for years and have to go through pretty absurd lengths so get a gig like that....

Just saying...

It's not like all of those guys are already in the marvel bubble and are directly being passed up on for Punk. Nobody ever said Rock stole a spot from random indy worker X

You're really reaching here

Comics are almost as ruthless as wrestling when it comes to work environments. It's an eat or be eaten situation where celebrities like CM Punk coming in can certainly disrupt a promising creator's career. By doing this Punk is taking attention away from other Marvel series and, since people only buy so many comics each month, disrupting the sales of new and up-and-coming series.

So no, he's not reaching, if anything he's not reaching far enough. As Punk has yet to prove he can even competently write a comic. IMO, this is more like giving a celebrity a championship just because they're more famous than your wrestlers.

I don't remember where I read about it, but this isn't the first time Punk wrote for Marvel. He did an intro to one of them a while back, and i believe it was a pretty big deal in that Marvel was more then happy with it. All I'm saying is that I'm sure this didn't come from nowhere.

What if he pulls something off that's special. Imagine a comic wrote from the perspective of a villain, something I think he could do.

Comics are almost as ruthless as wrestling when it comes to work environments. It's an eat or be eaten situation where celebrities like CM Punk coming in can certainly disrupt a promising creator's career. By doing this Punk is taking attention away from other Marvel series and, since people only buy so many comics each month, disrupting the sales of new and up-and-coming series.

So no, he's not reaching, if anything he's not reaching far enough. As Punk has yet to prove he can even competently write a comic. IMO, this is more like giving a celebrity a championship just because they're more famous than your wrestlers.

The Thor Annual #1, which CM Punk is involved on, is a collection of 10 page stories, mostly from new writers. Are they all stealing work from those that are already established, or should we not allow new people to break into the industry, regardless of their backgrounds?

There's also a huge difference between a pro-wrestler returning after a decade to win the title in his first swoop and stick around for a month or so and someone changing careers entirely. CM Punk isn't coming in at the top for a one shot deal pay, he's coming with the aim of making it a career, and let's not forget that he's writing part of an annual. An annual? I've been buying comics for almost 15 years and only once have I bothered with an annual, as they are usually (and will be in this case, too) non-cannon and just a way for writers to experiment. Let's not act like he's coming in and 'taking spots', as that spot was never meant for anyone else. New writers were always going to be on this project.

Wrestling fans right now:

"How dare they keep shoving the same wrestlers down our throats every week! They should let some of the newer guys take a shot!"

"How dare they bring in these new writers at Marvel! The established writers should be front and centre, at all times!"

Zayn & Kidd are working matches on Main Event is pretty cool.

So if Zayn and Gabriel were both in matches does that mean Darren Young is playing the Bunny now?

I heard that was the plan originally, to continue the Young/Titus feud. With the exception that the bunny's arm had been seen and it was white. If they were just not going to explain that or hope that people didn't notice, I'm not sure.

The Thor Annual #1, which CM Punk is involved on, is a collection of 10 page stories, mostly from new writers. Are they all stealing work from those that are already established, or should we not allow new people to break into the industry, regardless of their backgrounds?

There's also a huge difference between a pro-wrestler returning after a decade to win the title in his first swoop and stick around for a month or so and someone changing careers entirely. CM Punk isn't coming in at the top for a one shot deal pay, he's coming with the aim of making it a career, and let's not forget that he's writing part of an annual. An annual? I've been buying comics for almost 15 years and only once have I bothered with an annual, as they are usually (and will be in this case, too) non-cannon and just a way for writers to experiment. Let's not act like he's coming in and 'taking spots', as that spot was never meant for anyone else. New writers were always going to be on this project.

"How dare they keep shoving the same wrestlers down our throats every week! They should let some of the newer guys take a shot!"

"How dare they bring in these new writers at Marvel! The established writers should be front and centre, at all times!"

Okay first of all, I somehow missed that there were more writers than Punk involved. Secondly, I never once said that the established writers would be hurt by Punk getting to write a comic. I said that it would affect the newer writers, which I will probably be proven wrong about, what with the other new writers being involved.

When I heard about this, I read it as Punk being given a Thor special all to himself just because he was famous and it came off as massively hypocritical to me for a man from an industry where paying your dues is required, not just expected, to go into another industry and not have to pay any dues at all. That's all I was trying to say.

This is pretty much right, except for the part about annuals being "non-cannon" [sic]. Your arms need to be pretty long to make the reach that Punk is somehow a hypocrite somehow for leaving WWE and doing something else that he wants to do.

Some famous, totally canon annuals: Spider-Man Annual 21 (Spidey marries Mary Jane), Fantastic Four 3 (Reed and Sue marry), and 6 (Franklin Richards is born), Avengers Annual 10 (Rogue debuts, steals Carol Danvers' powers, memories). The trend of publishing annuals died out at Marvel after the boom around 1994. Marvel doesn't really publish them now because they're not on a 12 issue a month schedule, so there's really no need for them.

This is pretty much right, except for the part about annuals being "non-cannon" [sic]. Your arms need to be pretty long to make the reach that Punk is somehow a hypocrite somehow for leaving WWE and doing something else that he wants to do.

Some famous, totally canon annuals: Spider-Man Annual 21 (Spidey marries Mary Jane), Fantastic Four 3 (Reed and Sue marry), and 6 (Franklin Richards is born), Avengers Annual 10 (Rogue debuts, steals Carol Danvers' powers, memories). The trend of publishing annuals died out at Marvel after the boom around 1994. Marvel doesn't really publish them now because they're not on a 12 issue a month schedule, so there's really no need for them.

Yeah, perhaps I was strecthing with my annuals comment. :o

Okay first of all, I somehow missed that there were more writers than Punk involved. Secondly, I never once said that the established writers would be hurt by Punk getting to write a comic. I said that it would affect the newer writers, which I will probably be proven wrong about, what with the other new writers being involved.

When I heard about this, I read it as Punk being given a Thor special all to himself just because he was famous and it came off as massively hypocritical to me for a man from an industry where paying your dues is required, not just expected, to go into another industry and not have to pay any dues at all. That's all I was trying to say.

Sorry, I made the mistake of not reading your previous comment properly. Just re-read your comment and some of what I said may have been off.

My apologies.

i am really looking forward to Survivor Series

been going through the possible results

if Team Cena wins

then i reckon Sheamus and Rusev will go to a double count out

Harper, Kane and Henry can take the elimination by pin or submission, but Rusev would have to be a tainted elimination

Rollins is also a difficult one as he has been quite strong, is there any chance of Lesnar interfering, i don't read dirt sheets so i do not know

Ziggler, Show, and Sheamus can also take a standard elimination without looking weak, but Ryback since they seem to be building him up again will look weak