The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

TNA have tried most of that already Fleisch. As Bigpapa just said, they take one step forward and then two steps back. Do a good thing, then undo it with something stupid.

I think Dixie has this mindset that wrestling is about creating a buzz. She makes polarizing hires such as Tito Ortiz and expects that almost overnight, the attention that TNA gets will materialize into ticket sales and save the company. The major problem is that TNA's business model never rewards paying customers. For example: just last week, they gave away the Bound For Glory main event on free TV JUST TWO WEEKS AFTER HER PAYING SUPPORTERS HAD FORKED OUT LIKE 45 BUCKS TO SEE IT.

Okay yeah, TNA PPV's aren't worth buying... but they have live events right? The ticket sales for those are always so atrocious that they end up heavily papered. Don't even bother buying a ticket, just turn up and wait until they let you in for free.

In my honest opinion, TNA was never built to be commercially successful. It was never built to make money. They banked on overnight success with big names and when that didn't work, they hired more big names. Bryan Alvarez will write a book about TNA when it dies and the similarities between that and The Death Of WCW will blow my frickin' mind.

You know, while I think that the way they got to the World Title Series was horrible, horrible booking, I've enjoyed it so far. Mainly because it is mostly matches, and when there are promos/talking segments, they all revolve around the actual, you know, wrestling. IMO TNA's biggest flaw has always been that they get tons of good talent, and then have them wrestle for a few minutes and then have tons of angles that go absolutely nowhere.

Ironically, they are having the World Title Series during a time when their roster is probably the weakest it has ever been. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of talent, like Lashley, Roode, EC3 and the like. But compared to several years ago, they have nobody. And I'm not talking about the over the hill talent they had a few years ago, I'm talking about people like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, and heck, Angle can still go pretty good in the ring. An idea like this would've been custom made for these guys, instead we get match ups like Lashley vs. Mr. Anderson. :(

However, now on to the positives, you know, why I've enjoyed it so far. I'm really enjoying the X Division matches, and Tigre Uno has really been impressing me lately. I just barely started watching Impact again once the World Title Series was announced, so I hadn't really seen him wrestle, or if I had, I don't remember it. Robbie E is also surprising me, as I honestly considered him a Zack Ryder knockoff with less talent, but he has really evolved, both from a character and in ring perspective. I also enjoy the fact that they will just show clips from the terrible matches that would just waste TV time, like most of the Wild Card and Future 4 groups. Ugh, I didn't even know Crimson was still in the company, but at least all I had to see of him was him taking a finisher.

Anyways, just my two cents. I was a huge TNA supporter right up until the second month of the "New Monday Night Wars" they tried to start. Since then I've caught it here and there, but for the first time in 5 years, I'm watching it every week again. It also helps that ROH is after it (before it?) on the same channel so I just figured, what the heck, I'll set a DVR recording for both. So, uh, yeah, there's my two cents. :D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave_Scott" data-cite="Dave_Scott" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi I'm Dave AKA Crimson's biggest fan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hi. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but I really dislike Crimson. Different strokes for different folks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wrestling Century" data-cite="Wrestling Century" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but I really dislike Crimson. <strong>Different strokes</strong> for different folks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The younger folks might not get the reference but if Different Strokes is brought up I have to break this out...</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CrmRT-7wBQk/T2DwdBo10eI/AAAAAAAAADk/FXgO16ivuyI/s1600/What+you+talking+about+willis.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> As for the topic, I considered myself a TNA fan for years but I just simply have no interest in watching it. I actually stopped watching it right when they began this whole World Title Series. Much like with RAW there are just better stuff on that I would rather watch.</p>

The younger folks might not get the reference but if Different Strokes is brought up I have to break this out...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CrmRT-7wBQk/T2DwdBo10eI/AAAAAAAAADk/FXgO16ivuyI/s1600/What+you+talking+about+willis.jpg

As for the topic, I considered myself a TNA fan for years but I just simply have no interest in watching it. I actually stopped watching it right when they began this whole World Title Series. Much like with RAW there are just better stuff on that I would rather watch.

It is such a shame that pretty much every member of the main cast except for Todd Bridges/Willis has died. I don't have a way to watch DS nowadays, as I don't think they have it on Netflix, plus it doesn't air on cable, but I loved it when it used to air regularly here in Brazil.

Apologies for the off-topic post. :p I might be a younger dude at 17, but yeah, I've watched a lot of stuff, mate.

It's a week later, but I need to answer these questions.

What do you guys think of the world title series?

The last reboot of a company without a clear management direction. Is not the best but surely not the worst.

Who do you want to win it?

EC III. Taking away the title from him has been a bad decision but the management needed a way out for the Destination America situation.

What's your take on Robbie E getting a push?

He's improved a lot but I don't see him as the next Bobby Roode. The comparison came when Team Canada was still a stable, Roode was the enforcer, green and very far away from A solid midcard presence, with some potential shots in the future.

What's your take on TNA burying Crimson?

He got an long streak still unintelligible to me. He's now in the low midcard, I think his spot in the roster. Maybe a team with Chris Melendez as military veterans could be his future

Knockouts main evented this past IMPACT. Did you watch and was it good?

Not so bad, I see it better matches. Overall the Knockouts were one of things that differentiate TNA from WWE before the Bischoff-Hogan reboot and it's strange now people got so into the Divas Revolution where Gail Kim and Awesome Kong were having a great series of matches in 2007-2008.

Is Matt Hardy on Time Decline?

Yes, he has.

Has EC3 hit a halt?

