The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Lol. Even our main national news station had it as a news in the designated 'fun' section, even though the popularity of WWE is relatively small (though at an all-time high).

As for Rusev/Cena: They aren't seriously going to do that, right? The Cena pop-bucket is overflowing for years. It will have been pointless building him up as a monster heel. He's at his peak.

Lol. Even our main national news station had it as a news in the designated 'fun' section, even though the popularity of WWE is relatively small (though at an all-time high).

As for Rusev/Cena: They aren't seriously going to do that, right? The Cena pop-bucket is overflowing for years. It will have been pointless building him up as a monster heel. He's at his peak.

Yeah so? Bray Wyatt was white hot coming off clean wins over Daniel Bryan and the Shield before the Cena feud. His reactions were never bigger and slowly diminished the longer his feud with Cena went on.

It's sad but it's the very obvious way that WWE works

Yeah so? Bray Wyatt was white hot coming off clean wins over Daniel Bryan and the Shield before the Cena feud. His reactions were never bigger and slowly diminished the longer his feud with Cena went on.

It's sad but it's the very obvious way that WWE works

That is true. I guess Rusev can get even bigger as a result of the feud. But my point was that Cena can't, and therefore shouldn't be the one pinning Rusev. The pop gain will be irrelevant.

At this rate I'm sure Rusev will be a defacto face by the time they face anyways

Yeah Putin will always get heat but he is routinely winning clean and putting on gutsy performances (borderline crying while trying to finish Swagger). He could very much be in a sympathetic position in a match with Cena

All in all Rusev is ridiculously awesome so we should just sit back and enjoy him while he's still getting attention from management

NXT Review:

Corbin vs Sampson - Another squash match but Corbin's look, entrance and finisher have gotten him over already.

Zayn & Kidd - Sami cut a promo about coming up short and committing to win the NXT Title. Kidd (wearing Zayn's merch) ran him down. This was followed by a good back-and-forth.

Lucha Dragons vs Blake & Murphy - Solid match. Sin Cara got the pin with a Sunset Flip Powerbomb from the top rope. Murphy was booked strong.

Lynch vs Charlotte - Good match. Lynch needs a better character to match her in-ring prowess. Charlotte has superstar potential.

Enzo & Cass vs The Legionairres - Leforte accidentally pulled Louis' wig off so Louis beat the crap out of him.

Carmella vs Old Blue Pants - "Old Blue Pants" is Enzo's nickname for the unnamed rookie (Leva Bates). Squash win for Carmella with a leg choke submission.

Zayn vs Kidd - Good match won by Zayn.

Verdict: Good show to kick-off the Road to Takeover 3: Sami's Redemption.

Smackdown was completely skippable. The Hell in a Cell build-up feels like it's dragging now. Ambrose vs Kane was an uninspired main event. Lana comparing Big Show and Henry to Goodyear Blimps was funny. Nikki & Naomi had a decent match. Rollins & Ziggler put on a good match with a clean finish.

http://static.dyp.im/isRFG3cpqh/27970d922dfc3b12e7b4de53be0e875d.gif

Lana comparing Big Show and Henry to Goodyear Blimps was funny.

http://static.dyp.im/isRFG3cpqh/27970d922dfc3b12e7b4de53be0e875d.gif

She looks like more Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg/300px-Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

I'm interested in both of them, but it'd be hard not to considering the amount of build-up that went into it. The Wyatt promo this week was... interesting, to say the least. The USA vs USSR storyline should end pretty soon anyway so he'll disappear from sight for a while, I'd think.

All in all it was an entertaining RAW, though I skipped through parts of it.

He was a lot better back in NXT when he had Sylvester Lefort as his manager. For that matter, Lefort was a lot better then too.

I have to disagree. Lana is a way better fit with Rusev in my opinion probably because they are dating in real life.

Lefort hasn't been given a gimmick or character development to get really get over. He's french and that's basically been it. I think he will find a way to get over soon but right now he's just there to establish Enzo and Cass which isn't a bad role as it gets him on tv.

I have to disagree. Lana is a way better fit with Rusev in my opinion probably because they are dating in real life.

Lefort hasn't been given a gimmick or character development to get really get over. He's french and that's basically been it. I think he will find a way to get over soon but right now he's just there to establish Enzo and Cass which isn't a bad role as it gets him on tv.

Lefort had a character back when he had the fighting legionnaires. Once that was taken away from him, he didn't really have much.

NXT Review:

The Ascension vs Jordan & Dillinger - Solid squash match followed by Itami failing to beat up the Ascension on his own.

Parker vs Breeze - Solid match. I hope Breeze doesn't fully turn babyface.

The Vaudevillians vs Murphy & Blake - Solid match. Murphy impressed again, this time with his selling ability.

Bayley vs Sasha - Good match and a big win for Sasha. This was followed by Becky turning heel on Bayley, which was a bit rushed after only being foreshadowed last week. Sasha is ready for the main roster.

Titus vs Neville (NXT Championship) - OK match let down by O'Neill's lack of pace and jobber status on the main roster. Still, it made Neville look like a strong champ so job done.

Verdict: Solid show but the main event could have been better.

I may be extremely selfish in saying this but I really wish the talent down in NXT would stay down in NXT for as long as they can. There is no rush for me to see them on the main shows considering how bad RAW has been lately and with the history of how NXT call ups are being treated once they hit the main shows.