The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

GNC investing in TNA?

Editor's Note: Any story in the TSC Rumor Mill is just that, a rumor, until further notice. This is news before it's news. It's a rumor.

According to two representatives, one of General Nutrition Centers (GNC) and one of Sirius XM Satellite Radio who works with the health and nutrition juggernaut, GNC may be looking to invest and perhaps, buy out Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA Entertainment).

TNA is currently owned by Panda Energy, which is ran by Bob Carter, father of TNA President Dixie Carter.

What is going on with the Knockouts?

Angelina and Daffney get injured so lets bring back Roxxi and push her down everyones throats and give her a title shot just to release her!

Roxxi was a pretty good wrestler. She could hold her own and the crowd was starting to really get behind her.

I'm sad to see ODB go. ODB actually had a gimmick going for her. Though stale at times she was fun and entertaining to watch. She has so much charisma and the people love her.

Now with those 2 gone we are left with the following:

Angelina Love - Glad she is coming back. Right now she is my favorite Knockout.

Daffney - Nothing special

Hamada: Excellent wrestler but will probably be released soon

Lacey Von Erich - Horrible wrestler but she is the future of the KO division

Madison Rayne - Obvious focal point to the divison. Alright worker

Rosie Lottalove - Complete Joke

Sarita - IMO the most well rounded out of all of them. Probably will be released soon too

Taylor Wilde - At one time she was the top dog now she is just being pushed to the side :(

Velvet Sky - No matter how many matches she is in she still hasn't learned anything!

This division use to flourish and now it's just a dud. TNA needs to realize that the Knockouts are a huge draw and they need to fix things and get back to where they were 2 years ago.

Angelina and Daffney get injured so lets bring back Roxxi and push her down everyones throats and give her a title shot just to release her!

Roxxi was a pretty good wrestler. She could hold her own and the crowd was starting to really get behind her.

I'm sad to see ODB go. ODB actually had a gimmick going for her. Though stale at times she was fun and entertaining to watch. She has so much charisma and the people love her.

Sarita - IMO the most well rounded out of all of them. Probably will be released soon too

Taylor Wilde - At one time she was the top dog now she is just being pushed to the side :(

Velvet Sky - No matter how many matches she is in she still hasn't learned anything!

This division use to flourish and now it's just a dud. TNA needs to realize that the Knockouts are a huge draw and they need to fix things and get back to where they were 2 years ago.

Roxxi was only rehired because April Hunter turned TNA down.

Looking at that list I really dont think its that bad its far from a "dud" though.

Hamada and Sarita are only there for the international aspect. Rosie is clearly a face Amazing Kong knock-off

Womens wrestling sometimes isnt just about the wrestling.

In what way? If by nothing special you mean completely unique look and character as well as better in ring abilities than half the girls on that list, then sure.....

The way I look at the Knock-Outs, particularly when you DID have Amazing Kong and ODB was that you had many, many different 'points of difference' in the Knock Out division compared to what can somewhat portrayed as a big racked-up blond/brunette Divas division. I mean, I have time for some of those Divas, don't get me wrong, but here we had a monsterous beast going head to head with a chick who brought a whiskey flask to the ring. It seemed like all their characters had points of difference in their character which gave them a massive wild variety of potential feuds.

What is the status with Kong? Is it definitely all over as far as she goes with TNA? And Cheerleader Melissa?

And the nerve of anyone criticising my mrs, Velvet Sky! :eek:

Nah not definitely over. They could not agree on a contract extension but they left the door open for a return. Also some people may forget that in the early KO days you also had a lot of mediocre in ring workers wrestling and a lot of multi women wrestlers. Khan, Salinas, Hemme, Brooks. After that the quality of the roster picked up but when D'Amore left the booking declined. Now the roster and the booking are in decline.

Waltman has been released as well the pwtorch is reporting so yeah I kinda saw that one coming. Tough to work with hep c if you get busted open it could be dangerous.

So now its just Young and Nash. I really wish they would have made Nash the color guy, nothing against Taz but Nash has quick wit.

