The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

OMG

TMZ has updated their story, noting that Jack Swagger was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence after being pulled over for speeding. A search of the vehicle revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana. Swagger was charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding, which are all misdemeanors. You can click here to view his mugshot.

The following is from TMZ.com: WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car. Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding. According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana. We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

He has been charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding -- all misdemeanors.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

UNCONFIRMED: UNCONFIRMED: UNCONFIRMED:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Jacob Hager (Jack Swagger) on Feb. 20, 2013.

WWE is not going to release him and he will STILL be in the title match

One of Brodus' Dancer's, Alex Riley, and a few other people got DUI recently and I dont think they even missed TV and they were no where near as featured as Swagger.

It's not that serious, I think various conservatives being bitter over his gimmick is more news worthy (and certainly more entertaining)

Have you seen his ECW run? I have been a fan of his since like 2010, his ECW work was just great. They stripped any character he had when he won the world title though and he was fed to Mysterio and Big Show that lead to him becoming a joke.

/nod. I loved him in ECW, not so much since. Wish they would bring that back. First time I saw him I told my wife, I would push the heck out of that guy... Massive charisma out the gate, left ECW and become bland as hell.

Even if they don't fire Swagger, they should job him down the card.

And replace his spot in the Upper Midcard with Justin Gabriel.

I'm afraid they probably will take some sort of action against him unfortunately. I don't see them overlooking the "weed".

Justin can't fill his shoe's though. I like Justin, but he would have to show me a whole lot more character for him to even get over the midcard area, let alone hit Main Event/World title status... Just wouldn't buy into him at all. Even in the ring, really only one move I like of his.... fun to watch, but not enough for me to build a whole character around.

Not sure how WWE will treat it but it will def be the end of Swagger and Coulter. Coulter lost his grand daughter in a car crash recently where the other driver was DUI and Coulter stated publicly that he was glad the other driver was dead.

No matter what happens to Swagger, I hope Coulter stays, I think he's great on the mic.

Damn it, Swagger! Not sure what kind of trouble he would get into and how it will affect him professionally, but this is just the excuse they need to say 'see, he's worthless. Back to jobber.' Maybe..Maybe they'll let him get to Wrestlemania, lose, then go on being suspended, they did it to R-Truth at that Survivor Series but that was to avoid messing up the main event with Rock and Cena.

Swagger was never going to beat ADR at WM29 anyway if Ziggler's cashing in as a heel. I'm sure they'll still go ahead with it and suspend him afterwards. Then he can feud with Miz over the US Title. I hope on Raw next week the crowd chants "Weed the people!"

Just watched the Main Event highlights. Titus and Gabriel put on a good match.

I think WWE will suspend him for 30 days then bring him back. I mean, there's 6 weeks until 'Mania, so that's enough time for him to be suspended.

He just won the Elimination Chamber match. While it's true he should be suspended, I believe it should happen until after Wrestlemania, because I can see a feud with ADR and Swagger.

That, or Big Show knocks the f*** out of Swagger with the KO Punch.

I don't know what they are going to go with Swagger. I don't know where they were going to go with him in the first place to be honest. As most have pointed out, it looked to be a loss vs. ADR, then a cash in by Ziggler, but I doubt that's going to happen now, unfortunately.

This http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523781 topic by dcxbox looks pretty awesome, has some nice links in the thread to check out. I was never into the original ECW, but I have to admit that something special looks to become of it. Lots of ex-ECW and WWE people in there, as well as international stars. For someone like me, that browses indie types on occasion and don't really follow any of them, to see a card filled by people that I know almost every single person in it, at the level at which I know, is very rare. Makes me wish (which hasn't happened til' now) that WWE would incorporate that stuff into a new show with some of the worker's they have, that you would think would thrive in that type of style. I'm not necessarily talking bloody mess, as much as just thrilling "OMG" moments. I think some people like Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, and other's would do well in that type of style.

Whatever happened to the rumor that HHH was bringing back the Cruiser's for a new show?