The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Yeah nothing too bad about being comical overall. But failed opportunity after failed opportunity, I expected Gable to finally snap and become a cold-hearted wrestling machine. These comedy angles do not seem to me to be the best option for him and his ongoing momentum.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CQI13 said:

I originally thought The Bloodline story should have ended at WM39 and they gave it legs. This is one beat in a much longer story especially since he just re-signed.

Still not a good start imo. Would be down with the Wyatt6 if it was less super natural and just generally creepy and psychotic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Andrade and Melo had a nice match! Happy for the Mexican taking the W. Not something new, but Andrade's two huge problems are that he can't cut a decent promo in English and he doesn't really have an interesting or unique character. How would you handle his booking?

I think him with Zelina was the best booking I’ve seen of him. He needs to be a heel and have a manager to hype him up.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I think him with Zelina was the best booking I’ve seen of him. He needs to be a heel and have a manager to hype him up.

Agree 100%. Also, if that's a way to no longer have to see at 45kg wrestler treated as a serious competitor inside the squared circle all the better lol

Character-wise though, I think he needs something extra to non being seen as Santos Escobar clone 🤔

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

I don't think Zelina is a very good heel, though. I find her current babyface turn works for much better.

Yeah I mean it's not like she can't work the bitchy manager, always a classic and easy to get heat on.

I can't really see treat her like a legitimate wrestler so it's hard to me to think about her as a good babyface. She's ok as a babyface valet I guess.

4 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

When Dom is turning on Rhea at SummerSlam, is it the first time a heel turns even heeler? 😂

Ric Flair when he turned on Sting maybe? Did he ever turn face at all...I don't remember. Legitimately going to ponder your question all day :p 

I’m actually hoping Dom doesn’t turn on Rhea at SummerSlam I think a short soft face run for Dom with Rhea feuding with Liv and Finn would be good and let Dom grow jealous as the feud goes on. 

21 minutes ago, Ajstylesfan1978 said:

Can't blame Dom at all but how do you book the turn? Dom distract Rhea and Liv hits Rhea with a chain? Or do you start to add Finn as a added distraction?

I could see something similar to Jericho vs Christian at Mania XX, where Dom accidentally takes a stinger in the corner and when Rhea goes to check on him he petulantly pushes her away into a rollup/Oblivion. 

• Like 2

So it’s been a long time since I’ve dropped in but seeing the new game coming out got me to swing through and also wanted to share the following:

Just started a pro-wrestling YouTube show with a buddy of mine. Check it out we’ve got the SummerSlam predictions up now:

https://youtube.com/@one2kickoutpodcast?si=CytlATDfyuviVPB3

Also if you like to do prop bets and comps join here and be a part of the 1..2..Kickout faction to compete alongside the hosts of the show and others. 

digital.prowrestlingscorecards.com/#/invite/f/7dcef967-703c-45f7-bc09-2c92ea89a92d/daa84a

Soooooo Cody was forced to wrestle in a Bloodline Rules match at Mania that was sponsored as a nightmare turned reality and basically an impossible mountain to climb for Cody, and rightfully so!

And 3/4 months after that, Cody accepts the same stipulation with complete nonchalance the day before the match? How does this make sense?

A loudmouth old man from Kentucky would probably call this “Laaaaaaazy Booking”.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Soooooo Cody was forced to wrestle in a Bloodline Rules match at Mania that was sponsored as a nightmare turned reality and basically an impossible mountain to climb for Cody, and rightfully so!

And 3/4 months after that, Cody accepts the same stipulation with complete nonchalance the day before the match? How does this make sense?

A loudmouth old man from Kentucky would probably call this “Laaaaaaazy Booking”.

While I would normally agree I see it as Cody knows he has backup likely Roman coming back. Cody was also talking about how he’s not afraid of Solo’s goons which if he’s not afraid of them he’s proving it by accepting the stipulation. I think there’s enough story going on with this that it’s not a big hang up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guyver3 said:

While I would normally agree I see it as Cody knows he has backup likely Roman coming back. Cody was also talking about how he’s not afraid of Solo’s goons which if he’s not afraid of them he’s proving it by accepting the stipulation. I think there’s enough story going on with this that it’s not a big hang up. 

I agree with this. I get the sense from Cody's promos that he's one step ahead of Solo. I could be wrong, though.

• Like 1

Assume Cody already planned that he had Reigns, KO and Randy having his back on SummerSlam - which is a bold assumption imo, why Reigns should already ensure Cody he will have is back? - he’ll have their backs in a classic 1vs1 too, am I wrong?

Cody’s a babyface who knows he’s better than Solo, he has champion advantage in case of DQ, and even if The Bloodline would interfere in a classic 1vs1 he’ll have his friends (again, and assume he already knows Roman will help him) backing him up. Why accepting a no dq match this nonchalantly lol

That’s just lazy, I’m sorry, and makes no sense … By doing this they won’t have to worry about how to book all interferences without having to call a DQ.  

How I’m looking at it Cody doesn’t necessarily think he has Roman as an ally but he has inside knowledge that Roman will be back and after everything that’s happened he’s going to want a piece of Solo first. It’s been no secret that Heyman and Cody have history so that’s where he gets the info cause of course Paul is going to plot 

I absolutely loved the show! 

Liv VS Rhea was a really solid opener and even though we all saw it coming, it was very well executed! I am looking forward to the continuation, especially with Judgment Day imploding. 

I was a little suprised that Sami VS Bron was so short, but looking at it positively, it shows what kind of beast Breakker is, but taking out Sami within 5 minutes.

Knight finally winning gold is great and Paul did really well, once again.

Bailex VS Jax finishing stretch was really, really well done. 

Punk VS Drew, as far as I am concerned, was amazing. I was locked in the whole time and loved every second. By the way, did anyone else catch Punk telling Rollins he doesn't care about his SABU PANTS??? That had me laughing for quite some time. 😁

Priest VS Gunther was great, as most of us expected, I guess. I gotta be honest though, it didn't draw me in, like the previous match.

Cody VS Solo felt like it was building up to the return of Roman Reigns. They could have or maybe even should have shaved off like 5-10 minutes, because it felt like every other Bloodline match, but without the Star Power that Roman has. That Pop was insane, though and when he went for the spear, I got goosebumps! 

I am really looking forward to what comes next! 

• Like 4