The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I was at the Elimination Chamber PPV and thought that after reading some feedback from you guys that I would throw in my own.

Dark Match: Hunico defeated Alex Riley, nothing special but at least Hunico got on PPV even if it was a dark match.

Raw Chamber: A great way to open the show although I might have had the World Title Chamber open instead. I thought that the match was insane and it was good and everything that happened as far as the eliminations were concerned I expected except for Jerichos early elimination.

Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina: Better match than I expected and a great way to make Beth look strong if Kharma is indeed coming after her next.

Smackdown Chamber: I thought it was good although I liked the Raw chamber better, Santino being the last one eliminated gave him a huge rub that he deserves and WWE made me believe that he was actually going to win the belt somehow. Glad to see that Bryan retained and that both champions will hopefully keep their belts going into Mania.

Swagger vs. Gabriel: Waste of time in my opinion.

Kane vs. Cena: Okay I didn't mind this match but I did mind the fact that it was the main event of the pay per view. After all the PPV is called "Elimination Chamber" Not "Ambulance Match". It was a good match and it the outcome was exactly what I expected.

Going to Raw tonight, first time I have ever done two WWE shows on back to back nights and I can't wait.

Santino winning would have got a major pop for the surprise factor but then reality would sink in and people would crap on it because it would be a step too far into the ridiculous. Santino is a cult act. Nothing more and nothing less. Treating him as anything else would be stupid and risks damaging him. Take notes on Ryder for what happens when you treat a cult favourite as something other than a cult favourite.

Cena is getting booed at Wrestlemania and will be treated by the fans there as a complete heel. It's almost comical how far WWE are going to try and ensure he gets cheered, even confiscating any and all visible anti-Cena signs at the PPV last night, because anyone with a clue knows that Cena just isn't getting cheered against Rock. Ever. WWE will no doubt work their hardest to try get Cena cheered against Rock, but it isn't happening and I have no doubt that when it fails and Cena is booed mercilessly at Wrestlemania treated like the biggest heel in the world, WWE will blame it on the Miami fans and convince themselves that it would have worked in another building. It wouldn't have. Cena is getting booed against The Rock no matter where they hold the match. Logic says the guy who stays should go over the guy who isn't staying, and a Cena win in Miami might legitimately start a riot, but it really doesn't matter who wins because WWE will drop the ball on the follow up and after a couple of weeks Cena losing will have had no impact.

Cena is getting booed at Wrestlemania and will be treated by the fans there as a complete heel. It's almost comical how far WWE are going to try and ensure he gets cheered, even confiscating any and all visible anti-Cena signs at the PPV last night, because anyone with a clue knows that Cena just isn't getting cheered against Rock.

The dumbest thing about them trying so hard to ensure Cena doesn't get booed is the fact that they are selling Anti-Cena shirts. But they thought that it was a good idea to confiscate the Anti-Cena signs. What the? :p

One thing that I just realised, Daniel Bryan versus Sheamus was supposed to happen at last years WrestleMania... But ended up being the dark match, lumberjack/battle royale. So it seems to me that the Bryan vs. Sheamus match from last year will actual happen this year. Dont see the E making the WHC match a dark match, so it seems safe to say Bryan-Sheamus will actually happen at this WM.

Was WWE taking the signs away or was it the arena? This has been an issue of confusion in the past. It seems weird that they'd address Cena getting booed on TV yet they'd have their own people at every door in the arena taking signs away. Especially when a bunch were shown on camera during the PPV...

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just questioning it because I think it's an odd turn of events. It makes no sense to take signs away then show a bunch on TV later that night. It was part of the storyline that Cena got a negative crowd reaction that night and was addressed later on during the match with an "After all Cena's been through..." type storyline from the announcers.

Anyway.

John Cena gets booed. A lot. He also gets cheered. A lot. And he's still their top merch guy. The same dirt sheets that have been reporting the 'E taking signs away reported just last week that Cena was still on top in merch sales with Punk and Ryder trailing much closer behind him than anyone else has in the recent past.

So I mean it's not like it's this weird conspiracy to think they're trying to keep Cena face. Cena is face. It's also rather obvious. They ran with this Kane angle for the sole purpose of getting people to cheer Cena again and to give him something that was SUPPOSED to be good.

Understand that I am in no way shape or form under the opinion that he'll be cheered in Miami against the Rock. No way. The WWE fans are going to go absolutely nuts during that match for the Rock. I just doing think anyone's anticipating some unprecedented disaster when Cena does get booed. He's been getting booed for years at this point and still is a proven draw.

HELL IN A CELL????

......SPEECHLESS...

And what the hell is Taker patting Trips on the shoulder for... is it kinda like saying

"Congrats. You just signed your own DEATH WARRANT"..and he grins...

I am interested to see where this goes?

To me it looked like it did when Triple H walked out on him. So I'm assuming Taker just said no to the Hell In A Cell match.

I know, I hate the "what" chant in almost any situation, but this went ever further... idiots!

Indeed. Someone yelled out "You Suck!" at Undertaker when everyone was quiet, and later someone yelled "Overrated" at him. IMO this crowd has been the most disrespectful crowd ever. They aren't just cheering or booing, they are crapping on every segment.

teasing Cena TURN...again?

Nah, not a turn. An edge, maybe, a hardness, maybe, but not a turn. That's not to say that April 9th, the possibility won't be there, following the pattern of the Rock, when he was booed against Hogan, but right now, I think it's Cena being painted as the champion of the people. (As opposed to the People's Champion.)

I have to say though, Cena was really solid. Intense, passionate, honest. And not totally wrong. It's nice to see Cena add that depth.

I also find the term camel fur to be more amusing than it should be. lol