The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Val Venis was never a jobber comedy gimmick in his prime. LOL?

He was the IC champ and a ton of tv time was devoted to his feud with guys like Shamrock and Goldust.

I don't care what he was in his prime doing a gimmick TWELVE YEARS AGO. From 2003 to 2009 he had the EXACT SAME GIMMICK and was used as a comedy jobber.

Welcome to 2010.

I don't care what he was in his prime doing a gimmick TWELVE YEARS AGO. From 2003 to 2009 he had the EXACT SAME GIMMICK and was used as a comedy jobber.

Welcome to 2010.

I didn't think they used him gimmick really from 03-09 very often. I didn't watch much E during this time period though.

Anyway, I agree that gimmick is stupid and shouldn't be on tv.

Bubba The Love Sponge seems to have gotten himself fired due to stupid comments regarding Haiti, awesome.

I agree with Bubba though why should comments that he makes off TNA air cause him his job I dont see how thats right its his radio show and freedom of speech shouldn't cause a man his job.

But I'm glad he's gone :D he's not made for wrestling

I agree with Bubba though why should comments that he makes off TNA air cause him his job I dont see how thats right its his radio show and freedom of speech shouldn't cause a man his job.

But I'm glad he's gone :D he's not made for wrestling

Freedom of speech is the most misunderstood concept in America. The Constitution does not guarantee you the right to say whatever you want without repercussions. When you say things that can damage your employer's reputation, you better believe you can get fired.

Freedom of speech is the most misunderstood concept in America. The Constitution does not guarantee you the right to say whatever you want without repercussions. When you say things that can damage your employer's reputation, you better believe you can get fired.

I know that some things will have repercussions but they knew that he had a rep of saying stupid stuff on his show and if they didn't like it they shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

I know that some things will have repercussions but they knew that he had a rep of saying stupid stuff on his show and if they didn't like it they shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

Well, they SHOULDN'T have hired him in the first place. :)

That said, I don't think they expected him to say F Haiti in the middle of one of the world's worst humanitarian disasters in the modern era. It would really reflect poorly on them if he we were to continue his association with TNA.

All kinds of good stuff here:

Bubba has the right to his opinion and to express his opinion as he so chooses.

But when you send out a tweet essentially saying 'F*** Haiti' you are asking for negative feedback. To make it worse, he did that just a few hours after Dixie proudly talked about TNA's efforts to help with donations.

So not only did you attract negative attention to your employer, but you called them stupid and questioned their priorities.

So Bubba's an idiot.

But jwt also has a good point: attracting negative feedback is sort of this guy's job, so if TNA wasn't ready to deal with that, then they shouldn't have hired him.

That was a bad, mostly Hogan-related move and hopefully it's fixed quickly, because he's terrible on-screen and in no way, shape, or form, justifies TNA having to put up with any outside BS at all. He's not worth it.

But jwt also has a good point: attracting negative feedback is sort of this guy's job, so if TNA wasn't ready to deal with that, then they shouldn't have hired him.

That was a bad, mostly Hogan-related move and hopefully it's fixed quickly, because he's terrible on-screen and in no way, shape, or form, justifies TNA having to put up with any outside BS at all. He's not worth it.

Yeah he was a mistake to be sure. TNA was silly to get in bed with him. The problem with guys like him or any other shock jock, is any positives you get from their audience quickly turns into a burning case of genital herpes as soon as you do something to make them unhappy.

Yeah he was a mistake to be sure. TNA was silly to get in bed with him. The problem with guys like him or any other shock jock, is any positives you get from their audience quickly turns into a burning case of genital herpes as soon as you do something to make them unhappy.

Speaking of which...

