The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Nope both where created for fun. One just got a massive backlash and this one didn't. It doesn't really matter what JR himself thinks of it imho. If one was such terrible taste then this one was as well.

One was done with JR's blessing one wasn't. Huge difference. If I tell my friends it's cool to make fun of my big nose, I don't really care then they will. If some stranger at a bar makes fun of myu big nose I'll break his.

Kind of like that.

EDIT: It was painfully un-funny.

One was done with JR's blessing one wasn't. Huge difference. If I tell my friends it's cool to make fun of my big nose, I don't really care then they will. If some stranger at a bar makes fun of myu big nose I'll break his.

Kind of like that.

If they cleared it with him before hand then yeah that does mitigate it somewhat. Still bad to do though.

If they cleared it with him before hand then yeah that does mitigate it somewhat. Still bad too do though.

I think it more show'd that Vince is out of touch. People don't really want to see skits making fun of JR. Make fun of the current announcers.

I think it more show'd that Vince is out of touch. People don't really want to see skits making fun of JR. Make fun of the current announcers.

I'm sick of them making fun of and/or bullying Michael Cole, too, to be honest. His heel character was as its peak thirteen months ago, and he's been fine for the last six months. I was actually disgusted by the Cena/Cole show from a couple of weeks back. None of it was entertaining, it simply taught kids that it's okay for them to bully somebody if nobody else likes that person, either.

I'm sick of them making fun of and/or bullying Michael Cole, too, to be honest. His heel character was as its peak thirteen months ago, and he's been fine for the last six months. I was actually disgusted by the Cena/Cole show from a couple of weeks back. None of it was entertaining, it simply taught kids that it's okay for them to bully somebody if nobody else likes that person, either.

It is wrestling. Face's beating down heels is going to happen (although that was not entertaining as well)

Also it's not bullying if that person provoked you. You have the right to react/stand up for yourself. As someone who was bullyed a lot as a kid I promise I was never sticking my finger in the bully's chest. Cena bullied Cole? No. Cena gave the sniveling ego maniacal manager Cole his comeuppance. That's more like it.

Sure, you can look at it that way. Or, you can see a trained athlete assaulting and bullying a journalist because he asked a question and gave his opinion. Remember the Vader incident in Kuwait?

By the way, as a fat nerd, I was also bullied a lot as a child. Then, I fought back, and nobody bothered me again. So I can understand that sentiment, but this still rubbed me the wrong way.

Sure, you can look at it that way. Or, you can see a trained athlete assaulting and bullying a journalist because he asked a question and gave his opinion. Remember the Vader incident in Kuwait?

By the way, as a fat nerd, I was also bullied a lot as a child. Then, I fought back, and nobody bothered me again. So I can understand that sentiment, but this still rubbed me the wrong way.

In story Cole's more than a journalist I guess, but I can see your point too. I just looked at it as a "5 minutes with a manager" gimmick.

Talk about over analyzing. For god's sake. JR and Michael Cole? Really? Those are your WWE topics? And then comparing them to bully? Dear god all mighty! I'm not even gonna comment on this nonsensical discussion. BTW, i don't want to sound like i'm ofending anyone, or someone will call me a bully. :D :D :D

Talk about over analyzing. For god's sake. JR and Michael Cole? Really? Those are your WWE topics? And then comparing them to bully? Dear god all mighty! I'm not even gonna comment on this nonsensical discussion. BTW, i don't want to sound like i'm ofending anyone, or someone will call me a bully. :D :D :D

Bullying is a serious topic.

How is discussing a segment that happened on the last show not relevant?

What discussion do you think is more relevant? how Dolph lost to Sheamus two weeks in a row and now we have to take him seriously as a title contender?

What discussion do you think is more relevant? how Dolph lost to Sheamus two weeks in a row and now we have to take him seriously as a title contender?

I never said bullying wasn't serious, i talked about over analyzing. There is no bully in there. It's pro wrestling, Cole had to get his ass kicked, and if JR had no problems with the skit, it IS NOT bully. We may think it was unfunny, unnecessary and so many other Un's. But if the target of the skit gave his blessing, please don't call it bullying. Just saying.

Kind of like that.

