The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Well, if you don't like Wrestlemania, you have your dedicated developmental brand, NXT.

Somehow, someway, we get your and our money!

Thats why I dropped the Network and stopped watching Raw. If there's something I REALLY need to watch on NXT Dailymotion has the vids or even youtube puts clips. Lucha Underground is a good enough replacement for NXT anyways.

This Bill DeMott thing is blowing up on Twitter, although some guys are defending him. I wonder if WWE will be forced to investigate and sweep it under the rug yet again.

Joey Ryan: "DeMott isn't only villain in Judas story. Canyon Ceman is Sr Director of Talent Relations & chose to ignore issue."

MVP: "Damn. That s*** is STILL going on?"

Luke Gallows: "My 2 cents....@BillDeMott was a great trainer & teacher of young men growing into the wrestling biz....#RESPECT"

Ethan Carter: "I love/sacrificed for pro wrestling. A Hart can stretch me any day. A know nothing dip**** slapping me when I'm concussed is different."

And another letter from a former developmental guy (Ryan Collins) sent to Canyon Ceman (Sr Director of Talent Relations). Nothing came of it and Collins was fired a few weeks later.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSportsCourier/posts/10153027247041558:0

Not to mention it was Harley Race who told the guy to send the letter and that if anyone had a problem with the leter to talk to him. If Harley Race thinks that Demott training isn't tough but abusive there's something there.

Funniest thing was Jericho going "in my days" on twitter and then deleting his post due to the negative reaction. Either he didn't know about the new allegations or WWE told him to take it down to the his tweet basically implying the allegations were true.

One of the Book's best non-comedy-themed promo's. He totally nailed it, while Trips was struggling a little. Wasn't expecting that. I liked this RAW, though the supposed main star (maybe I'm biased here, and for the record, I'm talking about Reigns) looked like a douche. He screwed up his promo's.

Wonder if Booker will play a part in the Mania match.

Hilarious how they integrate an Alabama Slam into the divas match, yet feature it during the commercials. Good job.

One of the Book's best non-comedy-themed promo's. He totally nailed it, while Trips was struggling a little. Wasn't expecting that. I liked this RAW, though the supposed main star (maybe I'm biased here, and for the record, I'm talking about Reigns) looked like a douche. He screwed up his promo's.

Wonder if Booker will play a part in the Mania match.

Hilarious how they integrate an Alabama Slam into the divas match, yet feature it during the commercials. Good job.

Yeah Reigns is still barely tolerable on the mic and awful when he flubs. But I'm really starting to enjoy his character and in-ring work so I can overlook it for now.

There is however one good effect caused by the draught of quality wrestling: After finally regaining access to a dvd player, I put in No Mercy 2001 and immensely enjoyed the beginning of the show. In fact, it started with the Hardy's vs Storm & Hurricane, which was quite cool. It got followed up by Kane vs Test, where I immediately had the reflex to skip to the next part, but I didn't (because I was lazy). Believe it or not, but I enjoyed it a lot (and I don't even like Test ffs). After that, by desire for wrestling action was already satiated and I put the thing off. Actually, no, I let it run a little more for Torrie & Stacy, which also contained action ("of a graphic nature" #Sunny), and honestly the whole thing could only get better, looking at what was ahead.

Now this might be nostalgia speaking, true, but whatever happens it's just more enjoyable than anything out there barring, perhaps, NXT. Also: those were the days where a PPV was almost entirely made out of matches (95%?, now it's 85% maybe?).

Thats why I dropped the Network and stopped watching Raw. If there's something I REALLY need to watch on NXT Dailymotion has the vids or even youtube puts clips. Lucha Underground is a good enough replacement for NXT anyways.

Isn't NXT on Hulu as well, at least the weekly show?

Now this might be nostalgia speaking, true, but whatever happens it's just more enjoyable than anything out there barring, perhaps, NXT. Also: those were the days where a PPV was almost entirely made out of matches (95%?, now it's 85% maybe?).

There's a guy on Cageside Seats that breaks down all the PPV statistics.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/3/1/8119455/match-times-wwe-fastlane-edition

Summary for Fast Lane:

Match - 47.0% - 1h 23m 53s

Pre-match - 18.5% - 32m 56s

Post-match - 12.7% - 22m 35s

Miscellaneous - 21.8% - 38m 58s

I wonder if it was entirely voluntary or if Vince "let" him resign because WWE can't afford the bad publicity before Wrestlemania.