These are all posts from his twitter account via 411mania.com. Apparently Bubba is crying about how TNA is treating him since he made his comments:

Bubba speaks…

- Bubba The Love Sponge made some new postings on his Twitter, discussing Jeremy Borash being taken off of TV and the fact that some fans want him fired…

* "Going to bed had a long talk with Eric b. I don't want to take over jbs backstage interviews. I may have to walk away. Cause I don't agree"

"With letting him go. Now if I would happen to take those interviews over. All ready I'm the bad guy. That's not cool. Already some bull****"

"Going down and I'm in the middle of it. I have to take a long hard look at weather I want to really do this or not. Bubba"

* "As a matter fact there is a face book group page that has now started trying to get Dixie Carter to fire me. Bubba

Bubba The Love Sponge has been busy on Twitter today. Now he says that TNA isn't ready for him, and is asking the Bubba Army for support…

* "And what does my Haiti comments have to do with tna wrestling. I didn't say them on dixies air. I don't think tna is ready 4someone like me"

* "I shoot hard from the hip and ms Carter (although i have a ton of respect 4her) has never had a guy that is as outrageous as I am and has a"

* "Nationwide delevery method. So right now I would describe our relationship like oil and water. And it's not good. Bubba"

* "Hey bubba army do me a favor since it looks like the amount of followers mean something will u please ask ur friends 2spread the word and"

* "Lets get a number that would make people think twice about messing with us. Bubba"

- More Twitter drama from Bubba The Love Sponge, who was apparently uninvited to a production meeting today…

"here in orlando things r all messed up. Was suppose to be at the prod meeting @11 they called and said not 2 come???"

"I was suppose 2bpart of the outsiders deal and somebody over ruled hogan on it and I sat in the back all night about"

- To follow more of the drama, you can check out earlier posts here and here. it seems that all of this is coming from Bubba's original statement, when he proclaimed, " "F*** Haiti" in response to the US sending aid to the country. TNA has been supporting the effort to help Haiti.

I'm going to say the same thing that I said after I saw Anderson need knux to beat Abyss:

Seriously TNA? SERIOUSLY???

All kinds of good stuff here:

Bubba has the right to his opinion and to express his opinion as he so chooses.

But when you send out a tweet essentially saying 'F*** Haiti' you are asking for negative feedback. To make it worse, he did that just a few hours after Dixie proudly talked about TNA's efforts to help with donations.

Spot on. If the grapefruits are big enough to make comments like that, fine. But if thats the case then they are also big enough to deal with the consiquences, such as losing your job.

It brings to mind that old saying: "It's better to keep you mouth shut and let everyone think you're an idiot than open it and remove all doubt!"

best tna ppv ive seen in a long time. solid matches from start to finish. nothing really terrible on the show although i didnt get the point of hall throwing out a planted fan" maybe they are just playing off halls history a little over board somewhat. but overall good show for a show with little time to actually have any build for matches.

i'm glad the ring has changed, intsead of that gimmick 6 sided rind that looked like a toy. loved the main event, and that they are finally turning styles into a champion who isn't weak. jan 4th they had hogan put him over and now flair joins styles. styles as a heel can have serious potential.

im waiting for styles to turn on sting and for flair vs sting to happen, then ill be happy.

As much heat as I'm going to get for this, I agree with Bubba.

Not about TNA, but about Haiti. Our country is falling apart and we're more concerned with another country's problems.

i agree with bubba to a point, but also we do help others and other countries including hati have helped us here in new orleans after katrina.

Not about TNA, but about Haiti. Our country is falling apart and we're more concerned with another country's problems.

Well thats you but i'd go out of my way to help them I know first hand how natral disaters can affect people I lost famliy in Katrenia. But as for us falling apart weve built a rep for helping during these situations and we have to go help and as we should.

Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, if you are going to work for a company that's success is measured by how well they get other people to buy their product or buy advertising space during their shows, you can't say things that make people not want to do that.

Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, if you are going to work for a company that's success is measured by how well they get other people to buy their product or buy advertising space during their shows, you can't say things that make people not want to do that.

Oh definitely. That's why I said agreed with Bubba about Haiti, not TNA.

The guy is obviously an idiot when it comes to PR.

Possibly. But then why fire a backstage personality and then replace him with someone who's so disliked? to set up for the triumphant return of.....Jeremy Borash????

borash can end up siding with foley and jarret in the storyline. who knows. i feel pac and hall may side with foley and jarret, but no idea yet.

Maybe they can draw a posotive out of the Hall situation. He gets a reaction after all, so why not play off it. I wouldn't mind seeing him walk a fine line for a few weeks as long as he isn't in the ring. Keep him around, in the background, make it part of the story.

Maybe he gets some dirt on Hogan from Jerrett so that he can use blackmail to keep his job? Double J is clearly out to get Hogan, so having Hall as his man on the inside might make sense...