The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

You know, sometimes I think Remi is a little too arbitary in this distaste for things that are mainstream. Then I see the response the mainstream gives a mimic like Anderson and I sympathetize with him. I bet if you showed me Anderson's X-rays, even his bones would be synthetic.

You know, sometimes I think Remi is a little too arbitary in this distaste for things that are mainstream. Then I see the response the mainstream gives a mimic like Anderson and I sympathetize with him. I bet if you showed me Anderson's X-rays, even his bones would be synthetic.

What do you mean a mimic?

Anyone know the ratings for the last several weks impacts? I'd be curious to see if they are going up because they've been progressively more solid in terms of action. If they do go up, I wonder if they'll get the hint and continue pushing the x-divison or if it's going to fade out like the ECW thing.

Anyone know the ratings for the last several weks impacts? I'd be curious to see if they are going up because they've been progressively more solid in terms of action. If they do go up, I wonder if they'll get the hint and continue pushing the x-divison or if it's going to fade out like the ECW thing.

1.2 the last 3 weeks after taking a hit due to the NBA finals

What do you mean a mimic?

There's an old line that says "He who is the most creative conceals his sources the best." Anderson comes off like he doesn't know and doesn't care. It's so easy to pick out when he's trying to come off like The Rock or The New Age Outlaws or whoever else he's modeling himself after. If he doesn't put me to sleep that is. I think I can count the number of times I've believed his words might actually be coming from him on one hand and have fingers left over. He's a mimic. He does everybody else's material so he doesn't have to tax himself being organic.

There's an old line that says "He who is the most creative conceals his sources the best." Anderson comes off like he doesn't know and doesn't care. It's so easy to pick out when he's trying to come off like The Rock or The New Age Outlaws or whoever else he's modeling himself after. If he doesn't put me to sleep that is. I think I can count the number of times I've believed his words might actually be coming from him on one hand and have fingers left over. He's a mimic. He does everybody else's material so he doesn't have to tax himself being organic.

I have never gotten that impression from him. He's always entertained the hell out of me on the mic and he was incredibly nice when I met him

I have never gotten that impression from him. He's always entertained the hell out of me on the mic and he was incredibly nice when I met him

For what it's worth I agree with Jaysin. I think he's entertaining and I don't see Rock/ NAO from him at all.

Ninety nine percent of this board would agree that Anderson is being Anderson. Brother Cappy has his own way of looking at the world and its workings and thats why we keep him around :) Keep on keepin on Brother Cappy

I'm not saying his opinions not valid, just throwing in my $0.02

There was a time when I really thought he was trying to be like Steve Austin, and then I saw his shoot where he spoke about Austin being the guy who got him interested in wrestling so I thought he was bound to be influenced by him.

I find him fairly annoying, especially during the "where's my rematch!" time.

Yeah, I refuse to give in to Anderson being the "next Austin" or the next anything really. The guy was average in WWE (could have been pretty big if they had put him into that one storyline with Vince), and he's still average at everything in TNA. He hasn't done anything clever even though people are all over his schlong with the whole ******* thing for some reason.

It has been a long time since I've bought a professional wrestling pay-per-view. But 44.95 for Destination X? Yeah, I'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD. Thanks.

Holy Jumping Dog Dookie! 44.95? I knew WrestleMania was spensive, but I hadn't realized TNA PPVs were that high.

Bad news for Broke Folk, such as myself.

:(

Are TNA PPVs always this price?

I have no idea. It's been a long time since I've even looked to purchase a pay-per-view. That's what happens when you're jobless for over a year. lol.

Holy Jumping Dog Dookie! 44.95? I knew WrestleMania was spensive, but I hadn't realized TNA PPVs were that high.

Bad news for Broke Folk, such as myself.

:(

Exactly! They would do better lowering the price during this recession. They could probably make it up in volume if the price was somewhere around 15-20 bucks? I would be able to get it for that price.

Exactly! They would do better lowering the price during this recession. They could probably make it up in volume if the price was somewhere around 15-20 bucks? I would be able to get it for that price.[/center]

I agree, I would buy it for 15 to 20 dollars but if it really is $44 there is no way in hell I am paying that kind of money for it. I will just read the results.

I would say I'd buy it for $15-20 myself, but, seeing as how I haven't seen a PPV live as it happened since Survivor Series 2002, I dunno if I honestly would.

I've gotten so used to being a "wait for the DVD" kind of guy, I dunno if I'd change.

I'd like to think I would though. I prolly would. I know I'd like to see Destination-X.

It's just not a $44.95 kind of like to see.

I would say I'd buy it for $15-20 myself, but, seeing as how I haven't seen a PPV live as it happened since Survivor Series 2002, I dunno if I honestly would.

I've gotten so used to being a "wait for the DVD" kind of guy, I dunno if I'd change.

I'd like to think I would though. I prolly would. I know I'd like to see Destination-X.

It's just not a $44.95 kind of like to see.

I agree with you, I cannot even remember the last time I bought a PPV. It might have been some WCW PPV back in like 1998 or so.

Actually I think I bought one of the weekly TNA PPV's back when they first opened.