He must win TNA World Title to shrug it off the Bound For Glory incident.

CoC! How could you?!? :(

Crimson is just meh, not good not bad. Honestly I don't know why he was brought back. They could add somethin else to his character but alas I doubt they will. He has just been the same for 5 years. I can see the eappeal Dave.

But he is not World title material.

Really they should have dropped it to an hour long show a year ago.

They lack the booking, writing or stars to justify anyone investing two hours of time on them a week. Look at what Lucha Undetground achieve with a one hour slot each week.

Yes it would mean roster cuts and possibly dropping one title belt but a more focused TNA would be a very good thing and give them the best chance of turning things around

I've never heard of Pop TV, so I guess this is where my viewing of TNA ends. Although they haven't been the best wrestling show, I've still watched them off and on since late 2008, so I'm still saddened by the fact that I can no longer watch them.

It's a very big network. A big improvement from DA. Check poptv.com and enter your zip to see if you get them.

I've never heard of Pop TV, so I guess this is where my viewing of TNA ends. Although they haven't been the best wrestling show, I've still watched them off and on since late 2008, so I'm still saddened by the fact that I can no longer watch them.

Pop is a bigger network than Destination America is. DA is available in 57 million homes and Pop is available in 75 million. It replaced the TV Guide channel.

Pretty sure I've got the Pop network. Think that's where I've been watching Paragon Pro Wrestling every Saturday morning of late. Glad to see that TNA signed a new deal. I hadn't wanted to say anything, but I was secretly concerned that this championship series was gonna turn out to be a last gasp for the company or something. Good to see that that's not the case.

And, yes. Some rebranding would be good too.

:)

Pretty sure I've got the Pop network. Think that's where I've been watching Paragon Pro Wrestling every Saturday morning of late. Glad to see that TNA signed a new deal. I hadn't wanted to say anything, but I was secretly concerned that this championship series was gonna turn out to be a last gasp for the company or something. Good to see that that's not the case.

And, yes. Some rebranding would be good too.

:)

Paragon left Pop this morning after TNA made their announcement. Paragon is going to be on some channel called Tuff-TV.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW LIST OF QUESTIONS!!!

What do you think about the move to POPTV?

Out of the final 8 members left, order them from who deserves the belt the most to least

Why the F can Crimson never win anything?

Why the F are the Wolves the only team still?

Jessie wanted Kong to touch his abs, how does that make you feel?

Since the year is ending, what has been the best match in TNA of 2015 for you?

Did Chris Melendez ever get his leg back?

If I shout Zema's DJ noise will you do it with me?.......BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAARRRRRRRR

What do you think about the move to POPTV?

It won't make a blind bit of difference as the booking of TNA is absolute dog s***. If they have any chance of surviving they need someone in charge of creative who knows what they are doing and how to book long term. Look at CHIKARA as a great example of long term booking. TNA need a Quackenbush or it's going to be the same old rubbish recycled every 6 months.

Out of the final 8 members left, order them from who deserves the belt the most to least

Ethan Carter III. No point listing the rest as the actual tournament is an absolute joke. They can drag a tournament out longer than it needs to be but can't even get a decent year long story going. Hell they can't even get a decent 2 month storyline going!

Why the F can Crimson never win anything?

Because he's an average worker with average mic skills. He has improved a lot since he first entered TNA, but still has a way to go before he'll be a contender. Don't forget he is only 30 years old, and Bret Hart didn't win his first WWE title until he was 32 so there is still plenty of time for Crimson, however he needs a big story or something to make the rest of the fans care about him (no offence but the whole ex-military spiel is getting boring).

Why the F are the Wolves the only team still?

Because tag team wrestling is dying/dead in TNA. The idiots in charge of TNA can't book many decent 1-on-1 matches let alone a tag match.

Jessie wanted Kong to touch his abs, how does that make you feel?

Didn't watch it sooooo... I feel nothing.

Since the year is ending, what has been the best match in TNA of 2015 for you?

Er... I don't think I've really even watched TNA properly since Bound for Glory 2013. The odd show/event here or there but it's hard work trying to watch because everything is so bad.

Did Chris Melendez ever get his leg back?

Probably not. If TNA creative have anything to do with it we'll probably see a ladder match for Chris Melendez leg.

If I shout Zema's DJ noise will you do it with me?.......BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAARRRRRRRR

We shall go with no. :p

"Why the F can Crimson never win anything?"

Because he's half of the men responsible for this.

http://i.imgur.com/fM7dv0W.gif

He's legitimately in the lower percentile of talent. Dude was just another TNA no hope that Bischoff and Hogan somehow had hope in. Says a lot about the state of TNA when they're bringing trash like Crimson in for a world title tournament.

"Why the F can Crimson never win anything?"

Because he's half of the men responsible for this.

http://i.imgur.com/fM7dv0W.gif

He's legitimately in the lower percentile of talent. Dude was just another TNA no hope that Bischoff and Hogan somehow had hope in. Says a lot about the state of TNA when they're bringing trash like Crimson in for a world title tournament.

OK I get you're not a fan and all, but you don't have be vicious and an a**hole about it. Some people like me like Crimson and see a ton of potential in him. He is most certainly not trash in fact he's one of the few people TNA have that they've made on their on and he CAN wrestle. Watch his match with Eli, he can go when he wants to and the crowd actually chanted for him in the match. A TNA CROWD CHANTED FOR SOMEONE. I don't appreciate you calling him TRASH either because he's not and I'm sure if you were to say that to his face and not behind a computer, he would knock you on your a** in 2 seconds.