There is however one good effect caused by the draught of quality wrestling: After finally regaining access to a dvd player, I put in No Mercy 2001 and immensely enjoyed the beginning of the show. In fact, it started with the Hardy's vs Storm & Hurricane, which was quite cool. It got followed up by Kane vs Test, where I immediately had the reflex to skip to the next part, but I didn't (because I was lazy). Believe it or not, but I enjoyed it a lot (and I don't even like Test ffs). After that, by desire for wrestling action was already satiated and I put the thing off. Actually, no, I let it run a little more for Torrie & Stacy, which also contained action ("of a graphic nature" #Sunny), and honestly the whole thing could only get better, looking at what was ahead.

Test was an underrated worker before he got all roid-y. He couldn't really talk, but he was a big guy who could work well with anybody.

And yeah, as posted, WWE PPV's have never been anywhere near 95% matches. Wrestlemania X7 is a match-heavy show, but it still has a bell-to-bell time of 2:06, and a run-time on the network of 3:45. An era earlier, Wrestlemania V is 3:37 on the network, with a bell-to-bell of 1:51.

NXT Review:

Rose vs Breeze - Fun match that would bomb with any other crowd. Breeze's disgust for the Rosebuds was funny.

Blake & Murphy vs Dawkins & Fulton - Solid match. The enhancement talent got in some offense.

Corbin vs Briggs - Squash match... again. Owens hovered behind Riley and poured water over his head. Albert held Riley back. Riley told Regal he quit as an announcer. Owens as a sinister, dangerous heel is the best booking possible in a PG environment.

Sami Zayn, Alexa Bliss, Enzo & Cass, Bayley & Emma - Good promos from all them.

Bull vs Crowe - Disappointing match. Bull dominated until Crowe elbowed him in the face and hit his headbutt to the stomach out of the ropes. It's a finisher that shouldn't work on a guy with a padded stomach. Until they learn how to integrate the hacker gimmick Crowe is basically Crazy Ambrose #2.

Charlotte vs Sasha (Women's Championship) - Great match. The crowd were 50/50. Lots of brutal looking submissions and targeting of body parts. Sasha threw everything she had at Charlotte and resorted to using the ropes for leverage to get the pin, keeping Charlotte strong in defeat. This was a standout match for Charlotte in terms of her selling ability. Only on NXT do the women main event to "This is Wrestling!" chants :)

Verdict: Mediocre show overall but the main event was well worth watching.

NXT_267_Photo_03-3502188712.0.jpgNXT_02122015ca_2778-3077081121.0.0.jpg

Test was an underrated worker before he got all roid-y. He couldn't really talk, but he was a big guy who could work well with anybody.

And yeah, as posted, WWE PPV's have never been anywhere near 95% matches. Wrestlemania X7 is a match-heavy show, but it still has a bell-to-bell time of 2:06, and a run-time on the network of 3:45. An era earlier, Wrestlemania V is 3:37 on the network, with a bell-to-bell of 1:51.

There wasn't one backstage segment at WrestleMania 29 IIRC. I don't remember how many in-ring segments there were though. It might be close to 95%.

EDIT: Actually it's not close. I guess the video packages and stuff all add up.

WM 29 was the one that kept endlessly showing the Rock/Cena video but then didnt even play it before the actual match right?

The timing on that show was horrendous. Jack Swagger also got a jobber entrance in a world title match...and had a special jeep entrance

Allegedly that was Swagger's punishment for his DUI, according to rumors around that time. It didn't make any sense though, because according to live reports he actually got a special entrance with an ATV, so I'm not sure how just not showing the entrance to the PPV audience is much of a punishment.

Apparently Tensai/Albert/A-Train/Jason Albert/WayTooManyNames is the interim head trainer at the Performance Center until they hire a new head trainer. They just hired Adam Pearce now too long ago, so I imagine he'll eventually take the job.

Albert is a good pick though. Well respected guy who was a teacher before wrestling.

Apparently Tensai/Albert/A-Train/Jason Albert/WayTooManyNames is the interim head trainer at the Performance Center until they hire a new head trainer. They just hired Adam Pearce now too long ago, so I imagine he'll eventually take the job.

Albert is a good pick though. Well respected guy who was a teacher before wrestling.

They call him "The A-Train(er)."

I'll show myself out.