I like Taz as the color guy. He may have some mixups sometimes but I enjoy seeing his rapport with Mike Tenay grow and grow. If they work together for a while they'll be the best announcing team since JR & King. I think Nash would be an awesome color guy opposite Jeremy Borash (hint hint).

Team Bornash? Ugh. No thank you. Personally, I don't see Nash making a good color guy. He'd probably be funny, yeah, but he seems like a guy who would be more concerned with getting himself over than selling the characters and the storylines. Just how I read him; maybe he'd prove me wrong.

I don't like Taz much either. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's just coasting in TNA and doesn't really give a crap.

Team Bornash? Ugh. No thank you. Personally, I don't see Nash making a good color guy. He'd probably be funny, yeah, but he seems like a guy who would be more concerned with getting himself over than selling the characters and the storylines. Just how I read him; maybe he'd prove me wrong.

I don't like Taz much either. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's just coasting in TNA and doesn't really give a crap.

I think you have Nash and Hall mixed up. Nash would be OK with putting some guys over on the microphone and he'd do it in a cool way. Hall on the other hand would bury everyone just so he could look good. My opinion though.

Honestly, when I watch TNA it seems like a lot people are just coasting. Jeff Hardy comes to mind as the biggest coaster and since he's been with Anderson he doesn't seem that way anymore. When he first arrived and started coming out to interfere or to save people it looked horrible because it seemed like he didn't know where he was supposed to be and it made some of the segments look weak. Maybe that's TNA creative though... maybe they're just really vague when they rundown the show backstage and WWE is very thorough. That could be it.

And I think Taz and Tenay have improved as an announce team since I've seen them working together. Anything was better than Don West. If anybody defends that guy as a good announcer... I don't know what to say. :eek:

Now that Stiker and Grisham have gotten less good.

That baffles me. When Striker and Grisham first started working together on ECW they were the best announce team on TV. Josh and Striker wasn't bad, but Striker and Todd had chemistry. Now it seems like they're forcing Striker to play a character as opposed to what he used to do.

Josh Matthews is the most underrated play by play guy around. I loved him on Velocity. I'll never forget him mentioning Zero 1 on Velocity.

Totally agree about Josh being underrated. I've been a fan of that guy since Tough Enough. He was good on Excess or whatever that random show that was on in the middle of the night. I definitely agree...

If memory serves they had Confidential, Smackdown, RAW, Velocity, Heat, Afterburn and maybe one other show with Coach and Trish as the hosts and they'd do a "from the vault" match all on at once.

Of course in 2000 they had RAW, SD, Heat, Metal, Jakked and maybe more. I remember Saturn on Jakked beating the snot out of some kid one time.

That baffles me. When Striker and Grisham first started working together on ECW they were the best announce team on TV. Josh and Striker wasn't bad, but Striker and Todd had chemistry. Now it seems like they're forcing Striker to play a character as opposed to what he used to do.

If I have to guess seeing as WWECW was a semi dev type thing, they where under less scrutiny and direct communication from the outside (EG Vince yelling in your ear). If they are not brining back JR then they should get rid of Lawler and bring back JBL as he worked well with Cole.

Read a spoiler that the main event of Victory Road is going to a four-way. You'd think after WWE does a PPV based around that they wouldn't want to do that. I know promotions can't base what they do on what everyone else is doing, but it feels like bad booking. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not a big deal to others. :o

I don't have a problem with that. If the story I'm trying to tell leads me in that direction then I'm not going to change it based on what the other guys are doing. However TNA does a lot of 3 and 4 way matches it reminds me of 2001 WWE with all their battle royals and what not and WM 2000 where there wasn't a single 1 on 1 match on the card.

Yeah kinda thought the same, but who cares if it's quality it's quality and if that match outshines the matches from the competition, which it could, it would be a nice reference point. Plus TNA have had the yearly 4 ways to glory match longer then the E has had this ppv. Although that 4 way to glory match has floated around ppv wise. Hmm lately not a lot of 4 ways or 3 ways imho. Since more then a year now they seem to have moved away from the excessive multi man matches on Impact or ppv.