The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Let's see what the rating for next week is, though. If reports I've read are accurate, it wasn't a great show - and overloaded with has-beens and never-weres. Will people want to watch that week in, week out?

I have to say, I'm not going to go out of my way to catch it when it shows over here.

Let's see what the rating for next week is, though. If reports I've read are accurate, it wasn't a great show - and overloaded with has-beens and never-weres. Will people want to watch that week in, week out?

I have to say, I'm not going to go out of my way to catch it when it shows over here.

That will be the true measure. Despite Hogan's outrageous (and quite honestly stupid) claims of being able to hit 3.0, a 1.5 would be a very strong rating given the circumstances. But that won't mean much if they drop back down to 1.0 in the coming weeks.

The show, in my opinion, was very hit-or-miss. If the thought of seeing Hall and Waltman, the Nasty Boys, and Val Venis interests and excties you, then you probably enjoyed it. The storylines and such were typical TNA - uneven. Good and bad. Very solid main event, however.

Credit: Bleacher Report, who broke the story on Jeff and Shannon signing with TNA yesterday

Two of my sources, one of which being the source that let me to inform Joe Burgett that Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore had signed with TNA-(beating every other news outlet in the world mind you), have informed me that Shane Helms, better known as WWE's resident natural disaster, the Hurricane, has made an informal request for his release.

Helms has long wanted to form a tag team again, and joining Moore in TNA would allow him to do so. * Side-note-there have been zero Evan Karagias sightings, this is a very good thing.*

Helms could file an official request for a release as early as 8AM Eastern time tomorrow, and much like Tommy Dreamer would more than likely be granted his release.

One of the sources also dropped the much larger piece of news that Matt Hardy might want to join his brother Jeff and his friend(s) Shannon and potentially Shane Helms in TNA if the WWE would grant him his release.

Again, he could request it as early as 8AM Eastern time, but it's more likely that Matt Hardy would wait until after the Royal Rumble to do so.

Hardy has been adamant about being close to his brother Jeff, and the WWE may block a potential request fearing that once Jeff's year is up in TNA, they might try to reform the Hardyz in the 6 sided ring, rather than have him resign with the WWE.

Matt is scheduled to meet with agents after the Smackdown tapings tonight, and as I said, could be in a meeting tomorrow morning with Helms requesting his release to join Jeff in TNA.

When Joe and I broke the Jeff/Shannon news people thought it was a joke, but like that tid-bit, this is the real deal.

Helms has long wanted to form a tag team again, and joining Moore in TNA would allow him to do so. * Side-note-there have been zero Evan Karagias sightings, this is a very good thing.*

I disagree with this. I miss Evan Karagias and would mark out to see a Three Count reunion. Hell, bring in Kid Romeo while they are at it. TNA is obviously going for a late era WCW vibe so why not do it properly.

Yeah there would be so many demons in that match that instead of a referee they could use an exorcist.

This isn't getting anywhere near the credit it deserves :D

I disagree with this. I miss Evan Karagias and would mark out to see a Three Count reunion. Hell, bring in Kid Romeo while they are at it. TNA is obviously going for a late era WCW vibe so why not do it properly.

Yes please! Three Count are on my all-time top stables. All we need is the Filthy Animals and Misfits In Action and we're set. All Russo creations might i add ;)

I wonder if TNA is gonna bring Rick Steiner back now

I am a big Rick Steiner fan but even I would not want to see him come back. He wasn't all that good the last time he came back.

Speaking of the Steiners where was Scott last night? Not that I missed mumbles but I have been a fan of his delusional character that he has been portraying recently.

I wonder if TNA is gonna bring Rick Steiner back now

The Steiner brothers obviously need to reunite to feud with the Nasty Boys, maybe they could have a match with Meng as the special guest referee or something.

Seriously, reading about what's going on with TNA is kind of like that point in a TEW game where your attempts to just roll along and stick to a booking plan become unhinged by your own lack of patience and you start hiring everyone and putting together shows without having a clue what it's leading to.

What's Warrior doing these days? Why isn't he in a stable with Hulk and Flair to feud with the Wolfpac? Seriously Russo, get a move on man!

What's Warrior doing these days? Why isn't he in a stable with Hulk and Flair to feud with the Wolfpac? Seriously Russo, get a move on man!

If I were Russo, i'd constantly drop really unsubtle hints of an 'Ultimate' surprise just to wind up the IWC.

the ratings are in! the rating are in! lol

Source: PWTorch.com

Monday's 3-hour live edition of TNA iMPACT! featuring the debut of Hulk Hogan drew an impressive 1.5 cable rating. The show had an average viewership of 2.2 million, making it the most watched episode of iMPACT! in history.

The hourly ratings were 1.7, 1.4 and 1.2. The highest rated quarter hour of the show was the start of hour 2, featuring the debut of Hulk Hogan. The segment, which went head-to-head against Bret Hart's return to WWE television, drew a 1.9 rating.

Spike's TNA Wrestling Special Draws 2.2 Million Viewers

WWE Trounces TNA In Head-To-Head Matchup

by R. Thomas Umstead -- Multichannel News, 1/5/2010 5:52:36 PM

Spike TV's TNA Impact! pro wrestling show set a viewership record during last night's three-hour special featuring Hulk Hogan, but failed to pin down more viewers than pro wrestling rival WWE's Monday Night Raw series.

TNA Impact! drew 2.2 million viewers for its Jan. 4 special featuring the ring return of former WWE star Hogan, easily outdistancing the former high mark of 1.9 million viewers the series set in April 2008, according to Spike TV officials. The first hour of the special averaged 2.5 million viewers, according to Spike.

TNA Impact! however was no match for USA Network's popular WWE Monday Night Raw series. Raw drew an average of 5.5 million viewers from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m., well above the 2 million viewers the TNA Impact! special averaged during the same time period on Spike, according to Nielsen data.

if tna keeps this up they should be on mondays very soon, maybe in the fall. they will have another monday special in 3 months sometime spike execs said they would do them every quarter and if they do ok they could get on weekly.

this is tna highest ever. and the past several weeks tna have barley got a 1.0

just imagine if raw didnt have bret hart that night tna could have got a little bigger, and raws rating was crap bret didnt even help them out