The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Thank God. Love Kaz, HATED suicide. Hated. Hated hated hated....

I like Kaz sometimes but he has got to be one of the most inconsistent wrestlers around. I can't think of a single time Kaz was under the Suicide mask that he didn't end up with multiple botches. I don't think being out of the mask is going to help with that.

It is the style. It is a big reason i don't like a spot monkey. It is hard to not screw up atleast a few big spots. Can you name a pure spot monkey who does not screw up atleast one spot in every match?

Yeah, but most of them mess up in the air or during a tricky transition, not setting something up on the ground or doing basic moves. I mean it is one thing to botch jumping onto the ropes and another to botch putting someone on your shoulders.

Thank God. Love Kaz, HATED suicide. Hated. Hated hated hated....

100% agree with you there. Kaz has the looks, has the build, and really does a great job of setting himself apart. Placing someone with his kind of looks under a mask is just simply stupid.

As for Suicide, in THEORY he could have been great. However, I didn't like the way they portrayed his character. Too childish, too "clean". Give him more of a darker look (colors wise with his in-ring attire) and really let him just be this crazy psycho & I'm sure he would have gone over pretty well. There was where TNA dropped the ball back then. A) putting Kaz under a mask and B) not creating Suicide's character to really have any weight.

100% agree with you there. Kaz has the looks, has the build, and really does a great job of setting himself apart. Placing someone with his kind of looks under a mask is just simply stupid.

As for Suicide, in THEORY he could have been great. However, I didn't like the way they portrayed his character. Too childish, too "clean". Give him more of a darker look (colors wise with his in-ring attire) and really let him just be this crazy psycho & I'm sure he would have gone over pretty well. There was where TNA dropped the ball back then. A) putting Kaz under a mask and B) not creating Suicide's character to really have any weight.

The big problem with Suicide is that he is a freaking Video Game character. From a game that sucked (You know it is bad when you count punches and counters as moves and still end up with less then 200 moves) and he is a character with one of the worst origin stories of all time. Then you (you as in TNA) talk about him being a dark character and then saying he wrote his theme songs lyrics, which sound like bad poetry a kid trying to get attention might come up with in middle school.

The big problem with Suicide is that he is a freaking Video Game character. From a game that sucked (You know it is bad when you count punches and counters as moves and still end up with less then 200 moves) and he is a character with one of the worst origin stories of all time. Then you (you as in TNA) talk about him being a dark character and then saying he wrote his theme songs lyrics, which sound like bad poetry a kid trying to get attention might come up with in middle school.

Yea, lame all the way around.

Yep Kaz at the time was around the uppermidcard and Suicide never got past midcard. If they where going to do it much better to put an undercard wrestler or a "new" signing under it and then have him revealed and then move on.

I actually thought it would've been interesting to run a multiple personality storyline with Daniels: Suicide, Curry Man, Fallen Angel, and then finally just 'Daniels'

In my still to be finished TNA diary I had both Kaz and Daniels come out to save Suicide from being unmasked -> instant mystery. Too bad that in real life the dirt-sheets would probably figure out who was signed to play the role. But any fan not into dirt-sheets would be intrigued.

Spoiler on the diary highlight to read:

At Bound for Glory he would be unmasked as being Sean Waltman how is that for irony? Getting past his X-Pac heat and given his life style.

I actually thought it would've been interesting to run a multiple personality storyline with Daniels: Suicide, Curry Man, Fallen Angel, and then finally just 'Daniels'

I would have loved to see that happen. In fact I wish TNA would do that right now, as they don't seem to have anything else for Daniels to do at the moment.

They still could. Just crack Daniels over the head well enough and away he goes. Confused over who he really is because he's played so many characters over the years. And then when he's back to himself Daniels could have a showdown with whomever cracked him to begin with. That could make a great blowoff match to put on Bound For Glory. A shame everybody including Mick Foley himself hates the old Lost In Cleveland amnesia angle from early 90's WCW. Daniels would be a good candidate for a modern version of it.

Maybe they could even do a Suicide vs Suicide feud along the way through Brother Hilton's idea. One where you have the "real" Suicide upset at Daniels for thinking he's someone who already exists. It sounds sort of comedic and yet could be entirely reasonable within this context.

That soon to debut Japanese wrestler is indeed from their working relationship with New Japan and is called Kazuchika Okada. Here is his wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada

Could be either he or Kiyoshi will go under the mask but I don't really rate Kiyoshi at all anyways compared to other people on the roster.

Then it is probably him aka Kazuchike Okada that they have on long term loan from NJPW.

PS TNA sign front row during the EC! First sign of change! lol.

I don't know I'd say this was his problem at all. If you'd gotten what you wanted from Suicide, I'd probably have spit the bit. I'm not usually too fond of dark gimmicks unless they ham it up. Just a visceral reaction. Dark material and I have never really mixed that well.