JR actually commented on this stuff in the Monday Night Wars roundtable, I believe. Vince feels if he can take it why can't you? Almost every authority figure/announcer in WWE history has been in some kinda shaming scene, most of the good ones involving Yokozuna's rear end in some way. It was clearly a comedy angle so I didn't get too worked up about it being offensive. But I did cringe because it was just horrible.

Oklahoma was created purely as a personal attack to JR, while the Vince, Hornswoggle thing was more in good fun.

Not really true. It was meant as a running joke, a caricature of JR.

The real reason it was offensive is because it was WCW that did it and to the WWE audience anything that another promotion does that is either illogical or in poor taste is bad. If the E does the same thing there's nothing said.

All parties involved (Ed Ferrera, Russo, etc,) have long admitted it was a personal attack on JR and there were no good-natured intentions behind it. Thanks for playing, but you walk away empty handed.

Ewww... a sarcastic game show metaphor. Seriously dude?

You're making the thread uncomfortable again. At least other self-important, snide a-holes on this board are clever and funny once in a blue moon...

You're making the thread uncomfortable again. At least other self-important, snide a-holes on this board are clever and funny once in a blue moon...

Thank you. That means a lot.

Says more about the current state of WWE. Sry just too easy a shot.

All parties involved (Ed Ferrera, Russo, etc,) have long admitted it was a personal attack on JR and there were no good-natured intentions behind it. Thanks for playing, but you walk away empty handed.

Ehm no they haven't thanks for not listening to the original sources but the distorted reports. They have admitted it was in poor taste but it was meant as a running gag.

Not really true. It was meant as a running joke, a caricature of JR.

The real reason it was offensive is because it was WCW that did it and to the WWE audience anything that another promotion does that is either illogical or in poor taste is bad. If the E does the same thing there's nothing said.

As far as malicious intent goes I always thought that Nacho Man and the Hukster skits had more malicious intent then Oklahoma although Okla was a lot more poor taste.

If my remarks make you feel uncomfortable, I suggest you grow a thicker skin and not take good-natured barbs aimed at someone else as a personal attack.

I do think WWE pushing the anti-bullying thing is silly. It's pure hypocrisy by nature but whatever, at least it's honest, in-your-face hypocrisy. Not only that but I think it's kind of pointless. No matter what side of the fence you are on with this bullying issue, I think we can all agree that very few children are going to stop and think about their bullying ways because David Otunga and Stephanie McMahon tried to talk to them about it. I've never been much of a believer in PSAs.

Bullying is supposedly on the downslide but I think it has more to do with a conscientious effort to discipline actions perceived as bullying by parents and teachers.

Either way, it's really just a public image campaign by WWE more than anything because they're an extremely valuable brand with children worldwide. It makes the company look good basically. I think more often than not it probably doesn't affect their booking and angles and it really shouldn't. That would only serve to insult everyone's intelligence.

If my remarks make you feel uncomfortable, I suggest you grow a thicker skin and not take good-natured barbs aimed at someone else as a personal attack.

Oh no, don't be confused. I'm uncomfortable because you're an unfunny joke who destroys conversations and adds nothing intelligent to anything ever.

And now you're trying to blow off your horrendously ineffective insults as good-natured ribbing? Ewwwwww....

Oh no, don't be confused. I'm uncomfortable because you're an unfunny joke who destroys conversations and adds nothing intelligent to anything ever.

And now you're trying to blow off your horrendously ineffective insults as good-natured ribbing? Ewwwwww....

And this is a wonderful addition to this topic. I see. Why don't both of you keep quiet or take it to PMs and let the rest of us continue.

In all fairness he looked really strong in those losses both matches were over 10 minutes and in one Swagger cost him.

We should all just be happy Ziggler is getting some shine at least. He got all 3 pinfalls in the #1 contender match /shrug

In all fairness he looked really strong in those losses both matches were over 10 minutes and in one Swagger cost him.

We should all just be happy Ziggler is getting some shine at least. He got all 3 pinfalls in the #1 contender match /shrug

Ziggler's one of those guys that has been on the verge of being a major player but never really got that boost he needed the way other heels have during this time period. The guy can work everyone knows that, I just wonder what it is that's been holding him back from his major main event push everyone seems to think is inevitable.