The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Totally agree. TNA's workers are definitely more distinct in the ring.

I'm sure if you asked the WWE however, they'd defend their style as being safer and more predictable which is a big plus because of the amount of shows their performers have to work.

Also, the predictable style and cookie cutter characters are always going to be a by-product of the type of developmental system they use.

It used to be fun to say things like "man it would be great to see so-and-so really cut loose" and work outside of the WWE style. But honestly, so many guys are brought up straight through the WWE system that they just may not be able to "cut loose."

(Another unfortunate by-product of the lack of opportunities outside the E)

Outside of the ROH guys, there's not many young workers on the WWEs roster that I think could work anything besides a WWE style punch-kick-rest hold-finisher-finisher-near fall-finisher-pin main event match.

All true. I just look at a guy like RVD though during his stint in the E. Fans still thought he was awesome, but I really believe that was only because of what he did prior to joining the E. His late E stuff sucked because he just followed the same formula. That's why I hope to see him return in TNA. I'd like to see him get to go all out again.

Should remember that TNA are showing an encore of tonight's show in their normal thursday slot, rather than new content. If I lived in the States, I'd be inclined to watch Raw and then watch iMpact on Thursday. Doesn't seem like a smart business move by TNA to be honest. Besides, iMpact gives me a headache so I'd probably watch Raw anyways :p

I have been watching the old tna ppv's from the begginning again and to be honest they have moved so far from what they were. Short backstage segments and a few "long" interviews but it was all about the matches. Right now a good long match on impact is ten minutes....wolf vs daniles ended in a time limit draw after ten min.......remember that one?

I do enjoy tna but i don't expect anything more from them then i do from wwe. They are both sports entertainment companys........i don't go to them for wrestling.

Comparing the ppv's to their current t.v. show isn't really a good comparison except if you only mean their weekly ppv´s?

Otherwise their current ppv's are always chuck full of wrestling and their last 3 where great.

2.04 and counting

Should remember that TNA are showing an encore of tonight's show in their normal thursday slot, rather than new content. If I lived in the States, I'd be inclined to watch Raw and then watch iMpact on Thursday. Doesn't seem like a smart business move by TNA to be honest. Besides, iMpact gives me a headache so I'd probably watch Raw anyways :p

Naw. Wrestling fans in general live for those 'mark out' moments. Unless you're willing to avoid online recaps, news-sites, or boards like these for three days, you'll flip back and forth.

Comparing the ppv's to their current t.v. show isn't really a good comparison except if you only mean their weekly ppv´s?

Otherwise their current ppv's are always chuck full of wrestling and their last 3 where great.

2.04 and counting

I'm sure he's saying the old weekly PPVs were far more wrestling oriented than the current weekly programming.

To be honest, I think TNA makes a huge mistake by NOT highlighting their ringwork more...it sort of defeats the point of having a stretch of great PPVs when the TV shows aren't making people want to ...y'know...buy the PPVs.

oh man i can not wait to be able to see tna and raw tonight! is anyone else anse? i havent been this excited sinces the 90's when nwo started up and wwe has dx and the hart foundation. does anyone actually knows whos all showing up with hogan tonight? i've read so many rumors like the nasty boys, rvd, and ken kennedy its crazy. i dont mind hogan bringing in older guys for a few on and off story lines but to really build them up i'd hate it. does anyone know if wwe is actually going to go with bret vs vince at wreslemania?i also heard wwe is still trying to get the rock back which imo is stupid i hated him since he left wrestling even though i enjoy his movies but hes gone and done with wrestling...

Wow way to have a good idea show off the X Division, then they put it in a cage with what like eight guys and you can't even see whats going on. THEN they end it with a DQ finish. Way to go TNA, here comes Hardy, wearing a TOOL shirt......if the shirt fits I guess.....

Ouch. up and down start.

Eight man X Division cage match...not that great anyways..but it ends in a no-contest when Homicide starts smashing people with a club.

The crowd takes a dump all over it; to the point where they have to bleep out the BULL-SH*T chants.

AND THEN JEFF HARDY COMES OUT OF THE CROWD!!!

Hardy brawls with Homicide. Twist of Fate on the ramp. Then climbs on the cage and plays to crowd to take it to break.

EDIT: that was a big F-U to those people who still insist TNA is about "wrestling" but it was a big moment. And Hardy is a HUGE get.

then AFTER the DQ they spend what feels like an hour with Homicide not able to climb out of the cage getting stuck on the opening while the other seven guys finally decide "hey we look like idiots and so does he hanging on for dear life up there lets go get him".

I'm incredibly disappointed in Jeff, but I did think it was kinda cool. Horrible idea for an opening match, the worst of TNA in one big clump (too many guys, pointless gimmicks, flat finishes) but it led to a good angle that gives new viewers a reason to keep watching Impact as opposed to switching to RAW in 40 minutes. I'm a Hardy mark though, so... Yeah.