None of this helped to be sure. But the real problem was how inconsistently he was used in the beginning. They spend all this time hyping him up and when they debut him, it doesn't appear they know what they are doing with him. You can talk about "Oh Kaz was injured then" or whatever. I'm just talking what someone would see with their own eyes. The whys and wherefores aren't particularly relevant. They built the guy up and then he didn't do anything worthy of it. They did finally get into some of the Who Is Suicide stuff. And it was fairly good. Especially the stuff with the Guns and Lethal Consequences. But they promoted Suicide like they were going to go big and then they ended up going home.

I wouldn't say he was a Glacier level failure. But it would have taken a pretty massive repair job on Suicide to have made the initial hype campaign worthwhile. Probably more repair than just fixing the issues you two raised. Actually, I'd say how Suicide's been done is pretty decent considering the failure to capitalize in the beginning. He's never been worthy of the Dark Savior talk. But he's carved a better niche out than a lot of hype-flops have over the years.

Who really cares about the Suicide gimmick/character ? I for one never did, Kaz is/was much better off as himself...I do like the idea of Daniels having an identity crisis of sorts - I'd love to see a Kaz/Daniels feud based around the X Division title and the apparent death of the Suicide character which they both played - throw in a red herring or two and a swerve or three and you have an oddball train wreck type feud between 2 uber talented and underrated wrestlers. Definitely do that where Suicide threatens to be unmasked and both Kaz and Daniels come out to try rescue him, then Suicide is unmasked to be revealed to be Sean Waltman, who most people know never played Suicide, could be a good way to kill off the character too to have Waltman don the suit for the lolz, think of it as the Suicide character evaporating into nothing. This is of course all theory and it'll never happen but I'd also even tie it in to the Band/Hogan angle with Waltman claiming he played Suicide for the past year which we all know not to be true but Waltman aptly prompting the question of can anyone disprove him? no. Scott Hall on the other hand, I don't quite know yet lol, maybe have him, Nash and Hogan swerve to form the original nWo but give them a new name cos The Band name just sucks.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving the Angle/Anderson feud and the Bisch/Hogan stuff. It looks like they've signed a new wrestler from WWE but I don't know who, probably RVD, speaking of which when he shows up on the live Impact - have him feud with Raven right away and link ECW into it and RVD's almost 2 year reign as Champion, give both an opportunity to promote TNA and bury WWE - good starter feud, and then tease, hint and build to an eventual lengthy feud between RVD and AJ Styles, because that's the one everyone wants to see but TNA shouldn't pop the cork right away like they did with Angle/Joe. In fact how good would it be to have AJ/RVD feuding for a whole year without ever locking up and then at Bound For Glory there you go, 5 star match!

Who really cares about the Suicide gimmick/character ? I for one never did, Kaz is/was much better off as himself...I do like the idea of Daniels having an identity crisis of sorts - I'd love to see a Kaz/Daniels feud based around the X Division title and the apparent death of the Suicide character which they both played - throw in a red herring or two and a swerve or three and you have an oddball train wreck type feud between 2 uber talented and underrated wrestlers. Definitely do that where Suicide threatens to be unmasked and both Kaz and Daniels come out to try rescue him, then Suicide is unmasked to be revealed to be Sean Waltman, who most people know never played Suicide, could be a good way to kill off the character too to have Waltman don the suit for the lolz, think of it as the Suicide character evaporating into nothing. This is of course all theory and it'll never happen but I'd also even tie it in to the Band/Hogan angle with Waltman claiming he played Suicide for the past year which we all know not to be true but Waltman aptly prompting the question of can anyone disprove him? no. Scott Hall on the other hand, I don't quite know yet lol, maybe have him, Nash and Hogan swerve to form the original nWo but give them a new name cos The Band name just sucks.

You know, I'd have no problem with this solution to the Suicide character. Could be a fitting end to him considering how they dropped the ball on making him really relevant in the beginning. My one hope would be that they'd do the Suicide vs Daniels part of Chris' identity crisis first. There would be too many fun "what the?!" moments to come out of that to let it go undone.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheOmniWarrior" data-cite="TheOmniWarrior" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How was the Kendrick vs Kazarian match?<p> I watched alot of TNA, up to the part with Bischoff/Jarrett angle but it wasnt really keeping my attention tonight.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was all right but it was very short. Kind of a squash match in favor of Kaz.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheOmniWarrior" data-cite="TheOmniWarrior" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does Kendrick have a single win in TNA? From the results ive heard since Kendrick debuted (and I may have missed 1 or 2) it seems to me they brought in Kendrick as a jobber</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That I am not sure of, I miss a lot of TNA due to the fact there are other stuff on TV that I watch. So I really can not give you an answer on that one. It seems he has lost everytime I have seen him fight. </p><p> </p><p> Hyde could probably tell you the answer.</p>