The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I think your confusing TNA's attempt to make me give a poop about tara and love having a spat with my contention that all i really cared about in that entire lame segment was lacey shaking her money maker.

A company can try to portray something (that tara and love matter) and fail utterly because of poor thought process/ production value.

I straight up did not care, at all, that tara and love had a tiff over the belt. I cared about the hot blonde in the ring doing a PG-13 strip tease.

Therefore, if TNA was trying to get something out of that segment other than a pointless fluff T & A piece, they failed with me as a viewer.

Pfft... I thought Daffney's was way better.

Lacey Lacey was already done a few years ago.

per 411wrestling who got it from PWTorch

RAW's rating was a 3.15 off hours of 3.0 (against hour two of Impact) and 3.3 (running unopposed). It was the lowest rated RAW of the year. The show drew 4.3 million viewers for hour one and 4.9 million viewers for hour two, averaging 4.6 million viewers for the two hour show.

Impact did a .86 rating off hours of .91 (running unopposed) and .82 (against RAW). The overrun, featuring the Knockouts strip tease, did a .97 rating and pulled the second hour rating up from what would have been a .78. The show drew 1.2 million viewers, the most viewers Impact has drawn on Monday night since March 8th.

Both shows had to deal with competition from the NCAA Championship basketball game which drew over 19 million viewers.

per 411wrestling who got it from PWTorch

RAW's rating was a 3.15 off hours of 3.0 (against hour two of Impact) and 3.3 (running unopposed). It was the lowest rated RAW of the year. The show drew 4.3 million viewers for hour one and 4.9 million viewers for hour two, averaging 4.6 million viewers for the two hour show.

Impact did a .86 rating off hours of .91 (running unopposed) and .82 (against RAW). The overrun, featuring the Knockouts strip tease, did a .97 rating and pulled the second hour rating up from what would have been a .78. The show drew 1.2 million viewers, the most viewers Impact has drawn on Monday night since March 8th.

Both shows had to deal with competition from the NCAA Championship basketball game which drew over 19 million viewers.

I also read that some other show that was on at 8 last drew around I think 16 million veiwers

pleasantly surprised by the overall ratings and even more surprised that the lock boxes (opposed by raw) got more viewers than the unopposed lader match.

If I were TNA I'd consider keeping the time slot and putting the knockouts on more since they consistently seem to get more ratings. Maybe stick them in two segments before the ME since they tend to lose viewers with bad segments late.

I will say, speaking on my behalf, I didn't really watch the ladder match.

Why?

Cause it was their, what, 5th match in the last couple months?

Same reason why I drifted off for Pope v. Wolfe. I'm just tired of seeing those.

Daffney's tease, I've not seen... nor will I ever it seems!

Let me console you, Fatally -- It was almost nothing. I, personally, find Daffney to be HIGHLY attractive, so I kept wanting it to go further, but you got almost no skin -- she pulled the straps of her in-ring attire off her shoulders (very, very slowly...) then Lacey came and ruined everything.

Let me console you, Fatally -- It was almost nothing. I, personally, find Daffney to be HIGHLY attractive, so I kept wanting it to go further, but you got almost no skin -- she pulled the straps of her in-ring attire off her shoulders (very, very slowly...) then Lacey came and ruined everything.

Oh no no, I misspoke, in a sense.

I saw what TNA gave us. I'm talking about Daffney actually stripping down.

I fear it just isn't meant to be.

Also, even just the straps, that was one of the best non-nude teases I've ever seen. (Also, I'm not a fan of the bleach blond enormous implant looking ladies, so, that may clear some things up)

TNA Offical Facebook page is saying that iMPACT will now start at 8 permanently from the 12th April

Ah that sucks. I can justify Tivoing Raw and Impact over The Big Bang Theory, but I don't think I can justify putting Impact over House of How I met Your Mother.

Yup you, who called that!? take that people saying I was wrong in saying 8-10 was an experiment due to low ratings and the NCAA game was just a reason to do it, who's right now! Will be interesting to see what happens when they go up against RAW at 9 for the second hour instead of NCAA,

1st hour= .91

2nd hour= .79

(i think if i remember)

so lets see if they reatain more viewres on the 12th

Spike TV just sent out the following:

Beginning Monday, April 12, "TNA iMPACT!" on SPIKE TV will have a new weekly timeslot on Monday nights and a new weekly encore presentation on Thursdays.

New Episodes:

Mondays: 8:00-10:00pm ET/PT

Encore Presentations:

Thursdays: 9:00-11:00pm ET/PT

Maybe, but doesn't it lead to someone possibly saying: I'll watch RAW on Monday (or something else) because I know I can catch Impact on Thursday? It's kind of like giving something for free and then being surprised when people don't want to pay for it.

Maybe, but doesn't it lead to someone possibly saying: I'll watch RAW on Monday (or something else) because I know I can catch Impact on Thursday? It's kind of like giving something for free and then being surprised when people don't want to pay for it.

Who the hell would want to see Impact rather then WWE? It's better like this, really. TNA is not ready for a monday night wars yet. :)

After seeing the horrible 'main event', I must admit the Daphné strip act cracked me up because it WAS kinda funny. The look on her face and all. But the whole gave such a 'kitch' impression it was a bit pathetic. But nontheless, it had its charm. Hell, I like 'kitch'.